**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ultron Can't hit Ebony Maw

Comments

• Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Once again, it's not unwinnable. You use different Champs. That's not a travesty.

You love copy and paste dont you. For certain champs its unwinnable. That's what I dont like and what I dont want repeated. I dont want them continuing to introduce champs that are unbeatable by certain other champs.

Not sure why you love seeing that statement clarified so much.

But your cool with that idea. You imagine it's a natural progression of the game. I say it lazy development to just go we will make a champ unbeatable by certain other champs.

Agree to disagree.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Not exactly. One Champ was fixed.

Exactly. FIXED. Thanks for agreeing. That means Maw being unhittable was wrong. And if him being unhittable is wrong he shouldnt be unhittable by anybody
    Well that means the ONLY champ he's unhittable by now at 15% or 25% awakened, is Elektra. If they fix that, then you'll be happy right?
    I’m wil be okay with that but can also make all champ visible in war for make of it so we can make plans better and decided with champ to bring.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

Exactly. FIXED. Thanks for agreeing. That means Maw being unhittable was wrong. And if him being unhittable is wrong he shouldnt be unhittable by anybody
    Well that means the ONLY champ he's unhittable by now at 15% or 25% awakened, is Elektra. If they fix that, then you'll be happy right?
    It may still be possible with her. Her natural ability accuracy reduction when debuffs are placed coupled with the pacify mastery should be able to shut down Maw's ability accuracy by 100%. In theory, this means hits while he's stunned won't miss even if he's in Elektra's guaranteed crit range.

Anyone test this yet?
    Just did duped elektra against maw on master. Got him to 18% then she couldnt land another hit.

Correction her SP3 hit. But sp1 and 2 will miss
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Dtl7714 said:

Once again, it's not unwinnable. You use different Champs. That's not a travesty.

You love copy and paste dont you. For certain champs its unwinnable. That's what I dont like and what I dont want repeated. I dont want them continuing to introduce champs that are unbeatable by certain other champs.

Not sure why you love seeing that statement clarified so much.

But your cool with that idea. You imagine it's a natural progression of the game. I say it lazy development to just go we will make a champ unbeatable by certain other champs.

Agree to disagree.
    I say it's not lazy at all. I say it's smart. When you have 150 Champs or so, 2-3 more added every month, it's a smart challenge that you can have some that are immune to others. At least when it's carefully designed and limited so that it's not mapping the entire game out for you. Having a few Champs that are untouchable by 2 or 3 others is not a dramatization with the amount of Champs avaiable. What we disagree on is you should be abke to take any Champ into any Fight and win, and that's never been the case. There are various other limitations within the game. This would be another type.
  • Options
    I know that's your opinion. I stated as much. Again, agree to disagree
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Fair enough.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.

So what exactly was "fixed"?
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dtl7714 said:

It may still be possible with her. Her natural ability accuracy reduction when debuffs are placed coupled with the pacify mastery should be able to shut down Maw's ability accuracy by 100%. In theory, this means hits while he's stunned won't miss even if he's in Elektra's guaranteed crit range.

Anyone test this yet?
    Just did duped elektra against maw on master. Got him to 18% then she couldnt land another hit.

Correction her SP3 hit. But sp1 and 2 will miss
    Were any debuffs present? Do you have pacify?

These 2 things are the crux of the test. All you did so far was test that Ebony Maw is working as intended.

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.

probably made it so the 5th hit that misses counts as a hit to reset the counter, so you get 4 hits and a whiff, but you are not locked out.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian

Look at the “Yesterday” (Known Bugs) Link, there is a 2nd sentence that describes what changed...
    “The counter for his 100% Critical hit will now be reset even if the Critical hit Misses.”
  • Options
    Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189

I don't understand, ppl still arguing that it wasn't a design flaw, yet Kabam fixed it for us, lol, it obviously was overlooked. Thanks Kabam Team for helping out!

@GroundedWisdom @ItsDamien get off your high horses and realize mistakes are made and need to be adressed. I am very pleased the team was able to do a quick fix on this.
  • Options

I don't understand, ppl still arguing that it wasn't a design flaw, yet Kabam fixed it for us, lol, it obviously was overlooked. Thanks Kabam Team for helping out!

@GroundedWisdom @ItsDamien get off your high horses and realize mistakes are made and need to be adressed. I am very pleased the team was able to do a quick fix on this.
    I'm not on a high horse. There was a bug with Ultron. No argument. I just don't agree that the whole design of Maw was a flaw. That's not going to change.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

There's a difference between needing a fix, and people calling bull because it negates an ability of a champion. The Elektra thing needs to be addressed, I admit, but saying that the other champs need to be able to hit him all the time as well is just blatantly incorrect. Corvus, Ghost, Sym Spidey, Gamora, can still hit Maw, albeit in a gimped manner, which is fine.

