**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Season 9 and Map 8 - Coming Nov 19 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cap366Cap366 Posts: 130
    Im excited for the spider verse nodes though. I love the spider characters even though Ive missed s2099 that last few featured crystals
  • Options
    Barca3bar3Barca3bar3 Posts: 25

LordPSN said:

Any updates in glory store??

We're looking at a Glory Store update in the Mid Season. We tend to split the updates in AQ because they're pretty large so it's not very easy for us to do it all at once.
    So no change to the contents of map crystals to bring them in line with the current meta and no Glory Store update to bring it in line with the current meta?

Well, thanks for spending 99% of the time developing a new map that affects 1% of the players. Would’ve been nice if a little more thought and effort was given toward keeping things moving forward for the rest of us.
  • Options
    Nkrzykwa1Nkrzykwa1 Posts: 90
    edited October 2021
    @Kabam Miike what about honor rewards? Map 8 does nothing for players outside top 45 if honor rewards aren’t updated
  • Options
    SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Any confirmation on actual ticket cost? The announcement isn’t exactly clear if it’s same as m7 now at 15 tickets a day or now 30.
  • Options
    SCZ said:

Any confirmation on actual ticket cost? The announcement isn’t exactly clear if it’s same as m7 now at 15 tickets a day or now 30.

Map 7 will be 15 tickets per Player per day, which is 150 tickets per BG per Day (75 per player per series, if you do 5 days of Map 7)
    Map 8 will be 30 tickets per Player per day, which is 300 tickets per BG per Day (150 per player per series, if you do 5 days of Map 8)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

SCZ said:

Map 7 will be 15 tickets per Player per day, which is 150 tickets per BG per Day (75 per player per series, if you do 5 days of Map 7)
    Map 8 will be 30 tickets per Player per day, which is 300 tickets per BG per Day (150 per player per series, if you do 5 days of Map 8)
    So twice the cost but not double the rewards. 🙄
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Update: please check the main post (latest reply) for PDF of the maps so you can all get a clearer look at them! :)

is there ETA for when we will be able to get closer look at exactly what nodes we will be facing in map 8 so we can plan for it in advance?
  • Options
    DingusKahnDingusKahn Posts: 12
    The point is kabam created roadblocks that require Corvus sig ability. And let’s be honest. “Can not die” means just that. I’m confident in clearing my paths without his sig ability but have no doubt others will item out often now. Increasing items used to fail more sound fun?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Jaded said:

SCZ said:

So twice the cost but not double the rewards. 🙄
    By your logic map 7 should provide infinite rewards compared to map 6.

At least the cost is better for map 7. I am sitting on 2100 tickets been buying 99 every week with gold and 1 with loyalty. All set for map 8 just want them to release nodes and champs. As it will be online the next day driving traffic to other sites.
    My logic? The eye roll means sarcasm, learn to read buddy. Poking fun at those mentioning it costs too much. I also have stockpiled a ton of tickets. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The timers shouldn't be completely removed from AQ. You all do not think before you speak. I can list a few obvious reasons.

1) A disgruntled player can just sit there and not allow anyone else to fight the boss or mini.
    2) Someone can accidently enter the fight and leave it up in case of an emergency. Kicking someone out after 3 minutes avoids this issue.

I don't think there needs to be any further explanation but stop saying just remove the timers.

Easy put a timer on pausing and for your first point kick that player. There is no reason for an alliance to keep a dsgruntled player. For the other person saying someone is fighting 45 minutes to get aegon to 999 combo ... well fight would be long over wouldnt it before hitting 999??
    That's not how it works. People don't tell you they're disgruntled when they want revenge on an alliance lol.

Secondly, you're asking Kabam to add another piece of technology that deals with pausing and force kicking game play and they can't even get the game to work as intended. How smart is that? smh
  • Options

Nobody that actually plays this game at the top level would defend “removal of Corvus timeout method.” Or claim it “makes the game stale.” There was a time when I’d put up with this. But the game is already on life support so this greedy tone deaf Corvus nerf is just what I need to hang it up. On a positive note, Black Friday deals won’t cost me a fortune this year

Maybe you just need to get better at the game? Seems all that spending you might have done was just a crutch.
    Maybe u aren’t a player at all? Maybe nobody that plays with me at the extreme top level of this game thinks like you? Maybe you’ve never had to timeout through Apoc boss linked with an Do You Bleed just to save 30 people a 10% t5cc when some new recruit items out on DYB
    He will never acknowledge any of that because every AQ he runs is smooth and he can take out Apoc with a do you bleed node with quake lol.

