**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars - Defense Tactics and Rewards Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Kpatrix said:

Kpatrix said:

So by adding platinum 4, does that allow the top 800 in gold 2 to now move up to gold 1 ? The way it’s all stated is kind of confusing, Master is top 20, p1 is top 50, etc, but it’s not clear if p1 is top 21-50 or 21 to 71. That goes the same for p4 and gold 1; is p4 for 800 teams or the teams who have an overall rank inside the top 800 but outside the top 300 in p3 for a total of 500 teams. Please clear this up as it is pretty vague the way it’s worded currently.

@Kpatrix It's split down like this...

Master - 1-20 (20 slots)
    Platinum 1 - 21-50 (30 slots)
    Platinum 2 - 51-100 (50 slots)
    Platinum 3 - 101-300 (200 slots)
    Platinum 4 - 301-800 (500 slots)
    Gold 1 - 801-1,500 (700 slots)
    Gold 2 - 1,501-3,000 (1,500 slots)
    Gold 3 - 3,001-4,500 (1,500 slots)

...and so on. Hope that helps clarify how the season tiers work.
    Thanks, that helps
    Anytime! Seriously, the 1st time I saw the Season Reward tier breakdown when they introduced it, I got a bit confused too, lol. Eventually I figured it out. It would've helped if they listed the slot numbers on their graphic like I did above.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Any specifics on the individual war rewards?
  • LastBoyScoutLastBoyScout Posts: 23
    I have no words
    You should simply add a monthly fee for the game instead of keep ruining the game experience day by day
  • PoolPool Posts: 117
    Add confirmed rewards insted of those crystals. They are so unfair
  • SunnyJim_123SunnyJim_123 Posts: 78
    Simple solution... cut AW season by half!! If we get these rewards by concentrating our efforts and items on 6 wars instead of 12 then I’m pretty sure you won’t get any complaints!!

Also it would be neater doing the first 2 weeks of the month as AW on season and second 2 weeks as off season... we have dungeons to fill up time during off season as well
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    I thought that Kabam was going to take time to monitor how Wars are going during this season. Did they realize there's teams that are in Platinum 1 and 2 that are still dying over a hundred times and not completing the map just the way it is? Now they're going to make it even harder with no Global benefits that benefits the attacker whatsoever. The game just keeps getting less interesting every single day
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Munrolm02 said:

I thought that Kabam was going to take time to monitor how Wars are going during this season. Did they realize there's teams that are in Platinum 1 and 2 that are still dying over a hundred times and not completing the map just the way it is? Now they're going to make it even harder with no Global benefits that benefits the attacker whatsoever. The game just keeps getting less interesting every single day

If that is the case they will not be in plat 1 and 2 very long.

Simple solution... cut AW season by half!! If we get these rewards by concentrating our efforts and items on 6 wars instead of 12 then I’m pretty sure you won’t get any complaints!!

Also it would be neater doing the first 2 weeks of the month as AW on season and second 2 weeks as off season... we have dungeons to fill up time during off season as well

All the forums do is complain, they will get the same.
    Ultra8529 said:

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I am repeating what has already been said. The "buffed" war season crystals are absurd. 1500-22,500 T5 basics? Why give rewards for a month's worth of war such a huge RNG swing? The minimum is garbage. Why not have a higher floor? Unless you have buffed the drop rate, I'll be getting the minimum just like I have every single damn season since season 1. Some other dude in Plat 4 will get way more t5 basics because RNG. These crystals were announced as one of the major perks to AW seasons and they are trash. High level AW requires a lot of resources and time. Stop making the payout RNG dependent.

Fully agreed. We will see Gold 3 players who get a single crystal obtain the 22k T5B shards in a single crystal, and basically match the rewards for those in lower Plat tiers.

