**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Take on the Trials of the Elementals!

Comments

• Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    but who are the NEW CHAMPS!
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    If today’s quest is any indication of the rest of it then it’s going to be another maze to me. I’ve always done all the difficult content but some of this is just getting ridiculous & just plain lazy on their part. Thanks but no thanks.

Just do Expert instead of Epic. Difficulty vs Rewards at Expert are scaled well in my opinion. Better than nothing, for sure!
  • Options
    Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Any one know how many 6* shards you get from the crystal for 75 elements ?
  • Options
    DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Scarlett_ wrote: »
    Any one know how many 6* shards you get from the crystal for 75 elements ?

Still no idea; I’m hoping the mods will respond to my above request and let us know the amounts of each reward from each crystal. My spreadsheet is hungry....
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    First fight of Epic was Cable w/ Masochism, 2x Regen and unblockable specials. A whole lot of nope right there.

Like said above, Kabam will Kabam
    Stupid RNG. Friends getting OML and his worthless regen after a turkey dinner, nodding out to get punched. I get stuck with Sabretooth channeling Aggro Venom on all the speed.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    First fight of Epic was Cable w/ Masochism, 2x Regen and unblockable specials. A whole lot of nope right there.

Stupid RNG. Friends getting OML and his worthless regen after a turkey dinner, nodding out to get punched. I get stuck with Sabretooth channeling Aggro Venom on all the speed.

Today’s Epic wasn’t much fun for me. 9K base attack plus a 300% oscillate fury bonus and unstoppable brawl brawl buffs required a level of precision I wasn’t able to muster without using a few pots.

Clearly, I’m doing something wrong.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Today’s Epic wasn’t much fun for me. 9K base attack plus a 300% oscillate fury bonus and unstoppable brawl brawl buffs required a level of precision I wasn’t able to muster without using a few pots.

Dr. Zola

Yeah. You decided not to be lucky with RNG for some reason.
  • Options
    ATAudiATAudi Posts: 18
    What the double or nothing buff for today trial. Thanks
  • Options
    VorddVordd Posts: 1
    Trials are broke, friend in ally got nothing but iso from epic, and I jus got 800 phc shards from Expert....
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    What the hell? Agent Venom with Oscillate and 9k attack power plus power flood every single fight? I must be a noob because this one champ stomped my whole team including 5/65 CAIW, 3/45 IMIW, and 4/55 Sparky.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    What the hell? Agent Venom with Oscillate and 9k attack power plus power flood every single fight? I must be a noob because this one champ stomped my whole team including 5/65 CAIW, 3/45 IMIW, and 4/55 Sparky.

Also I always get DoTTed. Bleed or poison every match. Thought I’d be smart with Ultron, but degen. Lame.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Dr. Zola

I pulled Agent Venom, Phoenix, and MODOK. Phoenix was a slow slog but I got used to that fight. MODOK killed me a couple times until I realized I could manipulate him into staying in his block during his unstoppable.

Agent Venom was the stuff of nightmares. It was almost impossible to get an opening with him shaking off everything in between going unstoppable. There was just too many things to keep track off in that fight: I ended up reviving the entire team. Twice. I might bring Captain Beard next week just in case he shows up again.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    AA was the trick to this challenge. Get a couple neuros on the enemy and no more unstoppable.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Dr. Zola

I pulled Agent Venom, Phoenix, and MODOK. Phoenix was a slow slog but I got used to that fight. MODOK killed me a couple times until I realized I could manipulate him into staying in his block during his unstoppable.

Agent Venom was the stuff of nightmares. It was almost impossible to get an opening with him shaking off everything in between going unstoppable. There was just too many things to keep track off in that fight: I ended up reviving the entire team. Twice. I might bring Captain Beard next week just in case he shows up again.
    Cap Not gone nulfiry the uns if that u Think
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

Dr. Zola

Just bear in mind, that Cap won't counter the opponent's Unstoppable, since it's a passive not a buff.

Having said that, Cap was my main man for MODOK; thanks to his raw damage output.

Mine was similar to yours: AV, Hyperion, MODOK. I think I would have preferred Phoenix - Hype hits pretty darned hard on an Oscillate node! Twice, he wouldn't bait; then held his SP3 till he ticked back over to the Fury bonus. Pow! One hit, one kill...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Dr. Zola

Just bear in mind, that Cap won't counter the opponent's Unstoppable, since it's a passive not a buff.

