Time to Take a Little Class Trip!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    The game is heavily based on RNG, and believe it or not, this is fair distribution. Everyone opening the same random Reward does so with the same chances. Drop Rates are the same for everyone. In the case of this Event, the majority of Rewards are fixed. One Item was based on RNG, the Crystals. The Shards are also based on RNG because that's how Champs are distributed. That's not only necessary for fairness, but longevity as well. As much as people argue against RNG, this game has been based on it for years, so I don't see that changing. Just to add to that, people think they would prefer to choose what they wanted everytime. Add that to this game, and it would crash and burn very quickly.
  • GerbilGerbil Member Posts: 50
    Why is it that the level 5 permission slips don't even show up in the souvenir store? I'm lvl 59 but not Uncollected... Is that why?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Gerbil said:

Why is it that the level 5 permission slips don't even show up in the souvenir store? I'm lvl 59 but not Uncollected... Is that why?

Yes, The Level you have access to has to do with the Titles you've earned.
  • JCristianos09JCristianos09 Member Posts: 11
    I'm super sad with the worst month rewards so far. 4* Miles Morales where I could gain a 5* and no 4* where I could get one...
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Only have sufficient permission slips to run one path in each of the four chapters of Epic difficulty.

Obtained this. :)

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 596 ★★
    I got a 4* Iron Patriot from the crystal.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Is there going to be anything added to the Souvenir shop? I don't want to spend all of my tokens only to have something get released in the last week or two. I've already spent in the shop and kind of regret it, I have this sinking feeling that unannounced things will be added after I have nothing left to spend.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Mdawood41 said:

@Kabam Miike how are we supposed to 100% these paths without the champs for the gates.

You aren't.
    Mdawood41 said:

I’ve won a **** ton of homesick crystals and also purchased multiple crystals in order to get a stark spidey yet no luck. I think it’s bs that you can’t explore this quest because of the lack of a champion. Poor form.

Get used to it. Champion requirements, like it or not, are going to be part of the benefit of having a larger and more developed roster over time. A lot of people think this is somehow wrong or bad design, but it is neither. It is a preference. The game rewards certain twitch skills. The game rewards certain tactics. The game rewards certain resource management skills. The game rewards patience. And it chooses to reward those with larger rosters. Since collecting champions is the fundamental basis of the game as a whole, that shouldn't be surprising.

As to this quest specifically, in about a week I think Kabam is supposed to be rolling out some defeat objectives that you can grind out to get specific champs. A lot of people say that grinding a lot of effort for a guarantee at something is better than relying on random chance. If they also complain they don't want to grind for that specific champ to unlock the gates because grinding isn't "fun" then they simply want what they can't have.
  • D4H0D4H0 Member Posts: 13
    Hi everyone, just a quick question, upon completion, does it count as Event Quest Completion in Solo Events? @Kabam Miike
  • Mdawood41Mdawood41 Member Posts: 19
    DNA3000 said:

Mdawood41 said:

@Kabam Miike how are we supposed to 100% these paths without the champs for the gates.

You aren't.
    Mdawood41 said:

I’ve won a **** ton of homesick crystals and also purchased multiple crystals in order to get a stark spidey yet no luck. I think it’s bs that you can’t explore this quest because of the lack of a champion. Poor form.

Get used to it. Champion requirements, like it or not, are going to be part of the benefit of having a larger and more developed roster over time. A lot of people think this is somehow wrong or bad design, but it is neither. It is a preference. The game rewards certain twitch skills. The game rewards certain tactics. The game rewards certain resource management skills. The game rewards patience. And it chooses to reward those with larger rosters. Since collecting champions is the fundamental basis of the game as a whole, that shouldn't be surprising.

As to this quest specifically, in about a week I think Kabam is supposed to be rolling out some defeat objectives that you can grind out to get specific champs. A lot of people say that grinding a lot of effort for a guarantee at something is better than relying on random chance. If they also complain they don't want to grind for that specific champ to unlock the gates because grinding isn't "fun" then they simply want what they can't have.
    I do have a pretty decent roster though for starting a year ago. 13 5 stars and a stacked everything else. I have every other spider verse champion except mysterio. Just no starky.

