**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Wrath_and_HavocWrath_and_Havoc Posts: 61
    Lainua said:

Now, let me offer up another potential option. I want to preface that I don’t like it, but once the bug is resolved, here’s another champ you could use:

Dormammu.

*poison immunity ✔
    *bypasses the passive shock through medium hits power draining + L2 ✔
    *Doesn’t generate fury, so -90% ✘
    *has a heal mechanic built into his L3 and heavy attack interactions ✔

Highly suboptimal and a long fight, but certainly possible after the bug fix.

Thoughts?

I tried. He died from incinerate. You will waste too many units to revive him.
    How’d you manage to build up enough damage to proc backblast? Did you use the heimdall synergy? If so, I was referring to dormammu without it.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

That's gonna be a long fight either way

Korg synergy gives Iceman a fury every time his ice armour is broken and is forming. A stacked Iceman with this synergy I think should be considered, at least in the absence of a better option.

Yeah I’m sure it’s similar to how Havok’s plasma stuff works lol it’s gotta be an actual BUFF so passives typically don’t work. Kinda like how Mr Sinister doesn’t transfer Voids debuffs bc they're passives.
    Interesting you bring up void, since he falls into the same category as Quake in this discussion. Here’s my take on him though:

* his debuffs don’t transfer from Sinister not because they’re passive, but not “damaging” unless you are void. If you put void’s degen from L2 (which triggers from his power sting), my guess is Sinister will transfer it.
    * In theory, you could just perpetually dodge back and let void build a ton of debuffs without ever swinging at Sinister. The downside is you’d be looking at 30+ min of dexterity dodging because of the 90%dmg reduction.
    You can't really keep dexing back without some way of pushing the opponent back though. I guess you could hit into his block to get some room but this whole premise is really suspect anyway.

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Korg synergy gives Iceman a fury every time his ice armour is broken and is forming. A stacked Iceman with this synergy I think should be considered, at least in the absence of a better option.

Yeah I’m sure it’s similar to how Havok’s plasma stuff works lol it’s gotta be an actual BUFF so passives typically don’t work. Kinda like how Mr Sinister doesn’t transfer Voids debuffs bc they're passives.
    Interesting you bring up void, since he falls into the same category as Quake in this discussion. Here’s my take on him though:

* his debuffs don’t transfer from Sinister not because they’re passive, but not “damaging” unless you are void. If you put void’s degen from L2 (which triggers from his power sting), my guess is Sinister will transfer it.
    * In theory, you could just perpetually dodge back and let void build a ton of debuffs without ever swinging at Sinister. The downside is you’d be looking at 30+ min of dexterity dodging because of the 90%dmg reduction.
    You can't really keep dexing back without some way of pushing the opponent back though. I guess you could hit into his block to get some room but this whole premise is really suspect anyway.
    Oh I’m with you. I think it’d be psychotic to attempt. I never much cared for cheese fights where you just win by being backed in the corner.

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Oh I’m with you. I think it’d be psychotic to attempt. I never much cared for cheese fights where you just win by being backed in the corner.
    Such a bs fiesta man. Sad part is that I'm seriously enjoying the rest of the content. Much better than 6.1 imo

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Such a bs fiesta man. Sad part is that I'm seriously enjoying the rest of the content. Much better than 6.1 imo
    Wholeheartedly agree. For the most part, the node design is actually much better! But things like Sinister really drag things down. Not impossible, just not fun.
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

Now, let me offer up another potential option. I want to preface that I don’t like it, but once the bug is resolved, here’s another champ you could use:

Dormammu.

*poison immunity ✔

Thoughts?

How’d you manage to build up enough damage to proc backblast? Did you use the heimdall synergy? If so, I was referring to dormammu without it.
    I have not fought Mister Sinister yet, just tried Dormmamu with Punisher and he died from incinerated. But the match with MS will be different and your methods maybe works, just it will last very long I suppose. Still waiting the fix before push it.
    Sinister has caustic temper. Under no circumstance will your crits ever hit hard enough to proc incinerate in that fight
    Lainua said:

Lainua said:

Dormammu.

*poison immunity ✔

Thoughts?

I have not fought Mister Sinister yet, just tried Dormmamu with Punisher and he died from incinerated. But the match with MS will be different and your methods maybe works, just it will last very long I suppose. Still waiting the fix before push it.
    Yeah, to reiterate, it’s a very suboptimal choice to use Dormammu, just a theoretically possible one if the bug is fixed. Personally, I’ll be attempting it with Ghost + Hood synergy once the bug is gone, as even with -90%dmg I think she’ll burn him down much more effectively.

