[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Since update, frame rate/stutter and parry/dex worse than before. Haven’t done questing in the past two days (other than auto fight), but AW and incursions timing for basic champ movements is as unreliable as ever.

Same device, updated, etc. iPhone XS, iOS 14.8, full WiFi and no other apps running.

Dr. Zola
  • Vintage773Vintage773 Member Posts: 62
    Is it just me, or is the dex/parry issue worse than ever since the update? My parries are registering late like 75% of the time, and dexing specials has been real hit or miss. Am I alone in this?
  • EtherealityEthereality Member Posts: 685 ★★★
    Funny you mentioned. I was just doing Arena and somehow I felt the same as you. It might be a subjective perception, no way to prove it but yeah, it felt like the Parry/Dex was just worse.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Member Posts: 919 ★★★
    I was asking the same thing in my alliance chat. It seems like the parries have gotten way worse lately. I thought it was just me being bad at the game.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,776 ★★★★★
    It's probably both.
    I'm screwing up mixed with game parry timing.
    No issues in dexing.
    I eat a combo here and there... But I'm not used to getting comboed multiple times.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Honestly it's mostly fine for me now.
  • Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Member Posts: 174 ★★
    We understand why it's happening, it's just the last few months have been fairly ok then BAM update and now all my parrys are failing, thrown me off all over again
  • DiablordDiablord Member Posts: 562 ★★★
    surprising but all modes except practice are bugged.
    Uncollected eq, almost all parries failed.
    Practice mode though, all parries work and dex works consistantly in practice mode
  • Vintage773Vintage773 Member Posts: 62
    Yup, I’m aware of all this info already. Thanks for sharing though. It’s just I had already gotten used to baseline broken version of the game already, but after this update, it’s worse than it usually is. At least for me, that’s been my experience for cav EQ and AQ.
  • OmedennOmedenn Member Posts: 890 ★★★
    @Vintage773 you are right about the cav eq - last cav eq didn’t feel as bad as this one somehow. Also often happens that the game just shuts off out of a sudden. But yeah..
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    Since the update the parry/dex issues are still kind of a come and go issue for me. Missed parries in the new side event quest get you killed. I literally got 2 shot by Stealth Suit Spidey on a R3 6* Archangel. Happened back to back on the first parry attempt. 3rd try....worked just fine. I still have characters that run forward randomly and stop responding to swipe back attempts. New issue now....there is a ton of straight up lag when defenders launch special attacks. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does....it's a straight 1-2 seconds of frozen game play. Thankfully it hasn't gotten me killed just yet, but it makes dexing a very dicey situation. We know you guys are working on it, but there was supposed to be an improvement upon release. This patch feels like a step backwards.

iPad Pro...iOS 14.8, full WiFi, no other apps running.
  • XSquadXSquad Member Posts: 156 ★★

Is it just me or anyone else facing below issues since today morning?
    i) defenders are moving way too fast
    ii) defenders starts hitting you before you can dash back after your combo
    iii) defender doesn’t throw sp1 or sp2
    iv) impossible to dash back/re-parry when defender is attacking your block

Defenders recovering from heavies and specials sooner than ever before
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Does the frame “stutter” issue fall under the parry/dex problem? Is that a separate memory leak issue?

The more I play this update, the more it feels like the stuttering issue is what ails me. Still an Xs running 14.8 iOS. And just running some EQ this morning with what feels like dial-up performance.

Is there a separate thread? Any update?

Dr. Zola
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
    edited October 2021
    The parry bug didn't just cost revives/potions. It cost us VALUABLE time grinding for them, and UNITS. LOTS of units. My unit loss due to parry bug is somewhere between 2000-3000. I don't expect Kabam to repay all of that, but at least they can give every UC and above player 1000-2000 units.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
    No_oneuk said:

what did you use units on for the parry bug.

was it revives and potions perhaps?

that's why they're compensating revives and potions.

:neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    I also grinded tons of units from arena TO use on revives/pots.
    And also the amount of revives/pots is way too less to ever compensate.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

No_oneuk said:

:neutral: i cant convert revives and pots to units. Imagine paying $50 for something that was your seller's fault. Then, after 10 years, the seller gives you $50 worth of stuff. Will that be enough compensation?
    NO.
    so they need to compensate more revives and pots, not more units.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,500 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

No_oneuk said:

NO.
    You wouldn't be using Units on anything BUT Pots and Revs, that was the result of the bugs. They never cost us Cavs. Lol.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.
    Mauled said:

So why not use the pots that they gave you in compensation? Surely you’re not blowing that many pots in MEQ? If you are it’s you, not the game.

Or are you one of those people who are trying to have it both ways? Use the free resources to push content you’re not ready for and then blame the game when you inevitably fail.

The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    If you’re going to say “ it’s your fault for trying”, I’d like to point out that by saying that, you’re saying that every person should stop pushing any content. Pretty absurd. Might wanna rerun that one through the brain.

Instead we are supposed to be playing. To do that we need more pots and revives than we’ve been getting up front. And unit compensation.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    I’m pretty sure all the L5 potions and L2 revives they gave in the compensation added up to more than 2000 units (and this is excluding the AQ rewards, where they gave LOTS of glory too). As for your valuable time, it was given back in the form of a 5 and 6 star nexus and more, so you can’t complain about that. (I’m just gonna assume you’re TB, but even if you’re not, you still got suitable rewards for your progression level).
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Member Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Mauled said:

The pots they gave last a couple quests lmfao. What you're not taking into account is some people who are unlucky have capiw as their best champ and that's their only option for V7.3.1 and they lose 5 pots taking down a warlock who seems to guaranteed crit each time they miss a parry :neutral:
    Ok, but why would you try to do V7 when the bug is there? Just why? I mean I did it too because I’m stupid and impatient, but I know that it’s my fault and I’m not asking for more revives or potions
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    They don't give units as compensation outside of the gifting badge debacle with Stark's Briefcase.

You'll get more pots and revives and possibly another Nexus way before they give units.
  • AmaniacAmaniac Member Posts: 12
    Hi. Anyone happen to know when the next compensation is coming? Like doesn’t Kabam owe us a massive one cos that one compensation we got in August still didn’t compensate for all the times we’ve died due to the bug. We need like units or a bunch of revives, instead of useless shards and crystals. Thanks.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Member Posts: 799 ★★★★
    No
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited October 2021
    MojoHater said:

Mauled said:

So you’re telling me you’re spending your potions on quests you’ve just admitted you don’t have the correct counters for and are wondering why you’re having a problem?

Don’t become a defence lawyer, the jails would get even more overcrowded than they already are.