**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Kabam give us an offer to choose which champ we want?

LainuaLainua Posts: 861 ★★★
edited July 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
I propose this deal. For one in every year you offer community a deal that allows players to buy exactly the champ and the rarity we want. You are doing Vision deal right? Twice a year. Now do the same but with broader choices. Give us a chance to buy exact champ we want.

You know with all the rarity gate, champ gate that you have introduced recently it’s more and more difficult to beat contents without specific champions. Without the blessing of RNG I cannot beat Sinister 6.2.2 for example. You must give us an opportunity to breakthrough.

Think about it Kabam. This comes from a hardcore player.

Comments

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Arena.
  • So, they just put up a 5* Class Crystal with some goodies for 99.99 USD. If they were to do this hypothetical deal, how much would you wager it should cost to get EXACTLY who you want? Per Champion Tier. Now I'm asking this as legitimate question, no sarcasm. How much should it cost to choose a single champ? Cash price, and Unit price.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    The definition of “god tier” is subjective.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    I feel they did you’d be lookin at probably 200$ for a five star of your choice.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    If selling Vision for 5K when he isn't available anywhere else and is easily replaced by other duel immunes, as the bench mark then you'd be looking at at least 15K for a champ of your choice, as they're not only available elsewhere but likely to unlock content that would otherwise cost you around that. Wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 25K if this ever did happen as just one champ can open up so much more of the game if its the right champ, that you likely have an AG and stones for.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★

I feel they did you’d be lookin at probably 200$ for a five star of your choice.

Why the disagree? You know it’s true...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lainua said:

So, they just put up a 5* Class Crystal with some goodies for 99.99 USD. If they were to do this hypothetical deal, how much would you wager it should cost to get EXACTLY who you want? Per Champion Tier. Now I'm asking this as legitimate question, no sarcasm. How much should it cost to choose a single champ? Cash price, and Unit price.

I don’t know really. Hopes it’s reasonable. Kabam is all about profit no? From profit point they should offer a good deal for broader customer base.
    If you think the only reason the crystals are random is so Kabam can make as much money as possible, you're never going to understand why they don't let you buy the champ of your choice. If MCOC was a completely free game, or it was a subscription game where it was absolutely impossible to buy any amount of crystals for any amount of cash, the crystals would still be random and you still wouldn't be able to select the champion of your choice. This would only be possible if MCOC was a single player game. But as an online multiplayer game, this simply won't likely ever happen, and never on a regular basis.

The short answer is: it disengages players from the pursuit. The long answer requires a game design history lesson.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Lainua said:

If selling Vision for 5K when he isn't available anywhere else and is easily replaced by other duel immunes, as the bench mark then you'd be looking at at least 15K for a champ of your choice, as they're not only available elsewhere but likely to unlock content that would otherwise cost you around that. Wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 25K if this ever did happen as just one champ can open up so much more of the game if its the right champ, that you likely have an AG and stones for.

No, not 25k it’s unrealistic. If they actually made that deal they would offer a price that many players can accept not a dead price.
    Being able to choose a champ of your choice to get beyond a supposed road block seems more unrealistic to me than them charging 25K units for a deal, considering 15K ones are already here and those aren't even as remotely useful as this would be.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I mean, a 5 star champion selector for 100% Act 6 won't hurt anyone.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Lainua said:

I propose one a year like Vision deal. They are doing Vision deal so it’s not far stretch to a broader deal.

The difference between the Vision deal and your proposal is you get to choose the champ. That's all the difference. Choice changes the equation.

I'll try, although I don't generally have a lot of luck here. There's a champ you want more than any other. That's the champ you're going to choose. There's a champ I want more than any other. That's the champ I'm going to choose. So will everyone else. After this deal is released, everyone who takes the deal will now have the champ they most want. They will now be pursuing their second place champ. In other words, you've just dramatically reduced the level of "desire" to pursue champions for a large percentage of the playerbase.

That's why offering the same champ to everyone is not the same thing as offering every individual player's choice to everyone. It fundamentally alters the pursuit dynamics of the game. That's why crystals are random, even in games that don't sell them.

After this, I would have to resort to serious math and statistical dynamics. For example, why load balancers are sometimes randomized rather than use load measuring calculations.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Yep, you can buy OG Vision