**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you not doing Act 6 Content? Why?

Comments

• Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    To the original question, slowly picking away at 6.1 exploration before touching anymore of 6.2.

Rng luck has not been in my favor with certain champs counters, and really don’t want to dump items needlessly into champs that won’t put a dent into some of the champs. (Not saying I don’t want to use items, just want to make any grind time worth it when a push is made on exploration.)
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I'm stuck on the Mordo boss quest in 6.2 and honestly have no desire to do it anytime soon. The content is harder and harder, it feels like we're still scraping for resources and good rewards while the endgame players rosters exponentially grow in comparison. It's just not fun for me at the moment. I don't like the longer fights, the crazy node combinations, the damage from not doing anything wrong, the artificial gates, the huge health and attack pools, and looking forward to what others have done in 6.3 i know i won't even be attempting it for at least a year if not longer. That's not a good sign for progress in the game. I know a lot of people aren't doing act 6 yet and going for variant and I'm one of them.

Then wait a bit. the health pools scaled from act 5 compared to what we had then to act 6 pretty linearly in regards to the difference between the champs and the fights. Waiting a year for the end game content is not a bad sign for the game, it is permanent content meant to be the hardest there is other than the abyss.
  • Options
    TheKiryu said:

Lormif said:

I'm stuck on the Mordo boss quest in 6.2 and honestly have no desire to do it anytime soon. The content is harder and harder, it feels like we're still scraping for resources and good rewards while the endgame players rosters exponentially grow in comparison. It's just not fun for me at the moment. I don't like the longer fights, the crazy node combinations, the damage from not doing anything wrong, the artificial gates, the huge health and attack pools, and looking forward to what others have done in 6.3 i know i won't even be attempting it for at least a year if not longer. That's not a good sign for progress in the game. I know a lot of people aren't doing act 6 yet and going for variant and I'm one of them.

Then wait a bit. the health pools scaled from act 5 compared to what we had then to act 6 pretty linearly in regards to the difference between the champs and the fights. Waiting a year for the end game content is not a bad sign for the game, it is permanent content meant to be the hardest there is other than the abyss.
    6.2 and 6.3 Healt pools did not scale lineary.

Rest is up for the debate. But 6.3 health pools are far greater than they had any right to be. Once again - think about it - i have highest 5 champions in game pi wise, and even with suicide mastery setup they do not meet recommended requirement for 6.3 quests. Should be a clear indicator that quest is beefed up to r3 6* level
    fair enough, I should have said pi, not health.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Gates and champ requirements give the top players a huge advantage. You only get champs through luck or whatever arena champ they put out. You can get more opportunities for champs if you spend more money. It’s a really simple business model. PAY TO WIN

And yet Brian Grant is mostly done with 6.2 exploration and hasn't even used items let alone money. You will always have to spend one of two things in a game like this, time OR money. If you don't want to spend money (which I don't blame anyone for at all) then you will need to spend a lot of time growing your roster and ability. Just because someone got lucky with a couple of god tier 5*s early on and flew through Act 5 doesn't mean they're ready for Act 6. Act 6 obviously has far more roster requirements than pretty much any content before it (some I think are far too restrictive personally). So anyone that flew through earlier game content quickly is pretty much going to just have to spend time building a larger roster. A person playing for a year or two isn't going to have the expansive roster as someone playing for 4+ years. That's tons of wars, AQs, side events, etc... that they've gotten shards and crystals from
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

Gates and champ requirements give the top players a huge advantage. You only get champs through luck or whatever arena champ they put out. You can get more opportunities for champs if you spend more money. It’s a really simple business model. PAY TO WIN

And yet Brian Grant is mostly done with 6.2 exploration and hasn't even used items let alone money. You will always have to spend one of two things in a game like this, time OR money. If you don't want to spend money (which I don't blame anyone for at all) then you will need to spend a lot of time growing your roster and ability. Just because someone got lucky with a couple of god tier 5*s early on and flew through Act 5 doesn't mean they're ready for Act 6. Act 6 obviously has far more roster requirements than pretty much any content before it (some I think are far too restrictive personally). So anyone that flew through earlier game content quickly is pretty much going to just have to spend time building a larger roster. A person playing for a year or two isn't going to have the expansive roster as someone playing for 4+ years. That's tons of wars, AQs, side events, etc... that they've gotten shards and crystals from
    Don't mention BG as a fair comparison, this is his job and he is in a top tier alliance with all the time to play, he might be F2P, but has access to the highest levels of rewards in the game.
    So of the two things I mentioned, he spent time. He didnt trip and fall into 4loki. I don't get how someone who has been playing for 2 years and less time per day feels they should be able to "catch up" to someone who's been playing twice as long and plays more on average. How does that make sense?

