**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Advantage for Bifrost Side Event Overcompensation

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Lol grounded isnt even thronebreaker after playing this long

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Didn’t realise people were demanding the same... maybe it’s because nobody is.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    So are you not competitive in this game at all?
    Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    It's not about agreeing with the damn status quo. People who got the extra uru can gain up to 54% of a t5cc in 2% t5cc crystals, while everyone else will be getting the normal amount. That is BROKEN, no matter what way you want to spin it.

Funny that you were all over Kabam for banning players during treasure island, but now when the exact same thing is happening, you take the opposite side. Jokester.
    No. It is not the same. Also, your math is off, considering someone pointed out it was 26%.
    One was an exploit that gave many people the ability to farm infinite Rewards, a number that was growing as word spread.
    The other was a glitch that sent a limited amount of Resources to a small number of people by mistake.
    Perspective is key when comparing things.
    Ok, so it's 26%. That's still a huge amount more than the amount everyone else will be getting. You get ~26% of a t5cc after exploring an entire chapter of Act 6 or a new variant. The sheer discrepancy in t5cc players with the extra uru and without is means for a simple bug fix to make it even for all players. It is a simple change for Kabam to make to make it equal for all players.
    Which precisely supports my point. It has very little to do with the actual overall effect to the game and more to do with some people getting something others aren't. What difference does it make? Are we competitive to the point we can't stand others advancing? I'm not. So people can bust my ##### all they like, but it's no difference to me.
    What? That much t5cc being an accident has a huge impact to the game. One of the biggest from a bug ever
    Do you know how many people received the glitch?
    Do you?
    No, but it's relevant to the point. I'm not arguing that it doesn't affect things period. I'm not daft. I'm saying the amount of people who have access to it affects the overall effect on the game. For something to be a "biggest", it has to have a biggest overall effect.
    Nah you're genuinely tapped dude, how tf do you back all of this up without actually knowing how many people were affected??? You literally asked Crcrcrc if he knows how many people were affected by the glitch, while you did not even know yourself. I'm lost for words.
    You apparently missed the point I made.
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

What's that got to do with this thread? People play at their own pace mate. It's a game at the end of the day. I have seen people who are not even uncollected after playing for years. Let's keep it on topic :)
    He says that he doesn't care about the extra 26% t5cc but isnt thronbreaker. Any Cav who actually felt like pushing to thronbreaker would value t5cc the most, yet he says he doesn't care. idk man, both this and the fact that he is on the other side of like every major argument makes it seem like he is a troll.
    The extra 26% that someone else gets through a glitch is what "he" doesn't care about. It has nothing to do with being contradictory. If someone else got that through a bug, that has nothing to do with my Account. Would it matter to my Account? Sure. The difference is I'm not expecting to get the same just because of a glitch that affected a small amount of people.
    Actually, when someone suggests valuing it, then that implies it affects my Account. Someone else getting it through an error does NOT affect me in the slightest. That's the point. The only basis for the argument that I see is they get it and everyone else doesn't.
    Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    So you think the only people who can comment are the ones that agree with status quo? There's a word for that.
    It's not about agreeing with the damn status quo. People who got the extra uru can gain up to 54% of a t5cc in 2% t5cc crystals, while everyone else will be getting the normal amount. That is BROKEN, no matter what way you want to spin it.

Funny that you were all over Kabam for banning players during treasure island, but now when the exact same thing is happening, you take the opposite side. Jokester.
    No. It is not the same. Also, your math is off, considering someone pointed out it was 26%.
    One was an exploit that gave many people the ability to farm infinite Rewards, a number that was growing as word spread.
    The other was a glitch that sent a limited amount of Resources to a small number of people by mistake.
    Ok, so it's 26%. That's still a huge amount more than the amount everyone else will be getting. You get ~26% of a t5cc after exploring an entire chapter of Act 6 or a new variant. The sheer discrepancy in t5cc players with the extra uru and without is means for a simple bug fix to make it even for all players. It is a simple change for Kabam to make to make it equal for all players.
    Which precisely supports my point. It has very little to do with the actual overall effect to the game and more to do with some people getting something others aren't. What difference does it make? Are we competitive to the point we can't stand others advancing? I'm not. So people can bust my ##### all they like, but it's no difference to me.
    And how is that different to the treasure island issue? To use your words, that bug ‘had little to do with the overall effect to the game and was more to do with some people getting something others aren’t’. It didn’t break the playability of the game, people just got extra rewards..

You should use your worlds carefully, I don’t think I’ve met a bigger hypocrite on this forum.
    LMAO! Mkay. You're comparing 26% of a T5CC that a much smaller number of people may get, with an open-ended number of people farming hundreds of thousands of Resources. Big time difference.
    I’m not comparing the rewards. I’m comparing your words, which contradict themselves. I honestly don’t take you seriously at all, and I don’t think anyone here should.
    Then why are you talking to me?
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

