Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The most disingenuous part of this argument is people acting like AQ map 7 is so hard that it needs to be done by Corvus or most people wouldn't play it. It is simply not true. Corvus saves items and it is smart to take advantage of his ability not to die. Most players and I can speak on this because I recruit all the time, only have problems with certain paths due to rosters limitations.

The lanes that were actually really hard have been altered by removing champions such as Bishop, Domino, and Hulkbuster to name a few. If Corvus timeout is removed, all that will happen is Kabam collecting more units through potions and revives. People aren't going to up and quit map 7 and refuse to play map 8 because of it. I don't understand everyone acting like map 7 is this devastating game mode, that people can only be done with Corvus. After a month or two people would simply adjust and the game would go on with an inconvenient use of items.

Then why are so many people crying about it being removed? There are absolutely people that can only finish the map bc of being able to timeout. Is it most people? No. There are still a lot that just won't be able to keep up with potions that shouldn't be doing map 7 to begin with
    Probably becuz there’s 0 info about what health% we will now punished for if we time out and that AQ has operated this way for 6 years.

This isn’t a corvus issue only, it’s going to effect other champs. Why kill my champ who survived just because I timed out ?
    Miike said 3 percent earlier.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

The point is kabam created roadblocks that require Corvus sig ability. And let’s be honest. “Can not die” means just that. I’m confident in clearing my paths without his sig ability but have no doubt others will item out often now. Increasing items used to fail more sound fun?

then they should step down.. there is no roadblocks where corvus is needed, just unskilled or under developed players who dont belong. thats the fact, reality is often dissapointing, i still think 3% is way too easy to get around for people to still do the time outs
    It is people like you who are dead wrong. WHile i'm all for difficult content, AQ need not be it. It is artificial unnecessary difficulty. Nobody likes AQ, it is a chore to do. It is something you HAVE to get done, day in day out. Something to use your aq energy it sometimes undesribale circumstances.
    Kabam has artificially increased the difficulty of such game modes by making it quite punishing. I personally dont use corvus timeout but i can see the need. AQ is boring, monotonous and not fun. Last week was the best because you could bang out the fight in 30 seconds (with foresight). Artifically enhancing difficulty by making niche nodes does not make it fun. Who cares who uses what for aq and how they get it done.
    "stepping down" is stupid, that is an ignorant and apathetic suggestion. Try again.
    People timeout more to save themselves from dying because they messed up vs timing out to down a boss.
    People also time out because of random lag that happens. One lag can cost you a majority of your health or push them to an Sp3. And please don't try to say that it isn't there, the game is filled with spikes of lag. Kabam is trying to fix it, but unless you have a smooth game, any bug or lag can be the difference between having to dump a ton of items or trying to save some. Potions and revives are ridiculously expensive.

I get why Kabam may not want people to use the Corvus cheese.
    But how does it affect players if others do it? AQ isn't a competitive mode where if someone from alliance A does the Corvus cheese, it will affect Alliance B. It isn't war. Honestly, how does it matter?
    Bc alliances just assume everyone is okay with doing it and put little to no effort in actually planning paths anymore bc someone can just timeout if they're having a hard time.
    That's generalizing. There will be alliances doing it. But it's not like every alliance is doing it. And if an alliance forces you to timeout because they don't want to plan, then just leave.
    Shouldn't the ones wanting/needing to time out just play lower content?
    Perhaps.

Shouldnt kabam address the need for timing out ?
    I did and Mike responded that they are looking to see if they can increase the timers and avoid timeout for the new map
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,821 ★★★★★

The point is kabam created roadblocks that require Corvus sig ability. And let’s be honest. “Can not die” means just that. I’m confident in clearing my paths without his sig ability but have no doubt others will item out often now. Increasing items used to fail more sound fun?

