**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• I like the new map. It's a refreshing change to something that has become very stale and predictable. Boo hoo on not being able to finish your path in 3 hrs or less, leaving the last 21 doing absolutely nothing in war.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Why is there only one transport link to the far left mini boss?

I see it too, that really makes things worse.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    Also, this map is a total disaster for allies having people from different countries. If you want this map you should remove the timer at all.

I'm in a worldwide alliance and somehow I've made it to a mini boss with 12+ hours remaining. Are you guys even playing or just whining?

So am I but not every group is the same, and not every situation is the same. People take different paths or they don't work as a team or they don't get enough people in group and have to travel map without much help.

Almost 12 hrs in and I won't be at a mini boss for another 4 hrs travelling the left path and I've been steadily moving since the war began.

It's a pain having to just pop in the game every hour just to move one spot, teleport, move , fight, move, teleport, fight etc.

If you work a lot, have a family , have friends, have stuff to do them you won't be able to do this that often. Instead of calling people whiners maybe you should consider all the various factors and situations that can come into play and the costs of traversing said map.

To be fair, there is a heck of a lot of whining going on, and if your lips are moving and you're complaining about somethinhg then you're whining. I logged on once after work and again after the Chiefs crushed the Patriots. All my middle eastern and indian alliance mates had knocked out some early nodes while I was at work, so yes teamwork/communication is and should be required for alliance events.

I agree half our bg is u.s. The other half is u.k we were at the minis by 9 am my time so really didn't take that much more effort aq is way more time consuming imo. If you can clear map5 in aq you can clear this aw map easily
    Idontinkso wrote: »
    AW Defense just got a huge nerfs and has ruined AW. No surprises and no strategy required now.

VISIBLE TILES needs to go away immediately!!!! It's too easy to just see the easy matchups, skip past the tough spots and go straight to the mini boss and boss nodes. Plus the lack of foresight in the scouter masteries being made useless shows this decision was not thought out very well. It seems like this decision was made by people who actually don't even play the game or have ever been an officer trying to set up AW defense.

Lack of all or nothing nodes kills diversity.. no place for storm or Phoenix on D now.

Lack of unblockable nodes until you reach miniboss also kills diversity, many mediocre champs needed those to be viable as defenders.

Lack of stun immune nodes other than miniboss makes other champs like NC not as bad to face as well.

Lack of choke points removes any layering of defense. There are too many escape paths...the thing you removed is the thing that defense needs the most, which is a way to contain the offense and slow their progress down.

Regen nodes were a good addition, but not for diversity, it's all going to be ironmen and ultrons on those.

All in all new AW map is a big FAIL with the goals Kabam stated they wanted to achieve. It totally created an imbalance with the huge defensive nerfs. Visible tiles also killed diversity as you can't afford to have anything but the best of the best on defense now, if the offense sees mediocre champs they can just go straight for them and ignore the tough defenders and go around them. Several different champs needed an unblockable special node to be any good and you took that away m killing diversity in the name of making AW offense easy mode for everyone now.

Try magic on them regen nodes and look out. She's gain a ton of health after limbo
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Why is there only one transport link to the far left mini boss?

Yea I saw it too, really strange. I thought the portal next to it would offer a choice between far left and middle left, but instead it offers middle left and middle, meaning that furthest portal is the only portal that can beat the furthest left mini boss.

Strangely enough, the right side doesn't have the same thing, it has 2 portals that could lea to the furthest right boss.

Whatever it is, that kind of limits freedom. If the poor person on the furthest left cannot beat that boss, someone has to be forced to go through the already explored path just to help the person fight the boss. So much for more freedom in movement.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I'm on the fence with the new map, it is still to new. Not sure if I like that the mini bosses are visible, but imagine it could be hell if they weren't.
  • I don't care for it. Apparently 95% of the people here don't either. The portals just make things annoying and are uneccesary. The nodes are just a joke. Bleed immune nodes in specific. It makes bleeders like x23 basically useless. She doesn't gain crit buffs she normally would. Willpower + liquid courage & double edge just became a defenders best weapon. No one even wants to do wars that I know of after this. I love wars and the idea of them but I'm not throwing revives and boosts on myself just to kill a mini boss. I don't want to have to fight Ultrons with a cw or sw just to have a shot at nullifying his now almost unlimited Regen. The changes are just predictable and sad. Might as well make a physical damage immunity node while you're at it.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I don't care for it. Apparently 95% of the people here don't either. The portals just make things annoying and are uneccesary. The nodes are just a joke. Bleed immune nodes in specific. It makes bleeders like x23 basically useless. She doesn't gain crit buffs she normally would. Willpower + liquid courage & double edge just became a defenders best weapon. No one even wants to do wars that I know of after this. I love wars and the idea of them but I'm not throwing revives and boosts on myself just to kill a mini boss. I don't want to have to fight Ultrons with a cw or sw just to have a shot at nullifying his now almost unlimited Regen. The changes are just predictable and sad. Might as well make a physical damage immunity node while you're at it.
    One thing I hated about the portals is it took me 4 energy to get to my first fight. Another 2 energy after that to reach my 2nd fight
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    the old map was 100 times better, im sure there was a way to revamp that without this debacle.

