**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New AW map?

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
Good or trash?

New AW map? 63 votes

Good
33%
ArcDeAngelusTheJallidanielmathPrimmer79CoBfan1987Eric987PizzabeatStellarJridenhour_3TheKiryuMathking13IKONTehsigzorzHfchangEtjamaFlintTheSavagePhysology101UmbertoDelRioFrostyNickelThicco_Mode 21 votes
Trash
66%
DL864Darkstar4387Spity68Hort4Carnage313Dark89PhoenixManup456TerraBajjsbwuqjwNCB_ptFoxhero007MityAntJohnyzeroM1k0rinGluteusMaximussest22RoOOtscharaderdude2RasiloverTaZ_4178 42 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Trash
    Too many nodes that have near impossible champion combinations on it, and some nodes are just a nightmare. And not even a increase in rewards until we have to endure 4 months of this until season 11. Pure bull
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Trash
    Terra said:

Too many nodes that have near impossible champion combinations on it, and some nodes are just a nightmare. And not even a increase in rewards until we have to endure 4 months of this until season 11. Pure bull

Oh impossible champion combinations you mean like IMIW on Caltrops yeah my device was about to go flying and especially with the auto block, unblockable sp1, and the armor up yeah he takes like 4 heavies to go down 1%.
    edited June 2019
    Trash
    Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

Oh impossible champion combinations you mean like IMIW on Caltrops yeah my device was about to go flying and especially with the auto block, unblockable sp1, and the armor up yeah he takes like 4 heavies to go down 1%.
    I'm thinking more of in in the line of Thor Rags sig 200 on intercept aegis, or Rhino there too. These new war maps could have been great but needed to be meddled with and have their node difficulty through the roof. I wish the beta testers didn't 100% consist of only endgame players who have every champ max sig, instead having some smaller players giving advice for the middle
    Playerbase. But alas, it's how Kabam is. Unfortunately.
    Also, in before JuSt GiT GouD or the ramblings of certain others that defend Kabam to their last breath
  • Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Trash
    Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

I'm thinking more of in in the line of Thor Rags sig 200 on intercept aegis, or Rhino there too. These new war maps could have been great but needed to be meddled with and have their node difficulty through the roof. I wish the beta testers didn't 100% consist of only endgame players who have every champ max sig, instead having some smaller players giving advice for the middle
    Indeed Oh Kabam.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Trash
    kabam managed to obliterate aw interest, now all that remains is do the same to aq and we throw the game away and everyone saves time and money
  • T0XINT0XIN Posts: 17
    edited June 2019

From what I understand, wars during beta testing lasted less than 60 minutes.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Good
    Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

Also, in before JuSt GiT GouD or the ramblings of certain others that defend Kabam to their last breath
    Rhino isnt impossible, you dont get hit if you intercept him as long as you dont finish that combo that was initiated with an intercept. I went up against him and it was easier than I expected.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

Just FYI, the beta test for AW was not endgame players only. Myself and my Alliance were part of it. In fact the top 800 alliances were invited to it. That's Gold 1 and above. The input came from many different levels of players. Not just endgame. I'm not "endgame" in that I only have 4 R5 5*'s.
    Trash

Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

Just FYI, the beta test for AW was not endgame players only. Myself and my Alliance were part of it. In fact the top 800 alliances were invited to it. That's Gold 1 and above. The input came from many different levels of players. Not just endgame. I'm not "endgame" in that I only have 4 R5 5*'s.
    I see. Perhaps I should clarify my intent of the beta test opinion. Top 800 allies. That you say is gold 1 and above, I can agree. But I'm thinking in terms of instead of focusing on those who have a larger roster, to atleast allow those with smaller ones, who can represent the middle rated player base (think 200-300k) since those can give a different opinion and viewpoint than those who are higher up. Expand the viewpoint of beta testing.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Good

Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

Rhino isnt impossible, you dont get hit if you intercept him as long as you dont finish that combo that was initiated with an intercept. I went up against him and it was easier than I expected.
    Ya i had a rhino there once, and annihilus there before they nerfed the node, both turned out to be pretty easy
    Terra said:

Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

I see. Perhaps I should clarify my intent of the beta test opinion. Top 800 allies. That you say is gold 1 and above, I can agree. But I'm thinking in terms of instead of focusing on those who have a larger roster, to atleast allow those with smaller ones, who can represent the middle rated player base (think 200-300k) since those can give a different opinion and viewpoint than those who are higher up. Expand the viewpoint of beta testing.
    There were plenty of those types in the beta test. We had to create new alliances for the beta. I created one as "open" and those that joined it were a pretty good mix players from lower to higher ranks.