then they should step down.. there is no roadblocks where corvus is needed, just unskilled or under developed players who dont belong. thats the fact, reality is often dissapointing, i still think 3% is way too easy to get around for people to still do the time outs
    It is people like you who are dead wrong. WHile i'm all for difficult content, AQ need not be it. It is artificial unnecessary difficulty. Nobody likes AQ, it is a chore to do. It is something you HAVE to get done, day in day out. Something to use your aq energy it sometimes undesribale circumstances.
    Kabam has artificially increased the difficulty of such game modes by making it quite punishing. I personally dont use corvus timeout but i can see the need. AQ is boring, monotonous and not fun. Last week was the best because you could bang out the fight in 30 seconds (with foresight). Artifically enhancing difficulty by making niche nodes does not make it fun. Who cares who uses what for aq and how they get it done.
    "stepping down" is stupid, that is an ignorant and apathetic suggestion. Try again.
    People timeout more to save themselves from dying because they messed up vs timing out to down a boss.
    People also time out because of random lag that happens. One lag can cost you a majority of your health or push them to an Sp3. And please don't try to say that it isn't there, the game is filled with spikes of lag. Kabam is trying to fix it, but unless you have a smooth game, any bug or lag can be the difference between having to dump a ton of items or trying to save some. Potions and revives are ridiculously expensive.

I get why Kabam may not want people to use the Corvus cheese.
    But how does it affect players if others do it? AQ isn't a competitive mode where if someone from alliance A does the Corvus cheese, it will affect Alliance B. It isn't war. Honestly, how does it matter?
    Bc alliances just assume everyone is okay with doing it and put little to no effort in actually planning paths anymore bc someone can just timeout if they're having a hard time.
    That's generalizing. There will be alliances doing it. But it's not like every alliance is doing it. And if an alliance forces you to timeout because they don't want to plan, then just leave.
    Shouldn't the ones wanting/needing to time out just play lower content?
    Perhaps.

Shouldnt kabam address the need for timing out ?
    What's to address? Your playstyle? The intercept you missed and you're about to die and don't want to use all the free stuff you've accumulated recently or in general?
  • SADDANSADDAN Member Posts: 23
    You should increase the fight time at m7 onwards, 3 minutes is not enough. They're going to finish off Corvus anyway...
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,953 Guardian

AQ isn't difficult. Act 6 is harder than Map 7 even with epic mods. People tend to play above their punching level or don't bring in correct champs. Map 7 with epic mods and R3 champs and now R4's, Map 7 is fine. AQ is just stale in terms of the same defenders over and over again.

Messing up wouldnt be as punishing if we had decent potions that allowed mess ups. 6k health is absolutely nothing.
    Map7 is quite punishing if you take a combo to the face, the AI doesnt cooperate, the random amazing bugs in the system right now. As said before, AQ is a chore and people do it in a variety of situations. Plenty of times I am doing it at the mall, hiding in a corner of a factory, in between driving, while cooking food etc. It isnt like war where everything is tried to be in the best scenario. Give us better potions which are updated from 3 years ago and we can talk punching above weights.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The most disingenuous part of this argument is people acting like AQ map 7 is so hard that it needs to be done by Corvus or most people wouldn't play it. It is simply not true. Corvus saves items and it is smart to take advantage of his ability not to die. Most players and I can speak on this because I recruit all the time, only have problems with certain paths due to rosters limitations.

The lanes that were actually really hard have been altered by removing champions such as Bishop, Domino, and Hulkbuster to name a few. If Corvus timeout is removed, all that will happen is Kabam collecting more units through potions and revives. People aren't going to up and quit map 7 and refuse to play map 8 because of it. I don't understand everyone acting like map 7 is this devastating game mode, that people can only be done with Corvus. After a month or two people would simply adjust and the game would go on with an inconvenient use of items.

Then why are so many people crying about it being removed? There are absolutely people that can only finish the map bc of being able to timeout. Is it most people? No. There are still a lot that just won't be able to keep up with potions that shouldn't be doing map 7 to begin with
    It's simple, who wants to give up an advantage? It is like nerfing a champion. No one wants to take away what they already have. There's no big secret going on here.

AQ isn't difficult. Act 6 is harder than Map 7 even with epic mods. People tend to play above their punching level or don't bring in correct champs. Map 7 with epic mods and R3 champs and now R4's, Map 7 is fine. AQ is just stale in terms of the same defenders over and over again.

