**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Tsunani wrote: »
    No word from kabam.. Black friday is coming.. They must be too busy creating bad deals

Why should they answer? The voices of the community, with a few noble exceptions, betrayed the people who make them relevant.

They’ve only ever taken this community seriously when it’s united and these cowards refuse to speak but will comment on videos from the ones with the backbone to do it.

Don’t forget to hit subscribe... on deez nuts.

I just got my post dleted after it got 700 views. It stated that kabam refused to reply and instead of answering i got a warning for trying to derail MY OWN THREAD. Kabam couldnt provide a valid explanation so they just tried to silence me. Is there grounds for a lawsuit?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    jaylerd wrote: »
    Kabam fails again when it comes to open and honest communication with the community.

You know what they need to do when things like this happen, that give players an advantage just for being top tier?

They need to tell us. They can't tell us "We found this bug AND IT'S ALREADY FIXED YOU CAN'T EXPLOIT IT ANYMORE but we're letting people who did walk away smiling." What they need to say, in fact, is "we found a bug and will push a fix in 48 hours to resolve it. if you found it, good for you, and if you want to grind for it, you're welcome to. this is your chance to pump the gas and get it done before it's fixed and we put you back on the short bus."

They need to give everyone a chance to make it right on the player's terms, rather than, yet again, deciding something will or will not be undone based on exploits. How many times have users exploited something and have those rewards stripped, or been banned? But this time, Kabam makes a mature decision, decides "this is on us, let's not punish them" but still comes across as a middle finger.

It's not right. Kabam has f-dash-dash-dash--you-see-kay'd up left and right this year and they're being garbage about compensation (which i dont want in this case but in general), openness, and fairness to the community.

That's not what happened. The bug was brought to their attention and immediately they disabled them. The fix was pushed not long after. They didn't discover it and let people run amok.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Dear Kabam...

You know what this thread has really brought to my attention? I've read ALL posts up to this point, and while I agree with the majority here (champs should be ranked down if not from 2015), what I REALLY notice is how ****ing broken this game is in terms of champion balance.

SHOULD it be a big deal that people can or did rank up 2018 over 2015 champs? If it IS a big deal (and it certainly IS) that shows you that those 2015 champs are no longer BALANCED in your game.

Some re-works have been done since 2015, sure... but along the way you introduced champs with abilities and features that completely obliterated old champs. There is not 1 champ I can think of from 2015 that is the "top" champ of it's class, or even the "best" at something.

You've made so many champs obsolete (arena fodder) that this fiasco is worse than it should be.

I'm not sure what you're going to do, Kabam... you can make THIS instance right by doing the proper thing and ranking down those champs that should not have been ranked.... BUT in the long game, this imbalance and the **** RNG that gives those 2015 champs to summoners will eventually bite back anyway.

I agree with most of what you said, but here are a few God/Top of their class 2015 champs:
    SL (still a damage beast)
    Magik
    Venom (now that he was reworked)
    Luke Cage (since being reworked)

Most are horrible... But the above have their uses and are great for clearing content.
  • Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Dear Kabam...

You know what this thread has really brought to my attention? I've read ALL posts up to this point, and while I agree with the majority here (champs should be ranked down if not from 2015), what I REALLY notice is how ****ing broken this game is in terms of champion balance.

SHOULD it be a big deal that people can or did rank up 2018 over 2015 champs? If it IS a big deal (and it certainly IS) that shows you that those 2015 champs are no longer BALANCED in your game.

Some re-works have been done since 2015, sure... but along the way you introduced champs with abilities and features that completely obliterated old champs. There is not 1 champ I can think of from 2015 that is the "top" champ of it's class, or even the "best" at something.

You've made so many champs obsolete (arena fodder) that this fiasco is worse than it should be.

I'm not sure what you're going to do, Kabam... you can make THIS instance right by doing the proper thing and ranking down those champs that should not have been ranked.... BUT in the long game, this imbalance and the **** RNG that gives those 2015 champs to summoners will eventually bite back anyway.

I agree with most of what you said, but here are a few God/Top of their class 2015 champs:
    Magik

Most are horrible... But the above have their uses and are great for clearing content.

Stark has replaced SL
    I'd argue GR, Meph, MS are more versatile than Magik (though she's likely the best 2015 champ IMO)
    Venom/ LC are good, but no where close to the top of their class, AND that's because of reworks that the rest of 2015 NEED badly.