Don't get me wrong, there are some BS fights on the map but they had a wide range of feedback during the beta. Many didn't like it then either.
    Trash

Terra said:

Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

There were plenty of those types in the beta test. We had to create new alliances for the beta. I created one as "open" and those that joined it were a pretty good mix players from lower to higher ranks.

Don't get me wrong, there are some BS fights on the map but they had a wide range of feedback during the beta. Many didn't like it then either.
    I see. Didn't know Ally creating was a thing in Beta. I just feel sometimes Beta testers aren't given the attention of certain problems that they found are given enough attention by Kabam. Although I have seen some of Xnigs stuff with the champion boss which is good that Kabam listened but that has no place here. I and a few others feel the Beta program is of a too small duration to be effective. If something is given more time, less bugs and fixes would need to occur, say with Sinister or Champion if given a large enough sample size and duration
    Terra said:

Terra said:

Terra said:

Nick1109 said:

Terra said:

I see. Didn't know Ally creating was a thing in Beta. I just feel sometimes Beta testers aren't given the attention of certain problems that they found are given enough attention by Kabam. Although I have seen some of Xnigs stuff with the champion boss which is good that Kabam listened but that has no place here. I and a few others feel the Beta program is of a too small duration to be effective. If something is given more time, less bugs and fixes would need to occur, say with Sinister or Champion if given a large enough sample size and duration
    It could have been done differently. Wars were like every 4 hrs but getting bets testers to place and be around was difficult. Kabam tends to show us what they are going to do, as for feedback but then ignore a majority of it. Ive expierenced it with beta testing and the 2 community feedback groups ive participated in.
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    Good
    It’s not too bad. We’ve had plenty of time to get used to it, adjust path plans based on alliance rosters, study the nodes and have had time to fail and learn. I like how kabam made changes too. I don’t dislike it anymore.
  • FlintTheSavageFlintTheSavage Posts: 58
    Good
    Map itself is fine, nodes on the other hand not great
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Good
    Much better as you don't have to stick to assigned paths, you only have to complete one of the 3 sections in each tier on the map and you can send people from one side of the map to the other whether that's needed for cover or as a counter. This map offers so much more flexibility and control even if some of the nodes are more difficult.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Good
    Good is a bit too much, as Trash too...
    This new map is a nice evolution of the old one. you have much more flexibility, the nodes are nearly all new ones.
    But it's true that if you don't have specific champions some path can be a nightmare !

Line 1 with starburst can drain your champion health if you don't have Hulk Ragnarok
    Line 3 with psychic thorns can wipe out your team if you don't have a champion with energy attacks or distance attacks
    Mini-boss on line 5 with Buff Toggle (unstoppable) / Boost Buff (unstoppable) 3 / Brute force can really be a pain in the a... especially if the champion already have an unstoppable buff in addition of the one the node is giving...
    Line 9 with different type of aegis can be very hard with Korg, Thor Ragnarok, Malicia, Agent Venom, Rhino. a simple Rhino 5R3 can do a kill here
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Good
    I think the map layout (the paths and stuff) has a lot of potential. I like how it gives alliances the ability to meet up halfway through the map and split off in different directions, meaning people can take one bit of one map and one of another. That's awesome and I applaud Kabam on that.
    But the nodes are a different story. I think that the nodes were, by themselves, very interesting concepts. But I think if nothing else, it would have been a good idea for them to test the content out in normal story content first. Make a special event quest and say 'hey, we're planning to add some of these nodes to AW. Tell us your thoughts.' would have been an amazing idea.
    But hey I don't play AW anymore. It just stresses me out to begin with.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Good
    I like the map itself but hate the nodes. It's basically back to placing best defenders and skipping entire islands to get the boss down.