You don't have to like what I said but it's pretty much a fact. Spend either time or money to progress. How much of either you're willing to spend will dictate rate of progression. If you're not willing or able to spend the amount of either required to get to the level you want to be at, you're going to just have to accept a slower rate of progression. There's nothing wrong with moving at your own pace but you also don't "deserve" something just because you want it if you aren't willing to do what's required to get it
  • Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I got Cavalier easily but after seeing issues with 6.2 champion it's not worth my time for now. I've been ranking up to go after v3, v2 and LoL before I mess with 6.1 explore or 6.2
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

Don't mention BG as a fair comparison, this is his job and he is in a top tier alliance with all the time to play, he might be F2P, but has access to the highest levels of rewards in the game.
    You are talking about end game content, if you are not an end game player why would you expect to complete in game content on or near release without the skill or money to do so? If you dont want to spend the time to get the skill and ability you have to make it up somehow.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I see what you guys are saying that people should have to work to be able to defeat end game content. Agreed. I been playing 4+ years and I play arena regularly and spend every now and then. Have 13 r5 5 stars and I'm an end game player. Stop 60 alliance, blah blah blah. The scale is too high and there is very little counters even me to beat right away. People saying that there are very little options for act 6.3 is spot on. I will complete it before next year as I've taken down 3 chapters already but the amount counters I had to dive into and units spent shows that very few players will be able to reach.
  • Options

I see what you guys are saying that people should have to work to be able to defeat end game content. Agreed. I been playing 4+ years and I play arena regularly and spend every now and then. Have 13 r5 5 stars and I'm an end game player. Stop 60 alliance, blah blah blah. The scale is too high and there is very little counters even me to beat right away. People saying that there are very little options for act 6.3 is spot on. I will complete it before next year as I've taken down 3 chapters already but the amount counters I had to dive into and units spent shows that very few players will be able to reach.

I definitely agree a few fights in particular are far too restrictive. Sinister and acid wash mysterio are the main two I have issue with personally.

The 6.2 gates and general path counters in 6.3 I'm more okay with as those are things players can get through over time without needing absolutely specific champs. Granted, specific champs will make those things far easier, there are still other options. The two fights I mentioned have far too specific a champ requirement in my opinion especially that Mysterio. The only saving grace with the mysterio fight is it's not a boss like Sinister is
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

Lormif said:

Ace_03 said:

You are talking about end game content, if you are not an end game player why would you expect to complete in game content on or near release without the skill or money to do so? If you dont want to spend the time to get the skill and ability you have to make it up somehow.

Ace_03 said:

So of the two things I mentioned, he spent time. He didnt trip and fall into 4loki. I don't get how someone who has been playing for 2 years and less time per day feels they should be able to "catch up" to someone who's been playing twice as long and plays more on average. How does that make sense?

You don't have to like what I said but it's pretty much a fact. Spend either time or money to progress. How much of either you're willing to spend will dictate rate of progression. If you're not willing or able to spend the amount of either required to get to the level you want to be at, you're going to just have to accept a slower rate of progression. There's nothing wrong with moving at your own pace but you also don't "deserve" something just because you want it if you aren't willing to do what's required to get it
    I never said I disliked or like what you wrote, you are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts.
    What is it that I wrote that you feel isn't factual if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I definitely agree a few fights in particular are far too restrictive. Sinister and acid wash mysterio are the main two I have issue with personally.

