**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus Glave & Ebony Maw is a problem

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Sorry, but did someone suggest the answer is to intentionally be hit by a heavy so you can land a couple attacks after? I don't think anyone here has any plans to enter corvus into a maw fight. It's the concept itself we are taking issue with.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Where was this thread when Annihilus was released? Hard counter to Sparky and no one cares because Sparky is old news. Learn to use other champions, then button mashing with Corvus won't be your only strategy.

I still don't have Sparky and of course no Annihilus so I don't know the answer to this but is Annihilus a counter in a similar way? My position has been that not allowing Corvus to damage Maw in any meaningful way is a step beyond creating a counter. Can a 3* Annihilus autofight a 6* Sparky?

So this is now the “salty I don’t have Corvus or Ghost” thread?

Why we can beat maw unlike people like you needing your crutch
    No one here arguing that this is a bad design is having trouble beating Maw.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    So after 4 hits Ultron can't land another hit?

That's a joke.

This is the beginning of the end.

Onmix said:

Just wanted to get in here and confirm that Ultron CANNOT beat Maw. It is literally impossible.
    After 4 hits ALL his attacks miss. Heavies. Specials. Everything.

I have to agree with OP that this is a mechanic that shouldn’t be introduced into the game. Hopefully he is the last.

There should be hard counter to champs but any champ that makes another COMPELTLEY unable to defeat him is unbalanced.

BTW I don’t have Corvus. No bias.

Wow. That's absurd. This is a bad design.
    Drooped2 said:

I just dont understand why use another champ is being so fought against. I cant rhink of a single situation in the game ever where I'd be forced to use corvus or ghost for ebony maw.

It isn't that people object to taking another champ. It's that no one champ should completely prevent another champ from doing damage
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    mike867 said:

Drooped2 said:

mike867 said:

Sorry, but did someone suggest the answer is to intentionally be hit by a heavy so you can land a couple attacks after? I don't think anyone here has any plans to enter corvus into a maw fight. It's the concept itself we are taking issue with.

How would that work for ultron after 4 hits?
    Is ultrons every 5 hits combo or straight every 5 hits I honestly never liked Ultron so him even having this is news to me
    Every 5th hit and that 5th hit will never happen bcuz u cant land a hit, its not combo
    I did an autofight, Ultron vs Maw. Even more shocking than Corvus.

After executing 4 hits, Ultron is totally helpless.
  • SniperdadSniperdad Posts: 3

I’m not going to disagree with you @GroundedWisdom, I’m just going to point out that you still WONT answer questions. Progress in this game is very important, players have different bottlenecks, different experiences, different hurdles they are directly facing. I’m saying this hurdle (to be absolutely specific: auto-loss matchups of champs at comparable PI) are bad for all players and only good for Kabam. If this becomes popular it will ruin all forms of AW, low tier (like you and @Drooped2 ) and high tier.

Hey why don’t you just voice your opinion on the subject and shut up. Quit making and idiot out of yourself Cliffy. You sound like a broken record, one that needs unplugged. Does it really matter if Corvus can’t kill one other player, yes and no. But not a damn thing we can do about it. Kabammmm has hit again with less brains than usual. Oh well get over it and pick a different champ. Bickering at others won’t change anything, just makes you sound like a crying school girl.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    So ... what will Ebony's cutoff score be like?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Then what's the big deal? If you can beat him you shouldn't have any problems.

Then what's the big deal? If you can beat him you shouldn't have any problems.
    The big deal is creating a precedent where it is OK to create interactions where some champs literally cannot damage other champs regardless or star level, rank level, masteries, etc. It's not good game design. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of defeating Maw in this EQ or anywhere else. I don't have a 5* or 6* Corvus or Ghost. I do have LOL ultron but don't use him. No skin in the game as it were. This looks like a bad design to me and I don't want to see more of it.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Anyone know if labyrinth ultron is affected by this or is it just corvus and normal ultron?
  • JakJakJakJak Posts: 28
    I'd be 20x more okay with 99% miss chance
  • YuhoeYuhoe Posts: 25

Yuhoe said:

I am so baffled by the logic of so many people in this thread. An effective counter to a champ and a counter that neutered a champ are two different things.

The game definitely needs to be more balanced and CG is one champ that dominates most (if he gets charges) but not all content. Counter like Sinister is one good way or even some nodes that limit damage per hit (which in some cases already rendered CG kind of useless against that node) are good examples.

However, a 99% counter like EM is plain stupid. The only way to hit EM is to bait his heavy to disable CG’s immunity which gives him a short window to hit EM. If the level of EM is very high, one heavy will take out a huge chunk of CG’ health already.

If CG bump into EM in AW, then he is dead before the fight starts. Of course, people would usually not bring CG against a Mystic but sometimes you are left with no choice and you are screwed. No chance at all.

By dumping all this unstoppable and unblockable into all the new content and now this really make me feel that the creators are getting lazy or simply running out of ideas.

So you only bring one champ to AW attack? Seems like a pretty poor strategy to me
    Well, if the other two champs are down, then I have to try CG against an unknown Mystic hoping that it is not EM. If it is, then I might as well quit and revive my other champs since there is zero chance of CG beating EM but that’s not the point. So many people either not seeing the point or are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Designing a class of characters with an advantage over another or a skill or ability that make one character strong against another is perfectly fine. Having a character that cannot win against another is not fine.

Kabam keep saying that they want to keep the game balanced so that every character is around the same level but playing some might require better skills and strategy is perfectly fine. Now they come up with this EM. Please tell me how these two characters, EM and CG are balanced. This is like a hard sell forcing down your throat telling you not to use CG against EM. This is down to the basic design of the characters which is flawed.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    I actually think Kabam will change this to some degree.

This discussion has been closed.