Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Member Posts: 58
    On map5 the only things that have changed are the mini boss and boss? The map is exactly the same. Same champs on the same paths with the same nodes. So basically, everything is the same! Yay?! Ugh.
  • TeleusTeleus Member Posts: 119
    The real question is why is there even a 3% threshold — if you timeout at 3% you should lose 1/2 your health same as if you timeout at 3.1%. At anything other than 1 health point, all champs should survive a timeout.
  • TeleusTeleus Member Posts: 119
    The 3% is another example of unnecessary extra coding that makes that overall game less stable
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 544 ★★★

Does "Say Uncle" Global node include all Spider-Man? or just the 4 Peter aparkers? Or just the OG spider-man. @Kabam Miike

Maybe nebula?
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Can confirm that Miles Morales does not get the Say Uncle global buff.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★
    Teleus said:

The real question is why is there even a 3% threshold — if you timeout at 3% you should lose 1/2 your health same as if you timeout at 3.1%. At anything other than 1 health point, all champs should survive a timeout.

I suspect that visibility/transparency is part of this. I can’t see if I have 1hp or not.

Also, the salve mastery would basically short circuit the “death only at 1hp” system. Literally run away for one tick and survive.
  • Bronc0_Bronc0_ Member Posts: 19
    Map 6 (day 1) opponents now have considerably higher prestige and HP, comparable to previous day 5 opponents.

Is this intended? Day 5 bosses will be really stacked.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Member Posts: 527 ★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Neither does stealth suit spider-man
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Member Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited November 2021

Dukenpuke said:

Neither does stealth suit spider-man
    Neither does stark enhanced. At this point I would assume it only applies to og spider-man if it indeed works. Which is just silly.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Xaro said:

Hello Summoners, we have some new and exciting things coming your way with the release of Season 9! Our team has been working tirelessly on a brand new map that is finally coming your way. Map 8 has a few new mechanics to play around with as well as a new set of themed buffs and repurposed Mini’s and Final bosses for our other maps.

Read all about it here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/284834/alliance-quest-season-9-and-map-8-starting-november-19-2021

Take the time out with corvus away from map 8, thats fine. Its new content, you guys need to milk the AQ whales - We understand times are tough.

The people doing map 7/6/5 Have been using corvus for years to combat your insane over tuning of minis, Red magneto for example. Lets make a mini that can hit for 10k+ into block, but make you heavy him before you can do any damage. and certain paths like Prove youself(Dumbest node ever for AQ)/ Mix Master, or adding the "rage 2.5%" on with the "buffed up" node. I would love to see any member of Kabam run these paths without having to spend a tons of items. I know all you see is dollar signs at the thought of nerfing corvus, but you will kill your game with it. No one will do AQ at all, and your VERY over priced AW potions, wont keep you in business.
    If they fixed the bug why are u getting angry
  • WolfrhkWolfrhk Member Posts: 83
    Map5 2nd Torch mini is insane with Buffet on him. Brought in Collosus which in hindsight was a mistake, but should Map5 have defenders that regenerate so much? Seems like it needs to be adjusted, it's bad enough we can only use a handful of Incinerate immune champs now.
  • User5000User5000 Member Posts: 89
    For now se can pass Wirth Ângela or red hulk
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Wolfrhk said:

Map5 2nd Torch mini is insane with Buffet on him. Brought in Collosus which in hindsight was a mistake, but should Map5 have defenders that regenerate so much? Seems like it needs to be adjusted, it's bad enough we can only use a handful of Incinerate immune champs now.

It’s nothing new, we had this mini 2 years ago. Very boring and not creative. Just use void like 2 years ago
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Can a mod please update us on what to expect for the scoring in map 8? According to my memory, it appears to be giving approximately the same points as map 7. The path fights, anyway. Not sure about the bosses yet. Maybe the difference is made up there? But seems weird for the path fights to be the same points?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    The timer for fights really needs to be increased, especially if the mercy node is going to be on the boss. It took me 3-4 timeouts to get him down using my path champs(mostly doom).
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★

Can a mod please update us on what to expect for the scoring in map 8? According to my memory, it appears to be giving approximately the same points as map 7. The path fights, anyway. Not sure about the bosses yet. Maybe the difference is made up there? But seems weird for the path fights to be the same points?

If we pay double the tickets for the same (or lower depending how it shakes out with lack of mods) rewards, it's not gonna be great.
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 751 ★★★★

If we pay double the tickets for the same (or lower depending how it shakes out with lack of mods) rewards, it's not gonna be great.
    I believe map 8 is scoring higher that 7 by about 20 million based on full day one score now
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 751 ★★★★
    The extra end boss no doubt is making the bigger difference rather than path fights