The 6.2 gates and general path counters in 6.3 I'm more okay with as those are things players can get through over time without needing absolutely specific champs. Granted, specific champs will make those things far easier, there are still other options. The two fights I mentioned have far too specific a champ requirement in my opinion especially that Mysterio. The only saving grace with the mysterio fight is it's not a boss like Sinister is
    The Mysterio in there is ridiculous and I'm not going to play with Man Thing. So the fight will probably take 30 mins to complete. I don't understand that, I have Hyperion so I actually beat Sinister with 3 revives the first day act 6.2 came out but I feel bad for those that don't have a solution for him. I'm still waiting to pull Heimdall though.
  • Options
    Jordan9859Jordan9859 Posts: 4
    Like most I did enough to become Cavalier, but have no desire to do anymore with monthly EQ’s and variants to do also. Just not enough time in my day. I enjoy the game because I manage to keep it fairly stress free.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

I have no reason why I’m not doing 6.3 I guess I just don’t want to, I get disappointed to much form this game I just don’t feel like doing content that’s gonna cost me items

Agreed 100%. It used to be a great get away doing the first 4 or 5 Acts, doing them a little at a time and feeling accomplished. Now it’s just trash Act content, not fun, super restricted, that wasn’t designed for everyone to continue in the game. It’s only designed for the top 5-10% of the player base.

Just imagine if all games once they get past a couple years old only catered to the top 5-10% of their community? Would be a pretty poor gaming world.
    It’s like dark souls or sekiro lol
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

Brian Grant is never offered to be a "fair comparison" to anything. He is simply the most obvious, most verifiable proof that you do not need to spend to progress to the highest levels of the game. In other words, he is the direct counter-example to the notion that you have to spend to get ahead in this game. You don't.

It just doesn't have as much emotional drama to say that people who play more have an advantage over players who play less. Because for most people, that would seem to be both obvious, and obviously desirable.
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 352 ★★★
    Because Variants are a thing and the Variant rewards make a complete mockery of Act 6.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Ace_03 said:

My only caveat to this is that he literally spends 40 hours a week on this. His job, as it were. If this is a 1:1 comparison, does that mean I need to spend (in money) the equivalent of 40 hours a week on it? Or a combination of the two, to succeed? Since I chose to invest neither (I currently spend around $20 a month, and do zero alliance activities after taking 6 months off from game), the content should be viewed as impossible.

At this point, even BG is asking them to reduce the more punishing parts of game progression (like war), to allow rosters to grow and sustain interest, while not nerfing story mode difficulty (which he enjoys). But we have to note that they needed to be coerced to increase side quest rewards this month, and the event quest rewards remain stagnant. I get the impression they want folks to interact with story mode and alliance events (AQ mostly at this point) to drive rosters (and spend, I guess). Which is a tough row to hoe, and part of why I left the last time. I already run a large team inside of a hospital and don’t need alliance nonsense on top of it, and while I make a good living it would seem a lot less good if I spent it all here. I just want to play.

• Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Ace_03 said:

My only caveat to this is that he literally spends 40 hours a week on this. His job, as it were. If this is a 1:1 comparison, does that mean I need to spend (in money) the equivalent of 40 hours a week on it? Or a combination of the two, to succeed? Since I chose to invest neither (I currently spend around $20 a month, and do zero alliance activities after taking 6 months off from game), the content should be viewed as impossible.

At this point, even BG is asking them to reduce the more punishing parts of game progression (like war), to allow rosters to grow and sustain interest, while not nerfing story mode difficulty (which he enjoys). But we have to note that they needed to be coerced to increase side quest rewards this month, and the event quest rewards remain stagnant. I get the impression they want folks to interact with story mode and alliance events (AQ mostly at this point) to drive rosters (and spend, I guess). Which is a tough row to hoe, and part of why I left the last time. I already run a large team inside of a hospital and don’t need alliance nonsense on top of it, and while I make a good living it would seem a lot less good if I spent it all here. I just want to play.

And you don't have to play in an alliance if you dont want to. You do however have to accept that you will progress slower than those that do as this game as of now is very alliance event focused. If you're okay moving along at your own pace outside of an alliance that's great. You not being able to keep up with those in alliances or those that have more free time to play isn't an inherent "problem" with the game in my opinion though. Some game are designed more for casual users that pick them up on occasion to kill a little bit of time here and there, and while you can certainly play MCOC this way, you definitely will be farther behind than others who've started playing from the same point in time but are more active.

