**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

About the refund policy

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Mixalis said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Your very own thread states something different happened. Hrmmm.
    Lol I'm done here you just told me a story that doesnt match your own story

That was another incident
    Not to be that guy, but more than one creates a pattern.
    Two refunds for a total of 10 dollars and I've been playing since 2014.
    Two refunds in the space of 1-2 months yea you deserved a ban
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Not to be that guy, but more than one creates a pattern.
    Two refunds for a total of 10 dollars and I've been playing since 2014.
    It's not the number. It's the TOS. Refunds have never been allowed. What this policy does is actually give people protection. Previously, they could take action in any instance. They've never been allowed. What this does is allow for a negative balance until the Account is squared. Regardless of how long someone plays or how many they've done, they have always been against TOS.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Don't you feel dumb. @Drooped2 That wasn't the incident I was referring to. I returned items because of act 6 being bugged.

Not at all you just showed you have a history of getting refunds which is clearly present in the new policy that could lead to a ban.

Two refunds out of how many thousand of dollars I've spent since 2014 lol.
    ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

So you've been banned twice for refunds.

Yea sorry no sympathy for repeat offenders of the policies. Should be perm bans
    Perm bands for two refunds within the 5 years I've been playing this game? It's not like I returned hundreds of dollars back. I'm a Google employee I can return whatever I want
    Entitlement at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.
    Whatever man. I'm not entitled. I worked hard for everything. I lived in poverty growing up. Keep your insults to yourself. That drooped2 character is a troll.
    You negated your statement the second you mentioned "spending thousands" and "I work for Google I can refund as I please"
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    JimmyB said:

I'm glad apple will still give refunds without disclosing our identity. You've made your bed now go lay in it.

I know Apple does not disclose the identities of people it refunds directly, but I had a thought about that and referred the question to an app developer friend of mine. According to him, while it is technically true you aren't notified about people seeking (and getting) refunds, if an app developer believes this is being abused there are ways to detect this. It takes a lot of effort to track everything, but an app developer can, if it wants to ahead of time, figure out if you're demanding refunds from Apple for in-app purchases made in an app.

Most developers don't do this, but it isn't strictly speaking impossible. The trick is you can't tell who asked for a refund, but you can in some circumstances figure out which transaction was refunded, which is (if you keep track) the same thing.

So don't assume you are 100% anonymous when requesting refunds from the Apple app store. This is not an entirely safe strategy.
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    Now atone for your sins or face the walk of shame.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

DNA3000 said:

Mixalis said:

Dude, you got issues. Kabam is negating the ability to get our cash back! I never said I want to still keep the items! If I buy revives and energy refills and the game is bugged, I want to have the ability to refund my CASH and NOT keep the items!

By definition, the policy for what happens if players ask for and get a refund from the app stores cannot negate the ability to get a refund. If you work for Google as you claim, this is something you could simply email inside counsel to get an official opinion on.

This isn't some crazy idea that Kabam just made up either. Many games will straight up ban you if you either reverse in-game purchase charges or refund them from mobile app stores.

Although the announcement doesn't state this, I believe this policy primarily addresses app store refunds. Because of the mechanics of app store refunds, Kabam cannot remove the items paid for when the app stores issue refunds in a consistent manner. As such, the "discrepancy" they mention in the announcement exists. If you go through Kabam support itself, they have the ability to resolve issues with in-app purchases more directly (whether they do or not is a separate issue: see below).

In regards to the UK Consumer Rights Act, the Act only specifies that consumers have a right to "remedy" and refunds only when the purchase was defective in certain specific ways. Going through the app stores to get a cash refund without allowing Kabam to reverse the transaction would not be consistent with the rights specified under that Act. If you go through Kabam's support and they refuse to remedy or refund, then you'd have the right to challenge that under the Act.
    I emailed my boss and he responded by saying if Apple won't refuse this policy, we can't neither. Both Apple and Google play must both have the same policy regarding refunds. This is not my expertise, because I'm a programmer.
    Theres nothing to refuse here. Would be asinine to refute this policy as a business..
    It causes an unhealthy platform. It's a double standard. For example, I decided to get a refund for $100 worth of revives. The game was bugged and I wanted to complete the content, but the game was so bad even revives won't help me. I then decided screw it, I want my cash back. I went ahead and initiates a refund with Google. I get my cash back, but I don't get to keep my revives (that's all cool) but then I get banned by kabam the day later. That's a double standard.
    There's no double standard, there's just one standard. If you pay for in-game items and you get those in-game items and those in-game items are what the game operator represented them to be at the time of purchase, you must make good on that payment. If the items are not what they were represented to be at the time of purchase, you're entitled to remedy or refund. You are not entitled to a refund under any other circumstance just because you think you deserve one.
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Don't you feel dumb. @Drooped2 That wasn't the incident I was referring to. I returned items because of act 6 being bugged.

