Options

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

1151618202178

Comments

  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
    The vision one is very useful if you also run ghost
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,823 Guardian
    DrZola said:

    DNA3000 said:

    m sorry but if I actually had control then "Optimize towards maximizing the number of drops" wouldn't produce a sig 160 Hulkbuster, 100-Sym Spidey, 120-She-hulk (although the buff is solid), 80 Colossus and my personal favorite sig 100 Old man Logan. This game is based on Luck and how much you spend (Either time or money).

    As you say, this game is based on luck, how much money you spend, and how much time you spend. Completely agree. And two of those things are under the control of the player.

    Beyond that, I would add that how you spend your time and money also influences your overall progress, something else the player has control over. There are efficient and inefficient ways to spend both time and money. Someone spending all their cash on units to burn on FGMCs is unlikely to get a great return on that cash. They could get lucky. But someone who spends their cash in other ways, like waiting for better offers or on things that will accelerate their ability to run higher difficulty content directly, is much more likely to ratchet upward higher and more consistently. A similar thing is true with regards to time.
    Still waiting on my ratchet. Someone told me a while back this was a resource management game. Wish I could remember who it was.

    Apparently, they left out the part about needing good assets to spend those well-managed resources on...

    Dr. Zola
    It is a resource management game. These terms are not mutually exclusive. In the context of building wide rosters, the only direct inputs you can put into the game are time and money. Resource management is one particular component of the ways you can spend time efficiently, but this has an indirect effect on building wide rosters. I'm constantly thinking about the best ways to use my rank up resources, and while they can be used to directly rank up champions that can directly increase my ability to do higher or harder content, most of the time I'm spending rank up resources to rank up champions to generate more points in the arena, which has the net effect of ultimately improving my ability to earn more champions in a couple ways. I am also strategically prioritizing ranking up champions that broaden my roster in various ways, for example I might be ranking up a champion to rank 2 or rank 3 that I currently have no direct use for, but I believe has a higher probability of becoming useful in the future, and the rank up stages that champion for future more expensive rank ups if they become more imminently useful.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    DrZola said:

    DNA3000 said:

    m sorry but if I actually had control then "Optimize towards maximizing the number of drops" wouldn't produce a sig 160 Hulkbuster, 100-Sym Spidey, 120-She-hulk (although the buff is solid), 80 Colossus and my personal favorite sig 100 Old man Logan. This game is based on Luck and how much you spend (Either time or money).

    As you say, this game is based on luck, how much money you spend, and how much time you spend. Completely agree. And two of those things are under the control of the player.

    Beyond that, I would add that how you spend your time and money also influences your overall progress, something else the player has control over. There are efficient and inefficient ways to spend both time and money. Someone spending all their cash on units to burn on FGMCs is unlikely to get a great return on that cash. They could get lucky. But someone who spends their cash in other ways, like waiting for better offers or on things that will accelerate their ability to run higher difficulty content directly, is much more likely to ratchet upward higher and more consistently. A similar thing is true with regards to time.
    Still waiting on my ratchet. Someone told me a while back this was a resource management game. Wish I could remember who it was.

    Apparently, they left out the part about needing good assets to spend those well-managed resources on...

    Dr. Zola
    It is a resource management game. These terms are not mutually exclusive. In the context of building wide rosters, the only direct inputs you can put into the game are time and money. Resource management is one particular component of the ways you can spend time efficiently, but this has an indirect effect on building wide rosters. I'm constantly thinking about the best ways to use my rank up resources, and while they can be used to directly rank up champions that can directly increase my ability to do higher or harder content, most of the time I'm spending rank up resources to rank up champions to generate more points in the arena, which has the net effect of ultimately improving my ability to earn more champions in a couple ways. I am also strategically prioritizing ranking up champions that broaden my roster in various ways, for example I might be ranking up a champion to rank 2 or rank 3 that I currently have no direct use for, but I believe has a higher probability of becoming useful in the future, and the rank up stages that champion for future more expensive rank ups if they become more imminently useful.
    Which is the point of the complaints about act 6. Guys ranked champs to do harder content. Sometimes the better use of your resources were to rank 4*s to fill gaps on questing teams were you lacked 5*s or 5*s with awakened abilities. In theory a 5* should carry you farther than a 4* and have more longevity in the game but in reality rng makes awakening 5*s much harder than 4*s so people invested resources in the champs they had. At no time was there any mention or has there been any restrictions on the hero rating of champs needed to enter any content in the game. There has always been a recommend team rating but if you followed that nobody would have done rol because there still doesn't exist a team to meet that recommendation for rating
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    MaatMan said:

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
    The SW one is immensely useful for rage paths and other stuff.
    The tech point Kobster pointed out.
    And with Thor, he can make Hyperion, Medusa etc. even more absolutely insane.

