**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Proxima midnight is still small ?

_GRINDER__GRINDER_ Posts: 538 ★★★
Guys any update on the last thread .?

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Terra said:

I can't be the only one who finds Proxima, both MCU and Game version, hot right? Right?

I do as well lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Was she supposed to be changed?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Why shouldn’t she she’s bigger than some of the large champs such as cable and luke cage
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Did she grow?
    edited June 2019
    Kobster84 said:

Why shouldn’t she she’s bigger than some of the large champs such as cable and luke cage
    It's related to internal game mechanics, and not meant to reflect reality and size comparison necessarily. Logic doesn't always apply.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

Terra said:

I can't be the only one who finds Proxima, both MCU and Game version, hot right? Right?

I do as well lol
    The only female champ I have eyes for is Morningstar 🤷‍♂️

Kobster84 said:

It's related to internal game mechanics, and not meant to reflect reality and size comparison necessarily. Logic doesn't always apply.
    What are you talking about????? One champion’s size in game shouldn’t be related to another’s because of “internal game mechanics”? Can you please keep some of your thoughts to yourself? Especially the thoughts with no sense or that don’t reflect reality necessarily.
    I'm sorry you disagree, but reality has very little to do with anything in this game.
    The Size of a Champ is related to how they want them to function in the game. Presumably, it's decided along with their partners, much the same as the Tags are. What I said was reality has little to do with it. It's not as if they stood them up physically in a line and measured them. There are various game modes that depend on Size, and they function how they want those Champs to function in those. The game is not always congruent with "reality".
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

What are you talking about????? One champion’s size in game shouldn’t be related to another’s because of “internal game mechanics”? Can you please keep some of your thoughts to yourself? Especially the thoughts with no sense or that don’t reflect reality necessarily.
    I'm sorry you disagree, but reality has very little to do with anything in this game.
    The Size of a Champ is related to how they want them to function in the game. Presumably, it's decided along with their partners, much the same as the Tags are. What I said was reality has little to do with it. It's not as if they stood them up physically in a line and measured them. There are various game modes that depend on Size, and they function how they want those Champs to function in those. The game is not always congruent with "reality".
    I love the argument of "Reality" in a game with super powers.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yeah this still needs to be addressed. Proxima needs to be a Large champion.

Why does she "need" to be a large champion? Outside of Variant 2, and a few random nodes once in a while, size does not matter.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    ItsDamien said:

Why does she "need" to be a large champion? Outside of Variant 2, and a few random nodes once in a while, size does not matter.
    Because she isn't small

ItsDamien said:

Because she isn't small
    And why does that matter? Does it break the game because she's not tagged as anything else? Does it affect how she deals damage? Does it make her animations any different? Does it affect her synergies? Does it change absolutely anything outside of Variant 2 and "Size Matters" nodes that rarely appear?

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Because she isn't small
    And why does that matter? Does it break the game because she's not tagged as anything else? Does it affect how she deals damage? Does it make her animations any different? Does it affect her synergies? Does it change absolutely anything outside of Variant 2 and "Size Matters" nodes that rarely appear?
    If you really believe size is that insignificant in this game then why do you care if people want to change her tag to Large? You're right that it really only affects Variant 2 so it really shouldn't be a big deal right?
    Sure, your argument is valid in that regard, but at the same time there's no point in wasting the time in changing something that's so insignificant overall right?

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Because she isn't small
    If you really believe size is that insignificant in this game then why do you care if people want to change her tag to Large? You're right that it really only affects Variant 2 so it really shouldn't be a big deal right?
    Sure, your argument is valid in that regard, but at the same time there's no point in wasting the time in changing something that's so insignificant overall right?
    Well, how much time is wasted changing a champion tag? It's not like it's a champion rework. This is just a small change that I think would make players happy.
    Enough time that could be used to work on more important things. It's a small change that affects a small vocal minority.
    The issue isn't really the timing. They could do it quite quickly, I would imagine. The Champs receive the Tags that they, along with Marvel, decide to give them.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Because she isn't small
    Well, how much time is wasted changing a champion tag? It's not like it's a champion rework. This is just a small change that I think would make players happy.
    Enough time that could be used to work on more important things. It's a small change that affects a small vocal minority.
    How much time do you think it would take? I'm not a programmer by any means but I can't imagine that changing a champion tag would take enough time to distract them from their bigger projects.
    How much time would it take? Well, to change the tag, probably about 20 minutes, say 30 just for rounding. Then you have to take that and test that the size change works on all nodes that are affected by size modifiers, which can take several hours for a couple of people. So man hours you're already talking 4.5 hours. Assuming in best case scenario that's all it'd take.

In worst case scenario that it's not working as intended? That could be another 8 hours of fixing for a couple of devs, so 16 more man hours, we're now at 20.5 total, then when a fix has been made, another 4 man hours of testing. That's 24.5 man hours. Or let's call it 3 working days, so about half a weeks work.

Now again that doesn't seem too bad right? The problem then is people will say "Well why isn't this champion this tag?", and it becomes a slippery slope. And with things like Avengers tags, and X-men tags and whatever else is that you then have to factor in usage events, and certain characters that have interactions with those tags, be it with synergies or abilities. That would cause immense problems in terms of time.

You're probably thinking at this point "Well all of this is irrelevant, it's only one character?" but isn't that the exact argument people use when they say "this is setting a bad precident. If they do this with one character then what's stopping them doing it with more?"

Realistically, it's not worth the change especially considering all those factors, and also trusting Kabam to not somehow botch it and break something else in the process.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.