Hmm, didn't realize that. Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019

Dr. Zola

Mine didn’t feel like it should be that hard, with Blade, Hypo and Punisher. Blade wrecked me when his unstoppable + fury kicked in and he went into aggressive mode. There’s not a lot on my roster that can handle a jacked attack like that, and eventually you run out of space to evade and have to parry or block something. His Sp2 hurts with oscillate fury buffs even if blocking.

Oh, and I got degen and poison to his power flood. Good times.

Hypo was similarly painful: I ran Magik for around a minute and a half dodging everything before I realized I had barely dented his health. Punisher was almost a relief after that, except for the fact that I got poisoned a lot versus power flood. Gambler’s fate indeed.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Summoners!

The powers of the elements pulse throughout The Battlerealm, each reflecting a Skill or aspect of the Champions who dwell here. You shall be given the rare honor to gather aspects of these Elements and forge them into something new as you face The Trials of the Elementals!

If you remember Trials of the King and Trials of the Mad Titan, you’re already familiar with the format of these Quests. If you aren’t, then read on!

Trials of the Elementals are Daily Quests that occur on a 7 day schedule, where you will collect Elemental Essences on the first 6 days that you can use to empower your team on the 7th Day! These special event quests will only be available from January 2nd until February 6th!

Like Chilled Challenges and the Occult Labs, these Trials have entry limits, however only one difficulty of the Trials of the Elementals can be played on Days 1-6. If you enter Easy difficulty, and either complete or quit that quest, you will have used your entries for all difficulties for that day. In the event that you QUIT the quest, you will also be forfeiting all rewards for that day as well.

For the first 6 days, you’ll be playing through 3 fights in every difficulty, with all those fights having a set of Buffs applied to them that fit the theme of that day.

Day 1: Trial of Wind - Fights that focus on Regeneration and Specials.
    Day 2: Trial of Fire - Fights that focus on unpredictable outcomes.
    Day 3: Trial of Earth - Fights that focus on high Damage and increased Attacks.
    Day 4: Trial of Darkness - Fights that focus on lingering Debuffs and Power Drain.
    Day 5: Trial of Water - Fights that focus on Resistance and Adaptation.
    Day 6: Trial of Light - Fights that focus on defensive transformation and evasion.

Complete any difficulty of these Trials to earn their respective Essence. Essences are mode specific boosts that can only be used on Day 7, Trial of the Alchemist, and must be activated from the map screen. This 7th day features buffs and fights from all 6 elements, plus the Alchemist!

You’ll want to make sure that you complete each day’s Trial, as it will greatly power up your team for the Trial of the Alchemist!

The Encounters

Here is a list of enemies that could appear on each day, and a list of Buffs that they’ll have, separated by difficulty

di5jvxp12dad.png
    wppdiesy4yqd.png

Trial of the Alchemist has Champions and Buffs from each of these days, with increased rank and levels.

The Essences:
    Each of these Essences harbour a powerful buff for your Champions!

Essence of Wind: This Essence periodically triggers an Arc Overload, regenerating the Health of your Champions in a fight.
    Essence of Fire: This Essence increases Champion's Attack, Critical Resistance, Critical Rating, Block Penetration, Power Rate, and Ability Accuracy by 10%, up to a maximum of 60% whenever they fill a bar of Power.
    Essence of Earth: This Essence makes Champions become Unstoppable for 5 seconds after activating a Special Attack if they aren’t already Unstoppable. Enemies lose 25% Block Proficiency.
    Essence of Darkness: This Essence will reverse your opponents healing effects.
    Essence of Water: This Essence periodically cycles between building up Physical Resistance and Energy Resistance for your Champions.
    Essence of Light: This Essence gives your Champions a Chance to Evade all incoming attacks and leave your Opponent Stunned.

Rewards:

Below is a list of the rewards for each difficulty.
    Note that there is a 50% chance to get a signature stone/signature stone crystal on each day, and a 50% chance to acquire varying Tiers of ISO

jctycfx3qs1i.png

Additionally, each Boss fight also includes a rare chance to award either Premium Hero Crystal shards, or an Ultimate Elemental Crystal. These are quite rare, and it’s likely that some Summoners will go this entire event without finding one!

What are Raw Elements?

