Act 6 Chapter 2 The Champion Boss battle - The most Unfair and Disgusting battle of the game

12346

Comments

  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 5,666 ★★★★★
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely understand why a lot of people would get frustrated with 6.2 and 6.2.6 in particular. It would be especially frustrating for someone with a limited roster. I do feel that the difficulty of a lot of it has been exaggerated though.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

    Lormif said:

    I'm torn on this fight.

    On one hand, it's total **** that you need one of thee champs at high rank, along with some good luck to even have a chance. That's just terrible game design. All of Act 6.2 is terrible game design, which is why I was able to get a Legends run for it in 9 days and 23 hours.

    On the other hand, if you do have those champs the fight can be a pretty fun challenge. I happen to have a r5 SS and Beardo as well as a 6* Beardo so i was able to actually do the fight. Ended up with one solo with SS out of my 5 paths, which felt pretty great.

    you should watch the video above your post, you dont actually need any of the champs to have a chance, the total number of champs perceived to be able to do it is above 10, because they require low skill, but the champs that can with good skill is much higher.
    You're not taking into account the number of players who can do that are more limited than the number of champs who are top options for this fight. Only the most hardcore of players will explore this because it's not fun, in fact it's the opposite of fun. Let's ignore the fact that this is a video game, 6.2 is trash because it doesnt provide any amount of enjoyment to the player outside of being done with it. Great design on a video game when the only thing your players want from the content is to put it behind them 😂
    That is not the argument being made. In your argument you stated "need", the problem is not one of need, it is a matter of want due to lack of skill. Arguing you need someone is saying they are required, then you see videos like this that show they are not required our skill is just not good enough. No one wants to see that their skill is not good enough through

    I was expecting to see cosmic healing, or something but he didnt need it., He did have some longer stuns that helped push champion to sps but that was not required. There was nothing in that fight that couldnt have been done with hulkbuster for example, and that pretty much negates the premise of this thread.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 5,666 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

    zeezee57 said:

    Lormif said:

    I'm torn on this fight.

    On one hand, it's total **** that you need one of thee champs at high rank, along with some good luck to even have a chance. That's just terrible game design. All of Act 6.2 is terrible game design, which is why I was able to get a Legends run for it in 9 days and 23 hours.

    On the other hand, if you do have those champs the fight can be a pretty fun challenge. I happen to have a r5 SS and Beardo as well as a 6* Beardo so i was able to actually do the fight. Ended up with one solo with SS out of my 5 paths, which felt pretty great.

    you should watch the video above your post, you dont actually need any of the champs to have a chance, the total number of champs perceived to be able to do it is above 10, because they require low skill, but the champs that can with good skill is much higher.
    You're not taking into account the number of players who can do that are more limited than the number of champs who are top options for this fight. Only the most hardcore of players will explore this because it's not fun, in fact it's the opposite of fun. Let's ignore the fact that this is a video game, 6.2 is trash because it doesnt provide any amount of enjoyment to the player outside of being done with it. Great design on a video game when the only thing your players want from the content is to put it behind them 😂
    That is not the argument being made. In your argument you stated "need", the problem is not one of need, it is a matter of want due to lack of skill. Arguing you need someone is saying they are required, then you see videos like this that show they are not required our skill is just not good enough. No one wants to see that their skill is not good enough through

    I was expecting to see cosmic healing, or something but he didnt need it., He did have some longer stuns that helped push champion to sps but that was not required. There was nothing in that fight that couldnt have been done with hulkbuster for example, and that pretty much negates the premise of this thread.
    Yeah he definitely had some good luck on the sp2 stuns. But I was flat out impressed when I saw it the first time. I got decent at that fight through my runs but that guy's spacing and timing was just spot on
  • BooperXLBooperXL Posts: 38
    I’ll have to say, the Champion is a total cash grab **** fight. I just had my 2nd attempt with him and got stuck on the last 10%. I showed a couple of alliance members my fight via screen recording and they told me that what I was doing, indestructible charges should’ve been coming off when they weren’t. I went through countless revives I have been saving plus units and I was using IW Cap. I consider myself an above average player but this is a total **** show of a fight. Kabam yall need to nerf the Champion some. His fight makes the unenjoyable and very aggravating. There is no sense to turn the fight into a cash grab!!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Lol
  • Well ... Went to rank 5 my she-hulk just before using the tickets. Then tried my luck and was able to one-shot him shomehow.

    Did all my 3 paths left. No retreat was really a pain, since the AI wouldn't play the way it should.
    Now there is one less issue for me to worry, finally. Still, I wonder for how much time She-hulk will stay like the way it currently is before getting changed again...
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    Was just wondering could a unduped r4 CapIw solo him? Or would i need his dupe?
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    H3t3r said:

    Was just wondering could a unduped r4 CapIw solo him? Or would i need his dupe?