They've created a "system" where in order to drive sales, they HAVE to release champs better and better than the ones before... all while preaching "balance"... it's unsustainable.

Either way, I hope they do the right thing for this rank up gem issue. I just thought I'd point out that this whole thing would not be as big a deal if the 2015 champs weren't mostly hot moist garbage.

You have valid points. But the ones I pointed out are still great champions and are useful in many areas. There are champs that have more versatility in areas and can put out more damage in some scenarios... However, the ones I pointed out have a niche and spot to fill in most rosters.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Dear Kabam...

Magik

Stark has replaced SL
    I'd argue GR, Meph, MS are more versatile than Magik (though she's likely the best 2015 champ IMO)
    Venom/ LC are good, but no where close to the top of their class, AND that's because of reworks that the rest of 2015 NEED badly.

They've created a "system" where in order to drive sales, they HAVE to release champs better and better than the ones before... all while preaching "balance"... it's unsustainable.

Either way, I hope they do the right thing for this rank up gem issue. I just thought I'd point out that this whole thing would not be as big a deal if the 2015 champs weren't mostly hot moist garbage.

Vdh you cant honestly say people are gonna bring up any of those mystics over magik unless its for the sole reason of prestige
  • Options
    hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    That's not what happened. The bug was brought to their attention and immediately they disabled them. The fix was pushed not long after. They didn't discover it and let people run amok.

They got away ranking champs they shouldn't have been allowed to rank, and they get to keep their reward. That's the point.

No point even replying to him. Kabam can do no wrong in his eyes. Although I'm curious how he know they immediately disabled it. Or how he knows they didn't let the top 1% abuse it before stopping it.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Kabam fails again when it comes to open and honest communication with the community.

You know what they need to do when things like this happen, that give players an advantage just for being top tier?

They need to tell us. They can't tell us "We found this bug AND IT'S ALREADY FIXED YOU CAN'T EXPLOIT IT ANYMORE but we're letting people who did walk away smiling." What they need to say, in fact, is "we found a bug and will push a fix in 48 hours to resolve it. if you found it, good for you, and if you want to grind for it, you're welcome to. this is your chance to pump the gas and get it done before it's fixed and we put you back on the short bus."

They need to give everyone a chance to make it right on the player's terms, rather than, yet again, deciding something will or will not be undone based on exploits. How many times have users exploited something and have those rewards stripped, or been banned? But this time, Kabam makes a mature decision, decides "this is on us, let's not punish them" but still comes across as a middle finger.

It's not right. Kabam has f-dash-dash-dash--you-see-kay'd up left and right this year and they're being garbage about compensation (which i dont want in this case but in general), openness, and fairness to the community.

Probably brought to their attention after all the alliances buddies completed 100% and finished exploiting then report to ensure no one else can exploit after. I don't see how this exempt kabam to do the right thing.

Ps. Unless you work for kabam you are only speculating as well you don't know what happened.
  • Options
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Probably brought to their attention after all the alliances buddies completed 100% and finished exploiting then report to ensure no one else can exploit after. I don't see how this exempt kabam to do the right thing.

Ps. Unless you work for kabam you are only speculating as well you don't know what happened.

I was here when it was reported, acknowledged, and resolved. I don't need to work for them to be observant.
    The right thing is up to their judgment, and in this case, they allowed people to keep the Rank Ups. Probably because it was on their end, and people weren't responsible for that. A handful of people Ranking newer Champs isn't going to throw the balance off. Everyone doing it will. Which is why they're limited to begin with.
    It's unfortunate it happened, but it wasn't planned. They made a decision.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited November 2018

I was here when it was reported, acknowledged, and resolved. I don't need to work for them to be observant.
    The right thing is up to their judgment, and in this case, they allowed people to keep the Rank Ups. Probably because it was on their end, and people weren't responsible for that. A handful of people Ranking newer Champs isn't going to throw the balance off. Everyone doing it will. Which is why they're limited to begin with.

You are where?? Here at the forum? U reported it? Is it resolved? I guess I am definitely less observant because i really don't get your reasoning. I will never agree with you on this so I will stop feeding the troll, except for one thing, ' they made a decision', and it's a wrong one.
  • Options

You are where?? Here at the forum? I don't get it man. I will never agree with you on this so I will stop feeding, except for one thing, ' they made a decision', and it's a wrong one.