I truly believe that Kabam introduces RNG into these rewards so as to provide a legitimate way to catapult lower players into the higher tiers with massive RNG drops, while the top end players are limited by bad RNG pulls.
    Over time the top players will get massively more rewards because they will have more chances at it.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if I am repeating what has already been said. The "buffed" war season crystals are absurd. 1500-22,500 T5 basics? Why give rewards for a month's worth of war such a huge RNG swing? The minimum is garbage. Why not have a higher floor? Unless you have buffed the drop rate, I'll be getting the minimum just like I have every single damn season since season 1. Some other dude in Plat 4 will get way more t5 basics because RNG. These crystals were announced as one of the major perks to AW seasons and they are trash. High level AW requires a lot of resources and time. Stop making the payout RNG dependent.

Fully agreed. We will see Gold 3 players who get a single crystal obtain the 22k T5B shards in a single crystal, and basically match the rewards for those in lower Plat tiers.

I truly believe that Kabam introduces RNG into these rewards so as to provide a legitimate way to catapult lower players into the higher tiers with massive RNG drops, while the top end players are limited by bad RNG pulls.
    Over time the top players will get massively more rewards because they will have more chances at it.
    Maybe. I've gotten over 20k t2a total only once from those crystals. Then I watch lower youtubers get 20k+ almost every season. It really sucks.

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

Maybe. I've gotten over 20k t2a total only once from those crystals. Then I watch lower youtubers get 20k+ almost every season. It really sucks.
    No maybe about it, that is how probabilities work.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    What they really need to do is double the 5* and 6* shards and shrink the range of outcomes in the seasons crystals. With the new 5* and 6* gates in Act 6, increasing the availability of 5* and 6* shards is important. This would make AW the place to go for shards and AQ the place to go for rank up materials. If they made those changes I’d be much more excited for next AW season. I’m currently in the master bracket so my thoughts are really focused on end game players. Unless the rewards for winning a war go extremely up I feel Kabam lowballed us on the rewards which sucks since I prefer this map to the old one for sure.
    Eric987 said:

What they really need to do is double the 5* and 6* shards and shrink the range of outcomes in the seasons crystals. With the new 5* and 6* gates in Act 6, increasing the availability of 5* and 6* shards is important. This would make AW the place to go for shards and AQ the place to go for rank up materials. If they made those changes I’d be much more excited for next AW season. I’m currently in the master bracket so my thoughts are really focused on end game players. Unless the rewards for winning a war go extremely up I feel Kabam lowballed us on the rewards which sucks since I prefer this map to the old one for sure.

AW is already the place to go for shards, and the top rank already gets a full 6*.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Eric987 said:

AW is already the place to go for shards, and the top rank already gets a full 6*.
    One 6* for a 1st place season finish isn't really THAT much though. Now if that was the master reward in general, I'd be more on board with that

Lormif said:

Eric987 said:

One 6* for a 1st place season finish isn't really THAT much though. Now if that was the master reward in general, I'd be more on board with that
    Dude that is a metric a** load., every 3 weeks they get a 6* in addition to their other rewards. As it is master gets more than half a 6*
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Eric987 said:

So only 30 people get that. Doesn't really make sense to make a argument based on the rewards only the top 30 players get. It doesn't make sense to say its the place to go for shards because 30 people out of hundreds of thousands get a 6* crystal. However, I agree it's where a good chunk of shards come from, but I'm not sure I'd say its the main source for everyone.
    They get the top, but AW is still the place to go for shards outside of the EQ, it does not matter your rank.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Ultra8529 said:

No maybe about it, that is how probabilities work.
    you don't unserstand sample size. 2 extra crystals every 6 weeks isnot a meanngful number.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Eric987 said:

Dude that is a metric a** load., every 3 weeks they get a 6* in addition to their other rewards. As it is master gets more than half a 6*
    It really isn't though. It's also not every 3 weeks it's every 5 with a 2 week offseason which is standard
    Actually 6 weeks

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Eric987 said:

100% wrong. one 6* every 6 weeks for the siNGLE top ally is a joke. Save your units and you'll get more 6* champs from popping Cavs.
    Basically this. I think 10k shards is more than reasonable for a master finish
    Then maybe after 70 seasons or so people will have some decent champs to use that t5cc they finally formed on