Completing these Trials will award you with Raw Elements which you can trade for a unique, limited-time item in the Store, and Elemental Crystals in the Vault. These Crystals contain items to assist you throughout the Battlerealm. They’ll be available in limited quantities in the Crystal Vault under the Special Tab until February 11, 2019. Be sure to check each Crystal’s description and Drop Rates for their contents!

Activate the Beacon!

A strange Beacon is being added to the Store, and it can only be purchased with Raw Elements. No one really knows what it does, or who it sends a signal to, but missing out on it would mean missing out on one piece of a year long event…

Item Transmutation

It’s not quite turning lead into gold, but during the Trials you’ll be able to harness your inner alchemist by going to the Featured Tab in the Store and combine certain low value items to create a new higher value one! You’ll be able to combine:

Level 1 Health Potions into a Level 2 Health Potion
    Level 2 Health Potions into a Level 3 Health Potion
    Level 2 Team Health Potions into a Level 3 Team Health Potion
    Level 1 Revives into a Level 2 Revive
    Level 1 Alliance Health Potions into a Level 2 Alliance Health Potion
    Level 2 Alliance Health Potions into a Level 3 Alliance Health Potion
    Level 1 Alliance Revives into a Level 2 Alliance Revive

All Transmutations will require 2 of the lower level potion/revive to create the higher level one. For example, you’ll need to combine 2 Level 2 Health Potions to create a Level 3 Health Potion.

Your powers of Alchemy will only allow you to create each of these items 3 times, but that limit refreshes every week between January 2nd and February 6th!

Prepare to face off against the Power of the Elements, Summoner!

So on Day 7 can we do all difficulties?
    @Kabam Zibiit please confirm
  • Options
    SuryaPrakasSuryaPrakas Posts: 6
    whats the use of that beacon?????
  • Options
    RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    So on day 7 can we enter all the difficulties, in the announcement/description it says basically u get 1 entry in 1 difficulty on days 1-6, but it doesn't clarify by saying on day 7 u can do all difficulties and with kabam I never assume a thing. I think on other trials events it's been that way on day 7 but I can't be positive. Thanks for any info ahead of time.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Still waiting for a list of what all those nodes do ? hard to plan when we have no idea what they do .. and we can't see them until we're in the match .. O.o
  • Options
    DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    New week so new (old) request: mods, any update on being provided a list of the quantities of the rewards for those elemental crystals? 🤞
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Summoners!

The powers of the elements pulse throughout The Battlerealm, each reflecting a Skill or aspect of the Champions who dwell here. You shall be given the rare honor to gather aspects of these Elements and forge them into something new as you face The Trials of the Elementals!

If you remember Trials of the King and Trials of the Mad Titan, you’re already familiar with the format of these Quests. If you aren’t, then read on!

Trials of the Elementals are Daily Quests that occur on a 7 day schedule, where you will collect Elemental Essences on the first 6 days that you can use to empower your team on the 7th Day! These special event quests will only be available from January 2nd until February 6th!

Like Chilled Challenges and the Occult Labs, these Trials have entry limits, however only one difficulty of the Trials of the Elementals can be played on Days 1-6. If you enter Easy difficulty, and either complete or quit that quest, you will have used your entries for all difficulties for that day. In the event that you QUIT the quest, you will also be forfeiting all rewards for that day as well.

For the first 6 days, you’ll be playing through 3 fights in every difficulty, with all those fights having a set of Buffs applied to them that fit the theme of that day.

Day 1: Trial of Wind - Fights that focus on Regeneration and Specials.
    Day 2: Trial of Fire - Fights that focus on unpredictable outcomes.
    Day 3: Trial of Earth - Fights that focus on high Damage and increased Attacks.
    Day 4: Trial of Darkness - Fights that focus on lingering Debuffs and Power Drain.
    Day 5: Trial of Water - Fights that focus on Resistance and Adaptation.
    Day 6: Trial of Light - Fights that focus on defensive transformation and evasion.

Complete any difficulty of these Trials to earn their respective Essence. Essences are mode specific boosts that can only be used on Day 7, Trial of the Alchemist, and must be activated from the map screen. This 7th day features buffs and fights from all 6 elements, plus the Alchemist!

You’ll want to make sure that you complete each day’s Trial, as it will greatly power up your team for the Trial of the Alchemist!

