**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No More Dungeons!!!

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I have a good roster, for map 7, now if I can't get a friend to join on first day I split up my r5s and take one at a time with some r4s and try random matchups, 7 doesn't seem to have too many duds, if they are as good as me and make 4/5 rooms I add them as friends, then whenever I have time to dungeon I invite friends first and wait a few minutes to see if any available before trying a random
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Literally have 20 friends on my friends list from dungeons who can all complete 4-5 room 7s now just from doing this, it's messed up that 6*s take so long to refresh, there was no point in that change, they are also great for gold was a lot more frustrating when I only had a couple teams capable of doing map 7 but now I probably have 4 or 5 teams I could pass 4-5 room 7s
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir said:

Lormif said:

Never played dungeons. Its a waste of time

you can get a 5* for about 1 hour of play, either a 5* crystal or a featured crystal with a 10% chance to get a specific champ. I am not sure how that is a waste of time. Pretty much every other mode of the game requires much more effort than that.
    An hour????? How do??

Dungeons run the last two weeks of every month and in that time, you’re not able to acquire enough dungeon currency for a 5* dungeon crystal.

On the subject of this thread; I don’t mind dungeons and somewhat enjoy them.
    total time in dungeons not straight time, and it should have said ~2 hours. It takes about 20m with a good team to complete dungeon 7 5 times, 7 times, or 140m worth of effort.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    You may find there interesting players happy to join alliance.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Frankly, I think we should see more interactive cooperative play or pvp play like this outside of Alliances. I think we need more things for people to do outside of alliances that are fun and competitive.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Frankly, I think we should see more interactive cooperative play or pvp play like this outside of Alliances. I think we need more things for people to do outside of alliances that are fun and competitive.

As an example, dungeons are often a dumpster fire if you go in with someone you dont know, especially at dungeon 6/7.

When you have to rely on someone else for the quality of your rewards and you have disastrous results regularly, people wont be motivated for interactive game modes that rely on strangers.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    While I agree that we need a true Solo mode event, Dungeons are and always will be another way to get champions maybe ones you even want
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Actually,i like it well i get specific champ that i wanted when good drop rates i got my doctor voodoo and SS from it
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Not really a fan. Takes weeks to build up enough artifacts for 5* crystals.
    I did them for the class trip objectives, since I’m close to getting a 5* I’ll run another days worth and that about it.
    Picked my highest champs, get matched and guy exits dungeon without one fight, so pissed those champs would have done well and it was a waste
  • Blizz_4R_Blizz_4R_ Posts: 95
    But that would be easy and boring
    Mike12867 said:

I HATE DUNGEONS! Cant exaggerate more. They can make this a solo event by:

1. Remove 2 nodes, keep only 2 and 2 paths

2. Player selects either of the paths and the one they didn't select has the node up

3. Taking down a common 'mini-boss' that has a node removed based on previous path selection

4. No need for regen

Easy as that. But NO, they want us to team-up and waste time. I am so close to quitting Dungeon runs. I wish I had mentioned this earlier in the dungeon review system. But its too late for me now, yet I hope the mods read this

@Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    If people don't enjoy them, they don't have to run them. That doesn't mean they should stop running them for others.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Dungeons need to be improved by adding more tiers at this point there should be 6* dungeon crystaks
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    Loads of people like dungeons. I don't, so I don't play them. This works well for me so I use this kind of thinking for most stuff like films, books, people, cars etc :))
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 158 ★★★
    luffy_91 said:

I can't be the only one who hates the dungeons, Right from the very 1st day? And why do I hate it? It's because i have to rely on someone else to complete it. One mistake from the other guy and I lose all the progress? In any Other game mode, i loose because of my mistakes. But in dungeons its the other person you are playing with. So Yeah, I HATE DUNGEONS.

Do you complete the AQ and AW maps by yourself?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Fjolnir said:

Lormif said:

Fjolnir said:

Lormif said:

Never played dungeons. Its a waste of time

you can get a 5* for about 1 hour of play, either a 5* crystal or a featured crystal with a 10% chance to get a specific champ. I am not sure how that is a waste of time. Pretty much every other mode of the game requires much more effort than that.
    An hour????? How do??

Dungeons run the last two weeks of every month and in that time, you’re not able to acquire enough dungeon currency for a 5* dungeon crystal.

On the subject of this thread; I don’t mind dungeons and somewhat enjoy them.
    total time in dungeons not straight time, and it should have said ~2 hours. It takes about 20m with a good team to complete dungeon 7 5 times, 7 times, or 140m worth of effort.
    Not everyone is running dungeon 7.