i keep thinking im going to wake up and the last month was just a nightmarish dream, sighh.
  • lnhbnxxjhk9v.png

A scree grab from Reddit. This is whats wrong with this whole AW setup. Defender rating is deciding factor,.
  • Good idea on making war better, but you failed in execution. Rewards suck and 9 paths smh. Whatever I'm free to play. I do like the timer change though. Other than that it's trash.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Pretty awesome map change. good job kabam
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Alliance War has been ruined. Kabam seems to have the Anti-Midias Touch. Might as well call it the Kabam Touch since everthing Kabam touches up gets ruined.

Defender Kill Points need to return, Defense has no purpose aside from Defender Diversity Points which really don't add anything to Alliance War.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    edited September 2017
    EgeC wrote: »
    Here's a good suggestion for AW: Hire somebody who has brains. Your goal is to keep people playing this game right? How will you accomplish that by reducing their actual play time?

This new AW map has too much moving and too little fights. Don't you know that REDUCES the addiction to the game. A LOT of people bored already. Plus all these bug ALL the time! Man you guys are working HARD to mess up an awesome game. Congrats on your accomplishments!

I take back what I said: Kabam should hire someone who has brains for EVERYTHING. New "beta-tested" AW with its billion glitch now prevents people to enter arena.. Man, you guys suck at this! Better go sell bananas or something
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Do you guys ever actually answer questions?

Is it too much of an inconvenience to respond to the people that keep you in business?

And why do you refer to every negative question or statement as unconstructive?

If you mess up or drop the ball is honesty to say it, it's not constructive to pretend mistakes aren't real and to ignore the people that pay your bills.

Unfortunately there's only 1 agree button on the forums.
  • Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    edited September 2017
    Listen guys you're on a really slippery slope here. Alliance war victorys can now be purchased. I did it myself today and actually feel bad for the opponent. They fought their hearts out and ended up loosing because i had units to revive and drop the boss and they didn't. That was the only determining factor in the victory. I understand you developed this game to make money and i have no problems with that at all but skill is basically thrown out the window now.I am not a boss killer yet but because i had units to throw at the war i am now. Duped iceman during war did help a lot though but defensive kill points need to return to maintain a balance.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Question:

If my alliance places no defenders on the maps and if both alliances clear 100%.

Aside from BG clears/exploration, we get 22,500 points in attacker kills.

Aside from BG clears/exploration, say they get 22,000 points in for defender placement (7,500), defender diversity (12,500, assuming they have 100 different champs overall), defender rating (say 2,000 points).

So, say we were sufficiently confident in our gameplay/resources, we could severely handicap ourselves in the war and pull a win that way. This scenario is tight though, even with a 100% clear.

Other scenario, we just have a couple less defenders on the map, since that would take attacker kill points away from the other alliance.

Say we have 90 different defenders over the 3 bgs:

4,500 for defender placement
    11,250 for defender diversity
    22,500 for attacker kills (150 kills)
    TOTAL: 38,250 points

The other alliance, 150 defenders, 100 different champs

7,500 for defender placement
    12,500 for defender diversity
    13,500 for attacker kills, since we only had 90 champs on the map
    TOTAL: 33,500

So, is there a potential advantage to intentionally placing less champs and taking kills from the enemy or am I missing something?
  • You maybe right

But more important, i think the system calculated wrong we had much more diversity then we expectet so iam not sure if we miss sth or it has a bug :|
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    rozeros wrote: »
    Disgusted with the aw, have to do 19 moves to clear path 1?! Is this for real?!

but it's a reduced timer! You'll only need to be available for 19 hours during attack!
    Badrose wrote: »
    Also, this map is a total disaster for allies having people from different countries. If you want this map you should remove the timer at all.

I'm in a worldwide alliance and somehow I've made it to a mini boss with 12+ hours remaining. Are you guys even playing or just whining?

which path did you take and did you solo it or have somebody taking out nodes with you? The outer paths are easier but way longer AND they are needed to unlink other nodes. Depending on your strategy you may have to solo a whole path.

Path 1 is 17 moves/energy. You start with 3 energy so basically 14 moves after that is gone i.e. 14 hours.

14 hours.....that's your best case scenario if you are soloing path 1 AND happen to move as soon as your energy refreshes every hour for the following 14 hours.
  • project314 wrote: »
    Question:

If my alliance places no defenders on the maps and if both alliances clear 100%.

Aside from BG clears/exploration, we get 22,500 points in attacker kills.

Aside from BG clears/exploration, say they get 22,000 points in for defender placement (7,500), defender diversity (12,500, assuming they have 100 different champs overall), defender rating (say 2,000 points).

So, say we were sufficiently confident in our gameplay/resources, we could severely handicap ourselves in the war and pull a win that way. This scenario is tight though, even with a 100% clear.

Other scenario, we just have a couple less defenders on the map, since that would take attacker kill points away from the other alliance.