Messing up wouldnt be as punishing if we had decent potions that allowed mess ups. 6k health is absolutely nothing.
    Map7 is quite punishing if you take a combo to the face, the AI doesnt cooperate, the random amazing bugs in the system right now. As said before, AQ is a chore and people do it in a variety of situations. Plenty of times I am doing it at the mall, hiding in a corner of a factory, in between driving, while cooking food etc. It isnt like war where everything is tried to be in the best scenario. Give us better potions which are updated from 3 years ago and we can talk punching above weights.
    I would agree, make AQ potions percentage based and I won't post about Corvus timeout again. Until that time, they need to keep it the same.

I actually agree with you on the pots part. I believe they should be % based. Also with the AW boosts were available for AQ.

I stepped down from map 7 because it was becoming mind numbingly boring. Doing map 6 right now and barely even notice it being 5 days. But the down side is the lack of T5cc now.

I want the variety that AW offers in terms of defenders.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Anyway, is there any possibility for the 3 maps to be released before the new AQ season starts?
  • dukhntr21dukhntr21 Member Posts: 2

Chikel said:

The time out is only for Map 8 andI imagine the boss killer cross fights will make it easier to solo minis and bosses.
    I'm more concerned about the lack of rewards update. The price of potions, t5b, t4b and t1a have been outdated for a while now. We need more glory or a reduction in prices

Eventually the timeout removal will extend to lower maps as stated in the post.

Per the peak milestones Glory is seeing an increase of up to 1100 for full map 8. But even full map 7 should see increases of 600+. It’s being bumped up by 20-33%.
    Ha, nobody is timing out in map 5 or 6 with a 6* r3 Corvus. Most who won’t make it to top 45 will just drop down to map 6 for now, the price of admission and rewards won’t be worth it.

• dukhntr21dukhntr21 Member Posts: 2

True Focus added to AW - players claim they nerf Quake and Ghost and get pissed.

“Corvus” timeout method removed from AQ - Kabam says they are changing the way something works while directly naming Corvus as the reason, players defend it and say thank you…..

Makes no sense to me at all. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, this is an indirect nerf to Corvus. I took him to r3, strictly for AQ. I don’t use the timeout method because frankly I don’t need to, BUT, a lot of players do and they are being affected.

They have said in the past that CG was not meant to work this way in AQ and it would change in the future.

And they will realize pretty quick that it was a bad decision
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,953 Guardian
    edited October 2021

Chikel said:

The time out is only for Map 8 andI imagine the boss killer cross fights will make it easier to solo minis and bosses.
    I'm more concerned about the lack of rewards update. The price of potions, t5b, t4b and t1a have been outdated for a while now. We need more glory or a reduction in prices

Eventually the timeout removal will extend to lower maps as stated in the post.

Per the peak milestones Glory is seeing an increase of up to 1100 for full map 8. But even full map 7 should see increases of 600+. It’s being bumped up by 20-33%.
    Lol, you mean increases of UP TO TWO potions! OMG.

• World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    “What's to address? Your playstyle? The intercept you missed and you're about to die and don't want to use all the free stuff you've accumulated recently or in general”

————————————————-
    That has what exactly to do with the root cause of the problem ??

Instead of doing that , we’re getting a cheap bad aid “fix”.
    dukhntr21 said:

True Focus added to AW - players claim they nerf Quake and Ghost and get pissed.

“Corvus” timeout method removed from AQ - Kabam says they are changing the way something works while directly naming Corvus as the reason, players defend it and say thank you…..

Makes no sense to me at all. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, this is an indirect nerf to Corvus. I took him to r3, strictly for AQ. I don’t use the timeout method because frankly I don’t need to, BUT, a lot of players do and they are being affected.

They have said in the past that CG was not meant to work this way in AQ and it would change in the future.

And they will realize pretty quick that it was a bad decision
    Who did? It's a great decision to remove it.
    thepiggy said:

xNig said:

I'm just glad the Corvus timeout cheese is done and dusted.

I guess the same would be done to Hercules.

At least some people will have to finally use their brains to figure out suitable champs for their AQ paths.

The cheese was abused for sure, but a lot of the map is bs. It incentivizes high damage dealers but also needs specific utility counters that aren't usually sustainable, especially if running suicides, so Corvus was the obvious choice.

