**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Questions regarding Medusa armor break/armor shutter interaction

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Dailey said:

I was considering a rank 5 for Medusa...would this now not be advised ?

Nothing on her gameplay will change from what she always played until now (excluding the bugs in this last update).
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

Dailey said:

Nothing on her gameplay will change from what she always played until now (excluding the bugs in this last update).
    How do you know that? So many questions were raised, no answer from kabam
  • Options
    arni2 said:

Dailey said:

How do you know that? So many questions were raised, no answer from kabam
    It was answered in the thread itself. That's what I've been saying all this time.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158163/armor-shattered-medusa-and-future-champions#latest

"What does this mean? Simply put, it means that nothing is changing for Medusa’s abilities"
  • Options
    But it does changing. Once you separate the debuffs, new interaction creates. I had 2 specific questions with no answers. Also there is no explanation about her interaction with some AW nodes.
    Anyway, I’ll wait for the release and will go back to thread again
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    arni2 said:

But it does changing. Once you separate the debuffs, new interaction creates. I had 2 specific questions with no answers. Also there is no explanation about her interaction with some AW nodes.

It is stated in the thread that medusa's armor shatter will have both the properties of armor break AND armor shatter. So while opponents that are immune to armor break are not necessarily immune to armor shatter. Medusa's armor shatter specifically, will also have the properties of armor break. Thus the armor break immune champ will get neither armor break nor medusa's armor shatter. Is that so hard to picture? haha
  • Options

arni2 said:

It is stated in the thread that medusa's armor shatter will have both the properties of armor break AND armor shatter. So while opponents that are immune to armor break are not necessarily immune to armor shatter. Medusa's armor shatter specifically, will also have the properties of armor break. Thus the armor break immune champ will get neither armor break nor medusa's armor shatter. Is that so hard to picture? haha
    Answer my 2 questions. I will repeat them:
    1. After 6 armor break will be armor shutter, will she will be able also armor break when armor shutter is active. It’s 2 different debuffs, she will or not?
    2. How aw armor break immune node will work? Will armor shutter still apply?

• Options
    From Medusa spotlight: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-medusa/

"Armor Shattered

While Armor Shattered is active, opponents cannot suffer from further Armor Breaks nor activate their Armor Buffs."

Nothing on that will change. No, she won't be able to apply any armor break against an armor shattered opponent. Armor breaks and Armor shattered's were always two different debuffs, they just didn't acted like it. And that is part of the fix, to make her an exception in order to not change her.

And since it will act as an armor break, it will not be applied on armor break immunity scenarios. But that's how it always worked up until now, if it changes in the future, I don't know that.

Anyway, nothing here will "nerf" Medusa compared to what she always perfomed until now.
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    arni2 said:

arni2 said:

Answer my 2 questions. I will repeat them:
    1. After 6 armor break will be armor shutter, will she will be able also armor break when armor shutter is active. It’s 2 different debuffs, she will or not?
    2. How aw armor break immune node will work? Will armor shutter still apply?

1. no, she won't, her ability prevent her to apply armor break debuffs when there's already an armor shattered debuff placed on the opponent, regardless of the fact that are the same or different debuffs;
    2. no, it won't work because the armor shattered debuff will be considered also as an armor break for medusa, mods said this in another thread, i'll try to find it for you ^_^

EDIT: here the link with the reply to your second question ^_^