    Point is, they built it into his kit for a reason, and 1/3 of it is now obsolete for story mode.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

    MaatMan said:

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
    The vision one is very useful if you also run ghost
    my point was he was saying it gimps his cap.
    i was saying it doesnt.

    and the synergies are useful for others yes. but not game breaking. only slight nice additions. i love the Gulk one TBH. it is awesome. but i dont even use it often cus its not worth the space on my roster.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019

    MaatMan said:

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
    The SW one is immensely useful for rage paths and other stuff.
    The tech point Kobster pointed out.
    And with Thor, he can make Hyperion, Medusa etc. even more absolutely insane.

    Point is, they built it into his kit for a reason, and 1/3 of it is now obsolete for story mode.
    Yes and No.
    all those synergies still have an option to be used. they all have 3 potential triggers.
    at least one will be still available in each class.

    i agree it sucks and it takes some away.
    i like the boost it gives my SW also.
    love the Gulk one mostly.

    but the synergies are still all available.

    also @BirdReynolds BW is available as a 5*.
  • Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    MaatMan said:

    Kobster84 said:

    MaatMan said:

    I think it’s pretty lame that Cap IW’s synergies (not sig ability) are going to be severely gimped for act 6. Granted he’s still an incredible champ and they aren’t the main reason I ranked him. But I did invest heavily in him, 2 t5b/10 t2a/180 sig stones, and want to be able to use him to his full potential. But now 1/3 of his synergies are unavailable for act 6 because they aren’t available or regularly available as 5* or 6* champs.
    It seems he was designed with team building around him being a core aspect of his abilities.
    It won’t stop me from completing and exploring act 6, I have the roster. But from a design standpoint, just why? Why push unique synergies like this in the build of champions, or as indirect buffs to older and obsolete champions, only to roadblock it out of use for the most significant piece of solo content? Were these things not considered when the act 6 restrictions were conceived? We’re the Act 6 restrictions not thought of yet when these synergies were created?



    doesnt matter for CAPIW though.
    His synergies give absolutely 0 benifit to him.
    and i dont see them as great enough to those other champs to cry about not having them.

    cap gets his ability from his sig which requires class not a specific champ.
    his synergies mean nothing to him.
    The vision one is very useful if you also run ghost
    my point was he was saying it gimps his cap.
    i was saying it doesnt.

    and the synergies are useful for others yes. but not game breaking. only slight nice additions. i love the Gulk one TBH. it is awesome. but i dont even use it often cus its not worth the space on my roster.
    It does tho. His cap makes his whole team better and you need more than just one person to finish content... the team cannot be used to its fullest potential and sometimes 4k life makes a difference between completion...
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    but i does not gimp cap,
    it gimps SW, DS etc.
    Cap is still the same regardless of the active synergies or not.
    so not being able to bring SW may ruin your team choice
    but it does not ruin CapIW.
    he is still the same with or without her.
    and its not like anyone brings their CapIW just to boost their SW
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @MaatMan my post said “regularly available”. I’m aware she exists, so do others. But not regularly.
    Again, as my original post stated, I’m not freaking out about it. It just seems like it was something that wasn’t considered when the 4* ban was devised. And for something as impactful as that, you’d hope everything is considered.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    i am really waiting for this announcment from kabam saying why they did this...
  • Options
    Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Posts: 144 ★★
    Killing synergies kind of goes against the whole point of creating them in the first place. Not cool. I also don’t like the overinflated pi by the end of what will only be chapter one. If that read more like chapter 1, chapter 2, etc. I could see that being a thing. To make the very first chapter this long and this difficult to beat...I’m not so sure that’s a good move. No one wants “the maze” type difficulty for the very first chapter. This seems to take a lot of the fun right out of the game, and focus more on kabams cash grabbing skills. Change the difficulty to make the chapter 1 final boss around like 50k pi, take out the 5 and 6* requirements to keep synergies and the 4* characters relevant(even if it’s simply synergy based cause that’s the real issue), oh and that new cavalier crystal: good idea, horrible form. Why would anyone who makes it this far want a 3 or 4* champion if you are going to make them irrelevant for future content? And really at this point shouldn’t that crystal be all 4,5,and 6* champions? I’ll bet that’s the next step up huh? Come on guys. You’ve been doing great but this announcement sucks, and really took all the wind out of the sails that act 6 was coming in on. Change this stuff, Kabam. No 9-10 paths at 3 energy. Try 7 paths tops(and for those of us playing for along time we never receive the benefit of low energy costs so all your new players get rewarded, and all the vets get shafted). Change that crystal, get rid of the 5 and 6* champion requirements, and push back the release til you do all that. More people would actually be excited if you did
  • Options
    I see that y’all have eradicated the use of 4 star champions from Act 6.