Suitable champs work fine under optimal conditions, especially if one's not expected to clear minis or bosses.
    I personally don’t think it incentivized high damage dealers. True, fights end faster, but there are ways around it.

Running suicides is a personal choice and Kabam shouldn’t be blamed for it.

I believe path planning and matching is the key to solving these issues.

Most paths, even for Map 7 currently, have sections with similar nodes, which allow players to free up a slot for minis or boss. If you couple it with a non-champ specific path in the other section, it’s 2 free slots.

As I mentioned, there are ways to avoid the issue and the solution should never be “corvus cheese”.
    edited October 2021
    thepiggy said:

xNig said:

thepiggy said:

xNig said:

I'm just glad the Corvus timeout cheese is done and dusted.

I guess the same would be done to Hercules.

At least some people will have to finally use their brains to figure out suitable champs for their AQ paths.

The cheese was abused for sure, but a lot of the map is bs. It incentivizes high damage dealers but also needs specific utility counters that aren't usually sustainable, especially if running suicides, so Corvus was the obvious choice.

Suitable champs work fine under optimal conditions, especially if one's not expected to clear minis or bosses.
    I personally don’t think it incentivized high damage dealers. True, fights end faster, but there are ways around it.

Running suicides is a personal choice and Kabam shouldn’t be blamed for it.

I believe path planning and matching is the key to solving these issues.

Most paths, even for Map 7 currently, have sections with similar nodes, which allow players to free up a slot for minis or boss. If you couple it with a non-champ specific path in the other section, it’s 2 free slots.

As I mentioned, there are ways to avoid the issue and the solution should never be “corvus cheese”.
    AQ isn't done in a vacuum or on a beta server with unlimited resources. Players have to plan across all game modes and if they're f2p and do arena all day and their war attack team revolves around suicides they can't turn them off 2 times a day to use 3 non-immunes in a painful AQ lane.

Playing map 7 isn't difficult but unit management is real and a lot of these problems would be improved if mastery swaps were free and potions were sanely priced. Healing champions for story content is already expensive, but that can be farmed. Alliance events can't.

If f2p players start spending most of their units on heals and mastery swaps and they can't buy war boosts or save for big unit deals, they should just quit.

These changes punish players for being f2p more than anything else, even unskilled players can whale their way through it, so "git gud" doesn't apply here.
    Like I mentioned, suicides is a personal choice. You sacrifice some health at the start and after specials for a 60% attack increase. It’s the cost. If the cost matters to you, then probably don’t run it. (Or you can just ask to switch a lane for AQ)

Also, if it costs you to spend units that you are unwilling to, then you likely shouldn’t be doing map 7.

Think of it as a trade of resources. For the extra glory and T5CC, how much are you willing to spend? If the answer is an amount that you can’t attain, then it’s not worth it and you shouldn’t be running that map.

Don't listen to those guys who always say **** like "if you are complaining then you are not good enough", those guys don't care about the game at all, and they never tried and will never try any end-game contents.

100%ing everything in the game and doing Map 7 isn’t considered doing end-game content? 😂
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★
    In what universe is updating the glory store complicated? It’s already divided into progression tiers.

Since the 8.5 update, we’ve been living with a glory store that sells T5b at the same price, whether you’re a day 1 TB with a rank 4 champ or someone who became uncollected last week.

The economy is totally broken, and a few simple things would go a long way - sell t5b to TB players starting at 650 glory for packages of 9000 frags. Sell T5cc for 900 glory with a purchase limit of 2.

This would make a 4700 weekly payout breakdown as follows:
    1850 for 10% t5
    1350 for 40% t5b
    625 for a full t2a
    And about 875 leftover for potions or extra resources.
    I finally gave up on suicides 6 month ago and the game isn't easier outside of AW. Things get done much faster with suicides and arena sucks now without them. So yes, you die a little less in certain game modes but as someone who spends sparingly, running suicides is the way to go if you don't care about war.

Honestly, I think this was a outrage test and it looks like enough people aren't fighting for corvus timeout. Probably due to Kabam limiting things to map 8, it was a very smart strategy. I don't think it will go well if they bring it to map 7 and below though because most map 8 guys like myself complain but we'll just get it done anyways.

