Are you kidding with the 7* pool Kabam???

KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76
The TITAN crystal is the absolute highest chase item in the game in terms of what it takes to get there. You have to duplicate enough of the highest rarity champs in the game or complete in the top teirs of the most competitive content in the game in order to get 20,000 shards for a Titan crystal. And beyond that, there are some remarkable duds in that pool, but hey....at least they are exclusive and rare to that crystal so perhaps a bit of consolation to a collector.

I saved up enough shards to open a Titan crystal last week and pulled Stryfe, only to open my game and find that now that 20,000 titan shard champion is available with 15,000 basic 7* shards.

This is enraging. I am usually always on Kabam's side and sure I'm glad to see the basic pool expanding. But to take Titan Crystal champions and add them to the basic pool with no warning or communication. I've never felt as though I'd been slapped in the face as this. I absolutely can not believe it. Since playing from December of 2014, nothing has made me want to uninstall the game as much as this. Although the Doctor Strange nerf months after they sold him as a high ticket item is a close second....

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax Please tell me that players who opened a titan crystal to receive a now basic pool champ are somehow going to be made whole... this is ridiculous.

Comments

• KRACETOSKRACETOS Member Posts: 76

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the timing on this, but this has been very clearly communicated time and time again as how the Titan pool works. It's been in most every communication on 7-Star Champion acquisition, including videos, live streams, and the very first post we made about 7-Stars that was shared in-game, and everywhere else we could.

Every two months, a new pool of 6 Champions will enter the Titan Crystal, and one of the pools of 6 Champions will rotate out of the crystal into the Base Pool.

This is from this post here, that we shared in-game: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/7-star-champions/
    I've been present and listened to every live stream and it was not clear. Not everyone reads every forum post.

It would be great to get some in game mail with important things like this.
    Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the timing on this, but this has been very clearly communicated time and time again as how the Titan pool works. It's been in most every communication on 7-Star Champion acquisition, including videos, live streams, and the very first post we made about 7-Stars that was shared in-game, and everywhere else we could.

Every two months, a new pool of 6 Champions will enter the Titan Crystal, and one of the pools of 6 Champions will rotate out of the crystal into the Base Pool.

This is from this post here, that we shared in-game: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/7-star-champions/
    I've been present and listened to every live stream and it was not clear. Not everyone reads every forum post.

Reading is hard apparently

It is still frustrating that the only way to obtain this kind of information is to watch a live stream or dig into forum posts. The fact that you can't have transparent and clear visibility on these types of things in-game is very frustrating.

Why not have like a champion calendar tab in-game to see this. Or even in-game mail to provide notice. I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for players that may not have access to the forums or the bandwidth to watch a live stream.

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

Sorry, no pitchforks today.

This wasn't a Trello Board meme level "notification" event. This wasn't an instance of them giving us zero notice like the Black Market update. This wasn't an instance of very short or conflicting notice like the Commissary.

This was very clear, very publicized and they made multiple efforts to make this known to us.
    It sounds like you put zero effort into actually searching for this information. No-one expects you to read every forum post, but if you had even bothered to put the smallest amount of effort into searching for this, you would have found it.
    So I suppose best practice then is to dive into forum posts every time you want to open a crystal, just in case.

The point I'm trying to make is why does Kabam not see fit to communicate important information like this IN-GAME. it would be so easy to have a calendar schedule or even an in-game email with "Next Month's upcoming crystal changes" Just like they do with the update tab or in game email.

You are missing the point of frustration

KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

It is still frustrating that the only way to obtain this kind of information is to watch a live stream or dig into forum posts. The fact that you can't have transparent and clear visibility on these types of things in-game is very frustrating.

Why not have like a champion calendar tab in-game to see this. Or even in-game mail to provide notice. I can't imagine how infuriating it must be for players that may not have access to the forums or the bandwidth to watch a live stream.
    We sent this out in-game via in-game mail. We can't fit all of that text into an in-game message, so we link out to Blog Posts.
    I'd love to know the email we received in-game about the titan crystal, as I do not recall a single one. Perhaps you may be referring to a more generalized email that didn't refer to anything specific and directed you to a blog that covered a large umbrella of information that might have included this...

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here or beat a dead horse but consider the authorial intent that I'm trying to convey. You have a player that has attended every live stream, participates in all corners of the contest, and tries to skim through forum posts about upcoming updates and even I missed this MASSIVE piece of news or didn't miss it but it was communicated in such a way that it did not stand out enough for me to even acknowledged its existence.

You can't be expected to impact 100% of the player base and have the retention of every bit of information every time. I get that. But I'd love some consideration about making things like this clearer in-game.