The Encounters

Here is a list of enemies that could appear on each day, and a list of Buffs that they’ll have, separated by difficulty

di5jvxp12dad.png
    wppdiesy4yqd.png

Trial of the Alchemist has Champions and Buffs from each of these days, with increased rank and levels.

The Essences:
    Each of these Essences harbour a powerful buff for your Champions!

Essence of Wind: This Essence periodically triggers an Arc Overload, regenerating the Health of your Champions in a fight.
    Essence of Fire: This Essence increases Champion's Attack, Critical Resistance, Critical Rating, Block Penetration, Power Rate, and Ability Accuracy by 10%, up to a maximum of 60% whenever they fill a bar of Power.
    Essence of Earth: This Essence makes Champions become Unstoppable for 5 seconds after activating a Special Attack if they aren’t already Unstoppable. Enemies lose 25% Block Proficiency.
    Essence of Darkness: This Essence will reverse your opponents healing effects.
    Essence of Water: This Essence periodically cycles between building up Physical Resistance and Energy Resistance for your Champions.
    Essence of Light: This Essence gives your Champions a Chance to Evade all incoming attacks and leave your Opponent Stunned.

Rewards:

Below is a list of the rewards for each difficulty.
    Note that there is a 50% chance to get a signature stone/signature stone crystal on each day, and a 50% chance to acquire varying Tiers of ISO

jctycfx3qs1i.png

Additionally, each Boss fight also includes a rare chance to award either Premium Hero Crystal shards, or an Ultimate Elemental Crystal. These are quite rare, and it’s likely that some Summoners will go this entire event without finding one!

What are Raw Elements?

Completing these Trials will award you with Raw Elements which you can trade for a unique, limited-time item in the Store, and Elemental Crystals in the Vault. These Crystals contain items to assist you throughout the Battlerealm. They’ll be available in limited quantities in the Crystal Vault under the Special Tab until February 11, 2019. Be sure to check each Crystal’s description and Drop Rates for their contents!

Activate the Beacon!

A strange Beacon is being added to the Store, and it can only be purchased with Raw Elements. No one really knows what it does, or who it sends a signal to, but missing out on it would mean missing out on one piece of a year long event…

Item Transmutation

It’s not quite turning lead into gold, but during the Trials you’ll be able to harness your inner alchemist by going to the Featured Tab in the Store and combine certain low value items to create a new higher value one! You’ll be able to combine:

Level 1 Health Potions into a Level 2 Health Potion
    Level 2 Health Potions into a Level 3 Health Potion
    Level 2 Team Health Potions into a Level 3 Team Health Potion
    Level 1 Revives into a Level 2 Revive
    Level 1 Alliance Health Potions into a Level 2 Alliance Health Potion
    Level 2 Alliance Health Potions into a Level 3 Alliance Health Potion
    Level 1 Alliance Revives into a Level 2 Alliance Revive

All Transmutations will require 2 of the lower level potion/revive to create the higher level one. For example, you’ll need to combine 2 Level 2 Health Potions to create a Level 3 Health Potion.

Your powers of Alchemy will only allow you to create each of these items 3 times, but that limit refreshes every week between January 2nd and February 6th!

Prepare to face off against the Power of the Elements, Summoner!

Same old problems.

Shards are ok this time.

50% chanchea at a reward (sig stones) is utter ****.

I keep not seeing the so announced path to “let players be less penalized by luck of the drop” you used to justify most of the recent changes in the lst months.

Random rewards are still a plague which you keep feasting on, same as “increased chanches at aq rewards” and not “increased rewards”.

While i can stomach the aq side, this event has ZERO reason to depend on a 50% drop chanche. Make the sig stone a 100% drop, so this whole stupidity of rng can at least cease regarding this kind of event.

Expecially given the laughable nodes you decided to add for this one.

Mesmerize? Seriously? Is this act 4? You were that smart to avoid using it again given how BAD the idea was, and here you go again. If you need to recycle PLEASE do recycle the fun ones not the bad ones lmao.
  • Options
    johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    Can we assume that Day 7 will be like other trials and we can do all difficulties?
  • Options
    johara84 wrote: »
    Can we assume that Day 7 will be like other trials and we can do all difficulties?

Yep; for Days 1-6 you can only enter one difficulty of the trial each day, but on Day 7, you can enter into each difficulty one time.
  • Options
    HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    at the moment the difficulty is being able to enter :D

I hope the update will arrive soon