@Kabam Miike don't you think removing the AQ fights timer would be a better solution and would save you a lot of anger and save us a bad taste in the mouth? also, it will encourage players to bring other slower champions to AQ.

I don’t think a dynamic map meant for 10 people can function without a timer as a failsafe.
    TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike don't you think removing the AQ fights timer would be a better solution and would save you a lot of anger and save us a bad taste in the mouth? also, it will encourage players to bring other slower champions to AQ.

I don’t think a dynamic map meant for 10 people can function without a timer as a failsafe.
    10 mins? I think that’s enough to get almost any fight done and if a game lags/hangs during that fight, with the fight bugging out and not allowing others to enter, 10mins is pretty manageable.
    xNig said:

TyEdge said:

10 mins? I think that’s enough to get almost any fight done and if a game lags/hangs during that fight, with the fight bugging out and not allowing others to enter, 10mins is pretty manageable.
    Honestly I would’ve said 5 on the toughest maps and 8-12 for bosses but sure.
  • Fightforlife22Fightforlife22 Member Posts: 10
    Wiredawg1 said:

Keonex said:

No Corvus time outs, wow thanks for doing me dirty.

I suck at this game too much to not have to time out, thanks for getting me kicked out my alliance, into a retirement one

It’s on map 8 only
    What do you mean by no corvus time out
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,730 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

🧐 I think removing the corvus time out sets a precedent that can hurt players down the road. We did time outs long before corvus was in the game. Why? Because health potions cost less then revives. If I get into a bad fight, miss a parry off the start or kid jumps on me, I time out or force close in aq. Doesn’t matter if it’s corvus or any champion.

I understand that corvus allowed a lot of players to bypass a lot, but the time out wasn’t the issue it was his signature ability. If I want to time out with a champion at 10% or less health I should be able to without the fear of forking over revives. Currently I bring corvus for one of the three iterations on map 7. That iteration I also bring g99, which is a easy solo on Apoc. So my time outs are very very minimal now a days so I’m not worried about it going away but I disagree with the method that it’s being approached. So next we will get auto KO’d for force closing? Idk, this seems silly to me in the end to make this change globally to effect all champions.

This isn't really a change for most Champions, since they already couldn't survive a Timeout at around 3% life anyways. When you have 10%, or 80%, you'll still return with 50% left, just like before.
    U can still survive at 3 procen hp but unfortunately didn’t hadn’t enough time to kill the opponent in that’s sens u basic called theme to review rather that’s a potions. That’s not a good way around it the best solution is to remove the stupid time In general it will remove the times out completely. Just my sense. Hopefully your guys take it in to consideration I’m all in for remove the times but has to be done right so you don’t hurting offer champion.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,730 ★★★★★

The timers shouldn't be completely removed from AQ. You all do not think before you speak. I can list a few obvious reasons.

1) A disgruntled player can just sit there and not allow anyone else to fight the boss or mini.
    2) Someone can accidently enter the fight and leave it up in case of an emergency. Kicking someone out after 3 minutes avoids this issue.

I don't think there needs to be any further explanation but stop saying just remove the timers.

I’m getting that’s point but the problem again is at 3 procen let said you didn’t kill him because of the time and he where’s at 1 procen but you’re dies. That’s isn’t fun at all can’t said get good because of a time preventing it I’m do get the point. With it but again see offer points and no I’m not disagree but then make the fight be large mabye 15 minutes and make it done deal or I’m gone said this changes Corvus ability that’s also one way to say nerft him with that’s be even more ridiculous to do right. Since oh no can’t nerft a champion. I’m meant if it for balance seak do and people need to learning that’s what makes game good to with balance.
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Can a Kabam employee please explain why it is literally impossible to update the glory store at the same time as the other AQ updates and not just a specific choice you are making?
    edited October 2021
    Crine60 said:

Can a Kabam employee please explain why it is literally impossible to update the glory store at the same time as the other AQ updates and not just a specific choice you are making?

I can’t find where I posted this, maybe in another thread, but for 3+ years every new season has featured a glory store update. Seasons 5, 6, 7, and 8. Nonsense.