**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Summoner Showdown Tournament Begins July 31!

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

9 week tournament so not sure how that can all be done at sdcc. I thought I read something about the finale being in Nycc. Unless I misread it seems like there won’t be the regular activity but I’m honestly just looking for clarification on that.

@Greywarden Each group of 3 competes once a week over 9 weeks at Marvel’s headquarters in NYC. The winner from each group of 3 advances to the final tournament rounds that will be held this October at New York Comic Con.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

The above post isn’t showing up for me. Here’s a link to it:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/149945/community-champions-competition
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

9 week tournament so not sure how that can all be done at sdcc. I thought I read something about the finale being in Nycc. Unless I misread it seems like there won’t be the regular activity but I’m honestly just looking for clarification on that.

@Greywarden Each group of 3 competes once a week over 9 weeks at Marvel’s headquarters in NYC. The winner from each group of 3 advances to the final tournament rounds that will be held this October at New York Comic Con.
    Thanks DT! Now I guess my question is if the final tournament rounds held at nycc will replace the tournament they usually have there.

Realistically I just wanna spin that damn wheel lol....
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

- Duel one of those 3 Champions. We’ll tell you which Accounts to duel when the Contest goes live.
    - You submit that duel by uploading a screen capture from the pause screen of the fight.
    - Then vote for the Contestant you believe will win that week.
    a/ Is it necessary to win the duel?
    b/ Can vote for another Contestant instead of a/?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

This thread is hilarious, if you post anti-kabam (or in this case anti-youtubers, which is funny as a lot of them aren't even youtubers) you get a lot of agrees, if you post anything that likes this idea you get lots of disagrees. Sometimes this community is so depressing.

I'd take those Disagrees with a grain of salt. They're just spammed.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Jestress said:

i would beat all of the summoners in this tournament with lubed up fingers.

with that said, let us make march madness-style brackets for in-game prizes so we can be more engaged in the tournament.

also, please change the name of this from "summoner showdown" to "handpicked individuals who make youtube videos and are in no way representative of the game's best talent."

Wow. Glad people read threads instead of just reacting without knowing what they're talking about lmao
    You thought you count as a summoner? WRONG! Also good stuff on Kam's pod (he's in my BG) :)
  • Options

chunkyb said:

Jestress said:

with that said, let us make march madness-style brackets for in-game prizes so we can be more engaged in the tournament.

also, please change the name of this from "summoner showdown" to "handpicked individuals who make youtube videos and are in no way representative of the game's best talent."

Wow. Glad people read threads instead of just reacting without knowing what they're talking about lmao
    You thought you count as a summoner? WRONG! Also good stuff on Kam's pod (he's in my BG) :)
    Haha thanks man! I was just hoping I didn't bring down the IQ of the pod lol. Kam rocks so hard. Dude has so much insight into the game it's crazy.
  • Options
    I think we all would. Not sure that would go over for airfare to NYC. Lol.
  • Options
    It's definitely a suggestion for the future. In this case, it's a joint project with Marvel.
  • Options
    dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Sounds great..!!
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

This thread is hilarious, if you post anti-kabam (or in this case anti-youtubers, which is funny as a lot of them aren't even youtubers) you get a lot of agrees, if you post anything that likes this idea you get lots of disagrees. Sometimes this community is so depressing.

I truly don't understand how something like this upset anyone lol
  • Options
    Jestress said:

chunkyb said:

Jestress said:

my comment was mostly sarcastic. though i would still appreciate a march-madness style bracket. also, did read the whole thread. agree with both sides. personally i would have loved to be in a tournament.
    Sure, it would definitely be cool if they do something similar in an open format but that would also be a huge undertaking with the amount of people playing the game. Regardless the fact that I'm not directly involved in this certainly hasn't hurt my feelings or made me feel cheated as it seems to have with some
  • Options
    AndiYTDE said:

I truly don't understand how something like this upset anyone lol
    If they had announced it without mentioning anything prior to that, nobody would be upset. They´ve built up a hype which made the community believe that something big was coming to the game that everyone could be a part of sooner or later, like ROL 2.0, LOL 2.0, a special event or anything else that is worthy of such a hype. What´s happening here is that Kabam announced something that only a handful of people can experience, thus people are disappointed. I don´t really know why that is so hard to understand...
    No, they announced there would be a big announcement. You guys, decided to get hyped up about something you had no information about. Whether or not you consider the tournament a big thing is of course subjective and an opinion anyone is welcome to but they definitely didn't "build up hype"

It's not anything worth arguing about as people will feel how they feel. I just don't personally understand the reaction of many is all.
  • Options
    Been trying to locate the hype.

Found 1 official account tweet and one from Miike. Think there was also a mention here from him.. But both the tweet and the post were mostly asking about who would be there and trying to make sure they had people available to play on stage.

Maybe I missed where something else was posted that would be considered hype and/or lead people to believe whatever it is they believed about the announcement. Just not seeing any language that would make me think "oh ppl gonna be insanely angry about this" lol
  • Options
    There isn't really. People heard big surprise and started filling in the blanks. I don't believe they're in control of our thoughts.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    chunkyb said:

Should be referring to this.

On hindsight, and reading in context, the big announcement is tournament itself.
  • Options
    BXBombaz197BXBombaz197 Posts: 57
    This sounds pretty cool actually. Wish it was more a PvP type of tourney but it's all good. Good luck to those who participate!
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    There will be 10s of thousands of viewers of this event. They will be the lower skilled and/or new players.
    I do this kind of marketing for a living. This is a very poor way to market the game at Comic-Con. It will attract no new players and does nothing for majority existing players.

This is what is referred to as a sizeable miss. Or “opportunity” in further years.

PM me if you wanna really have this season of NY Comic-Con to take off for your guys.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

Found 1 official account tweet and one from Miike. Think there was also a mention here from him.. But both the tweet and the post were mostly asking about who would be there and trying to make sure they had people available to play on stage.

Maybe I missed where something else was posted that would be considered hype and/or lead people to believe whatever it is they believed about the announcement. Just not seeing any language that would make me think "oh ppl gonna be insanely angry about this" lol

Agree. I think people are just used to complaining about everything now. I'm sure there are things about which I care less than this "issue" but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I just want to spin the damn wheel, prizes are pretty good.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

chunkyb said:

Agree. I think people are just used to complaining about everything now. I'm sure there are things about which I care less than this "issue" but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
    And "some" people (a select elite crowd) complains about complaining and defends everything they do, good or bad, so I guess it evens itself out.
    LOL if you are putting me in the "defends everything they do" group you aren't paying attention, but whatever.
  • Options

Ace_03 said:

chunkyb said:

And "some" people (a select elite crowd) complains about complaining and defends everything they do, good or bad, so I guess it evens itself out.
    LOL if you are putting me in the "defends everything they do" group you aren't paying attention, but whatever.
    Likewise myself. Apparently not assuming everything that happens in the game is down to some nefarious motive and overreacting about it is agreeing with everything they do.
This discussion has been closed.