**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

_ASDF_ said:

The folks defending the new buffs have simply gotten lucky with RNG or aren’t competing at a high level in AW.

1. Map 6 has easier buffs on their minis than this Hyperion.
    2. Anyone who can think logically knows exactly why they put oscillate on Hyperion. Because he has power gain. If you don’t power lock or taunt him prior to him gaining the armor buff you are dead. Even with taunt, he may still back against the wall. Going for a power drain, he could counter.
    3. It’s obscene to expect map 5 players to bring R5 champs into AQ. With the dramatic change in AW, our rosters are needed else where. Map 5 is not an expert map and that buff/champ combo comes with the expectation of ample rosters for AW/AQ.
    4. Increasing his power gain would be enough of a challenge. Aspect of war would be easier lmao.
    5. If they’re increasing difficulty... where’s the increase in rewards?

It’s not an expert map, don’t make the buffs and champ combos intended for top alliances. It never was before, why would it change now?

I agree with most of the things you say.

However, its key to drain his power to 0 right before he enters def mode. He throws SPs like candy in rage mode. If he starts with 0 power in def mode he wont be at 100% power after it. He will with high chance throw a SP right after his def mode is over (at ~ 2,8 bar of power) repeat and dont get hit. Soloed a hyperion with 7 tries (no deaths only timeouts)
    21 minutes to fight a miniboss, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year? That is 91 HOURS a year fighting ONE Hyperion. Is that how you want to spend 91 hours of your free time?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Madcat said:

Seraphion said:

_ASDF_ said:

The folks defending the new buffs have simply gotten lucky with RNG or aren’t competing at a high level in AW.

2. Anyone who can think logically knows exactly why they put oscillate on Hyperion. Because he has power gain. If you don’t power lock or taunt him prior to him gaining the armor buff you are dead. Even with taunt, he may still back against the wall. Going for a power drain, he could counter.
    3. It’s obscene to expect map 5 players to bring R5 champs into AQ. With the dramatic change in AW, our rosters are needed else where. Map 5 is not an expert map and that buff/champ combo comes with the expectation of ample rosters for AW/AQ.
    4. Increasing his power gain would be enough of a challenge. Aspect of war would be easier lmao.

It’s not an expert map, don’t make the buffs and champ combos intended for top alliances. It never was before, why would it change now?

However, its key to drain his power to 0 right before he enters def mode. He throws SPs like candy in rage mode. If he starts with 0 power in def mode he wont be at 100% power after it. He will with high chance throw a SP right after his def mode is over (at ~ 2,8 bar of power) repeat and dont get hit. Soloed a hyperion with 7 tries (no deaths only timeouts)
    21 minutes to fight a miniboss, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year? That is 91 HOURS a year fighting ONE Hyperion. Is that how you want to spend 91 hours of your free time?
    I dont say I like it. Im happy they turn down the nodes. But its a way to fight him with any champ. You have to be a bit lucky. But at least its a chance to win that way. After I red a lot of the post in here I was sure any trick will help. Even if its a small one
    Seraphion said:

Madcat said:

Seraphion said:

_ASDF_ said:

I dont say I like it. Im happy they turn down the nodes. But its a way to fight him with any champ. You have to be a bit lucky. But at least its a chance to win that way. After I red a lot of the post in here I was sure any trick will help. Even if its a small one
    Gotcha - thanks for sharing!
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    it Looks like power flood from spite is a passive buff so this means it can’t be nullified by normal means, right? (Ie. Sym supreme, hood, voodoo)
    WiMak said:

it Looks like power flood from spite is a passive buff so this means it can’t be nullified by normal means, right? (Ie. Sym supreme, hood, voodoo)

Correct.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited June 2019
    This does raise another concern that’s been irritating me… Symbiote Supreme’s staggers seem to be getting eaten up unusually fast. I had 3 staggers from one combo and a second later they were gone, AND he was power flooding again (normal buff) I don’t know if power flood(normal buff) is eating all the staggers at once (kind of like the inverse of one stagger nullifying ALL buffs that trigger simultaneously) or if it is ACTING as though a stagger nullified passive power flood, disappearing, but leaving the passive power flood.

All I know is staggers are disappearing at an illogical rate...?
  • LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 124
    I use a rank 5 max sig Luke Cage and still struggle with second mini
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 514 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Unyonface said:

JRMONY said:

Y’all complain too much that’s all y’all do if you can’t beat the boss then do map 3

Who asked you? Don't have anything constructive, don't comment...
    Tells people not to comment unless its constructive. Posts comment that isnt constructive...

