**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

ItsDamien said:

Wasn't nameless thanos already been a boss for AQ? How is this keeping it fresh 🤣.

Also does this mean we will have rotation between Science and Mutant Global Themes??

No, nameless Thanos was not a boss.
    Yeah he was, for AQ.
    Season 1 - Ultron
    Season 2 - Venom
    Season 3 - Kang
    Season 4 - Dormammu
    Season 5 - Kingpin
    Season 6 - Thanos (Nameless)
    Season 7 - Doom
    Season 8 - Apoc/Prof X

So yeah back in Season 6 Nameless Thanos was the boss
    Wasn't there a time before seasons maybe when normal Thanos was a boss? I remember using iron fist against him
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Wasn't nameless thanos already been a boss for AQ? How is this keeping it fresh 🤣.

Also does this mean we will have rotation between Science and Mutant Global Themes??

No, nameless Thanos was not a boss.
    Yeah he was, for AQ.
    Season 1 - Ultron
    Season 2 - Venom
    Season 3 - Kang
    Season 4 - Dormammu
    Season 5 - Kingpin
    Season 6 - Thanos (Nameless)
    Season 7 - Doom
    Season 8 - Apoc/Prof X

So yeah back in Season 6 Nameless Thanos was the boss
    Wasn't there a time before seasons maybe when normal Thanos was a boss? I remember using iron fist against him
    I don't remember nameless Thanos. I only remember regular Thanos for some reason. I've played every version of AQ since it's start.
  • Options

The point is kabam created roadblocks that require Corvus sig ability. And let’s be honest. “Can not die” means just that. I’m confident in clearing my paths without his sig ability but have no doubt others will item out often now. Increasing items used to fail more sound fun?

then they should step down.. there is no roadblocks where corvus is needed, just unskilled or under developed players who dont belong. thats the fact, reality is often dissapointing, i still think 3% is way too easy to get around for people to still do the time outs
    It is people like you who are dead wrong. WHile i'm all for difficult content, AQ need not be it. It is artificial unnecessary difficulty. Nobody likes AQ, it is a chore to do. It is something you HAVE to get done, day in day out. Something to use your aq energy it sometimes undesribale circumstances.
    Kabam has artificially increased the difficulty of such game modes by making it quite punishing. I personally dont use corvus timeout but i can see the need. AQ is boring, monotonous and not fun. Last week was the best because you could bang out the fight in 30 seconds (with foresight). Artifically enhancing difficulty by making niche nodes does not make it fun. Who cares who uses what for aq and how they get it done.
    "stepping down" is stupid, that is an ignorant and apathetic suggestion. Try again.
    AQ isn't difficult. Act 6 is harder than Map 7 even with epic mods. People tend to play above their punching level or don't bring in correct champs. Map 7 with epic mods and R3 champs and now R4's, Map 7 is fine. AQ is just stale in terms of the same defenders over and over again.

People timeout more to save themselves from dying because they messed up vs timing out to down a boss.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

The point is kabam created roadblocks that require Corvus sig ability. And let’s be honest. “Can not die” means just that. I’m confident in clearing my paths without his sig ability but have no doubt others will item out often now. Increasing items used to fail more sound fun?

then they should step down.. there is no roadblocks where corvus is needed, just unskilled or under developed players who dont belong. thats the fact, reality is often dissapointing, i still think 3% is way too easy to get around for people to still do the time outs
    It is people like you who are dead wrong. WHile i'm all for difficult content, AQ need not be it. It is artificial unnecessary difficulty. Nobody likes AQ, it is a chore to do. It is something you HAVE to get done, day in day out. Something to use your aq energy it sometimes undesribale circumstances.
    Kabam has artificially increased the difficulty of such game modes by making it quite punishing. I personally dont use corvus timeout but i can see the need. AQ is boring, monotonous and not fun. Last week was the best because you could bang out the fight in 30 seconds (with foresight). Artifically enhancing difficulty by making niche nodes does not make it fun. Who cares who uses what for aq and how they get it done.
    "stepping down" is stupid, that is an ignorant and apathetic suggestion. Try again.
    People timeout more to save themselves from dying because they messed up vs timing out to down a boss.
    People also time out because of random lag that happens. One lag can cost you a majority of your health or push them to an Sp3. And please don't try to say that it isn't there, the game is filled with spikes of lag. Kabam is trying to fix it, but unless you have a smooth game, any bug or lag can be the difference between having to dump a ton of items or trying to save some. Potions and revives are ridiculously expensive.

