**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★

One Descritpion that was wrong, and that means none can be trusted?

One Descritpion that was wrong, and that means none can be trusted?

Do you really not remember any other instance where the description has been wrong? You are on the forums more than anyone, this should be easy.

Also, things confirmed by the game team to work as intended are also subject to being classified later as bugs, if you remember the archangel situation.

Please stop trying to divert conversation here, you have to see how this opens a whole bunch of threads they may not want to pull. There's literally video evidence from many content creators being shared on this which show a bunch of other champs being able to do this.

The problem is that we're entering territory where we can't trust the descriptions in game, what is told to us on the forums, or even characters who get buffs in a beta who have been in the game for years. That leaves a whole lot of ambiguity and opens kabam up to a lot of controversy and angry players. Why are you trying to argue in favor of that? What do you personally have to gain here?
    That were wrong? Not many at all. Some were misunderstood. We don't have many inaccurate Descriptions to count.
    Well you're wrong and there's a long history of them updating the descriptions or changing them after the fact, but let's move on here...

people have shared quite extensive lists here of champion abilities that are not listed in the official descriptions in game. Domino and Blade shutting down nodes is a big one and something I'm personally interested in getting clarification on, since I'm about to rank 4 my domino and have the resources to do it. But going off this situation here, if it's not in the official description, are you saying it's inaccurate and subject to changing? No matter how long it's been in the game or the character has had the ability? Is that what Kabam is saying? That's my point. Before we at least had something solid to base our decisions off of, and now I don't feel that is the case. Surely you can at least try to understand how frustrating this is.

Do you think they should go in and change all 7+ characters who could do the same thing she hulk does? Because it's not listed in their game descriptions and (according to you) inaccurate? Because that's a lot of rabbit holes they would need to go down and potentially a huge change in gameplay.
    The comment I responded to was that people couldn't trust the Description because of SS. Which had very little to do with the Description, that was just the resolution they came to because increasing him to 100% would be too much. Now we've branched into an exaggeration of the situation where people are making jokes and Posts about how they can't trust who to Rank. If you're going to go the Description route, there was NO indication that Shulk was intended to cheese with Heavies like that, just word-of-mouth on how to use it in 6.2. It's not about the Description. It's about the effect. Rest assured, if there's something that is potentially OP, or provides a shortcut they don't want, it will be resolved. One thing is pretty clear. The Fight isn't meant to be that easy.
    that goes the other way though. how are we supposed to know if a fight isn't meant to be easy? the fight still takes skill. i guarantee you nobody is waltzing in their first try with an r1 and sweeping the champion in a one shot. she happens to be a good counter for the fight. isn't that how the game works?
    If it wasn't a significant enough shortcut, people wouldn't have rushed to Rank her.
    that's just the way counters and the meta works in the game though. she was great in that matchup.
    that's just the way the game works. without us knowing it was a bug, why are people being punished for following the natural flow of the meta?
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Patchie93 said:

Daredevil not being affected by invisibility makes sense since he doesn't use sight.

Magneto and Juggs being immune to reverse controls is pulled straight from the comics and other forms of entertainment they've been in. Once again makes sense.

Symbiote Supreme they tested and decided he would be to strong if they kept his text the way it was and matched his abilities to that thus they compromised by improving his intended % to 50 percent from its current 30%. I have Sym Sup as a r5/65 and have sunk close to 100 sig stones into him and don't regret it.

Although I feel for those who r5/65 a she hulk for this one strategy they thought was intended it was stated that no champion besides Wasp should be able to do this. And yes it sucks but if no rdts were given for MD changes or AAs changes then I gotta disagree with this warranting a RDT. She can still stack her furies and apply taunt just not at a ridiculous level where she was essentially safe from damage from certain champions sp1s

you were actually given all your resources back for the MD changes. And operating on the mentality of "if it didn't happen in this case, then it shouldn't here" is a bad way to handle things, as every situation is different. They also told people well ahead of time about the MD changes instead of a blindside like this.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

AndiYTDE said:

Tell me, Kabam: How in the world am I supposed to know if a champion works as intended or not?

