**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Compensation

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    No

Don't get me wrong I don't like how they handled this but they've never handled any situation like this well.

Not sure why anyone is surprised. If a champ is doing something very beneficial that isn't explicitly stated, it's getting changed.

I didn't rank AA for LoL so cared far less about his change than others. I sure had a lot of mystic defenders though and that MD change ruined my defense. Those were things that were flat out stated to be working as intended but got changed anyway with no RDT or compensation that came.

If you've been playing this game for a few years and still ranked SH for that sole reason, well shame on you for not learning.

While I get what you’re saying to me discussions like the one that is being held currently can be used for positive change, just because they have made decisions in the past on certain champs shouldn’t dictate that’s how they should handle every situation in the future. Some people seem to be saying that this is all we can expect and we should just get used to it. I don’t see that as acceptable. I’d doubt things will change in regards to these issues but if we don’t voice our displeasure then the hope for any change is 0.
    Oh I completely agree it was handled poorly, yet again. I don't have a problem with the change however. They absolutely should have been far more upfront that this was being looked at as inhave a very hard time believing they've just found out about this in the last week.

I just don't really see why anyone is surprised honestly. The first time I saw a video of that fight with a R3 SH first thing I thought was "that's getting changed very soon".

I dont think the focus of this discussion should be whether the change is justified or should stick but be about how poorly something like this was handled yet again.

The change is certainly warranted in my opinion but this is yet another black eye on them in how they handle situations such as this
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Why do We Even Need Compensation
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

@Demonzfyre How am I the problem? I want the game to function properly so I can enjoy it. I don’t want Kabam to keep doing whatever they want, and for the players to suffer

It's Kabams game, they can do what they want with it.
    While that is true, it's not necessarily a valid mentality to have. If they went around just changing any champ randomly that players were using to their advantage within their specified abilities, they'd likely lose far more players than incoming players could compensate for.

In an instance like this where players find an unintended interaction that benefits them to the point of being able to clear the majority of an endgame fight that's one the most difficult in the game currently with a R2 or R3 5*, well they shouldn't really be surprised when that gets changed.
    Sure, but ultimately they can do as they please, whether we like it or not. Outside of the actual Marvel IPs they're licensed, they have full creative control on gameplay and functionality. Regardless of the backlash they can do as they want. We don't make the decisions, they do. That was my point. Whether it's good or bad for the players is irrelevant in the topic of final decision making, and is a completely different discussion altogether.
    They could end the game tomorrow if they wanted to and no one could do a thing.
  • Options

@Demonzfyre I’ve tried to reason with GW before. Nothing registers in his narrow Kabam oriented mind. I don’t mind being one of the many people who bully GW

Then move on. At some point just agree to disagree and be on your way.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Yes

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    No

@Liss_Bliss_ bold of you to assume that any one of us have small and fragile worlds. Doing just fine than you very much

It you have to resort to personal attacks, and sexual remarks, yeah I will think that.

To use someones personal life against them, well try to, it shows how limited your argument is.

To resort to talking about oral activities, to try and goad someone or make them mad, it shows how limited your argument is.

You want to get under peoples skin? Argue with definitive proof. Not just anecdotal, conjecture. And leave the junior high insults where they belong.
  • Options
    PrathapPrathap Posts: 582 ★★★
    If She Hulk needs rank down tickets for being nerfed., Safe to assume that we all can ask for free rankup gems for Colossus or OML once the buff is completed..

Same logic.. right?
  • Options
    Yes
    Would definitely like some compensation sent our way
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Yes

Don't get me wrong I don't like how they handled this but they've never handled any situation like this well.

Not sure why anyone is surprised. If a champ is doing something very beneficial that isn't explicitly stated, it's getting changed.

I didn't rank AA for LoL so cared far less about his change than others. I sure had a lot of mystic defenders though and that MD change ruined my defense. Those were things that were flat out stated to be working as intended but got changed anyway with no RDT or compensation that came.

If you've been playing this game for a few years and still ranked SH for that sole reason, well shame on you for not learning.

While I get what you’re saying to me discussions like the one that is being held currently can be used for positive change, just because they have made decisions in the past on certain champs shouldn’t dictate that’s how they should handle every situation in the future. Some people seem to be saying that this is all we can expect and we should just get used to it. I don’t see that as acceptable. I’d doubt things will change in regards to these issues but if we don’t voice our displeasure then the hope for any change is 0.
    Oh I completely agree it was handled poorly, yet again. I don't have a problem with the change however. They absolutely should have been far more upfront that this was being looked at as inhave a very hard time believing they've just found out about this in the last week.

I just don't really see why anyone is surprised honestly. The first time I saw a video of that fight with a R3 SH first thing I thought was "that's getting changed very soon".

I dont think the focus of this discussion should be whether the change is justified or should stick but be about how poorly something like this was handled yet again.

