**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    I assume what Miike is talking about is an increase in the gold drop rates. So while the minimum hasn't increased, the overall drop rates of the crystal will yield a 30% increase to the gold you would have received prior to the adjustment.

For instance, if 100 crystals typically yielded 100,000 gold on average, it will now yield 130,000 gold on average.
  • ErrangErrang Posts: 57

ChriissR said:

2StarKing said:

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Please do get a better explanation because the previous explaination was a 30% per crystal not over a batch of crystals.
    It is 30% per crystal. 30% of 1 crystal is barely anything, that's what he in stating. If you get 10k Gold and it's a 30% boost, you'll get 13k. Opening a few hundred you will actually notice the boost. That's what Mike is talking about.

Except it’s not 30% per crystal. If that were the case, the minimum would have increased by 30%. We can clearly see it hasn’t. They seemingly did something with the odds to “average out to a 30% increase” which is why people are mad. They made it seem as if they’d do a flat 30% increase to all crystals, just like the old boost did at 20%.
    Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.
    Think it’s a simple case of misunderstanding — people were under the impression that there would be a flat 30% increase to any pulls.

But from what you’re saying the amount pulled per crystal (apart from the minimum) has the 30% increase and popping enough of them will net the 30% increase you guys mentioned?
  • RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

I’m going to open some but the uncollected gold crystals etc still read the same old amount. Is this just a visual issue or is it just the drop chance for the higher amount increased?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Is
    Is that 15k a boosted ammount?... Cause if its not the boost is not working

That’s the normal amount
  • Zeraphan said:

ChriissR said:

2StarKing said:

Please do get a better explanation because the previous explaination was a 30% per crystal not over a batch of crystals.
    It is 30% per crystal. 30% of 1 crystal is barely anything, that's what he in stating. If you get 10k Gold and it's a 30% boost, you'll get 13k. Opening a few hundred you will actually notice the boost. That's what Mike is talking about.

Except it’s not 30% per crystal. If that were the case, the minimum would have increased by 30%. We can clearly see it hasn’t. They seemingly did something with the odds to “average out to a 30% increase” which is why people are mad. They made it seem as if they’d do a flat 30% increase to all crystals, just like the old boost did at 20%.
    Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.
    If I open a gold crystal right now I will get 2500 gold (instead of the previous 2400) gold.
    With the "gold event" I would have gotten 2880 because it had a 20% boost.

This change doesn't guarantee 30% more gold and requires RNG to get more gold because some crystals still have the same amount at the lower levels of the rewards (which we all know happens more often than higher levels).

The implication of your original announcement was a flat 30% increase to all values of gold in crystals.
    That's understandable. I was a little vague in that post but purposely said "approximately 30%" because we did know that it will never be a 1 to 1 increase. I'm still getting more info from the Math folks on the methods to their madness, and will share what their thoughts were.