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

MCOC Team said:

Don’t have one of these Champions? Don’t worry! On the Final week of the Event, we’ll be launching new Special Objectives that reward you with a 2-Star Version of the Champion for defeating them 50 times in Arenas, Quests, or Duels!

I am missing three 2☆ champs; Green Goblin, Spider-gwen and Venom. To get them means 150 fights! :s
    Gotta catch 'em all :D

• IcemossieIcemossie Member Posts: 7
    where can you do the 50 fights quickly? for each of them
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,576 ★★★★★
    I just 100% uncollected for the month and i did not get my 10k shield markers. Im 2 paths short from 100% epic trips. Was there an announcement or anything about removing them from the monthly eq?
  • djr17djr17 Member Posts: 673 ★★★
    I dont think the EQ gave the markers, just the objectives.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Member Posts: 910 ★★★
    Guys, I thought we will be refunded (maybe the markers or the ticket) if we exited the class trip event. But apparently it's not...anymore?
    I've seen that one comment from KABAM saying it true but I just tested it and...spoiler alert, it is NOT!
    So, I've done this maybe 3 times before that thinking it's okay and I'll get the refund and it was just now I suddenly wanna really tested that.
    So what's the deal @Kabam Miike?
    I can't complete Master with just 350 markers available. Ticket is at 750 and I've 2 paths left.

PS: Don't blame me for exiting the Class Trip event 'cause in the game when you wanna exit it, it will give a message that the players will get the refund
    Hi @Kabam Zibiit could you help me with my issue? Kabam MIIKE is seems rather busy lately.
    When will I get a refund as promised by the game when I exited this Class Trip side event?
    Will the refund be in Markers or Permission Slip?
    I've exited maybe 3 times before really tested it to see if it was true but there's no refund at all.
    Now I don't have enough Markers to buy a Slip.

PS: Don't blame me for exiting the Class Trip event 'cause in the game when you wanna exit it, it will give a message that the players will get the refund

You mean the message that specifically states you will need to pay for reentry?
    djr17 said:

You mean the message that specifically states you will need to pay for reentry?
    Yes. However, there's a message in there that goes similar to "the cost to enter the quest will be refunded".
    So, I get that I need to pay for reentry but I thought it means "I will get the Markers refunded and need to pay to get the Slip to use for the quest again. No big deal. Not a long process to do it".

Triguy said:

Specifically states gates. While colloquially the entry fee is refered to as a gate, in this instance, it literally means the character gate. It is worded that way because of story 5.3 with gate keys.
    djr17 said:

Triguy said:

Specifically states gates. While colloquially the entry fee is refered to as a gate, in this instance, it literally means the character gate. It is worded that way because of story 5.3 with gate keys.
    I don't think it's right for KABAM to make it the same wording as act 5.3 gate for this Class Trip Event.
    I know I'm not the only one got confused by it. My other alliance member also got confused by it and sadly no refund.
    KABAM should've stated in when they first posted this thread as clear as they can.
    But I found no such statement.
    I've gotta send them an email for the refund. It's just not my fault for misunderstood the message.
    My argument will be the Class Trip event itself is a gate that requires a Permission Slip, hence, the refund should apply for that too.
    Thanks for clearing it up tho.
    Now I know better.
  • JoshlunJoshlun Member Posts: 4
    The rewards are fine with me, but I’ve been playing over 6 months and can’t complete 100% because I’m missing stark spidey. I can’t even get the 2 star version. N honestly 1 week to find a way to fight him 50 times is bs. Kabam you put out n event a whole lot of people won’t b able to 100% complete.
    •D€ADSHOT•
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Joshlun said:

The rewards are fine with me, but I’ve been playing over 6 months and can’t complete 100% because I’m missing stark spidey. I can’t even get the 2 star version. N honestly 1 week to find a way to fight him 50 times is bs. Kabam you put out n event a whole lot of people won’t b able to 100% complete.
    •D€ADSHOT•

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/150666/assistance-with-getting-missing-champs-for-school-trip-gates