    No need for his dupe, just dont take too much block dmg and try to only take one per dex
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,023 ★★★★
    What I hate is that only certain Champs can consistently evade his sp1 due to the fact that some medium attacks pushes you back like Quake's so you can't properly dash with her medium to evade sp1
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

    What I hate is that only certain Champs can consistently evade his sp1 due to the fact that some medium attacks pushes you back like Quake's so you can't properly dash with her medium to evade sp1

    It’s a matter of starting distance.
  • RapRap Posts: 2,933 ★★★★
    That is just crazy! Unstoppable, unblockable, indistuctable, and heals and gains attack??? Glad i am not near that point! Maybe they will come to their senses before i am! That is utterly rediculous and sounds like it is intended and meant to force you to wait on awakened and ranked six stars in your roster to face him.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

    That is just crazy! Unstoppable, unblockable, indistuctable, and heals and gains attack??? Glad i am not near that point! Maybe they will come to their senses before i am! That is utterly rediculous and sounds like it is intended and meant to force you to wait on awakened and ranked six stars in your roster to face him.

    I cleared him with r4 5*s and a rank 1 6*.. You in no means need ranked up 6*s.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,665 ★★★★★
    Kabam should take the destructive charges to 1 or or 2 or let the charges you remove carry over. I think that's fair.

    Or just get rid of the no retreat node. All of those things would be a much better reasonable matchup in my opinion.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    He's actually really easy if you practice on him. At first I thought theres no way. But it's a pretty simple pattern. Just do a few runs and practice and hes surprisingly simple.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,023 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

    He's actually really easy if you practice on him. At first I thought theres no way. But it's a pretty simple pattern. Just do a few runs and practice and hes surprisingly simple.

    Could've said that 3 months earlier
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 1,665 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Yeah I still haven't fully explored act 6.2.6 but I'm 1.5 chapters away from being done with act 6.3. Says it all lol.
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 57
    I am doing exploration now and it feel even more frustrating with the extra buffs.

    I would just advise for the indestructible charges to not be reset . It is very frustrating when you manage to get him down to 1, die and then having to start again
  • xNigxNig Posts: 5,546 ★★★★★
    Lol. Just means you’re not doing it “everything just like the videos” if it works everytime for them and sometimes for you.

    In fact, just by having it work “sometimes” for you, means the problem lies mainly with your timings.

    The last 10% IS difficult. Your last sentence doesn’t make sense. 🤣
  • Ricardo60289Ricardo60289 Posts: 353
    If anybody needs help with the final Act 6.2.6 Champion boss let me know.

    Line ID: RicardoBBC
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,023 ★★★★

    If anybody needs help with the final Act 6.2.6 Champion boss let me know.

    Line ID: RicardoBBC

    😐
  • FelganosFelganos Posts: 259 ★★
    Tbh, having completed 6.4 a week or 2 ago I can more than confidently say that grandmaster was far easier than the champion. The champ fight was a bit of a cash grab because of the nodes (namely shorter unstoppable timer), and due to the lack of slow champions in the game at that time, forced about only about 5 or 6 solutions. The last 10 percent, however, was somewhat skill-based. I believe the last 10 percent would have been awesome if not for his unstoppable, allowing any champion to do that phase, only accounting for the skill of the summoner.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited March 2020
    Hokage said:

    I’ve wasted SO much money on The Champion fight! He’s at 10% and all the videos on YouTube don’t help. I’m doing everything just like the videos and it only works sometimes.

    What a major rip off!!!!!

    How about you guys just make the game difficult instead of setting it up to where the strategy doesn’t even make sense!

    Watch lagacy’s 6.2.6 legends run method. That one method where u dash in after karate chop and dex head butt off sp1 is way harder imo. I dumped 1000 units trying this method and was only able to dex and proc 4 prowess at most before i died. I was using symbiote supreme too, the best known counter for this guy and was still wasting units. I wanted to throw my device and was pissed since i dumped all the units I saved up for double edge and thought to myself “why am i so bad?” I took a break, ate some food, went on yt looking up to see what I was doing wrong but then came across Lagacy’s 6.2.6 legends run w/ his ss. He had a different tactic where instead u bait sp1, stay in place and dex the oncoming hits. This was able to proc 2 prowess/dex charges off the sp1. I studied that method, took a power nap, grinded some arenas enough for 1 revive. I thought about saving more units for more revives but then i thought screw it, I’m gonna give it a go w/ 1 revive. I went in, used Lagacy’s method and the blue-faced red-haired piece of garbage went down. It felt unreal, and was pissed I didn’t look up this method earlier which would’ve saved me those 1000 units (I’m f2p so this hurts). The craziest comeback I’ve ever made, although not very proud of the units I spent. The rewards were 10k 5* shards and I got... a groot 😭😭😭😭😭😭

    But really check out that method and give it another go. Best of luck
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 42
    i saw the Video of Thing fighting that Champion. it was easy! why noone talk about him as a counter option?
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★

    i saw the Video of Thing fighting that Champion. it was easy! why noone talk about him as a counter option?

    Oh yea for sure. If awakened at high sig he cheeses that fight lol
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 159
    I used Spider man Stealth Suit to solo. It was pretty easy with him
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★
    I did a lot of duels to make sure I had the dex for sp1 and sp2 down enough. I found dexing sp2 to be easier and was able to get him to throw a few. I wasted units than I ever dreamed of using, but got him down on my second run of that path, with too many revives and pots for that last 10% using r5 unduped capiw, with suicides on. I would suggest anyone with suicides to remove them before going into this section.
  • SupertwoSupertwo Posts: 15
    Cool bro
Sign In or Register to comment.