**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"We're going to continue to keep a close eye on all Mystic Champions" after MD changes

Comments

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    They said they would monitor it, I think the sample size is large enough now to warrant a response.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 26
    ManChild wrote: »
    It was an overpowered mechanic. You knew it then. Don’t act like you didn’t. You took advantage of something that was bound to change in some way. It was a risk. Just like when I took the risk of taking aa to 5/65 and then there’s a bleed immune war season.

Stuff happens. Stop asking for handouts. Millennials suck.

Fair point. Just one bleed immune war season though. So far anyway. Look, I’m certainly no millennial and I’m not asking for a handout, but I do agree with the OP that those who maxed out a mystic champ like Juggernaut should be allowed to downrank that champ. Doesn’t affect me either way, but that would be the fair thing to do.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    The champs are still doing fine in harder content. I promise that. People are getting pissed about their defenders not getting kills. Who cares? T2 has less than 10 kills a bg. Most of those deaths come from medusa/imiw/korg. Mystic defenders were already becoming something that were on the decline anyways. Just move on, use them in harder content and get more materials.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The champs are still doing fine in harder content. I promise that. People are getting pissed about their defenders not getting kills. Who cares? T2 has less than 10 kills a bg. Most of those deaths come from medusa/imiw/korg. Mystic defenders were already becoming something that were on the decline anyways. Just move on, use them in harder content and get more materials.

That's the point, Blade, and his overwhelming prominence in the game, had already indirectly reduced their effectiveness. That I'm fine with. Defenders having a counter is part of this game.

However, after introducing and flooding the game with that counter, they then piled it on by changing the MD/dex interaction making them pretty much useless in defense. I don't even have a problem with the change but to not even give people who used those resources going off kabam saying it worked as they intended, the chance to change their mind is pretty lame
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

That's the point, Blade, and his overwhelming prominence in the game, had already indirectly reduced their effectiveness. That I'm fine with. Defenders having a counter is part of this game.

However, after introducing and flooding the game with that counter, they then piled it on by changing the MD/dex interaction making them pretty much useless in defense. I don't even have a problem with the change but to not even give people who used those resources going off kabam saying it worked as they intended, the chance to change their mind is pretty lame

But they monitored if these champs performed worse after MD change than before. If they were already pretty useless before then the change is obviously not going to affect them enough to warrant RDT
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    So are you one of those people who are still crying about the AA changes also?
    Or Drax changes?
    Also maybe your guys arent getting kills because most people are still running the holy trinity in AW attack which shuts down your defenders?
    I have a r5/65 magik and you dont here me crying

Props for bringing up irrelevant information to fan the flames. The holy trinity comment had me on the floor, they haven't been a top attack team in high tier AW for months. I'd be surprised if data showed they were still a top 5 attack team option in tier 1. Nearly triple digit amounts of players have commented Voodoo and Magik were barely affected by the MD/Dexterity nerf, which may be one reason why Kabam said they would be keeping an eye on Dormammu and Juggernaut.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Now that I see mods posting in threads today: bump!

You kind folks have an update on your Mystic Dispersion impact analysis?
  • MissMissyMissMissy Posts: 78
    I actually dont want a rank down ticket, I want MD to return as it worked intentionally. Many players have champs to counter Mystic champs already, so now after the nerf - defensive mystic champs are worthless :/ I just detest that I have bench warmers and wasted resources.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    RDT need to be very limited. Up to Kabam if they want to issue it out specifically for those who ranked 5 a mystic? I agree that Kabam shouldn't hand it out just because it's demanded.
    It was an overpowered mechanic. You knew it then. Don’t act like you didn’t. You took advantage of something that was bound to change in some way. It was a risk. Just like when I took the risk of taking aa to 5/65 and then there’s a bleed immune war season.

Are you reading anywhere in this @LeNoirFaineant ???? There are multiple people crying for RDTs on this thread and many others about this very topic. It was overpowered and that is not irrelevant! Kabam wouldn’t of changed it if it wasn’t. When something works as intended, it doesn’t get nerfed. The reason it lasted 2 years is because there wasn’t mephisto, dorm and the others all at once. Once those champs started to pop up with mephisto having power gain, that’s when it started to become an issue.

Things change in games, sports, life constantly. You don’t see nfl teams asking for refunds or answers about kick returners they signed..... things change. Stop crying. Stop demanding answers when they have clearly stated what’s going on. It’s their time frame.
    It’s been 2 months since they spoke about this, but rogue has had a bug for almost a year. I have her at 4. Haven’t demanded anything from them. I’ll say it again. Everyone who is asking for RDTs most likely have a champion they just want to rank and want a free way to do it.
  • ManChild wrote: »
    It’s been 2 months since they spoke about this, but rogue has had a bug for almost a year. I have her at 4. Haven’t demanded anything from them. I’ll say it again. Everyone who is asking for RDTs most likely have a champion they just want to rank and want a free way to do it.