And yet you come and do the same. Besides if you read the whole thread you will see I was 1 of the 1's that had input as well. So kick rocks...
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    How come my 5 star R5 GP enerverate does not work on him. Hit him with l2, had bleed and he was powergaining like the dickens? Very frustrating
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Evervate is not power lock. He just doesn’t gain power from your hits but will still gain from his abilities and spite.

How come my 5 star R5 GP enerverate does not work on him. Hit him with l2, had bleed and he was powergaining like the dickens? Very frustrating

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Helps to leave the Quake link up if you take him with Void. If bad luck with Petrifies, Clear link and kill with other champs.
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    ezgoing said:

Evervate is not power lock. He just doesn’t gain power from your hits but will still gain from his abilities and spite.

O, thanks brother
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Fear of the Void
  • TheRawlsianTheRawlsian Posts: 7
    I'd just like Kabaam to know that I am refusing to make any more purchases until they address this overly difficult mini boss, and I'm advising everyone in my alliance to do the same. Map 5 shouldn't require using this many resources.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

I'd just like Kabaam to know that I am refusing to make any more purchases until they address this overly difficult mini boss, and I'm advising everyone in my alliance to do the same. Map 5 shouldn't require using this many resources.

Ditto here. Given its Day 5 of AQ I would expect that the toning down of Hyp will occur ahead of the next round of AQ.

@Kabam Miike please confirm when this is going to be done and finalised replacement buff for oscillate ASAP cheers

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

Day 5, and much of the same. Took him down to this with 2 champs. When he decides to fold up while he has armor it's an instant KO. Such a BS fight. No skill required, all luck if he decides to use specials.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    This fight is difficult and you can get creamed easily. But he is 1 shotable and there are multiple strategies for taking him down. Plenty of points on both sides. But at this point the argument about him has run its course, especially with a nerf coming
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

I am using like 4 or 5 team revives for each Hyperion of map5. He just refuse use the specials. I am in bankruptcy now 😥

Pause game if he reaches SP3. And try again after. You only need revives if he punches you in the face
    But is not that exploit a bug ??
    I mean, it's to suppose play that way, so who play that trick won't be banned??
    NCB_pt said:

Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

I am using like 4 or 5 team revives for each Hyperion of map5. He just refuse use the specials. I am in bankruptcy now 😥

Pause game if he reaches SP3. And try again after. You only need revives if he punches you in the face
    If that's exploiting a bug, there perfectly welcome to remove the timeout function in AQ/AW
    Dtl7714 said:

NCB_pt said:

Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

If that's exploiting a bug, there perfectly welcome to remove the timeout function in AQ/AW
    What!!? that is possible in war too?
    That's not supposed to work that way..... I think :D
    NCB_pt said:

Dtl7714 said:

NCB_pt said:

Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

If I had a dollar for every timeout I allegedly got without entering a fight, at the expense of half my health and the loss of 1 attack bonus in AW I could afford the obsurd offers this game puts out.

To sit there and have something that has been cheating the player base for years and turn around and say using it is exploiting a bug would be absolute garbage.
    Dtl7714 said:

NCB_pt said:

Dtl7714 said:

NCB_pt said:

Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

If I had a dollar for every timeout I allegedly got without entering a fight, at the expense of half my health and the loss of 1 attack bonus in AW I could afford the obsurd offers this game puts out.

To sit there and have something that has been cheating the player base for years and turn around and say using it is exploiting a bug would be absolute garbage.
    Who knows, who knows be afraid :#

But writing now fairly, I don't think that kabam would do something like that. But It's a strategy that I didn't think before.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    NCB_pt said:

Seraphion said:

NCB_pt said:

I mean you pause the game. What can they do? They just changed how SP3 works (no timer while in the animation) use it while you can
  • JoesekiJoeseki Posts: 53
    He's still too hard - Dance dance dance and un-bait-able more than half the time. Force close try again, still no bait. at least make him easier to bait! or make him only through P1, and P2. Power lock, un-bait-able is just stupid, Map 6 is easier
  • Tireck20Tireck20 Posts: 29
    Hyperion mini boss you just need luck, you can be the best player but if hyperion dont want through his SA you will lose with the SA3, you can be the best player trying to bait his attacks so he can through his SA but if he dont want through his SA again you will be dead with his SA3, so hyperion is not a fair mini boss, he sometimes have a passive AI like when you are playing arena vs thanos team or kang team.
    if kabam want to put a fair mini boss, need to increase his aggresive AI because isnt fair for players who want to play map 5.
    Maybe some will said if you havent the power to beat map 5 so play map 4, let me say it, i saw people with 5/65 champs and hyperion still strong with his AI passive, this is the real problem, not the power gain, is his AI.

Sorry for my english.