**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Seatin's double-Cyclops video....

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    My 1st R4 was duped sym spidey bc he was my best 5* I had at the time and I had t2a in overflow lol
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    DemitriM wrote: »
    DemitriM wrote: »
    every single hero will be added to 6 star hero crystal in time

anyone going mental cos both cyclops' are in the 3 star crystal?

You don't have to accumulate 10k shards over (best case) a month to acquire 3 stars, and nobody uses them for anything beyond arena grinding.

just because it takes longer to gather 6 star shards it doesnt mean you gonna pull ONLY the best heroes out of it!

But the effort to achieve said shards does imply a certain level of usefulness. And neither Cyclops or about a third of the basic pool meet that expectation.

According to who? As I keep saying, what people say means nothing to game balance, it is what they do that matters. And my experience with game development says that if *any* of the 6* champions in the 6* crystal were useless, as in no one was using them, Kabam would make changes.

Maybe those players are less sophisticated, maybe they aren't as hard core, maybe they are misinformed, maybe they are just crazy, but the players actually using the "useless" champions count just as much as every one of us on the forums, and ultimately that determines how the game is managed. The champs like She Hulk and Spider Gwen aren't being buffed because we bad mouth them on the forums. It is because Kabam sees them infrequently played and probably earning less rewards for players when they are played.

On that basis, is Cyclops "useless?" Well, I probably wouldn't use him for much besides arena grinding, but I would also bet real money with anyone who wanted to that in the data he's not useless. And the data isn't necessarily the only thing that matters, but it holds all the trump cards.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Basically, if you don't like how the game is structured don't play it. There are lots of people who've played for a very long time that have dealt with far worse game states than the current 6* accumulation and pool.

Would I be happy to pull cyclops? Of course not. I also wouldn't be dense enough to open featured 6* crystals right now and I have a very large roster (97-98 5*s, 11 6*s, and a bit over 10k prestige).

The fact remains they've done a much better job of adding very good 6*s into the game and attaining them is much faster than they did with the introduction of 5*s.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Don't knock my boy Cyclops...
    Ya'll knocked him hard though lol..
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★

Is kabam mike hinting at a cyclops buff sometime soon 😂
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Well, I think it’s a little late for that, isn’t it mate?

Unless...
    Buff incoming?
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    in all seriousness cyclops is far from the most useless champ out there.
    maybe HB or Colossus get that trophy.

Cyclops is useful. He just pales in comparison to other options.
    My partner has a r3 Cyclops blue team and uses him all the time in her questing team with much more success than one would use a HulkBuster.

not trying to say he is amazingly great,
    but he can get the job done,
    and is better than alot of others.

for those haters and ones who dont believe my opinion but instead listen to the word of a youtuber rather than form their own opinion.
    even Seatin ranks atleast 19 champs below cyclops.
    9fbfrvbqoc0e.png
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Cyclops and other 90+ champs are purely for cosmetic value ,they dont make any diffrence even if you remove most of them.its just another fight in uncollected path and nothing more. They are non-existent for a person trying to do uncollected or AW ,specialy challenges like captain marvel quest.(Aq might b alright) most of the content created after jan 2018 was designed to counter a 'specific' champ and since then its been same.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    There are far better 6* champs available in the game early in their introduction than 5*s were

There are also adding 6*s much faster. The chances of duping a good 5* were higher and the featured crystal offered a much better chance of giving the specific champ you wanted. I agree that the initial pool of 5*s was pretty weak though.
  • Options
    MaatMan wrote: »

My partner has a r3 Cyclops blue team and uses him all the time in her questing team with much more success than one would use a HulkBuster.

Just because someone uses a Champion... doesn’t mean they’re useful.

all i was saying is he is more useful than some of the others.
    if someone can get the job done they are useful.
    that is actually the definition of useful.
  • Options
    SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Plot twist. Both Cyclops get a buff later this year and then people will be begging to get him
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,392 ★★★★★
    I rather pull a dpx just because he has bleed and better stats than a Cyclops why do we need 2 at this time keep one out for the time being add another mutant please other than the effective Cyclops
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,788 ★★★★★

Even if the Champ is useful (e.g. 5* duped Gwenpool), it may not be used (saw a YouTube on it :D )
  • Options
    a

all i was saying is he is more useful than some of the others.
    if someone can get the job done they are useful.
    that is actually the definition of useful.

@MattMan Theoretically, just about anything can useful in any scenario. I could use a needle to carve a stone monument... but that isn’t very effective.

And Cyclops is not very effective, at all.

i never said effective. i said useful. not effective.

and was merely pointing out there are many many owrse. he may be toward the bottome but is by no means at the bottom of the barrel.
  • Options
    Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    It would help not to have 6* (and 5*) champs that are not 90-95% the same. Magnetos, DareDevils, cyclops, Captain/miss marvel, Ironman(SIM/IP), etc. at least Gulk, Rulk, and Hulk have different abilities and animations....

If one variation of the champ is introduced as a 6*, that’s plenty. No reason to have duplicates of champs that do the nearly same thing with their functions and animations.

If you do introduce multiple skins, please rework one, or preferably all, version(s) of the champ.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    As I mentioned in the other thread about this, I agree we need some trash in the 6* pool, however having both versions of a trash champion in the pool is just poor.
    Next thing you know they’ll add the other magneto to the next featured, because why throw in some champs that would be fun and useful for some like x23 when we can have 2 magneto and 2 cyclops
  • Options
    CyberShredderCyberShredder Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    Double Cyclops across the sky! So intense!

They're fine... Blueclops just needs someone to close his mouth.
This discussion has been closed.