**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the refund policy

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    Zuko_ILC said:

I urge everyone to reach out to your platform with your concerns on this new policy as they dont adhere to the platforms policy.

I also urge everyone concerned to reach out to their platform's app store, because probably the only way they'll be convinced this does not violate either platform's app store policies is if they are told that directly by the actual app store representatives.

If it did, it would be trivial to quote the specific terms violated.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    @Drooped2 ye seems I was wrong about the t5cc deal it was units so my bad
    Although on a second note kabam needs to improve its support team so much. Probabaly one of the worst I’ve ever seen with any company they literally have no knowledge of the game
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian
    Mixalis said:

DNA3000 said:

Mixalis said:

I emailed my boss and he responded by saying if Apple won't refuse this policy, we can't neither. Both Apple and Google play must both have the same policy regarding refunds. This is not my expertise, because I'm a programmer.

That's odd because that's not true: Google and Apple have different policies regarding refunds.
    It has different language, but it's still a refund.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Both app stores have policies regarding refunds, but those policies are different. The fact that it is "still a refund" seems to be irrelevant here. Of course it is still a refund. If one or the other prohibited refunds, they couldn't really have different policies regarding refunds.

But I think this is even more besides the point, because Kabam's policy doesn't govern app store refunds, and thus doesn't and cannot contradict either store's explicit refund policy. Instead, this is Kabam's own policy for handling cases where the app stores themselves have issued refunds under their respective policies. In that case, Kabam will treat those customers as the announcement specifies. This can only violate either app store's guidelines if those guidelines directly address what app developers can do after a refund is issued. And neither app store explicitly limits this that I can recall.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

Your very own thread states something different happened. Hrmmm.
    Lol I'm done here you just told me a story that doesnt match your own story

You are exactly right. They say one thing and do the total opposite! I remember this post. Guy trying to be honest and still gets the shaft from Kabam.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

JimmyB said:

As mentioned within the announcement:

If you ever encounter an issue with an in-app purchase or to return any unused items from an accidental purchase, reach out to our Support Team. They are here to help you.

Putting this into effect was meant to aid in keeping The Contest fair and balanced for everyone as well, not to halt assistance. For most players, this won’t cause much change in how they would go about seeking and receiving assistance with legitimate purchasing issues, but it will help prevent others from taking advantage of the system to gain an unfair advantage over those who are playing and competing in a fair and honest manner.

All I'm hearing is blah blah blah! You want everything to be in a fair playing field but yet you fail to fix bugs within the game.

Two plus years and ps and iniquity are still unusable and you still refuse to give back resources used to acquire these masteries! Bugs that affect gameplay and make you money from your customer is fixed at your convenience. Bugs that give us an advantage are fixed immediately.
    Gtfoh with this nonsense! No one believes this so quit trying to blow smoke up our buts!

You've caused this problem with people wanting to get refunds because you refuse to ever do the right thing!

I'm glad apple will still give refunds without disclosing our identity. You've made your bed now go lay in it.
    By your logic, if you violate Kabams new policy with refunds, if you get banned you should also lay in the bed you make. The sword swings both ways.
    Yes you are correct. Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    In the interest of keeping this Thread going, it would probably be best for us to move away from specific instances and discuss the policies in general. Just a thought. I realize I just commented on it myself, so I include myself in that.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Your very own thread states something different happened. Hrmmm.
    Lol I'm done here you just told me a story that doesnt match your own story

That was another incident
    So you've been banned twice for refunds.

Yea sorry no sympathy for repeat offenders of the policies. Should be perm bans
    Perm bands for two refunds within the 5 years I've been playing this game? It's not like I returned hundreds of dollars back. I'm a Google employee I can return whatever I want
    Entitlement at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.