I get why Kabam may not want people to use the Corvus cheese.
    But how does it affect players if others do it? AQ isn't a competitive mode where if someone from alliance A does the Corvus cheese, it will affect Alliance B. It isn't war. Honestly, how does it matter?
  • Options

people do not like aq because its too stale, and some dont like it cause they have use 30 minutes timing out with corvus to get by. i can see why that would be boring. its a ridicilous exploit and always have been. anyone and their mother could do it and get by, it doesnt require even the slightest amount of skill
    Add in "some". And this does not affect corvus only, Herc and g99 are also in it.
    Again, i dont care, I use Claire most of my runs, but there is a reason behind why it is being used. Remove the reason, and the method will vanish.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

people do not like aq because its too stale, and some dont like it cause they have use 30 minutes timing out with corvus to get by. i can see why that would be boring. its a ridicilous exploit and always have been. anyone and their mother could do it and get by, it doesnt require even the slightest amount of skill
    Wait….people really used 30mins to time out over and over again with Corvus? If so that’s a serious case of them needing to get better and or bring better champs. I’d rather use a potion or 2 after w fight than take 30mins timing out over and over again
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

People also time out because of random lag that happens. One lag can cost you a majority of your health or push them to an Sp3. And please don't try to say that it isn't there, the game is filled with spikes of lag. Kabam is trying to fix it, but unless you have a smooth game, any bug or lag can be the difference between having to dump a ton of items or trying to save some. Potions and revives are ridiculously expensive.

But how does it affect players if others do it? AQ isn't a competitive mode where if someone from alliance A does the Corvus cheese, it will affect Alliance B. It isn't war. Honestly, how does it matter?
    Bc alliances just assume everyone is okay with doing it and put little to no effort in actually planning paths anymore bc someone can just timeout if they're having a hard time.
  • Options

Bc alliances just assume everyone is okay with doing it and put little to no effort in actually planning paths anymore bc someone can just timeout if they're having a hard time.
    That's generalizing. There will be alliances doing it. But it's not like every alliance is doing it. And if an alliance forces you to timeout because they don't want to plan, then just leave.
  • Options

That's generalizing. There will be alliances doing it. But it's not like every alliance is doing it. And if an alliance forces you to timeout because they don't want to plan, then just leave.
    Shouldn't the ones wanting/needing to time out just play lower content?
  • Options
    Barca3bar3Barca3bar3 Posts: 25

@Kabam Miike No Glory Store update. I figured that but was hopeful. So is there still no Map crystal update? They haven’t been updated in years nor has the contents of the Map 8 crystal have been released. Care to enlighten up, please.

Looks like they plan to update glory store AFTER releasing map-8, or let's say, after players wasted a lot of resources and started to scream.
    This is pretty predictable behavior of Kabam
    Glory Store updates have been on the Mid Season Update a few times. It is not possible for us to do an update of everything at once since AQ is so large.
    Seems like it would just be updating values to things that already exist, not creating anything new. This looks like a matter of motivation (keeping map crystals and glory store well behind a 6* r3/4 meta) rather than perspiration (not having the time or energy to accomplish what appears to be a relatively simple task).

I don’t question that developing map 8 was a big task. It’s hard to decipher to what benefit all that effort was focused though.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike No Glory Store update. I figured that but was hopeful. So is there still no Map crystal update? They haven’t been updated in years nor has the contents of the Map 8 crystal have been released. Care to enlighten up, please.

Looks like they plan to update glory store AFTER releasing map-8, or let's say, after players wasted a lot of resources and started to scream.
    This is pretty predictable behavior of Kabam
    Glory Store updates have been on the Mid Season Update a few times. It is not possible for us to do an update of everything at once since AQ is so large.
    Seems like it would just be updating values to things that already exist, not creating anything new. This looks like a matter of motivation (keeping map crystals and glory store well behind a 6* r3/4 meta) rather than perspiration (not having the time or energy to accomplish what appears to be a relatively simple task).

