**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How bad has AW Piloting gotten among the top 100 alliances?

2»

Comments

• The VERY few top alliances that don't pilot are the exception to the rule. Been that way for a while.. But with new season rewards, it's cranked up a lot. There's no argument against that fact. One or two people coming along and saying they're near the top or have been at the top and don't share is fine... But it doesn't change the facts. And yeah, it sure seems like kabam doesn't give a damn at all, despite plenty of vague lip service. Supremely vague lip service and one enormous missed opportunity to set the proper tone for the game.

But don't you dare re-run an eq path for more rewards. Those few hundred shards you'd get aren't worth the death penalty a normal player would get. (extreme hand wank motion)
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    My alliance is ranked 101 and we only died 31 times in our last war with no piloting. Not all alliances need piloting to be near the top

died 'only 31 times' ... lol ... need to be under 15 or lower total deaths at least closer to the top... very top, 5 or less total deaths.

...and we in 4L0ki don't pilot our Wars.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I can see why this is frustrating. I am in Tier 4 AW, or Gold 1. Not toooo hard, but i can tell you that in my alliance we def pilot. I alone have 4 log ins in my battlegroup. Tbh, i dont mind it. IF you have members in your ally who are willing to give up account information and have you fight for them then so be it. Not everyone will share their account though, that i do know.
    But realistically, what could Kabam do about it?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    But realistically, what could Kabam do about it?
    I have a feeling you might soon find out.

Ominous and wrong. Kabam doesn’t care.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @General_Vis lol I said i have 4 log ins, never said that i myself pilot ;).
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Hard to think Kabam will do enforce enough consequences to stop AW piloting when such a large amount of people cite years of Kabam not enforcing consequences for account sharing for both MCOC and FFL.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Piloting is ruining AW takes out all the fun of it, Kabam needs to take some action for this, they need to enforce their rules
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    Born wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »
    MattScott wrote: »
    ill_ wrote: »
    It’s gotten so bad in top 20, when an alliance feels threatened that they are about to lose, they stop all 30 members from logging in, and then their pilots step in and ensure they finish the match with 1-10 deaths. These alliances are stupid enough to brag about piloting, but we’re even stupider for thinking anyone at Kabam cares. There’s so much proof out there, and nothing will be done. Good on those alliances who took advantage of a broken system and knows nothing will happen to them. Account sharing is not something Kabam cares about.

Hit the nail on the head.

It happens every war with top allys. The account are OP in terms of prestige (for AQ ranking) but not all the members can clear a path, mini boss and boss without dying. That’s where the pilots come in.

It’s not easy to find both high prestige accounts with the original owners being able to clear all paths and bosses. Allot of these allys are clearing all 3 battlegroups in under 5-10 deaths. And that’s against some of the toughest defence you’ll find with a diverse setup. Very few allys have 30 members who can play their own accounts and clear maps with that few deaths. But that is what it has come down to. They are afraid to play a fair war out of fear of losing.

And that sad part is even with all the evidence out there, nothing gets done about it. I guess allot of these guys drop allot of coin so probably not in their best intrest to be getting rid of them.

I retired a while back, now I’m in a free to play ally. But i was an officer for a top 5 ally, and I had the credentials for every member of my BG, as did the other officers for their respective battle groups. I’m sure with seasons now it’s even worse.

The problem has been going on for 2 years almost, there is TONS of evidence, chat rooms screen shots, people personally admitting it, and I’m sure if kabam wanted to, they could track it on their logs.

What it all boils down to, is they have repetitively shown they don’t give a flying (you know what) about it. They had the opportunity, when a very very very influential person admitted they partook in it, as does the rest of the ally, whenever people’s schedules aren’t accommodating, and that it’s no big deal. They had this opportunity to really set an example that would be seen by 10’s of the thousands and heard about by many more than that. .... and they chose to do nothing, as they always have, and apparently as they always will.

So true and thanks for the insight.

Unfortunately the lack of action by Kabam will result in more people/allys doing the same thing in order to compete. Taking on the “if you can’t beat them, join them” attitude. It will just end up being a battle of the pilots. It already is in the top 30, but it will spread even further until it ruins the game completely. Very sad to see how this season was rolled out with no foresight from anyone at Kabam to ensure it is a fair contents.

But what can ya do? Nothing really. Just play until you’ve had enough and leave.

