**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I'm just saying it has me asking questions. Don't have much conclusions.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

Seeing the latest reactions has me rethinking. Clearly the new Maps are more than I expected. What I'm wondering is will people adjust? It's still new. Should they be adjusted? Would it have been more motivating if they came out with Defense Tactics and the new Rewards? Definitely has me rethinking since the reactions seem more than previous Map changes.

Hey man was wondering when you would chime in lol. Check out the reaction to nodes like double aegis on 13 or 10 I think it is, he has 9 invincible charges to start with. U gotta intercept and hit with heavies to remove all the charges before u even start to do damage. And this with 3 min timer...
    Oh I've been watching the Forum. I see.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    edited June 2019

Oh I've been watching the Forum. I see.

Well let’s hope that also forces a rethink from Kabam or it will arguably result in the death of Alliance Wars altogether if this keeps up.

Similar to when the last major war map update rolled out, for challenger/expert tiers and above with the new mini bosses, and they had Node 30 with the buffs on it that node 29 ended with, everyone cried out at how insanely OP it was. They actually listened and reverted it to where it ended up having the optional node 29 to bypass if needed.

Some sort of rationalisation is sorely needed like this.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Seeing the latest reactions has me rethinking. Clearly the new Maps are more than I expected. What I'm wondering is will people adjust? It's still new. Should they be adjusted? Would it have been more motivating if they came out with Defense Tactics and the new Rewards? Definitely has me rethinking since the reactions seem more than previous Map changes.

We all knew this would be the outcome. There's 10 pages of forum posts in this thread alone where people predicted this result. We had a look at the nodes, we saw the expanded paths. People who play regularly and at the highest levels can usually predict with great accuracy how difficult content will be.

Too bad the decision was made not to listen to the feedback, as usual I must add.

If rewards were increased, at least some people might have been motivated to learn this. Even if they had not increased this season's rewards but simply announced in advance Season 11 rewards, that might have been sufficient motivation. But nope, the choice was made to keep completely silent, increase difficulty with no corresponding increase in rewards. So this is the result you have chosen Kabam. When you choose your action, you choose the consequence that comes with it.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Knew this was coming, idk what the point of the beta was 99% of the players told you the new AW is way too much, even if they quadruple the rewards its not enough for this imo. We were Plat 1 and just switched to a Gold 1/2 alliance, tired of being on Kabams hamster wheel. If you all want them to notice dont post here just stop spending, its simple. The community has 0 voice anymore because no matter what they do people still spend and news flash everyone who reads this are more than likely some of the top spenders myself included, so next time you want to buy that shiny new sig deal or awakening gem just stop and think. Only a matter of time before they screw up the game to a point of no return. I love the game but recently am finding it a lot easier to put down. AW is one of the fun game modes the end game players like, that doesnt mean we want to spend $500.00 a week to clear it. Its so simple just make the majority of your customers happy and the money will come regardless, do they look happy?

So true.
  • SwettJoeSwettJoe Posts: 1
    (first of all sorry for my bad english)
    I would never have thought of registering on this forum, but today I'm here to say, that your new map sucks even more than our alliance in this war. Thank you a lot for this wonderful feelings of being defeated.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    SwettJoe said:

(first of all sorry for my bad english)
    I would never have thought of registering on this forum, but today I'm here to say, that your new map sucks even more than our alliance in this war. Thank you a lot for this wonderful feelings of being defeated.

You along with thousands and thousands of others feel the same way. Just go back to playing monthly quest and stay away from AQ and AW is the message we have been given n

• VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    With the Bad Rewards. and this crazy node abilities in Tier 4.... I think not worth to concentrate on AW...

• PgalPgal Posts: 39
    Vuska said:

With the Bad Rewards. and this crazy node abilities in Tier 4.... I think not worth to concentrate on AW...

The bad news is that it's not worth concentrating in AQ either now
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    If the Aegis’ indestructible charges work anything like Luke Cage’s charge you should also be able to nullify them.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited June 2019
    xNig said:

In Xtum’s defence, they are very good players. My alliance fought them during Seasons and we lost by 2 deaths I think. They ceded about 15 deaths and were very heavily boosted for all fights.

Not sure what alliance / tier Xtum is in but 15 deaths is too many for master. That’s more like platinum 1/2 and assuming you are facing alliances with a lot of r5 defenders and no r3s. Not saying they aren’t platinum quality - but few alliances were ranked couple tiers potentially too high and as you move down tiers there was just more and more sprinkled in which was pushing other alliances out.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I still dont know why they didnt just release the new rewards with this. We mightve been more motivated to participate in this mode. Oh well, guess this is a good time as any to shift into a map 6 AQ alliance.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    I think it is time to stop using items in AW until this map is fixed, it’d with your wallet
    edited June 2019
    Salty808 said:

You talk so much **** for Kabam and you only reach this decision because of the amount of reactions? I bet you don't even play the game and just take pay checks from Kabam to support them on their forums
    The Award for Most Unproductive Comment goes to.....
    I waa speaking historically. We've had a fair number of Map iterations and none have been too much for people to adjust to. I've also seen people react on many, many occasions where they haven't even experienced it yet, and usually it isn't as bad as expected. In this case, I changed my mind because I've noticed a difference. I've already said I'm rethinking it. Which means I could have been wrong. Having already admitted that, I think you're just adding insult to injury here.
  • Yeah, let's try to get back on topic here. There's legitimate concerns about the new AW Map and they're getting buried by this stuff. I believe the point was made in reference to him. Let's move forward and try not to get detoured from the real issues at hand.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    DH on that node is crazy, good luck because heavy hits put him in to shield mode and he'll just autoblock your intercepts, a sig 200 will be so nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HSSfNlS00&t=8s
  • DH on that node is crazy, good luck because heavy hits put him in to shield mode and he'll just autoblock your intercepts, a sig 200 will be so nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HSSfNlS00&t=8s

Yeah, that's among the MANY concerns for sure! I shudder to think how irritating that battle would be. Aegis in general is rough, but add him in... whoa buddy that's gonna be nasty for most players. Trying to think of a viable (and ideal) counter for such a situation.
  • Mcord117 said:

If you were to use Hyperion against dh there, intercept first, then once all done, heavy parry twice the indestructible would be down and you would likely be at an l3. I think there are harder encounters for that node

Who else? I keep forgetting Hyperion is a good counter for Aegis in general. But say you didn't have him (like myself for example) who else? Just for research purposes. Would Nebula work with her Electroshock Charges up? Reduces other bots Ability Accuracy by 20% per charge. If you went in with Proxima synergy you may have an edge on DH.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Madcat said:

*10 pages after they have deleted at least 5 more pages of negative posts, and banned at least 12 people that I know of from those missing pages/posts. That is not going to change people's opinion of the new content. My favorite part is where Miike said that there is "no increase in difficulty" with the changes... I am dying laughing at that one. Does anyone on the Dev team play at the Tier 3+ level?

It’s not the first time they have made that claim. Doubt it will be the last, though it should be the last time they make that claim.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited June 2019
    Lol, still none of the above for 5* champs. Man I'm screwed.

Edit - not sure if any of those would help with Darkhawk though. That's why I mentioned Nebs.