**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Reversing a rank up is punishing.

Even if that were true, which it isn't, my quote which you misapplied was about why there shouldn't but punishment with loss of rewards, bans, etc., as people were suggesting. They shouldn't reverse the rank up and then not give the correct gem.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

No, it isn't. Not getting something you weren't supposed to get, and getting instead what was advertised isn't punishment. Keep trolling.
    That’s opinion. They used what they recieved and made decisions based on what they had. Keep up with the ad hom? This is my third post, trolling would be posting multiple times all weekend long like others, some who have up to 40 posts in this thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Even if that were true, which it isn't, my quote which you misapplied was about why there shouldn't but punishment with loss of rewards, bans, etc., as people were suggesting. They shouldn't reverse the rank up and then not give the correct gem.
    Reversing a rank up is not a loss of reward?

@MrMaat It wasnt a generic gem, class specific. People have been factually incorrect on this including one you tuber who put a generic in the thumbnail.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

No, it isn't. Not getting something you weren't supposed to get, and getting instead what was advertised isn't punishment. Keep trolling.
    That’s opinion. They used what they recieved and made decisions based on what they had. Keep up with the ad hom? This is my third post, trolling would be posting multiple times all weekend long like others, some who have up to 40 posts in this thread.

You can troll with one post but whatever.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★

Reversing a rank up is not a loss of reward?

@MrMaat It wasnt a generic gem, class specific. People have been factually incorrect on this including one you tuber who put a generic in the thumbnail.

generic as in not restricted to 2015.....
  • Options

You can troll with one post but whatever.
    You can also be in such a weak position with an argument you start grasping at straws and result to personal attacks, nothing new from you.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Still no further comment from Kabam? The disappointment expands.

Such a shame there is no integrity to be found with this company.
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r I think it’s pretty obvious he meant generic as in the ability to be used on anyone. Not specific. And to reiterate what others have said, taking something away they weren’t ever supposed to have, and replacing it with what they were supposed to have is not punishment. Not giving them a replacement gem would be punishment.
    The undeniable fact is that in similar situations in the past, Kabam has actively punished people for such actions. For them to not just skip the punishment (which most don’t want anyway), but also skip the appropriate correction, goes strongly against the precedent they set.
  • Options
    Accurate? Mostly, i would’ve gone with “class specific rank up gem”. I just think it’s important to not misrepresent what’s happened. Thanks for correcting that. @MrMaat
  • Options
    @BirdReynolds It wasn’t obvious to me, and clearly there are others who actually thought (and likely still do) they were generic gems.

It would also be an undeniable fact that in the past Kabam has let people keep items that they recieved in error. Sentry comes to mind and there are others. So no there is not precedent, every instance of error is generally unique and must be weighed with both impact and culpability in mind.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Lol @ the mental gymnastics

Only 2 people on my block list reminding me why they’re there.
  • Options
    Rektor wrote: »
    Lol @ the mental gymnastics

Only 2 people on my block list reminding me why they’re there.
    Would you describe all of your 40 post as mental gymnastics? If not which ones?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Double post. Unfair posting advantage?
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @CoatHang3r I find that hard to believe. What I find even harder to believe is that so many players on the top of the food chain who can complete some of the hardest content we’ve seen, would be clueless as to the exact nature of the rewards.
    There’s a few examples in this thread and through YouTube of those players receiving the gem, realizing it could be misused, and decided not to because they were aware of the precedent Kabam set with punishing exploits. So yes, there is precedent. Receiving items in error is different than knowingly exploiting a loophole. You’re the one grasping at straws here.
  • Options
    @BirdReynolds So your argument is that you cannot accept people didn’t read an item desrciption? Sorry there is a mountain of evidence on these very forums where peope act, make decisions and forum posts before reading about what an item specifically does. Now i don’t dispute there are people who knew better and acted, they also acted on the item they recieved;is it unreasonable for them to assume the decription of the gem itself was the actual bug? However there are people who did not know then spent other items and made other decisions based on what they were able to do with the rewards recieved from the game.

Precedent where? You keep saying this but it is not sellf evident.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Imagine writing 1200 words in one post and then someone quoting it and accurately replying “Garbage.”

I’d be angry too
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Rektor wrote: »
    Imagine writing 1200 words in one post and then someone quoting it and accurately replying “Garbage.”

I’d be angry too
    I’m perfecrly fine with people disagreeing with me. I can’t force people to be right or civil.

@BirdReynolds Laughably bad analogy, those who grasp at straws while living in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

Your argument that “it was brought to their attention and they fixed it quickly so no harm was done” is completely INVALID as a stance towards fairness

Killmonger Indestructible bug; Beneficial: Fixed in about a week.

Magik gaining Sp2 power from 0% opponents; beneficial: fixed in like a day or two

Medusa Living strands removing only a few fury and debuffs; beneficial: defensively she earned them item use/sales and took about a month

Archangel Neurotoxin stuns; beneficial: officially told as working as intended they reneged that stance and “fixed” the interaction

Drax: took 2 years and virtually ended up with people having wasted resources LONG after it was revealed to be a but but decided to keep it and later suddenly patched it

IMIW, defensively profitable: left for a month, allegedly fixed and then fixed again after the first one didn’t work.

Their track record sucks especially thanks to the DRAX one being heinous as they over fixed him out of paranoia. Yet they still allow AA and X23 to do what he does except with better heavy attacks.

The only time they’ve ever allowed long term beneficial “bugs” to last that long is in the odd case between Archangel and Drax. One of which is borderline wariyed resources afterwards and Archangel was made so OP anyways that they STILL haven’t “fixed” everything as his heavy still bypasses Mordo because unlike with Drax who relied on the niche of bypassing evades, Archangel is intrinsically OP by conception
This discussion has been closed.