Hate to break it to you, but your sight of what it will be, already is.

Every ally in master is piloting, every single one.

And correct, if you’re a top 20 ally, and you don’t want to drop to platinum, you must pilot to keep rank. It’s very analageous to how the Tour de France was. In order to compete, not even win, just compete, every rider was cheating. Because if they weren’t they wouldn’t have even qualified.

Don’t have to break it to me, I already know.

After the first week of the season we were top 3 in master, top 20 global AW. We won all 3 and We matched against allys who were of similar war rating as was the case for many, many wars before that.

Then someone came in here from mmxiv and complained about their matchmaking taking too long and they weren’t matching. The very next week/AW we started matching all top 5 allys, 300-400 war rating higher than us and within a minute of searching. And it’s been that way since. We haven’t had a close matchup since. And all of them are piloting, and so blatantly as well. We choose not to and as a result, haven’t won a war since the matchmaking was changed and have dropped out of Master bracket.

I guess you can’t blame these guys. They know Kabam has no interest in them cheating So they are just getting those AW rewards and aiming for those big prizes at the end of the season. Integrity and fair play isn’t a factor.

This is very unfortunate for the alliances that are actually honest and rely on the skill of all 30 members as opposed to one person who logs in for all 30 people. I am very curious to see what ANY of the moderators have to say about this post, as there are many alliances like ours who have been forced out of Master bracket because we refuse to violate the TOS and hand over our accounts to one person.

The rewards are SO lucrative in AW, that the top 3 alliances this season will have a HUGE competitive advantage in the short term as they will have enough t5Basics to Rank 5 a second champ. The prestige boost from having TWO Rank 5 5* alone is enough to allow an alliance to jump up in the AQ standings (with the rumoured season coming to an end, this would be a HUGE problem for the next seasons AQ rewards).

@Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

By staying silent on the matter just proves that unless you are in a top 5 alliance and complain about account sharing, then nothing will be done.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Voluntaris we aren’t a tier 1 alliance or in master but being top 100 is near the top. We have a few unskilled members but we can still win without piloting. That’s all I was saying. We know what it takes to be near the top. We have reduced our deaths every single war in seasons so far so we will keep inching closer to the top
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @Voluntaris we aren’t a tier 1 alliance or in master but being top 100 is near the top. We have a few unskilled members but we can still win without piloting. That’s all I was saying. We know what it takes to be near the top. We have reduced our deaths every single war in seasons so far so we will keep inching closer to the top

good stuff ... learn from mistakes / keep getting better - that's what I tell my guys.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    What can they do at this point when they made it clear they dont care about account sharing. If they started banning people for it they better ban the one content creator who admitted to kabam that he shared his info. They had a chance to make a statement on this issue but chose to ignore it. I just dont see it going away any time soon.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    NevvB wrote: »
    What can they do at this point when they made it clear they dont care about account sharing. If they started banning people for it they better ban the one content creator who admitted to kabam that he shared his info. They had a chance to make a statement on this issue but chose to ignore it. I just dont see it going away any time soon.

Almost verbatim what I have said. Bravo good sir. They wasted a PERFECT opportunity to make a statement on it, that so many would have seen.

Instead those so many people saw that Kabam simply doesn’t care, and won’t punish at all. After said video was released piloting seems to be worse.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    edited March 2018
    If you are in the top 100, you must either be extremely skilled and able to clear your path without deaths, or give up your login info to 2-3 people in the alliance that are extremely skilled.

For those who say this isn't true: it is damn near impossible to gather up 30 people who are that skilled. Everyone wants the best in their alliance. Not everyone gets them.

Of course there are a few alliances that truly do have 30 skilled people, but to think this is possible for the entire top 100 is ridiculous.

Bottom line is they either pilot or they fall to the bottom of the 100.

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s not hard to find 30 skilled people. When my alliance is recruiting we always have more prospects than spots open so its easy to pick the most skilled prospects and that’s how you get to having 30 skilled players
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    It’s telling that a post about not allowing the use of third party software is stickied (as it should, don’t get me wrong) and there is no official statement anywhere about account sharing.

Not even a single mod reaction in this and most of the other threads on the subject either. Those are either ignored and/or deleted.

Fact of the matter is: all forms of cheating are forbidden, but some forms of cheating are more forbidden than others.
This discussion has been closed.