I don’t question that developing map 8 was a big task. It’s hard to decipher to what benefit all that effort was focused though.
    perspiration

• Options
    edited October 2021

Depends on what you count as timing out. If an alliance is only depending on timeout to clear every single part of the map, then yes. If someone is using it once it a while as a fail safe if the game lags/freezes or AI just doesn't cooperate, what's the big deal? Or if using it to bea the final boss like Apoc. I don't see how it affects the other alliances playing AQ. It saves items but costs time. Fair trade.
    But acting like this cheese is something game breaking makes no sense. If you want to waste the better part of your day timing out just to finish a map, good for you. Waste your time doing it. How does it affect me?
    The outrage in here is as if you're personally slighted by someone timing out
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★

Perhaps.

Shouldnt kabam address the need for timing out ?
  • Options

The most disingenuous part of this argument is people acting like AQ map 7 is so hard that it needs to be done by Corvus or most people wouldn't play it. It is simply not true. Corvus saves items and it is smart to take advantage of his ability not to die. Most players and I can speak on this because I recruit all the time, only have problems with certain paths due to rosters limitations.

The lanes that were actually really hard have been altered by removing champions such as Bishop, Domino, and Hulkbuster to name a few. If Corvus timeout is removed, all that will happen is Kabam collecting more units through potions and revives. People aren't going to up and quit map 7 and refuse to play map 8 because of it. I don't understand everyone acting like map 7 is this devastating game mode, that people can only be done with Corvus. After a month or two people would simply adjust and the game would go on with an inconvenient use of items.

Then why are so many people crying about it being removed? There are absolutely people that can only finish the map bc of being able to timeout. Is it most people? No. There are still a lot that just won't be able to keep up with potions that shouldn't be doing map 7 to begin with
  • Options

The most disingenuous part of this argument is people acting like AQ map 7 is so hard that it needs to be done by Corvus or most people wouldn't play it. It is simply not true. Corvus saves items and it is smart to take advantage of his ability not to die. Most players and I can speak on this because I recruit all the time, only have problems with certain paths due to rosters limitations.

The lanes that were actually really hard have been altered by removing champions such as Bishop, Domino, and Hulkbuster to name a few. If Corvus timeout is removed, all that will happen is Kabam collecting more units through potions and revives. People aren't going to up and quit map 7 and refuse to play map 8 because of it. I don't understand everyone acting like map 7 is this devastating game mode, that people can only be done with Corvus. After a month or two people would simply adjust and the game would go on with an inconvenient use of items.

Then why are so many people crying about it being removed? There are absolutely people that can only finish the map bc of being able to timeout. Is it most people? No. There are still a lot that just won't be able to keep up with potions that shouldn't be doing map 7 to begin with
    It's a good safety net to have for many on the offchance that you need it. The game is riddled with issues. And potions/revives are overly expensive.
    Again, it isn't a competitive mode. Nor is it a single player mode that Kabam is going to nerf. How does it matter if people do it? They're wasting a major part of their day. That is the trade off
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★

Probably becuz there’s 0 info about what health% we will now punished for if we time out and that AQ has operated this way for 6 years.

This isn’t a corvus issue only, it’s going to effect other champs. Why kill my champ who survived just because I timed out ?
  • Options

Probably becuz there’s 0 info about what health% we will now punished for if we time out and that AQ has operated this way for 6 years.

This isn’t a corvus issue only, it’s going to effect other champs. Why kill my champ who survived just because I timed out ?
    Miike said 3 percent earlier.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Perhaps.

I did and Mike responded that they are looking to see if they can increase the timers and avoid timeout for the new map
  • Options

Perhaps.

What's to address? Your playstyle? The intercept you missed and you're about to die and don't want to use all the free stuff you've accumulated recently or in general?
  • Options
    SADDANSADDAN Posts: 23
    You should increase the fight time at m7 onwards, 3 minutes is not enough. They're going to finish off Corvus anyway...