Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

2456789

Comments

  • DrikinhooDrikinhoo Posts: 16

    Stark Spidey, Void, and Doc Ock are the three champs that come to mind who can beat the Sym Supreme. Personally I used Sparky, stun locked with the sp1

    There's actually more options than that
  • MilesHolmwoodMilesHolmwood Posts: 109
    Way too easy. Would be nice if next Boss Rush had an added difficulty.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 502 ★★★
    I got Hawkeye dupped x60 for my troubles. My only gripe is that they should've made the rewards a featured crystal. I would've taken harder content for that lol.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 241 ★★
    Next time maybe some units, sigstones and a legendary bossrush choice crystal thank you
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 831 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    Such a let down. Rewards are weak (need sig stones or rank up materials)and the fights were even weaker

    Then the rewards were actually better than expected? I don't see what you're complaining about.
  • This is one of the easiest boss rush ever !! U guys were so hyped abt it!! The rewards were so disappointing!! Opened a featured crystal to get an doc oc!! Worthless
  • Soulman300Soulman300 Posts: 4
    I do enjoy the thought that you developers over at kabam have come up with for a new challenge for summoners who can put their rosters to the test but the rewards need to make summoners salivate and make their heart race when they see what they will receive upon completion. That will ultimately push summoners to spend the units to buy revives or potions in order to push to finish. Thus granting y’all a nice pretty penny from profit while making your summoners happy and excited. But when it’s just basic 5 star shards which is something we receive as rewards from so much other EASIER content in the game, why put our units and resources into a challenge that has a high chance of ultimately rewarding us with a low tier 5 star that we will never use out of the crystal. That feeling would be devastating and very discouraging. Last thing about my thoughts on this. Why would we want to redo the challenege 5 more times for titles???? A title gives us no benefit, no extra perk. So you’re able to flex that you did it multiple times....whoopty doo lol. It’s like what Deadpool said in his event quest a long time ago “I beat the....and all I got was this lousy title”. Lol. I’m surprised that if this content is this much of a challenege that you didnt give some extra rewards for completing it more than once. That’s a shame honestly. I will be going after this challenge, but I can assure you I will not use my units on potions or revives if it comes to it. Why? Cause there’s not enough motivation there to do so.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 763 ★★★
    Very enjoyable event, shoutout to the content creators and kabam for making such an enjoyable experience. You can either go in with your strongest champs or get rank 4 4 stars that are good for specific challenges. Got a magik from the rewards so no complaining here.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,079 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

    How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

    I didn't use a power control champ. Took off a lot of health with a 4/55 AA (brought him for Domino) and finished him off with CAIW. If you are aggressive he doesn't throw the SP3 immediately.
  • @Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

    Can you guys not even release 6 fights without any bugs?

    Not trying to offend, just would like to know your capabilities for future expectations.

    I just tested the fight a couple times and there does seem to be an odd interaction between cornered and power struggle that sometimes causes the player to not gain power. I'm not sure what's causing it as I didn't see this happen when I first tested the fight. Unfortunately I could only test the fight a few times, as I had to plow past Domino and Quake to get to it in the first place. Those two fights were "somewhat harder" during the test. It isn't that the player is stuck at one bar: sometimes they get no power and sometimes they jump to two bars when cornered shoots past two bars of power (on the target side) quickly. At least that's what I saw when I tried the fight a few times. Perhaps this isn't happening to all players when they do the fight.

    @Kabam Miike was Cornered 300% in the test? I thought it was the 200% version, but I forgot to snap a picture of the buff. It might need to be dialed back if it isn't working properly. *Some* power gain has a similar effect as Quake's spite. 300% and bugged player power would make the fight much harder than intended.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,033 ★★★★★
    edited September 18
    Wow they really toned this down. Took only 5 min to beat this time.

    Sym was the only hard fight cause he wouldn't throw his specials in the first fight.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 1,734 ★★★
    DRTO said:

    How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

    I oneshot him with ghulk

  • Treinin said:

    Unfortunately this was way too easy and only took all of 5 minutes to complete. For 10k shards it was certainly worth doing, but for all the hype it received I was hoping for something more challenging and with a higher reward payout. Good event for people with less developed accounts though. Perhaps we could see 2 tiers of difficulty next time.

    If the devs grant this request, I already have the boss fight for tier 2. I'll try to write up my Boss Rush thoughts later today, but here's a preview: the devs said I was being too mean.

    The intent of this Boss Rush, if I'm paraphrasing correctly, is that it was intended for moderately skilled players with moderately advanced rosters to find it very, but not overwhelmingly challenging. It was not intended to test the strongest players with the strongest rosters, and in fact some of the fights were reduced somewhat from their original design.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,315 ★★★★★
    edited September 18

    ,

    DalBot said:

    DalBot said:

    Such a let down. Rewards are weak (need sig stones or rank up materials)and the fights were even weaker

    What a surprise opinion from you.
    Always shocked to see you toe the company line 😉

    This is a big let down. If you're an end-game player it's too easy and the rewards are outdated (20 sig levels on my Spidergwen, yippee). There is no challenge for us so it's literally just another pointless thing to do for a few minutes and that's it. Zero challenge at all.

    If you're a mid-tier player maybe it's great. But I was hoping for at least a challenge, not... this.
    How is 5 mins for a 5* outdated? Where else can you get that?

