**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RNG Fun

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
Needed one tech T4CC to take sentinel to R5. Had about 63 T4CC catalyst crystals in my inventory.

43 T4CC later, I got one tech T4CC. Pretty cool, right?

Comments

• Options
    AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    edited August 2019
    Yup.. just don't fall down the 'the game knows and won't give me what I need' rabbit hole
  • Options
    EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Wish I had that many crystals...
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yeah that's how kabams algorithm works
    Whatever you need you don't get
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

Yup.. just don't fall down the 'the game knows and won't give me what I need' rabbit hole

Why not? Is it that hard to believe? Algorithms more complicated than that get worked into programs all the time, and if kabam has proven anything to us, it's that money is a higher priority than integrity and player satisfaction. People seem to forget so quickly; they've gone to some lows to squeeze us in the past.
    The game knows you are opening crystals. How is it supposed to know who you are going to rank?
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Perfectly balanced...
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Jestress said:

FYI, this post wasn't meant to start any kind of conspiracy conversations. The only purpose was to show that my luck is absolutely terrible.

It already has man.

So just sit back, relax and get ready for an RNG math lesson courtesy of the MCOC forums.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    1 word

Algorithm
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    How the F do you get up to 63 crystals when you need just one catalyst to rank a particular guy??????????? My mind cannot conceive of that sort of willpower... I woulda been popping them as quickly as I got em...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,674 Guardian

Why not? Is it that hard to believe? Algorithms more complicated than that get worked into programs all the time, and if kabam has proven anything to us, it's that money is a higher priority than integrity and player satisfaction. People seem to forget so quickly; they've gone to some lows to squeeze us in the past.
    Game companies have been known to hire people to astroturf competitor's forums to stir up problems as well. If you want to play the why-not game, then understand what it looks like when someone plays it for keeps.

Why-not doesn't justify believing whatever you want to believe. Under those rules, there's no reason to believe someone isn't just making up insincere conspiracy theories for no other reason than to deliberately troll the forums, because why not.

We don't know with certainty that Kabam doesn't play games with its random drop tables. We do know with certainty that no one has put forth a theory of how they might be doing that which passes statistically significant muster. Anyone with any statistical background can know with certainty that everyone who has ever publicly claimed otherwise is provably wrong.

When a lot of people accuse Kabam of something that by definition generates results that cannot be hidden, and yet no one can prove it, and everyone claiming they can prove it turns out to be laughable wrong, that is in itself a statistically significant piece of information. They do more to convince me that there isn't material odds manipulation than I've done myself to convince me of that.

Always bet against the people certain that they are right when their own evidence says they are wrong. You win that bet more than 99% of the time.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Yeah but you needed one!! lol
  • Options

Yeah that's how kabams algorithm works
    Whatever you need you don't get

Not true. For sure seems that way at times, but I've seen many (who are F2P) get exactly what they needed. Some just possess that horseshoe everyone wishes to own. For others, if it wasn't for bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. The RNG is pseudo RNG so it's certainly not perfect. There may even be something to the algorithm that sways what you get a tad, but it's not 100% for or against you either. It cannot be stated as an absolute all things considered. I'm not gonna say it's impossible that there's something tweaking the probability factors here... just doesn't add up to being 'Whatever you need you don't get.'

For example, not every player follows the same rank up patterns. They hold certain champs in higher regards than the majority would. They then may land what the majority would feel isn't ideal, yet it's 100% what they felt was needed. The algorithm certainly is not Psychic. It doesn't know what you 'need' or want. It cannot guess player intent or desire when giving you champs, rank up items via crystal, awakening gems, rank up gems, etc.

Perhaps it uses prior rank up choices and arena scores to help dictate which champs would be deemed 'ideal' by the majority. That could play a factor in how often certain champs get pulled over others. That is a possibility, although I cannot say for sure that's what happening when champion resources and/or the champs themselves are doled out via crystal. It's RNG... it's randomized to a fault. If that means you don't get what you wanted, it is what it is. If you do, congrats, luck was on your side.
    Jestress said:

FYI, this post wasn't meant to start any kind of conspiracy conversations. The only purpose was to show that my luck is absolutely terrible.

Fair enough. To which I say, that is ROUGH. 1 out of 43 when there's only 6 classes. Jeeeezzzz those crystals did not want to give up that Tech catalyst, lol. RNG... sometimes it plays nice... other times, not so much.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Jestress said:

KattohS said:

Jestress said:

It already has man.

So just sit back, relax and get ready for an RNG math lesson courtesy of the MCOC forums.

😂😂😂

• Options
    PrathapPrathap Posts: 582 ★★★
    RNG gets you so bad sometimes....