Oh and the rare case it doesn't go smoothly he will say the alliance deserves to lose if a new member items out as long as you don't use Corvus timeout to finish the map lol.
  • Options

The timers shouldn't be completely removed from AQ. You all do not think before you speak. I can list a few obvious reasons.

1) A disgruntled player can just sit there and not allow anyone else to fight the boss or mini.
    2) Someone can accidently enter the fight and leave it up in case of an emergency. Kicking someone out after 3 minutes avoids this issue.

I don't think there needs to be any further explanation but stop saying just remove the timers.

Don't be so naive that there aren't alternative solutions. Let us fight to the death with whoever we like and put a timer on the pause instead. Have an emergency, got another call, have to get your kid a glass of chocolate milk, need to go take a 💩?... Put a time limit on that pause - maybe 3 minutes, if you needed more than that - well, the pause will expire and you will get smacked in the face and die and someone else can get in. This will make it so that a fight can't be infinitely tied up.
    Again, you're tasking Kabam with new technology for the game that doesn't exist and they can't even get their own game to run smoothly. How does that make sense? smh
  • Options

Secondly, as an alliance leader I would say the Corvus timeout method has helped my alliance personally countless times when a member jumps mid AQ, a node is left up due to an emergence or a number of circumstances that can pop up during AQ.

If you want to brag about how much you don't need Corvus good for you, but I think Kabam should consider rethinking this. Nobody wants AQ to be hard, it is already a chore as presently constructed. This would be a move backwards in my opinion.

Yeah I'm sorry but you shouldn't have an infinite free get out of jail free card no matter what. Yes things happen in real life but that's when you decide what's more important as an alliance, your ranks or your members. This should have been done ages ago and thankfully they finally found their backbone
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Maybe at your level people don't leave randomly and you always make top 5 but that is not my reality. I honestly don't want AQ to be hard, period. If people want to cheese Corvus because it is easier, that's what makes sense to me.

Hopefully there will be enough people on this level who can change Kabam's mind. It isn't going to stop top 20 alliances like myself from running map 8 either way.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,031 ★★★★★

Nobody that actually plays this game at the top level would defend “removal of Corvus timeout method.” Or claim it “makes the game stale.” There was a time when I’d put up with this. But the game is already on life support so this greedy tone deaf Corvus nerf is just what I need to hang it up. On a positive note, Black Friday deals won’t cost me a fortune this year

Maybe you just need to get better at the game? Seems all that spending you might have done was just a crutch.
    Maybe u aren’t a player at all? Maybe nobody that plays with me at the extreme top level of this game thinks like you? Maybe you’ve never had to timeout through Apoc boss linked with an Do You Bleed just to save 30 people a 10% t5cc when some new recruit items out on DYB
    I've played map 7 w/epic modifiers. I played it for a long time.
  • Options

He will never acknowledge any of that because every AQ he runs is smooth and he can take out Apoc with a do you bleed node with quake lol.

Oh and the rare case it doesn't go smoothly he will say the alliance deserves to lose if a new member items out as long as you don't use Corvus timeout to finish the map lol.
    I don't use the quake crutch either 🤷
  • Options

I don't use the quake crutch either 🤷
    It was a joke..quake doesn't work against Apocalypse.
  • Options
    ByrneWas said:

Great job KABAM not fixing parry bugs but removing gameplay that favors players. As always $$$$ bottom line. No Corvus = no AQ. Nice playing with you for 4+ years.

I mean... they've already told you how long it's going to take to fix the parry bug. You think the game wasn't going to continue to move forward?
  • Options
    Simmons253Simmons253 Posts: 40
    @Kabam Miike No Glory Store update. I figured that but was hopeful. So is there still no Map crystal update? They haven’t been updated in years nor has the contents of the Map 8 crystal have been released. Care to enlighten up, please.
  • Options
    rischiorischio Posts: 163
    edited October 2021
    Rektor said:

So if I legitimately run out of time in the 3 mins allotted, using someone other than Corvus, then I’m KO’d?

no. Only if you have "very low health".
  • Options
    Mr79Mr79 Posts: 4
    Exciting HA! Would really prefer a game fix…. These game crashes in AQ!!