    Have you considered that maybe the boss rush isn’t aimed at absolute end game players?
    Of course he hasn't. It's all about him as always. One of the easiest 5*'s you can get. You were requesting more ways to get 5 and 6* shards and there ya go. Now you're saying it isn't enough because you didn't get sig stones or rank materials. Can we make up our mind on this or what would it take for you to ever be happy with any of it?
  • TheSpicyKnightTheSpicyKnight Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    @Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

    Can you guys not even release 6 fights without any bugs?

    Not trying to offend, just would like to know your capabilities for future expectations.

    I just tested the fight a couple times and there does seem to be an odd interaction between cornered and power struggle that sometimes causes the player to not gain power. I'm not sure what's causing it as I didn't see this happen when I first tested the fight. Unfortunately I could only test the fight a few times, as I had to plow past Domino and Quake to get to it in the first place. Those two fights were "somewhat harder" during the test. It isn't that the player is stuck at one bar: sometimes they get no power and sometimes they jump to two bars when cornered shoots past two bars of power (on the target side) quickly. At least that's what I saw when I tried the fight a few times. Perhaps this isn't happening to all players when they do the fight.

    @Kabam Miike was Cornered 300% in the test? I thought it was the 200% version, but I forgot to snap a picture of the buff. It might need to be dialed back if it isn't working properly. *Some* power gain has a similar effect as Quake's spite. 300% and bugged player power would make the fight much harder than intended.
    Could it be the Exhaustions that IW places on you since they reduce Power Gain (over time) by 25% each?
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 446 ★★★
    they did say they wanted to make 5 star shards more available, and this is pretty easy compared to last time, so I'm happy. I know end game people might not be, but let's not act like they haven't done the variants this year or act 6 to satisfy them. can't make everyone happy.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 831 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Treinin said:

    Unfortunately this was way too easy and only took all of 5 minutes to complete. For 10k shards it was certainly worth doing, but for all the hype it received I was hoping for something more challenging and with a higher reward payout. Good event for people with less developed accounts though. Perhaps we could see 2 tiers of difficulty next time.

    If the devs grant this request, I already have the boss fight for tier 2. I'll try to write up my Boss Rush thoughts later today, but here's a preview: the devs said I was being too mean.

    The intent of this Boss Rush, if I'm paraphrasing correctly, is that it was intended for moderately skilled players with moderately advanced rosters to find it very, but not overwhelmingly challenging. It was not intended to test the strongest players with the strongest rosters, and in fact some of the fights were reduced somewhat from their original design.
    Good to know that was the intended target. I think the mark was hit.

    ,

    DalBot said:

    DalBot said:

    Such a let down. Rewards are weak (need sig stones or rank up materials)and the fights were even weaker

    What a surprise opinion from you.
    Always shocked to see you toe the company line 😉

    This is a big let down. If you're an end-game player it's too easy and the rewards are outdated (20 sig levels on my Spidergwen, yippee). There is no challenge for us so it's literally just another pointless thing to do for a few minutes and that's it. Zero challenge at all.

    If you're a mid-tier player maybe it's great. But I was hoping for at least a challenge, not... this.
    How is 5 mins for a 5* outdated? Where else can you get that?

    Have you considered that maybe the boss rush isn’t aimed at absolute end game players?
    Of course he hasn't. It's all about him as always.
    Why don't the peak end game experts that come on complaining (not so humble bragging) 13 seconds after new content drops ever use 3 or 4 stars if they are looking for a real challenge?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 1,734 ★★★
    This boss rush was very easy
  • Great content, I think my favorite fight was Invisible Woman. Not a huge fan of the SymS fight mainly because of the interaction between the "Improved Powergain" node and the "Power Start 1" node. In my opinion those nodes shouldn't interact with each other the way they do. Other than that I enjoyed it a lot.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 350 ★★
    edited September 18
    Disregard
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,024 ★★★
    WiMak said:

    Are boosts not suppose to work in boss rush? 150% tech boost is rewarding 0 power against king groot. I’m just playing around around At this point, not giving it real effort but am I missing something?

    I don't think it works when you have class disadvantage
  • DNA3000 said:

    @Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

    Can you guys not even release 6 fights without any bugs?

    Not trying to offend, just would like to know your capabilities for future expectations.

    I just tested the fight a couple times and there does seem to be an odd interaction between cornered and power struggle that sometimes causes the player to not gain power. I'm not sure what's causing it as I didn't see this happen when I first tested the fight. Unfortunately I could only test the fight a few times, as I had to plow past Domino and Quake to get to it in the first place. Those two fights were "somewhat harder" during the test. It isn't that the player is stuck at one bar: sometimes they get no power and sometimes they jump to two bars when cornered shoots past two bars of power (on the target side) quickly. At least that's what I saw when I tried the fight a few times. Perhaps this isn't happening to all players when they do the fight.

    @Kabam Miike was Cornered 300% in the test? I thought it was the 200% version, but I forgot to snap a picture of the buff. It might need to be dialed back if it isn't working properly. *Some* power gain has a similar effect as Quake's spite. 300% and bugged player power would make the fight much harder than intended.
    Could it be the Exhaustions that IW places on you since they reduce Power Gain (over time) by 25% each?
    Could be. I will need to check that carefully. I didn't think about that originally, because I assumed exhaustion wouldn't keep "rounding off" at exactly whole bars of power, but maybe there's an additional funky thing going on there.
Sign In or Register to comment.