Not at all you just showed you have a history of getting refunds which is clearly present in the new policy that could lead to a ban.

Two refunds out of how many thousand of dollars I've spent since 2014 lol.
    ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

So you've been banned twice for refunds.

Yea sorry no sympathy for repeat offenders of the policies. Should be perm bans
    Perm bands for two refunds within the 5 years I've been playing this game? It's not like I returned hundreds of dollars back. I'm a Google employee I can return whatever I want
    Entitlement at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.
    Whatever man. I'm not entitled. I worked hard for everything. I lived in poverty growing up. Keep your insults to yourself. That drooped2 character is a troll.
    Lol now its I grew up poor and worked hard. Guess what. That doesnt mean squat either..
    You openly violated the tos twice.

Nothing else matters.
    So? Kabam had a bugged game for two months with lag, freezing play, bugged champions etc... And people aren't allowed to refund? They use Google's and Apples platform. If both those companies allow refunds, why wouldn't people do it. I never said to keep the items, bit getting your money back should be ok without a ban!
    Doesn't matter if the game was bugged, you effectively stole from Kabam. And that is against their ToS. Doesn't matter if Kabam uses Apple and Googles platform, as long as Kabam abide by the platforms ToS, they are free to make whatever policies they wish. And as a Google employee you should be well aware of how Googles internal policies are.
    Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

It causes an unhealthy platform. It's a double standard. For example, I decided to get a refund for $100 worth of revives

Then you say 10 in refunds..
    So were at 3 now?

I said example genius. Why do you keep messaging me? Crazy much?
    Ah yes the defensive insult. Like a wounded dog who's actually just slipped in it's own mess, pretending like it's just been shot.

Seriously though. You messed up. You got burned for it. You have no right to complain about the new policy as you already broke the old policy twice.
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

It causes an unhealthy platform. It's a double standard. For example, I decided to get a refund for $100 worth of revives

So were at 3 now?

Says the guy who answers every post hypocrisy?

Lol still 2 violations openly admitted
    Did someone steal something from you or something? Because you seem butthurt. Kabam is the one stealing when your in act 6 and get koed for no reason because of a bug. You keep using the word stole. It's legal to refund. Foh.
    Sure, and it's legal for Kabam to enforce their policy and ban you for falsely refunding. In fact another place that deals with Charge Back issues a lot is Twitch. You ever hear about the troll who would donate thousands of dollars to streamers, then charge back the donation so the streamer would have to pay the charges? Yeah. They got burned when PayPal told them they weren't getting their money back from the troll donations.
    My issue is they can take the items back and I get my money back, but then they ban too. It's a double standard
    And that's exactly what this new policy is changing, if you can be bothered to actually read it. If you buy something, don't use the items or units, then request a refund FROM KABAM SUPPORT, then you will be fine as long as the items have not been used. Trying to get a refund via Apple or Google and circumventing the due process of Kabam retrieving the items is what causes people to get banned.
    Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

ItsDamien said:

Mixalis said:

Drooped2 said:

So were at 3 now?

Ah yes the defensive insult. Like a wounded dog who's actually just slipped in it's own mess, pretending like it's just been shot.

Seriously though. You messed up. You got burned for it. You have no right to complain about the new policy as you already broke the old policy twice.
    And?? I care about a 12 year old insulting me? You're a internet tough guy.
    If you say I am, it must be true because you're a Google employee! Yay for being an Internet tough guy! Seriously though, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm done explaining why you're wrong.
    You sound jealous. That's what it is
    Jealous of being a Google employee? Hell no. I wouldn't want to work for Google with their internal policies. I'd much rather stick with being self employed thanks.
  • Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    As usual kabam says are way or the highway
    Crazy that I agree with what there doing with the buying units and stuff but I dont agree with them saying they always try to keep things fair
    Lol liessss
    You basically have to grind your life away for RANDOM Crystal's and usually never get what you want ... I had 3 awake gems mystic 2 science I held for years but I had to play for how long to get them
    Dont get me started on 5/6*s
    6*s should have never been brought into the game just another money scene
    Act 6 can only use 6*s on certain lanes like yeah ok because everyone has a good 6* I'm so glad i dont play or spend money like i use to in the past it feels good to just play a hour a day and be fine

Good luck to everyone literally being robbed blind
    Just dont spend and you will enjoy the game more