A champion rotation calendar where you could have timers on their profile pics, would be amazing, and seemingly very easy to do. Or an in-game email that can be nearly automated and copy-paste can go out saying "Next Month's upcoming Crystal Updates".

Additional in-game communication is always welcomed by the player base and the resources for such can't in good conscious have have any reasonable argument against it.

KRACETOS said:

You are missing the point of frustration

No - you are moving the goal posts.

You started by saying there was no communication of the Titan pool being rotated out. That was proven to be false.

You then stated that you're on every live stream and it was never mentioned - you can't be expected to read every forum post. That again, was proven to be false as the original announcement (before the forum posts) was made on live stream.

You then state that there could have been an in-game message. Once again, proven to be something that happened.

There have been posts here regularly over the past couple of months regarding the pools rotating and whether or not people should wait. YouTubers have been commenting on it in their streams and videos because they keep being asked by viewers and they themselves are debating about whether or not to open a crystal or wait.

Your frustration is misplaced. Your every complaint has been met with "this was done." and yet you're still presenting yourself as outraged. No, even worse, you're trying to indicate that it's justified outrage.

Do you want Kabam to call you up? Knock on your door? Should they check in with you personally and ask permission before a change is made?

What's this? You're expected to make a modicum of effort to find information that's being literally provided to you through three different mediums? How dare they!?!

If there's information that you really want to know - here's a thought, search for it. Because it was more than available for you to find.
    No, there has absolutely not been an in-game communication with details surrounding the champion pools. Otherwise I'd have never opened my Titan crystal. The only way to have gotten the information is outside of the game.
    Kabam Jax said:

KRACETOS said:

KRACETOS said:

Pikolu said:

KRACETOS said:

Hey there,

We sent this out in-game via in-game mail. We can't fit all of that text into an in-game message, so we link out to Blog Posts.
    I'd love to know the email we received in-game about the titan crystal, as I do not recall a single one. Perhaps you may be referring to a more generalized email that didn't refer to anything specific and directed you to a blog that covered a large umbrella of information that might have included this...

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here or beat a dead horse but consider the authorial intent that I'm trying to convey. You have a player that has attended every live stream, participates in all corners of the contest, and tries to skim through forum posts about upcoming updates and even I missed this MASSIVE piece of news or didn't miss it but it was communicated in such a way that it did not stand out enough for me to even acknowledged its existence.

You can't be expected to impact 100% of the player base and have the retention of every bit of information every time. I get that. But I'd love some consideration about making things like this clearer in-game.

A champion rotation calendar where you could have timers on their profile pics, would be amazing, and seemingly very easy to do. Or an in-game email that can be nearly automated and copy-paste can go out saying "Next Month's upcoming Crystal Updates".

Additional in-game communication is always welcomed by the player base and the resources for such can't in good conscious have have any reasonable argument against it.
    I just think that "additional in-game communication" will also be missed. If we communicated it in 4 places already... what's to say the 5th will take?
    "The 5th" should be "The 1st".

The game itself is the only place you can guarantee every player has access. I'm amazed at the amount of player base that doesn't access the forums, or rely on content creators to bring important information about the game that just isn't accessible in the game itself.

But I digress. Apparently yes, this was communicated and I completely missed the 4 mediums.

Let this be a feature request or an idea submission then. As I mention to Miike,

I think a very low resource intensive quality of life improvement could be a simple automated email or even update (the communication that cant be deleted by players) to the affect of "Upcoming Cyrstal Update" that goes out each month. To help players plan ahead and better manage their resources. Or even a simple "Champion Update Calendar" in the same place as the other calendars.

I have most people disagree with my post and that's fine. But recently it can't be denied that things being sprung on players without notice is a recurring theme. And I even think Miike sent out a message that there is no amount of notice that will satisfy all of the player base. But that statement shouldn't be a crutch to lean on to simply not address that strides can be made.

Even 30 day notices would be great. I don't think a single player would be upset with a "Hello summoners, next month's update will include changes to the Black Market Store" or something to that affect.

I get some things can't be spoiled and you'd like us to have surprises. But things like this the players would welcome communication.
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Another installment of "Forum user cannot read before posting"

The sad part is that Miike legitimately made a comment addressing this very thing like, two or three days ago when he was talking about their decision to not publicize the Black Iso Market update.

He commented that no matter how much advanced notice they give, or how much effort they make to notify people, it will still be missed and people will still complain.

Now, ignoring the differences between the Sigil Store update and this scenario; clearly, this thread proves the core principle of Miike's point.

Truly sitcom level of comedic timing
    Yes but this shouldn't be license to simply not communicate. "Well they are gonna complain anyway so lets simply not give notice." Rather, they should approach it as "well we got 150 complaints with a 30 day notice. Lets try a 45 day with a 15 day reminder and see if we can't get that number down."

They should use metrics and adjust.