I don't think anyone that doesn't want to spend money on any game should spend. My only point was a counter to the "this game is built so only whales can compete" point that gets thrown around. Sure it would take a huge amount of time to keep up at the top without any spending but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Spending the time or money is either worth it to you or it isn't. If it's not, please don't. Just don't get mad at those that do or say the system isn't fair.
  • Options
    Oh and I absolutely agree that war needs serious work. It's why I play in an alliance that places very high in AQ and really doesn't care about war at all. I'll be doing that until war is actually worth the headache and expense again.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

Ace_03 said:

And you don't have to play in an alliance if you dont want to. You do however have to accept that you will progress slower than those that do as this game as of now is very alliance event focused. If you're okay moving along at your own pace outside of an alliance that's great. You not being able to keep up with those in alliances or those that have more free time to play isn't an inherent "problem" with the game in my opinion though. Some game are designed more for casual users that pick them up on occasion to kill a little bit of time here and there, and while you can certainly play MCOC this way, you definitely will be farther behind than others who've started playing from the same point in time but are more active.

I don't think anyone that doesn't want to spend money on any game should spend. My only point was a counter to the "this game is built so only whales can compete" point that gets thrown around. Sure it would take a huge amount of time to keep up at the top without any spending but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Spending the time or money is either worth it to you or it isn't. If it's not, please don't. Just don't get mad at those that do or say the system isn't fair.
    Certainly, I don’t intend for anything I say to sound like I am complaining. I would have to note though that I have only been playing for two years and obviously only active for 18 months of that with my game layoff. I was spending much more time and money and was in an alliance. All of those sufficient to the point that when I was promoted to management of critical care and resource that I realized the game itself and become unsustainable for me. It was odd to realize that to maintain competitiveness in the game I would need to give up some competitiveness in life. Not sure what that means. But I was not in a position to be managing a code blue and walk out to clear my line in alliance war. And it’s doubly frustrating when you know that the game is supposed to be that stress relief that allows you to retain some humanity after working 18 hours during flu surge, Only to find out your own competitive urge doesn’t enjoy the game the same way when you are in fact not competitive. Can’t have it all I guess.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Ace_03 said:

Certainly, I don’t intend for anything I say to sound like I am complaining. I would have to note though that I have only been playing for two years and obviously only active for 18 months of that with my game layoff. I was spending much more time and money and was in an alliance. All of those sufficient to the point that when I was promoted to management of critical care and resource that I realized the game itself and become unsustainable for me. It was odd to realize that to maintain competitiveness in the game I would need to give up some competitiveness in life. Not sure what that means. But I was not in a position to be managing a code blue and walk out to clear my line in alliance war. And it’s doubly frustrating when you know that the game is supposed to be that stress relief that allows you to retain some humanity after working 18 hours during flu surge, Only to find out your own competitive urge doesn’t enjoy the game the same way when you are in fact not competitive. Can’t have it all I guess.
    Yeah I agree that the time requirement in this game can be ridiculous. I've found myself spending more and more time during the day at work dealing with the game. Some of us are able to keep up with that and some of us won't. You can always just play in a lower tier alliance that plays faster maps like map 5 and doesn't care about war though so you can still progress your account and a decent clip
  • Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

Lormif said:

While your comment is factually wrong, I don't recall asking for your advice on this - the thread was our personal reasons why we aren't doing act 6. My points are my own experience. I've played this game since March of 2015, so explaining how progression works to me is kind of silly on it's face. I loved act 5 for the challenge and thought it was fair and balanced for the rewards and time/effort needed to fully complete and explore it. Act 6 is a different beast, even if it's permanent content. The first 5 acts were permanent content as well, that doesn't mean you can use that phrase as a blanket statement to wash away any criticism of how it's designed or impacting the players experience.

Even kabam openly admitted they made mistakes with 6.2 gates, yet kept them in. The number of fights with very VERY specific counters have increased. The nodes are overtuned. The health and attack are on steroids.