You can ask them, if you’re afraid to ask them that’s a good indicator it is unintended.

Nope. Asking them won't do it. People asked about AA and were told specifically that it wasn't a bug...until it was.
    Yup. Here’s the explanation for that one. I’ll add hap crappens, (this means noone’s perfect even if you believe they are.)

“Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.”

And its not like the bad information was a rogue moderator. The issue was reported in the bug thread, a moderator said it would be looked into, and the thread was labelled "under investigation." Then the moderator came back and announced that it was not a bug, and closed the thread labeling it "not a bug." Presumably the moderator was reporting the findings of the game team, so it was more than just "a moderator gave you incorrect information."
    I don’t think you remember the originating thread about AA’s stun. Let’s review it. BRB.

Ok back. Nope not what you remember. The moderator just responded without marking it under investigation nor coming back. It was an off the hip response.

Check for yourself.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/252890#Comment_252890

Check yourself.

*wrong link
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    edited August 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

AndiYTDE said:

Tell me, Kabam: How in the world am I supposed to know if a champion works as intended or not?

You can ask them, if you’re afraid to ask them that’s a good indicator it is unintended.

Oh, yeah. I´m definitely gonna do that whenever I rank my next champion.
    "Hey Kabam: Does Thing work as intended?"
    "Hey Kabam: Does Carnage work as intended?"
    "Hey Kabam: Does Punisher work as intended?"
    That´s your solution? Seriously?!
    Well if you ask them they may say it was working as intented like they did on archangel stun after neurotoxin having fixed time (1.5 sec i think) .And after some time guess what they said it was a bug and fixed it . Some people had ranked him up for that.I dont want to take it as attack i just state what happened back then .
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

Nope. Asking them won't do it. People asked about AA and were told specifically that it wasn't a bug...until it was.
    Yup. Here’s the explanation for that one. I’ll add hap crappens, (this means noone’s perfect even if you believe they are.)

“Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.”

And its not like the bad information was a rogue moderator. The issue was reported in the bug thread, a moderator said it would be looked into, and the thread was labelled "under investigation." Then the moderator came back and announced that it was not a bug, and closed the thread labeling it "not a bug." Presumably the moderator was reporting the findings of the game team, so it was more than just "a moderator gave you incorrect information."
    I don’t think you remember the originating thread about AA’s stun. Let’s review it. BRB.

Ok back. Nope not what you remember. The moderator just responded without marking it under investigation nor coming back. It was an off the hip response.

Check for yourself.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/252890#Comment_252890

Check yourself.

*wrong link
    Fair enough. Scratch that part of the narrative. Doesn't change the point though.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 said:

We all have different views on what we feel is right or wrong...

...this thread will be closed down and any users found to have violated the Forum rules will be punished accordingly.

See, here's where I think we've gotten off track. "Feeling" what's right and wrong? There IS a right way and a wrong way to do things. It's not a feeling, really.
    A lot of people would do well to read this... There is an idea going around these days that right and wrong are relative to individuals. That idea is wrong, and that's not a feeling, that's a fact.

It's not wrong to fix a bug. It is wrong to fix something that no one had any idea was a bug without warning and without a valid reason. "Fixing" the so called bug and not offering the ability for players to unrank that champ is just adding insult to injury
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

AndiYTDE said:

“Hey Everybody,

Check for yourself.

Check yourself.

*wrong link
    Fair enough. Scratch that part of the narrative. Doesn't change the point though.
    Was the point that asking offers no assurances? Yeah it doesn’t 100% however it’s the best you’re going to get.

Here’s the question now. And this isn’t a slight it’s being used for comparative purpose. You’ve admittedly been incorrect in your assertions, should people treat you as they do Kabam and trust anything you ever say?
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    that's a fairly blanket statement. not sure that applies to everyone though. i just want to focus on this exact situation. go ahead with the bug fix, thats fine. even if it was sudden, it was explained reasonable well. but don't ignore or deny the fact that it negatively an unfairly affected players.

its clear that the situation needs to be rectified. we can take back what was burned and move on. hopefully they'll be better about it next time.
This discussion has been closed.