**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the "Suggestions & Requests" Tab of any use?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Has it ever happened that someone has suggested/requested anything and it actually got implemented in the game?

Is it there just for the sake of being there? Or is it useful?

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I think a while back before AW attack bonuses were added there was a thread suggesting it in that tab, So yeah they do listen, but very rarely though
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

I once asked why there wasn't any furniture in the game and why everyone was always standing, and next thing you know, they introduced a Chair to the game. So yeah, dreams can come true.

Well tbf IW has a chair and Modok is one.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    A number have been implemented, actually. They read and monitor it. Not all suggestions can be implemented, though.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I couldn't even get a reply to what I considered to be a reasonable request.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    In all honesty, I wish they implemented and actually read more suggestions, people have made a lot of great suggestions and unfortunately they are thrown in the bin.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir said:

Considering that I made a very reasonable suggestion regarding the Aspect of War node over 4 months ago and Kabam has ignored it; the answer is No.

funny learning how people think. "they did not implement the idea (I had/I liked) therefore they do not listen"
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I tend to consider the Suggestions and Requests page like a cousin of the memory hole from Orwell’s 1984.

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★

Has it ever happened that someone has suggested/requested anything and it actually got implemented in the game?

Is it there just for the sake of being there? Or is it useful?

Yes, it has. Did it happen because of the suggestion is the question.

A year or so back I suggested Night Thrasher as an incinerate immune Skill champ with gadgets in the Wishlist.

Suggestions for Gamora buff where her Sig refreshes: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/66132/the-most-dangerous-woman-in-the-universe#latest

And this was my thread on International Women's Day:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89137/international-womens-day-2019#latest

Now the fact that I made some of these suggestions; and that they later happened could give rise to a classic post hoc ergo procter hoc analysis. This would be flawed logic: I really can't claim credit for them; but I'm not going to stop making suggestions.

And for your question, definitely: yes.

The mods do read this stuff; and encourage our input in places like the Champion Improvement Thread (see the evidence here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/814887/#Comment_814887).

Maybe it's just a way to get us kids playing in one room whilst the adults entertain downstairs; but I think it's more constructive than just posting complaining emails about how rubbish a champion is. Make suggestions, keep it constructive, and (eventually) things may change (or get used for a different champ).
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Fjolnir said:

Considering that I made a very reasonable suggestion regarding the Aspect of War node over 4 months ago and Kabam has ignored it; the answer is No.

funny learning how people think. "they did not implement the idea (I had/I liked) therefore they do not listen"
    Its funny how people can jump to conclusions.

FWIW, this was my question and anyone bored enough to search will find no bumps, no demands and no salt.

Are there any plans to re-release special events like Coulsons/Ming Na/Boss rush etc?
    Fjolnir said:

Lormif said:

Fjolnir said:

Lol, spare me.

What conclusion would you come to after 4 months of silence?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/123882/aspect-of-war-node-can-we-please-get-a-50-second-countdown-buff-or-timer#latest
    that your definition of reasonable and a programmers/developer may not be the exact same thing? That not all threads need responses? I could go on.

Lormif said:

Fjolnir said:

Its funny how people can jump to conclusions.

FWIW, this was my question and anyone bored enough to search will find no bumps, no demands and no salt.

Are there any plans to re-release special events like Coulsons/Ming Na/Boss rush etc?
    yes, it is funny how you did that.
    Fjolnir said:

Of course i believe it’s a reasonable request. Others thought so also; there’s a reason the thread has 35 people agreeing with me and a few more who “liked” it.

Imagine bane or brute force without the countdown timer.

people often find their own request reasonable. reasonable is subjective, and I dont even disagree with it being reasonable. Assuming they dont monitor that jsut because they did not respond or implement it in your time frame however is not reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.