So take your own damn advice and get off your own high horse :)
  • Options
    Oh no, I never said his whole design was messed up at all, in fact, I agree with some of your points, we need to evolve, but the first thing I saw when I came here was you and few others being incredibly contentious about this and started by saying its working as expected (paraphrased, same with @ItsDamien) when in fact it wasn't. People are always so quick to argue and it makes for a hostile environment here and I don't think that's appropriate.
    Damien, I'm not sure you know what that phrase means, I didn't say anything elitist in the slightest, and never even commented on the mechanics of this champs, just the way everyone was responding, and likewise with some of Grounded's posts, I agree with some of your logic, so stop being a jerk pls.
  • Options
    I'm not being a jerk at all.
  • Options

I'm not being a jerk at all.

that wasn't referenced to you, the other guy but wtvr, overall i just hate this arguing and eagerness to one up others, I know that wasn't the intention of this forum. If it was truly an intended mechanic (reading ultron) kabam would have said so and closed this thread, you and I know that both, we frequent this forum often. I personally like Maw, he gave me a challenge in UC and I had to work around it, but there are mishaps, and not every post needs to be heavily argued and you don't need to defend every little thing Kabam does. I happen to love your insight when you give it, I just think you comment a lot on posts that don't really more fuel added to them. Just my personal opinion, from one gamer to another.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Well, it was a question about Ultron that branched off into a debate on Maw's Abilities in general, hence most of the Thread was cleaned up. I'm just passionate on it, I suppose, for a few reasons. Just like anyone else. I just don't agree with the majority. Not really trying to fuel anything. Same passion, different direction.
  • Options

I'm not on a high horse. There was a bug with Ultron. No argument. I just don't agree that the whole design of Maw was a flaw. That's not going to change.
    There was a bug with Ultron? No argument. You have argued with that this entire thread. Now there was a bug is your stance. You have not prior to this acknowledged any problem with this mechanic.

And now you change your stance to that was a bug and nothing else counts.

Does your stance magically change with whatever Kabam puts out?

Cause now that it's been fixed you acknowledge it as a bug?
  • Options
    I thought he was working as intended. I was wrong. However, the bug was with Ultron. Not Maw.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

There was a bug with Ultron? No argument. You have argued with that this entire thread. Now there was a bug is your stance. You have not prior to this acknowledged any problem with this mechanic.

I dont think he has claimed there was no bugs with how any character interacted with maw, just that the design decisions of maw to be unkillable by some champs (really very hard to kill) was intentional and not a bug.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

I dont think he has claimed there was no bugs with how any character interacted with maw, just that the design decisions of maw to be unkillable by some champs (really very hard to kill) was intentional and not a bug.
    To be fair, I said Ultron was working as intended. I'll own that. I was mistaken.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

I bet you or him cant find any acknowledgement in any Maw thread that there interaction is not working as intended.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

I bet you or him cant find any acknowledgement in any Maw thread that there interaction is not working as intended.
    What does that have to do with the argument?
  • Options
    There is a huge distinction between something being flawed and just not agreeing with the design.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

What does that have to do with the argument?
    Yours and his magically changing stances. Feel free to figure out what your saying and what your opinion actually is
  • Options
    Msmoker21 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

That design is flawed regardless, negating the core mechanic of a champion is bad on its own, cuz elektra can’t physically kill him after he’s below 15%, nothing will land...
    Sp3 can still land, and that is an opinion not a fact. To be fair they may not have thought about her and that would be on them, but does not mean the design of the character in itself was flawed.
  • Options
    Okay, now you're being argumentative. I said I was wrong about the Ultron bug. Fair enough. My stance hasn't changed. There is nothing flawed or wrong with having Maw be untouchable by Guaranteed Crits. That's my stance, and it won't change.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Thank you for addressing the issue. I’m not sure if Elektra would fall under this same category since she has all guaranteed crits when the opponent is low as well. As for this thread, thank you for ignoring the usual know-it-all-but-really-know-nothing trolls since this mechanic seemed to have an unintended consequence to Ultron.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Okay, now you're being argumentative. I said I was wrong about the Ultron bug. Fair enough. My stance hasn't changed. There is nothing flawed or wrong with having Maw be untouchable by Guaranteed Crits. That's my stance, and it won't change.

This thread accomplished what it needed to.

This discussion has been closed.