**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Synergies on AW Defense [Under Investigation]

Comments

• JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    bumped
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey folks. I'll take this one to the team and get back to you asap. Thanks for bearing with me.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Thank you Wolf!
  • Yarg2015Yarg2015 Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike can you ask the Dev if the Synergies are working in AW?
  • Thank you guys for bringing this to our attention, we're looking into this right now.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Thanks! It definitely isn't working for at least Morningstar as I ranked up her and Guillotine for their synergy and the other alliance has reported that Morningstar is never starting with 1 soul.
    Any updates?
    Any update on this issue? TIA
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    edited January 2018
    Agreed, an update would be nice. I bring Guilly for my unduped MS which is apparently now pointless so would appreciate an answer on when we can expect this to be fixed.

Edit: added two pics of my MS with 8 KOs and still sitting at 0 charges despite Guilly on team.

ftcvai0e87pj.png

fmzpm70bme89.png

No updates yet, but the team is aware and are looking into it. I'll post an update once they have a fix version. Thanks!
  • Zakonn1Zakonn1 Posts: 30
    Is it just unique synergys not working or are all synergys not working?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 12
    ive also noticed in AW the synergies with Thor Ragnarok, Hela and Angela dont seem to be working (revive with 20% health, increasing chance).
    @Kabam Miike any updates?
    Hey folks. No update just yet, but it's still being worked on. We'll let everyone know more asap. Thanks again for bearing with us.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Synergies, or at least unique synergies, should never work in AWD. Unique synergies add powerful abilities to champs and once champ portraits are hidden again, you would have no way to plan for these situations. This adds a whole new level of random to war offence and can result in almost impossible matchups in some cases unless you bring some very specific champs. For example, if you place MS with meph synergy on a power start 1 node, she'd have an L3 ready to at the beginning of the fight, or place ant man with doc ock and he's a walking thorns node. You'd have no way to avoid or prepare for such fights
    15 days since original post and still no update about this?!?!
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Yeah can we have a comment from mods or the team about whether or not this should work and just isn’t due to a bug or if it’s not supposed to work?

Would help in making rank up decisions.

I’m not asking for an immediate fix, just confirmation one way or the other.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Synergies, or at least unique synergies, should never work in AWD. Unique synergies add powerful abilities to champs and once champ portraits are hidden again, you would have no way to plan for these situations. This adds a whole new level of random to war offence and can result in almost impossible matchups in some cases unless you bring some very specific champs. For example, if you place MS with meph synergy on a power start 1 node, she'd have an L3 ready to at the beginning of the fight, or place ant man with doc ock and he's a walking thorns node. You'd have no way to avoid or prepare for such fights

Once the champ portraits are hidden again you can't plan ahead about specific champs anyway..
    There's even a thread about this that started in December that got the same "no updates at this time" reply....

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41071/synergies-on-aw-defense#latest
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

I completely disagree with you. It adds an extra layer of strategy to defensive placements and an extra layer of challenge to attack. Not every war should be 100% to 100%.

What challenge? You won't even know if the next mystic on the map will hit you with an sp3 right at the beginning of a fight. Or if that science champ on the bleed/poison node will have a permanent thorns buff or not. You could at least plan for these abilities in the original war because they were granted by nodes and you knew which nodes were on your path. With unique synergies, any champ on the map might have those abilities and you'd have no way of knowing
    Zakonn1 wrote: »

Once the champ portraits are hidden again you can't plan ahead about specific champs anyway..
    That's what I said in my post...
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

I completely disagree with you. It adds an extra layer of strategy to defensive placements and an extra layer of challenge to attack. Not every war should be 100% to 100%.

What tier are you playing war in? Come to (the lower half) and it’s tier 1 and it’s not 100% to 100%. The noses and champs in tier 1 are insane compared to tier 2 and below. When we drop down, we 100% everything with little item use. But in tier 1, people are burning potions left and right on both sides. I may stop playing war if champs get hidden again bc it will be borderline impossible with what the nodes are now, particularly when combined with unique synergies.

Please tell us. What war tier are you in?
    Run477 wrote: »

What tier are you playing war in? Come to (the lower half) and it’s tier 1 and it’s not 100% to 100%. The noses and champs in tier 1 are insane compared to tier 2 and below. When we drop down, we 100% everything with little item use. But in tier 1, people are burning potions left and right on both sides. I may stop playing war if champs get hidden again bc it will be borderline impossible with what the nodes are now, particularly when combined with unique synergies.

Please tell us. What war tier are you in?

I've been in a bunch of different tiers. 3 currently, but I've been in 1 plenty in the past. I'm well aware of how difficult the current tier 1 war is.

Synergies are supposed to work on defense. If you can't clear a map without pots, maybe take the loss. You should be losing about 1/2 your wars if the system worked perfectly.
  • Ash_iz_HamAsh_iz_Ham Posts: 34
    Even just an acknowledgement that they are not working would be helpful for those making decisions about rank ups and defense teams
  • Ash_iz_HamAsh_iz_Ham Posts: 34
    Looks like they confirmed they’re not working in another post but not this one

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46042/aw-synergy-problem
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf any updates?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

I think this is more of a point against OP synergies than synergies in AWD. Yondu + NC/Beast is clearly a defensive minded synergy and it's BS that it's not working properly. If you see a science node and don't bring ability reduction, then that's on you. I'd assume it was spidey or electro, so Antman with thorn dmg wouldn't ruin anything for me in that regard. MS synergy with Mephisto gives 2 bars or 1? Either way, those should be changed if it's that OP that people can start with full power. If they just start with 2, then it's no different than OG Vision on a 1 bar node.
    Hey all. This is still being looked into, and the team is hoping to have some insight into the root cause shortly. Again, I'll post an update asap. Thanks!
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Thank you, @Kabam Wolf