Should MCOC stop with 5 energy per move quests?

Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
edited March 18 in General Discussion
I'm seeing a trend in the 5 energy per move content, with WoW and now this alliance war showcase, and I'm not liking it one bit.

I just wanted to hear what the general consensus is on that.

Should MCOC stop with 5 energy per move quests? 181 votes

Yes
86%
Madman_marvinGroundedWisdomNightwing2380Talha305RajaDanielRandKDoggg2017ChovnerNanoDroidMaverick75TerraSundance_2099Foxhero007Mqc19GuzmaNojokejaymgohard123Atta_MasterkikiFurieuxBrokenNoOnexRO 156 votes
No
13%
PantherusNZJinxesaxeMonk1SyndicatedanggafkRockyshockyRebarkItsClobberinTimeBayle The DreadDoctor_Strange19Gogiid1575ShiroMikazukiXamloSirGamesBondFr4s3rAvnishA_FungiMasterAAecyn 25 votes

Comments

• Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    Yes

Didn't realize so many of you wanted us to up the Energy cost to 10 per step...

15 actually, we have too many energy refills about to go to waste.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,422 ★★★★★
    1 full energy fill per tile, goes great with the 2 hour timer
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Member Posts: 722 ★★★
    Yes
    It’s like energy cost in Winter of Woe: why bother players with that?
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

new forum rule no posting if you have more disagrees than agrees

That loads the assumption that I trust the reasoning of most forum goers when it comes to things they agree with. I promise that isn’t the case
    I would swear this post came from a GroundedWisdom alt.

Well, the Bible doesn’t specifically say that Im not GW. On the other hand Im an atheist, so I suppose we’ll never know
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    No
    How many discussions are you going to post in 1 day? I see you more than Drax
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,261 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

That loads the assumption that I trust the reasoning of most forum goers when it comes to things they agree with. I promise that isn’t the case

Well, the Bible doesn’t specifically say that Im not GW. On the other hand Im an atheist, so I suppose we’ll never know
    Why did this make me laugh so hard bro lmaooo
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,355 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

If you squint really hard Suros_moon looks like GroundedWisdom
    Not usually, but there are very few people I can think of that would say "load the assumption."
    Yes
    I'm guessing a lot of "illiterate" people have been engaging with my posts.
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    It makes sense that it’s balanced per map.
    I think it only hurts the burst or toilet bowl players.

The folks that don’t play daily, and can jump in once in a while to try to knock out a quest.
    It’s impossible to please everyone.

But I have to say it would be awesome if they kept up this shortened timer for energy.
    edited March 19
    Yes
    Another reason could be, is that i have put some ideas out there with good intent, but the ideas themselves were just plain bad for one reason or another.
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★
    Here math is plain and simple, put lots of energy related content by saying energy refill is easily available in many content reward and then silently remove then and gradually everybody starts spending units on energy refill as well.

Just normal schemes run by kabam.
    Everything start sucking up units now, AW / Incursion / Almost all Everest content / Battleground (as there are op defenders and you can only get them by spending units) / AI behaviour/ parry issue and what not. Even all monthly quest and side quest have some nodes which more often cause even with r5 and R2 to need revives.
  • Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Member Posts: 143 ★★
    I just don't understand earlier with r4 was enough to clear side quest easily and now with r5 I have to use revives and there is no reward update for monthly quest, just insane amount of unstoppable and unblockable also most of time dex won't work.
    So, moye[$] moye[$] :)
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Yes
    I don't like it.

I think 5 energy is a bit much, but I don't believe they nerfed the ability to farm energy though, only revives. I could be wrong. If I'm not wrong though and people are really complaining this much - energy is truly a valuable resource. Why would you farm for revives but not for energy refills?

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    edited March 19
    Yes
    What I don't get is, Showcase is supposed to resemble AW, but then why it costs five energy per node while in AW it's only one? What's the thought behind it?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,422 ★★★★★
    I want war boosts for this 😤
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian

What I don't get is, Showcase is supposed to resemble AW, but then why it costs five energy per node while in AW it's only one? What's the thought behind it?

You want to use your war energy on this quest instead and have to wait a long time to finish it or spend 60 units for an additional 6 energy?
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 411 ★★★
    That was your first mistake.
  • TheFifty9SoundTheFifty9Sound Member Posts: 23
    Yes
    All I have to say is that Winter of Woe was so much more enjoyable this round with the energy timer halved.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Yes
    DNA3000 said:

I'm seeing a trend in the 5 energy per move content, with WoW and now this alliance war showcase, and I'm not liking it one bit.

You do realize that energy is balanced per map, not per step right? If you changed energy from 5 per step to 3 per step, there would just be more steps.

What you're really saying, I assume, is that you want everything to cost less energy overall. Which begs the question, why have content cost energy at all? I think if someone wants to advocate for things to cost less energy, they should either be honest and state that they think things should cost no energy and are pushing for energy costs to be as low as they can get away with, or explain why X energy is too much, but Y energy is just right.
    The issue isn't necessarily the cost alone, it's the content that is challenging to the point that it requires restarting, testing, strategizing, and finding the most efficient way to complete it. Energy itself is a penalty, of course. It's a limiting factor. When the content is rife with challenge and one misstep means you're either starting over again or falling into a sinkhole of Resources, then that factor becomes much, much more limiting.
    Personally I'm not on the same page as adding that extra layer. It seems unnecessary, and last month it cost me all the Energy I had for a Fight I never got past.