It could be a flop, but I’ll be posting a vid in this thread if it’s at least close to a workable solution.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

once the fix comes through I am going to go in with a team of Medusa rank 4, Blackbolt 6*, Karnak 6*, Emma Frost rank 4, dorm 6*. See if I can play clean enough long enough with the damage mitigation on emma and dorm to make any real dent. Then see if I can boost medusa and try to spam her l2

but in all honesty I dont know why I am even trying. I look at that champion fight and what its going to take and I am not sure I can manage the final 10% with my capiw 6* at rank 1. I may need to rank 2 him before he can withstand enough to handle it

You don't have to take any block damage to dex champion's special.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/c09rld/how_to_dex_the_champs_l1_without_taking_block/

you don't need cap at all let alone rank 2. He's a good option bc he can nullify unstoppable as well though. I did it with R4 MS
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Thanks for checking. Did not even know it was passive. :)

Mcord117 said:

once the fix comes through I am going to go in with a team of Medusa rank 4, Blackbolt 6*, Karnak 6*, Emma Frost rank 4, dorm 6*. See if I can play clean enough long enough with the damage mitigation on emma and dorm to make any real dent. Then see if I can boost medusa and try to spam her l2

but in all honesty I dont know why I am even trying. I look at that champion fight and what its going to take and I am not sure I can manage the final 10% with my capiw 6* at rank 1. I may need to rank 2 him before he can withstand enough to handle it

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/c09rld/how_to_dex_the_champs_l1_without_taking_block/

you don't need cap at all let alone rank 2. He's a good option bc he can nullify unstoppable as well though. I did it with R4 MS
    You ramped her up to 5 souls or just brought her in for that fight? I have her too but I was considering loki for champion
    Not to sound too rushed, but I just wanted to check in:

@Kabam Miike , how goes progress on the Sinister bugfix at this time? Any news?
  • Not to sound too rushed, but I just wanted to check in:

No news. All we know for sure right now is that it will be early this week.

Not to sound too rushed, but I just wanted to check in:

No news. All we know for sure right now is that it will be early this week.
    Copy that. I appreciate the quick response. Standing by.
    arsjum said:

Thanks for checking. Did not even know it was passive. :)
    No worries. Didn't want someone wasting time getting there and finding out the hard way

Mcord117 said:

You ramped her up to 5 souls or just brought her in for that fight? I have her too but I was considering loki for champion
    Ramped her up on the mystic gate path. Some great matchups for her there. Might wanna bring non mystics for blade and maybe an option for Gulk as well. Those fights were kind of annoying as I went full synergy for ms and then brought sym for most of champion
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Is there any word on when the sinister bug fixes will be pushed?
    Dshu said:

Is there any word on when the sinister bug fixes will be pushed?

@Kabam Miike responded to me 30mins ago.

No news at this time.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Missed the response @Wrath_and_Havoc too many posts since I last checked the forum. Appreciate the update
    No sweat boss!
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

@GroundedWisdom @Drooped2 It would be best to just stay out of this thread before you make things even worse. We all know you three spend money and are content with the state of the game, which a majority of the community isn't, but you are really going too far

You fail at reading? I've been against how this fight is done the entire time.

Also I'm free to play
    Are you sure about that, because you made it sound like you enjoyed this insanely difficult fight.
    I recall saying it wasnt skill based(I only enjoy skill based fights)

This fight IS NOT difficult (if you have a synergy)

Heavy parry heavy parry heavy isnt hard with capt iw it's just stupid
    I'm one of the lucky summoners that are blessed with a capiw, but this fight is far from easy without heimdall synergy. (I understand what you mean) Both backblast and caustic temper should be removed and this fight will be improved
    Rh
    Mcord117 said:

Cap with science synergy reduces block damage by 50% for all science champs.
    _ASDF_ said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

@GroundedWisdom @Drooped2 It would be best to just stay out of this thread before you make things even worse. We all know you three spend money and are content with the state of the game, which a majority of the community isn't, but you are really going too far

You fail at reading? I've been against how this fight is done the entire time.

Also I'm free to play
    Are you sure about that, because you made it sound like you enjoyed this insanely difficult fight.
    I recall saying it wasnt skill based(I only enjoy skill based fights)

This fight IS NOT difficult (if you have a synergy)

Heavy parry heavy parry heavy isnt hard with capt iw it's just stupid
    I'm one of the lucky summoners that are blessed with a capiw, but this fight is far from easy without heimdall synergy. (I understand what you mean) Both backblast and caustic temper should be removed and this fight will be improved
    Rh
    Mcord117 said:

Cap with science synergy reduces block damage by 50% for all science champs.
    He reduces attack of the opponent when NOT being attacked, which means it doesn’t reduce block damage. It reduces the effects of limbo by 50% or possibly thorns.
    It reduces block damage by 50% I obviously wouldn’t write that here without testing it first will share screenshots in a bit

With and without synergy

• KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★

arsjum said:

Drooped2 said:

Idk if the degen actually would tbh seeing it triggers after they throw a special, granted I’ve never tested it to try lol....not that I think he’s an actual option for this fight anyway😂 he does get fury with a synergy though so there’s that I suppose 😂

This discussion has been closed.