Variants are permanent content as well, and difficult, but fun and the rewards are better than anything in Act 6 so far. If you have so few people playing act 6 so far while trying to hype it up, to the point where people got legends titles weeks after it was released, that to me is a sign that it's not designed well and a miss in the overall game experience. If i've already done the variants and the story quest is all that's left besides monthly event quest content, and I don't want to do the story quest, that leaves very little to get me excited or want to push further in the game. I feel stuck and not motivated to tackle this anytime soon. I am not an endgame player and I think I probably represent a pretty average player (maybe on the higher end as I'm about to break a million rating and completed most content besides act 6) and judging from a lot of the feedback on here and from content creators I would say I'm not alone in my feelings on this. I know no one in my alliance has fully explored anything beyond 6.1 and has no desire to do so anytime soon, even if they have the roster to handle it reasonably right now.

Discounting and waving away valid opinions and criticism on here when we're just trying to be honest and communicate with Kabam is unproductive of anyone, especially if your intention and known MO is to be their most die hard defender every day on here. I have friends in the game and I stay connected with the community when I need feedback or advice on how to tackle something holding me back. In this case, I could probably bang it out and get through 6.2 and maybe 6.3 completion if I wanted to. The point is that I choose not to anytime soon for all the reasons I already said. Let people share their experience without trying to argue with them.
    Couldn’t of said it better. Agreed!

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Ace_03 said:

Why do players have such a big aversion to using items in this game?

Do people really expect to walk through new end game content without spending a couple of revives and potions?

I don’t get it, yes, end game content currently is very restricted and champ specific, a lot of messed up fights and paths, however, that’s sort of the point. Even if you have the strongest of rosters, you will have to experiment and practice against these hard enemies until you get a good rhythm against them.

The larger health pools and attack means you have to play as perfectly as possible, but even if you do, the parry and block damage will wither your health eventually, so you will have to either heal or revive at some point.

Another thing that doesn’t make sense is, why are players so mad about spending items or why do other players shame other players for using items/units to beat hard content?

What If I grind the units and potions to do it? Does that make my accomplishments less meritorious because of it?

So, one side believes you should never have to use revives or any items and another mocks you do doing so (even if you grind them and don't spend actual real life currency). Both sides shame you for using items to beat the hardest content...

Yet spend hundred of dollars to open crystals or purchasing deals, bit hypocritical if you ask me.

I understand if you don’t do much arena and EQ’s, it’s really hard to get units. Grinding potions and revives is also extremely time consuming, so your only choice is to spend actual money, this however is a choice, not a compulsory requirement, it's not like Act 6 has a toll where you have swipe your credit card.

So let's say you save your units, what are you to do with them? Isn’t progression the sole purpose they exist? I can bust 9k units to beat some hard, ultra roster limitative content, get a bunch of rewards and strengthen my roster and skills.

Or I can add 6k to that 9k, buy a 15k deal with a bunch of items and rank up materials and maybe get close to the same amount of rewards I would have gotten, for the most part.

In my opinion, ultimately the struggle to go higher, the effort to push through will make you a better player, when you just buy something, you don’t work for it, you don’t really earn it, you don’t become better from it, but the pain, the battles, the brainstorming of strategies, the anxiety, the rush, the pinnacle of madness that this end game pushes you to for an ephemeral amount of time, will ultimate enhance your roster and skills.

In the long run this will make everything cheaper, the more difficult content you face, the stronger you become as a player, more skill, more savy, faster, stronger and more focused. And most importantly stronger champions and roster.

Holding units just to burn them in deals and crystals accomplishes nothing, just a quick fix to quench a gambling thirst.

I've never understood the people that act like they should be able to get through everything with zero items, especially newer players. Granted there's a difference between burning what you have stashed or using some grinded units or even small spending to beat content. I spend a good bit on the game try to refrain from spending too much to beat content still. Unless I need something cleared from a progression point or title or need the resources in the rewards for something specific I'm more than fine picking away at content and doing it as cheaply as I can. That's how I explored 6.2. I cleared all the paths i could do with no or minimal items then slogged through the last few paths I was really struggling with before 6.3 released. Plan on doing the same with it until 6.4 is close
    Overall, this has always puzzled me. My approach with Gaming has always been completing something period first and foremost, then doing it better afterwards. I've never understood the whole concept of not having to use Resources as a given. That's what they're for, and you're not always going to complete something without using them. Perfection is something that comes after.