Why didn't you just say "everyone who asks for an item just wants to use it for the specific purpose it's intended for"?
  • ManChild wrote: »

Whether or not it was overpowered is irrelevant. It was working as intended. It hadn't changed in 2 years so in what way was it "bound to change".

"Working as intended" is a temporal statement. It is only true relative to the current state of the game. That situation can change in the future. Something that is working as intended by explicit developer statement is not free from being changed in the future. Players are expected to adapt to some reasonable degree of game changes over time.

Whenever something offers a significant far above average advantage in a game like this, players should assume that the advantage could paint a target on it for future downstread rebalancing. I would have bet cash that mystic dispersion was going to be changed eventually. I wouldn't know in what year that would happen, but I would have taken that bet with anyone willing to give me at least an eighteen month time horizon.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Whatever your opinion is on this issue, I'm seeing a ton of unnecessary flags. You don't flag posts for disagreeing with the content, that's not what that is for.
  • StikyStiky Posts: 79
    Kabam won't even answer any of that I really don't know what's wrong with those guys they just do whatever they want and never give a damn about the community. They just keep feeding us **** like there gonna have to pay from there pockets to give us RDT. It's a freaking game when a game makes changes for something that was working for years and say it's not major this when u really know that this game is messed up. There main focus is milking them whales that's all. If it was any other game they would've given out massive compensation but kabam clearly says that's it's your fault for trusting our system.
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Whatever your opinion is on this issue, I'm seeing a ton of unnecessary flags. You don't flag posts for disagreeing with the content, that's not what that is for.

I don't mind spam and abuse flags because it just means Kabam employees must read my posts. As to the Lol flags I picture someone hitting that button and saying "that'll show him" to themselves over and over again. Sometimes in my mental picture they are drooling just a little.

Abuse of the flagging function can only backfire. Literacy and eloquence are the only effective tools on a public forum. Improper use of the flagging buttons is bringing a nerf pistol to a real gun fight and firing it randomly from behind some bushes. It is somewhat amusing and slightly annoying and completely ineffective at doing anything.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Whether or not it was overpowered is irrelevant. It was working as intended. It hadn't changed in 2 years so in what way was it "bound to change".

"Working as intended" is a temporal statement. It is only true relative to the current state of the game. That situation can change in the future. Something that is working as intended by explicit developer statement is not free from being changed in the future. Players are expected to adapt to some reasonable degree of game changes over time.

Whenever something offers a significant far above average advantage in a game like this, players should assume that the advantage could paint a target on it for future downstread rebalancing. I would have bet cash that mystic dispersion was going to be changed eventually. I wouldn't know in what year that would happen, but I would have taken that bet with anyone willing to give me at least an eighteen month time horizon.

Changes are fine imo. As long as there's proper compensation.

In the vast majority of MMO-like games I've played (in fact, as far as I can recall this is literally all of them), game balance changes rarely come with compensation. It is pretty clear that every player playing those games is supposed to understand that the game will change right under your feet, and that's part of what you sign up for when you play them. Some changes generate compensation when they are seen as divergent enough from the norm, and the ultimate judge of what is normal is always, always the developers.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I will just say that I don't expect compensation. We had been begging them to fix MD for years and I won't complain that they finally did... but refusing to reply is infuriating.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Are you reading anywhere in this @LeNoirFaineant ???? There are multiple people crying for RDTs on this thread and many others about this very topic. It was overpowered and that is not irrelevant! Kabam wouldn’t of changed it if it wasn’t. When something works as intended, it doesn’t get nerfed. The reason it lasted 2 years is because there wasn’t mephisto, dorm and the others all at once. Once those champs started to pop up with mephisto having power gain, that’s when it started to become an issue.

Things change in games, sports, life constantly. You don’t see nfl teams asking for refunds or answers about kick returners they signed..... things change. Stop crying. Stop demanding answers when they have clearly stated what’s going on. It’s their time frame.

I agree that things change and have no problem with the Mystic D nerf. The fact that it was overpowered is not irrelevant to the reasons for the nerf, however it is irrelevant to your point about people "taking advantage" and it's status as "broken". It was working as intended inasmuch as it was working the way it was advertised. There was no glitch that needed to be fixed. People spend money on the game and ranked some champs based on Mystic D specifically for AW defense. Kabam has every right to change Mystic D, but in a game where real money is in play they have some obligation to the customer when they exorcise this right. We can debate whether the mystic d nerf warrants compensation and rank downs. They said that they hadn't decided and would monitor the results in order to determine this. At the very least they acknowledged that it might require rank downs. OP asked for an update and some people have argued for rank downs on this thread. All reasonable. Maybe we get them and maybe we don't. Personally I don't care either way. But all this talk about "whining" "entitled" and "taking advantage" is stuff and nonsense. Cheers.