Say we have 90 different defenders over the 3 bgs:

4,500 for defender placement
    11,250 for defender diversity
    22,500 for attacker kills (150 kills)
    TOTAL: 38,250 points

The other alliance, 150 defenders, 100 different champs

7,500 for defender placement
    12,500 for defender diversity
    13,500 for attacker kills, since we only had 90 champs on the map
    TOTAL: 33,500

So, is there a potential advantage to intentionally placing less champs and taking kills from the enemy or am I missing something?
    @Kabam Miike
    Why have you removed all game play as a factor in aw?
    If every alliance gets 100% and places all different defender how can anyone know if they have won?
    It used to be like a war you kill more than the other side and conquer more territory, and you won.
    Defender rating is only worth 2 points for every thousand?.....are you guys serious with this nonsense?
    Each new defender is worth 60x as much as an additional 1k defender rating, so a team has to have roughly 8 R4 5* champions more than the other team JUST TO OVERCOME 1 ADDITIONAL DIFFERENT DEFENDER.........

1 3STAR DEFENDER IS WORTH MORE THAN 5 R4 5STAR CHAMPIONS......IT TOOK MOST OF 2 YEARS!!!!!! TO GET 1 OR 2....... so some new guy pulls kamala Kahn and puts that worthless champ on d and gets more value than a 2 year loyalists ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY?!.......

And you give us nothing in return for all of the wasted time? Where is your loyalty?.......what kind of business model is this? You take our money and time, we dedicate time and money to build a roster that you make worthless every 6 months....... how about real change instead she'll game ridiculousness

3 OF MY TOP 5 CHAPS ARE DEFENSE!! WHICH YOU MADE WORTHLESS..... THE MAJORITY OF MY RESOURCES WENT TO WAR AND YOU'VE OFFERED ZERO LOGICAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS.....
    @Kabam Miike
    Why have you removed all game play as a factor in aw?
    If every alliance gets 100% and places all different defender how can anyone know if they have won?
    It used to be like a war you kill more than the other side and conquer more territory, and you won.
    Defender rating is only worth 2 points for every thousand?.....are you guys serious with this nonsense?
    Each new defender is worth 60x as much as an additional 1k defender rating, so a team has to have roughly 8 R4 5* champions more than the other team JUST TO OVERCOME 1 ADDITIONAL DIFFERENT DEFENDER.........

1 3STAR DEFENDER IS WORTH MORE THAN 5 R4 5STAR CHAMPIONS......IT TOOK MOST OF 2 YEARS!!!!!! TO GET 1 OR 2....... so some new guy pulls kamala Kahn and puts that worthless champ on d and gets more value than a 2 year loyalists ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TREATING YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY?!.......

And you give us nothing in return for all of the wasted time? Where is your loyalty?.......what kind of business model is this? You take our money and time, we dedicate time and money to build a roster that you make worthless every 6 months....... how about real change instead she'll game ridiculousness

3 OF MY TOP 5 CHAPS ARE DEFENSE!! WHICH YOU MADE WORTHLESS..... THE MAJORITY OF MY RESOURCES WENT TO WAR AND YOU'VE OFFERED ZERO LOGICAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS.....

I agree
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    AW completely misses the mark. Nodes are free of BS and I appreciate that. However, they are also so easy they're free from challenge. Add to that the fact that defender kills don't count and you will have many scenarios where both sides 100% the map.

So what will decide victory? Whether one side Chuck's a Joe Fixit in for diversity. Does that sound like a WAR?

Movement also takes ages. It's utterly boring. Sure, I'll play it for the shards. But it's not a lot of fun.
    Bmf420 wrote: »
    Listen guys you're on a really slippery slope here. Alliance war victorys can now be purchased. I did it myself today and actually feel bad for the opponent. They fought their hearts out and ended up loosing because i had units to revive and drop the boss and they didn't. That was the only determining factor in the victory. I understand you developed this game to make money and i have no problems with that at all but skill is basically thrown out the window now.I am not a boss killer yet but because i had units to throw at the war i am now. Duped iceman during war did help a lot though but defensive kill points need to return to maintain a balance.

That's nothing new you have always been able to buy a win when you take a boss and they don't defender kills would not have change that out come boss worth 20,000 points. I don't know why everybody acting like you could not buy wins before. You could always buy a win especially if the alliance you playing is not willing to spend
    Everybody here is complaining its to easy. So now when they bring back thorns and all the other bs nodes you guys will be on here complaining it's a cash grab. I don't get it. It's really not that time consuming as long as you play as a team aq takes longer. Take what you got its not that bad plus it's a new map and play the game.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    Bmf420 wrote: »

That's nothing new you have always been able to buy a win when you take a boss and they don't defender kills would not have change that out come boss worth 20,000 points. I don't know why everybody acting like you could not buy wins before. You could always buy a win especially if the alliance you playing is not willing to spend

In higher tier wars, both sides usually 100% each other, so a lot came down to who dies less.
This discussion has been closed.