Real time: It takes over 1 month to acquire enough 5* dungeon currency to open a 5* dungeon crystal.
    It takes a month of very little effort. It is still the easiest way to get a 5*.
  • Freakyd said:

Loads of people like dungeons. I don't, so I don't play them. This works well for me so I use this kind of thinking for most stuff like films, books, people, cars etc :))

Simple as that. Don't like em, don't play them. No one can literally force you to do them. They're not required. They help players get champs, Gold, and a moderate amount of t4cc frags. I honestly don't understand why people would want to eliminate something that's a choice. You can choose to not do them. You can choose to ignore their existence. For the most part, that's what I do. Occasionally I'll get down on some Dungeon action. Just don't make it a point to regularly do them.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited July 2019

Freakyd said:

Simple as that. Don't like em, don't play them. No one can literally force you to do them. They're not required. They help players get champs, Gold, and a moderate amount of t4cc frags. I honestly don't understand why people would want to eliminate something that's a choice. You can choose to not do them. You can choose to ignore their existence. For the most part, that's what I do. Occasionally I'll get down on some Dungeon action. Just don't make it a point to regularly do them.
    The problem is you have Kabam did a few light pushes of the dungeons first with shield markers forcing people to play em to play the side quest followed by the additional special objectives which shouldnt matter to people who dont play dungeons anyway. But pushing the dungeons caused people who wish this content didnt exist to complain about it which was countered by the Kabam worshippers who attack anyone who dare not be happy with any aspect of the game.

Has made these dungeon threads more dramatic then neccessarry cause like it's been said, if you dont like it, dont play it.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Speeds80 said:

Literally have 20 friends on my friends list from dungeons who can all complete 4-5 room 7s now just from doing this, it's messed up that 6*s take so long to refresh, there was no point in that change, they are also great for gold was a lot more frustrating when I only had a couple teams capable of doing map 7 but now I probably have 4 or 5 teams I could pass 4-5 room 7s

There was a huge point to the long refresh of the champions: its actually what made dungeons more attractive to play.

When dungeons first came out the rewards were relatively low for the effort, but you could just grind them out continuously. Burnout was the largest single complaint about dungeons: to really get the good rewards out of them players felt they had to play them continuously. So dungeons were revised in such a way that the amount of rewards you could get out of dungeons was similar to what it was before in terms of overall time, but the actual amount of time you had to play dungeons was dramatically reduced. Cooldowns were the mechanism that enforced that rate limit.

Without long cooldowns dungeon rewards have to be balanced around the theoretical maximum that a player could grind out continuously, and that would mean dungeon rewards would have to be low for most players playing them much less. With cooldowns burnout is rarer and the rewards per unit time of gameplay can be much higher. The very fact that people keep asking for cooldowns to be reduced, in my opinion, says they are working as intended, because they were intended to eliminate burnout. When players are complaining about the cooldowns being too long instead of being constantly burned out on dungeons, that's actually a good thing.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I hate them too, I haven't played them since they came out. I played them enough to learn them and learn that the random match ups most often stink. Not sure if they ever got the chat to work properly. Honestly I'm fine not playing them but don't like that they're tying them to monthly events. They're trying to force dungeons on people now..
  • DrBairagiDrBairagi Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    luffy_91 said:

I can't be the only one who hates the dungeons, Right from the very 1st day? And why do I hate it? It's because i have to rely on someone else to complete it. One mistake from the other guy and I lose all the progress? In any Other game mode, i loose because of my mistakes. But in dungeons its the other person you are playing with. So Yeah, I HATE DUNGEONS.

I understand this like :
    One player is depends on another.
    They need to team up and clear the nodes for one another.

and you are saying its dungeons. Well one can say the same for AW and AQ too where you team up with more guys and need to be more attentive.
    The only difference is it's time constraints. But the difference lies in the rewards too.
    For your situation: Just play highest tier map you can go with and play with your known buddy. You will find the dungeons fun then.
    Also avoid finding matches, they are not reliable. But I see the matched are decent most of the times.
    After all you may not like the way it is designed then you may choose to opt it out. Like I am not playing wars since past 6 months and life is great with 5x5x5 AQ.
    Its a game after-all. You came here to relax. Do not make it a secondary job.

thanks. cheers. peace.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I dont play dungeon ever
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    That's the reason we should have sub forum.. That will connect lot of members and these things won't happen

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/926193
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    Simple fix...don’t play them. And don’t come on here complaining about optional content. No one is making you do them.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    But revival cost of champions is reduced to 1 unit .You can start again if you or your partner messed up.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★

But revival cost of champions is reduced to 1 unit .You can start again if you or your partner messed up.

It would be nice if this cost reduction remains permanent.