Yes, on the Forum.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Block list, FFS
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Doesn't look like any of the mods have responded to anything, so it just seems like a "Let them blow off their steam" thread.
    Really just considering thinking why play in top alliance wars/aq

After seeing that nothing is done to exploiters of the game,

Its obvius the huge spenders and top of the top alliances abused this glitch.

Theres no sugar coating it.
    A platinum 3,gold1 player will not obviously rush to 100% this content but those who are in masters alliances and getting the 4th or 5th r5 means difference in shifting to be stronger than other alliances while also using glitch gems to rank up better defenders/attackers outside 2015 class
    It has ALWAYS been the case where those that spend get the most benefits.

Those at the top did indeed basically buy there way up there, since there is no other legitimate way of getting there except for handing over the $$$.

On top of all people who bought fraud units who only got 7 days to 30 banneds and after it was lifted they continue to place in top aq/aw.

Theres nothing been said or done in public forums.

Just makes me overal think why am i chasing/playing to be on the top while others have ot easy and get slap in the for abusing/cheating/frauding??

Some dude i know got caught for frauding units and admited it but also plays in a top “5” and potentialy placing in top 3 in aw season.
    Kabam says they can't release the information on forums, or tell leaders about how some of their alliance member(s) have broken ToS.
    It SHOULD be a AW Season ban for the individual in question, and that will stop all this really fast.
    No justice for players who play this game legitmialty and those who abused this glitch kabam pretty much said they can keep it for finishing it first and get to have better rewards..

Really considering whats gona happen black friday/cyber monday to see t5b deals that will increase the gap.

Because we all know top alliances and players want sales like 4th of july offer
    I bet Kabam's thinking goes like this.. they are whales, they buy everything, and they would have ranked up them anyway, we just saved them some $$$.

Then they will offer something soonish (Black Friday or Cyber Monday) that will basically be like a complete rank-up bundle for the low low cost of $500, and handle it that way.
    Yes, those whales will buy this as well, but, that is the way Kabam will handle it.
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Block list, FFS

Is there a block button? Or you mean add to your personal block list?
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

The right thing is up to their judgment, and in this case, they allowed people to keep the Rank Ups.

Wait...you are saying that the right thing is up to Kabam's judgement? So whatever they decided would therefore be the right thing? Hmmm. That explains a lot of your other posts...

Kabam is always right except when Kabam's decision personally affects the person you are talking to.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2018

The right thing is up to their judgment, and in this case, they allowed people to keep the Rank Ups.

Wait...you are saying that the right thing is up to Kabam's judgement? So whatever they decided would therefore be the right thing? Hmmm. That explains a lot of your other posts...
    It is up to their judgement as this is their job, something they have experience with, something they have encountered in the past and their property.

I’d trust Kabam to make a judement call based on their experience rather than people who cannot (or refuse to) see the whole picture. These gems did not just influence ranks ups for champions they were used for but also influence other rank ups done when people now had resources freed to rank other champions, should Kabam reverse all 3-4 rank ups done between the first chapter completion and the time they fixed the bug? Maybe, but they’ve already made their decision and posted it.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

It is up to their judgement as this is their job, something they have experience with, something they have encountered in the past and their property.

I’d trust Kabam to make a judement call based on their experience rather than people who cannot (or refuse to) see the whole picture. These gems did not just influence ranks ups for champions they were used for but also influence cursory rank ups, should Kabam reverse all 3-4 rank ups done between the first chapter completion and the time they fixed the bug? Maybe, but they’ve already made their decision and posted it.

No one disputes that it is up to their judgement. No one disputes that they have made a decision and posted it. You didn't actually say anything other than that you trust their judgement. Kabam says they want to be more transparent. If there is a good reason why, seeing the whole picture and having the experience they do, it makes sense for one group which exploited a bug to get significantly better rewards than everyone else I am all ears.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If there is a good reason why, seeing the whole picture and having the experience they do, it makes sense for one group which exploited a bug to get significantly better rewards than everyone else I am all ears.
    Here’s one reason.
    jdob1i790mfo.jpeg

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @CoatHang3r that's cute but it doesn't apply. That is an excellent reason for not punishing the people who used the gems with bans, loss of rewards, etc., which is what the person I was responding to was arguing. Why would it be a reason for Kabam to not reverse the rankups? "A" for effort though lol
This discussion has been closed.