I've got Red Hulk, Hulk, OG Spidey, Modok as 5* all duped and the only one awakening gem I got from act 5 was science... I'm left with Rhino so it's been staying in my stash for a long time.... :(
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

There is one algorithm, and it has 6 equal chances at each Class. It's the same for everyone. The process is instantaneous, and doesn't stop to analyze what you have and what you need. There isn't a hidden, separate algorithm that is keeping you from what you need, and unless the Devs have teamed up with Miss Cleo via Ouija Board, I doubt the game can tell what you want. Even if they could, she wouldn't be a reliable source considering she never saw her Tax Evasion coming.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I want to see the 2nd episode, that u used 3 T4cc and hoping to convert into one Tech T4cc.......then RNG
  • Options
    Yes. It's much more independently forward to believe the game team is keeping us from getting what we need by secretly programming the game to have artificial intelligence which knows what we want and need at all times.
    -.-
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

There is one algorithm, and it has 6 equal chances at each Class. It's the same for everyone. The process is instantaneous, and doesn't stop to analyze what you have and what you need. There isn't a hidden, separate algorithm that is keeping you from what you need, and unless the Devs have teamed up with Miss Cleo via Ouija Board, I doubt the game can tell what you want. Even if they could, she wouldn't be a reliable source considering she never saw her Tax Evasion coming.
    Fact is, you don’t know that for sure, you are just believing what we get told. Could be true, and then it also could be lies.

Maybe normally there is a chance of getting them equally, but then when it knows what you desperately need, it will lower the chances for that class.

I’m the same with AG, I’ve got ones I can’t even use, I can’t get the right AG for the class I need, and then ones I have, I can’t get decent champs in that class.

Could just be RNG, but maybe not, none of us will never truly know, what we do know is we get Kabams “word” that it is genuine, and also what we know is documents and sites have been found stating Kabams algorithms which were facts too.

If they used algorithms at some point, I can’t see why they would have suddenly stopped.
  • Options
    No. There is no hidden algorithm. You think that conspiracy is new? Been around as long as RNG. The game generates an outcome based on the pool. In this case, it's a true random because all possibilities have the same, equal chance. The game is not rigged to give you what you don't need. People are just taking it way too personally.
  • Options

Maybe normally there is a chance of getting them equally, but then when it knows what you desperately need, it will lower the chances for that class.

I’m the same with AG, I’ve got ones I can’t even use, I can’t get the right AG for the class I need, and then ones I have, I can’t get decent champs in that class.

Is this to imply the algorithm is in some way psychic?? How does 'it know' anything about what you want or need? Seriously, ask yourself this simple question and you'll realize how ridiculous it sounds. The algorithm has no access to your thoughts and desires. It simply doesn't.

Saying it does is implying that Kabam is using beyond NSA level tracking, and data allocation combined with some form of psychic linking. If you do believe this to be the case, start talking about ranking someone you don't want in chats and verbally around your device. In turn, utilizing reverse psychology on it, lol. Maybe your luck will change.

If you're in some way implying that the algorithm is using trending rank up, or awakening information, and it's typically coinciding with what you want or need... well that's 2 things. 1, it would be basing what it delivers off what could be necessary to make X ideal champ that you possess more useful because the majority do this. In turn, not giving you the necessary items for such a rank up and/or awakening. 2, it's mere coincidence as it literally cannot know that's what you wanted to do.

The algorithm isn't self aware, it's not Skynet, it's not literal Ai. If Kabam had figured out the secrets to such technology, I SINCERELY DOUBT they'd be employing it on something so small, lol. Especially in cases of champ delivery as there's MANY champs people want. If this were true, no one would get a 'God Tier' champ because it knows that's what most want and will give you something else according to this mentality.

The much more logical, and sound reasoning for what happens is sheer luck due to pseudo RNG in play. There's a SLIGHT chance that maybe some trending data is utilized in the RNG algorithm. In which case it's STILL random chance that it's coinciding with your desires. If it is, that simply means you're following the herd and it's merely anticipating such an action based on allocated data. I'm not opposed to such being a maybe factor here. Just seems rather insane to believe it somehow 'knows' anything. It really doesn't.

Now, I have evidence to prove the contrary though. When I pulled my 5* Domino, I had JUST been talking about how I was after her on Line app with my Alliance mates. If the algorithm was using NSA style data allocation and tracking, it would've given me ANYONE BUT her by this mentality. It had to know what I wanted right? Yet... it gave her to me. Weird. I was shy 2× science t4cc to take my 5* R4 CAIW up to R5. I opened a 10 pack of t4ccs and landed 3× of them. However, shouldn't it have known that's who I wanted to R5 and not given them to me? Crazy right? Maybe the RNG is just doing what it does and some have horrible luck. I know that it's a scary thought, but life can be like that.
This discussion has been closed.