    Well, y’all should change of monthly event quest to reward more 5 star and 6 star shards. Also, increase the shards you get from grinding arenas, since y’all want to incorporate these asinine requirements.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 435 ★★★★
    Still waiting for this “write up” justifying yet another terrible decision.

    Or was that another lie?
  • Options
    ZachAttack06ZachAttack06 Posts: 74
    So you are saying 63k t2a shards total for 6.1 rewards but they aren’t listed in completion or exploration. So that means it’ll be 10,500 per completed quest? Or exploration per quest?
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Now, someone out there might be saying, "Why would you even try to use Sentry? He's not that effective a character."

    Well, that's the entire problem, isn't it? Whose freaking fault is that? I have a 5-star, duped Sentry THAT KABAM GAVE ME FROM CRYSTALS.

    Five and 6-stars are the only characters usable in Act 6.

    So how on God's Green Earth does it makes sense to a single person that the character that Kabam gives you, that is restricted to the content they make, ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THE CONTENT ON ITS OWN?

    My God. I would be fired from my job if I walked into my boss' office and said that's how I was doing a project.
  • Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    MattMan said:

    Still waiting for this “write up” justifying yet another terrible decision.

    Or was that another lie?

    ur name is too similar to mine... i read your post and thought "hang on.. i never typed that..." LOL...
    atleast we have different avatars... LOL
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    MaatMan said:

    i am really waiting for this announcment from kabam saying why they did this...

    Same. Doesn't look good for an announcement today. Honestly it should have been part of the original announcement. What is the reasoning behind it? Is this act 6.1 only? Is this for all of act 6?
  • Options
    IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    MaatMan said:

    i am really waiting for this announcment from kabam saying why they did this...

    It will come with the data collected on Dr. strange.
  • Options
    TawliTawli Posts: 67
    Terrible.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    How disappointing. Looks like we won’t be getting an explanation today as promised. The workday is already over.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike how about an update on our update...
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

    How disappointing. Looks like we won’t be getting an explanation today as promised. The workday is already over.

    What can they even say, Viper? Seriously. What can they even say?

    "Yeah, we know we built the game on RNG. Some people dupe Blades and Corvus Glaives, some people dupe Groots and Black Panthers. But you people with Groots and Black Panthers who have been mixing-and-matching FOR YEARS, take heart -- your four-stars aren't gonna be available in Act 6, so instead of being kinda screwed, you're just all the way screwed. Have fun watching your peers who already have better rosters than you because of RNG clear even more content!"
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    ESF said:

    V1PER1987 said:

    How disappointing. Looks like we won’t be getting an explanation today as promised. The workday is already over.

    What can they even say, Viper? Seriously. What can they even say?

    "Yeah, we know we built the game on RNG. Some people dupe Blades and Corvus Glaives, some people dupe Groots and Black Panthers. But you people with Groots and Black Panthers who have been mixing-and-matching FOR YEARS, take heart -- your four-stars aren't gonna be available in Act 6, so instead of being kinda screwed, you're just all the way screwed. Have fun watching your peers who already have better rosters than you because of RNG clear even more content!"
    Yes but promising they’ll come up with a comprehensive statement as to why they decided it and delivering it is better than promising and not delivering. Transparent communication anyone?
Sign In or Register to comment.