What? That much t5cc being an accident has a huge impact to the game. One of the biggest from a bug ever
    Do you?
    No, but it's relevant to the point. I'm not arguing that it doesn't affect things period. I'm not daft. I'm saying the amount of people who have access to it affects the overall effect on the game. For something to be a "biggest", it has to have a biggest overall effect.
    Nah you're genuinely tapped dude, how tf do you back all of this up without actually knowing how many people were affected??? You literally asked Crcrcrc if he knows how many people were affected by the glitch, while you did not even know yourself. I'm lost for words.
    But you forget the forum is less than 5% of the playerbase. There could be hundreds of thousands of players with this bug and you have no clue
    You honestly believe they would have walked away from it by this point if it was that extensive?
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Do you?
    But you forget the forum is less than 5% of the playerbase. There could be hundreds of thousands of players with this bug and you have no clue
    You honestly believe they would have walked away from it by this point if it was that extensive?
    I don't know if they would have even known about it had someone not posted about it
    Look, I get that people question their competence from time to time, but they know their own game.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Do you?
    I don't know if they would have even known about it had someone not posted about it
    Look, I get that people question their competence from time to time, but they know their own game.
    Okay, so how would they know about it without the forum or yt? Give me one answer backed up by facts please
    Everything you do is backed up as data on the server. We're not playing in a bubble.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Do you?
    Okay, so how would they know about it without the forum or yt? Give me one answer backed up by facts please
    Everything you do is backed up as data on the server. We're not playing in a bubble.
    Okay, so how would Kabam know about a bug that affected a "small group of people" then? They don't check the inventory of every account at all times, do they?
    They would be aware of it eventually. Yes, issues brought up here help, but there are no secrets. The server is what sends out the Emails, Rewards and many other things. Everything we do that communicates to the server is there.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.

Do you?
    They haven’t walked away from it, they’ve literally said they are in discussions about addressing it. The reason you don’t see them panicking is because no one, as far as I’m aware, can even access tier 10 yet. Therefore it isn’t a whole they need to plug immediately. Even if people can access tier 10, it doesn’t impact anything until they’ve done one of the extra runs

We have no idea how many people this has affected. The forums are certainly not a good indication of that. And if people are affected, why would they speak up about it when it could potentially be detrimental to them, especially after the mutant treasure island fiasco

So however many you think it is, and this goes for both sides, assume it’s a good proportion more. Only Kabam knows who was on that mailing list

If it’s 5, yeah, it probably isn’t going to affect things too much

But I can guarantee it’s not 5. It’s more likely thousands, maybe even upwards of 10,000 considering how many people play this game globally. And when you consider that only 300 players can be in a top 10 AQ alliance, that extra T5CC might be enough for someone to R3 their silver surfer, pushing another alliance out of top 10 for weeks due to a glitch they had no control over

You can’t assume this may have no impact because if it was ignored and it ended up having a major impact, then the problem would be even more tricky to solve

I’m glad you’re happy for others. I am too. But this nerd fixed or you’re going to have a lot of other unhappy players getting screwed by facing a new R3 on defence as a result, not getting a kill on defence as a result, or being pushed out their AQ bracket as a result
    They're discussing it because people are upset. Which is fine. The point I was making is if the issue was game breaking it would have been acted on by now. It's already been made known.
  • Options

Guys stop attacking grounded wisdom or you will get this thread closed.

It's fine. I've made the points I wanted to make, whether they're heard or not. I'm just differentiating between personal feelings on it and actual overall effects. Whatever they choose to do about it doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Summoners, we thank you for your discussion above and apologise for the delay in response. Our team has been alerted of your concerns and are currently in discussion. We appreciate your patience at this time and hope to provide you with an update very soon!

Thank you
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Pulyaman said:

Not to this extreme, no.
    then leave this thread.
    No. It's like one person living in one country expressing why the local pet policy in another country should not be changed. Commenting on stuff that have literally no consequence to you
    It's not like that at all. It has no consequence to anyone if it's not a significant enough leak of Resources, aside from the feeling of fairness.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Pulyaman said:

Again, you are looking only at the top tier. I am taking about the whole game in general. People have been asking if they can play tier 6 multiple times to get the resource they want. What will happen if you limit the number of times tier 6 can be run? And value of the offer depends on where you are. Kabam releases t1a offers from time to time targeting mid tier players also. Look at the overall player base and not only the top 1%.

"Even top tier players want T1 alpha or T4 basics which could be farmed in the side event."

Your words, not mine.

And again, you missed the fact that T1A and T4B do not have the same real world value as T5CC and can be obtained in ways other than the highest levels of content.

It is also waaaay, waaaay easier to get from a day 1 noob to uncollected and then to cavalier then to get from cavalier to thronebreaker.

You could get to uncollected in a month easily and have lots of access to T1A and T4B.
    Tell me what the timeline is for Thronebreaker? And tell me how much of that is contingent upon accumulating 100% of a T5CC, which is the most rare catalyst in the current meta.
    I think you missed my point. I was asking at which point do you decide that the resource is too valuable? For you t5cc may be valuable. For someone with no 6 star it is close to worthless now. But T4B and T1A are valuable as soon as you get a 4 star which could happen with your first phc.

People who have already played the game can get to UC and Cavalier in a week. I am not so sure a player starting out can do that in a month unless he is spending a lot. My point was that locking only Tier 10 may not be a solution acceptable by everyone. But it could be the only one that we get. Since kabam have responded and are looking into this, let us see how they decide and hopefully that will make everyone happy.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Summoners,

Upon review of recent concerns regarding potential unfair advantages with regards to players who received additional resources due to a server error, we have decided to temporarily disable Quest Tier 10 until a fair solution can be implemented for all players.

We apologise in advance for any confusion caused in the meantime. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thanks for the speedy response
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Agree