The change is certainly warranted in my opinion but this is yet another black eye on them in how they handle situations such as this
    Pretty much how I feel to be fair. I also do remember thinking after seeing the LOL run that that defiantly will be looked at.
    Super glad I never took mine right up, just feel really sorry for those that did.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yes

• Options
    No

Okay here’s some proof. She hulk has been in this game for over 3 years now. Her heavy chain from a combo has been doable since her release. Even during the beta, Kabam did not say anything about she hulks heavy chain being a bug or frame rate glitch. People have been using it this for so many years and now it’s being fixed? Seems very suspicious. Even with this, she hulk isn’t broken or OP, and it was a nice little thing she could do. The best thing Kabam can do now is at least release rank down tickets or some sort of compensation to make up for something that has been a part of she hulk for a long time, and is why many people took her up

You think being able to pin 6.2.6 champion in a corner and take basically zero damage with a R2-3 SH is a "nice little thing she can do"?
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,729 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Prathap said:

If She Hulk needs rank down tickets for being nerfed., Safe to assume that we all can ask for free rankup gems for Colossus or OML once the buff is completed..

Same logic.. right?

Is that really your arguement...?
  • Options
    No
    I've cleared all of 6.2 personally and never used SH once btw. So this certainly isn't me just not caring bc I got my use from her already. I did it with mostly capiw, sum sup, and MS
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    No

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

@Demonzfyre How am I the problem? I want the game to function properly so I can enjoy it. I don’t want Kabam to keep doing whatever they want, and for the players to suffer

It's Kabams game, they can do what they want with it.
    While that is true, it's not necessarily a valid mentality to have. If they went around just changing any champ randomly that players were using to their advantage within their specified abilities, they'd likely lose far more players than incoming players could compensate for.

In an instance like this where players find an unintended interaction that benefits them to the point of being able to clear the majority of an endgame fight that's one the most difficult in the game currently with a R2 or R3 5*, well they shouldn't really be surprised when that gets changed.
    Sure, but ultimately they can do as they please, whether we like it or not. Outside of the actual Marvel IPs they're licensed, they have full creative control on gameplay and functionality. Regardless of the backlash they can do as they want. We don't make the decisions, they do. That was my point. Whether it's good or bad for the players is irrelevant in the topic of final decision making, and is a completely different discussion altogether.
    They could end the game tomorrow if they wanted to and no one could do a thing.
    Yep, literally happened to a free to play multiplayer shooter on Steam that I used to play. All things were good, game had been in beta for a few years, they finally put it into 1.0 and about a month later they announced they were ending development on it and would look to shut down the servers by the end of this year.
  • Options
    No

@Worknprogress it’s not broken though. It’s one matchup she really shines in. Even while spamming heavies in the corner (which a lot of champs can do) like OML and doc ock, it doesn’t make her game breaking.

It's not one matchup she can do that in multiple matchups. That's just the most difficult and prominent currently.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Kabam is a disappointment.

Tell us something we don’t know.
  • Options
    No
    And I'd say a R2 5* being able to clear the majority of one the most difficult fights in game currently while taking almost no damage is definitely broken
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No

Can’t talk trash about you here, but YouTube doesn’t ban trash talk against you and Kabam. We can all have a nice discussion about how you suck there instead

I'm pretty sure that was dealt with as well. You see, I'm quite aware of their Policies. I know what to do when issues arise.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Yes

• Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Yes

And I'd say a R2 5* being able to clear the majority of one the most difficult fights in game currently while taking almost no damage is definitely broken

Think people can make similar comparisons to quake though, speculating but I’m pretty sure when they released her they had no intention of people being able to go through whole fights with her not only not hitting the opponent but the opponent also not being able to hit her and her taking 0 damage.
  • Options

Okay here’s some proof. She hulk has been in this game for over 3 years now. Her heavy chain from a combo has been doable since her release. Even during the beta, Kabam did not say anything about she hulks heavy chain being a bug or frame rate glitch. People have been using it this for so many years and now it’s being fixed? Seems very suspicious. Even with this, she hulk isn’t broken or OP, and it was a nice little thing she could do. The best thing Kabam can do now is at least release rank down tickets or some sort of compensation to make up for something that has been a part of she hulk for a long time, and is why many people took her up

Would you even care if they removed it id they never buffed her?
  • Options
    No

@Worknprogress you know ghost with a tech power boost can regain all her power and just keep spamming special 2 attacks? She hulk can spam heavies in a corner but it’s still just a different playstyle. You still have to bait specials and stuff. Do you want doc oc to be nerfed too? He can also spam heavies in the corner

For one that's ghost operating within her specified abilities. Two she definitely can't do that as a R2 in end game content as those boosts are based off percentage health taken so good luck with that. Plus have fun taking ghost into that champion fight even as a R5 anyway. 3 you dont have to bait squat after a few combos due to taunt on her fury. You just back up and he throws sp1. 4 I have seen some of but am far less familiar with doc oc in that situation but you better believe if there's ever a major end game fight he spams with it, that's gone too.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,729 ★★★★★

@Worknprogress you know ghost with a tech power boost can regain all her power and just keep spamming special 2 attacks? She hulk can spam heavies in a corner but it’s still just a different playstyle. You still have to bait specials and stuff. Do you want doc oc to be nerfed too? He can also spam heavies in the corner

For one that's ghost operating within her specified abilities. Two she definitely can't do that as a R2 in end game content as those boosts are based off percentage health taken so good luck with that. Plus have fun taking ghost into that champion fight even as a R5 anyway. 3 you dont have to bait squat after a few combos due to taunt on her fury. You just back up and he throws sp1. 4 I have seen some of but am far less familiar with doc oc in that situation but you better believe if there's ever a major end game fight he spams with it, that's gone too.
    How about quake hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This discussion has been closed.