**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Acanthus wrote: »
    vikky89 wrote: »
    love the new war system keep up the good work kabam
    u dont need to use pot!!!!! its the beat! so u win some lose some, get over yorself!!! and just play its more fun
    i dont know way ppl only love to play ageint 10 magic, 10 iceman, and so on, its borring and expensiv so, the new war system is great

Lol i am not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant. Its not about magiks or icemans, Its how New AW points are setup. Whoever places less defenders wins the war. Not sure how is this is fun

Not true. If you place unique defenders only, you'll beat zero defenders. The more, the better actually

Just go back and look at all the screenshots of AW scores that were posted. Even though you have diversity, its always the alliance who placed less defenders that won the war.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Acanthus wrote: »
    u dont need to use pot!!!!! its the beat! so u win some lose some, get over yorself!!! and just play its more fun
    i dont know way ppl only love to play ageint 10 magic, 10 iceman, and so on, its borring and expensiv so, the new war system is great

Lol i am not sure if you are trolling or just ignorant. Its not about magiks or icemans, Its how New AW points are setup. Whoever places less defenders wins the war. Not sure how is this is fun

Not true. If you place unique defenders only, you'll beat zero defenders. The more, the better actually

Just go back and look at all the screenshots of AW scores that were posted. Even though you have diversity, its always the alliance who placed less defenders that won the war.

I don't need to go back and look at anything. They didn't place unique defenders only. Simple math tells me that 175 (unique defender) > 150 (attacker kill).
  • vikky89 wrote: »

So much fail in this thread.

Placing less defenders will not beat a fully diverse defence. People are losing because there placing the same champions over and over, that is what's costing you. Providing you keep your ratio at 1-1 for defenders placed vs unique defenders you will still win.
  • Acanthus wrote: »

I don't need to go back and look at anything. They didn't place unique defenders only. Simple math tells me that 175 (unique defender) > 150 (attacker kill).

Exactly this, unbelievable how much stupidity is going around the forums and reddit about placing no defence lol
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★

Exactly this, unbelievable how much stupidity is going around the forums and reddit about placing no defence lol

Yup exactly. If you place over at least 130 diverse champs, you can win over any alliance with zero defense.
  • Superman69 wrote: »

Yup exactly. If you place over at least 130 diverse champs, you can win over any alliance with zero defense.

Thats around 45 unique champs for BG. When all the resources went to few champs that were good in defense. Whats the point of AW then, its now reduced to just showcase our DIVERSE champs no matter what rank or star they are. To get that many diverse champs we need to dig in to our 3* champs too. Thats right their is the biggest fail. Lets start calling them diverse wars. Not sure why you want to continue with this ridiculous setup instead of fixing the flaws.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »

Sorry it's 121. I missed a thing.
    Superman69 wrote: »

Thats around 45 unique champs for BG. When all the resources went to few champs that were good in defense. Whats the point of AW then, its now reduced to just showcase our DIVERSE champs no matter what rank or star they are. To get that many diverse champs we need to dig in to our 3* champs too. Thats right their is the biggest fail. Lets start calling them diverse wars. Not sure why you want to continue with this ridiculous setup instead of fixing the flaws.

Well in current system, you have to do that if you want to win. Since there are no defender kills, why even use your good champs. Use them in quests etc. Just use diverse champs and win the war.
    Agreed it's a totally broken system but it is what it is.
  • It's official... by placing no defense you can win in this sad and pathetic attempt at making the best part of the game supposedly better...

say1ae0cxg03.jpg
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Maybe this is a real push for diversity. Diversity will beat the 0 placement, it'll beat 145/150 placement. Maybe this is something we're meant to figure out and implement. We see the flaw, we can whine or adapt. Either use the 0 placement yourselves or shield yourselves from it by putting up a diverse group of defenders.

It's also likely it was an oversight (I'm leaning more towards this one). I get the sense anyone running the beta was given clear instructions, full bgs faced full bgs. They weren't told to be 'sneaky' and try and find the flaws.

You want a good beta team? Ask your top rated exploiters to run new content for you, and if they can find a flaw, reverse permanent bans placed on them. They would have figured this one out on the first day of the beta testing on AW 2.0. =P
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Good job with the beta test. I would like to point out, members of these forums,before aw opened already started to identify that placing no defense would be viable. If players who have never played the content were able to figure this out just by reading the announcement, how could the company developing it not see it coming? Another bench mark in whatever it is they are doing in Vancouver
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Is it a holiday, or did everyone at Kabam get fired? Not one comment from the Mods in here. I get no one wants to comment on a huge disaster like this, or maybe they are trying to figure out what 5 year olds were actually beta testing this. Simple fix, put defender kills back in. Done, fixed! As easy as that.
  • After ppl already have figured out kabam miscommunication in their announcement regarding diversity per whole alliance not per bg basis, will we receive compensation for the first war (at least) where people have used the best of their knowledge based on the information given?

Secondly, is the scoring system going to stay the same?

Respectfully, we need feedback before Wednesday @Kabam Miike .
  • Let's sum up the new AW set up. If you place the best defenders like Magik that gets 4 kills=you're not going to win. Now if you place Kamala Khan as the main boss and gets no kills you= VICTORY!!!! There's your diversified placement in a nutshell
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    This expolit will be a bannable offense
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    There seems to be a bug on node 53, the sub-boss node.
    The increased power gain is affecting Dr. Strange passive power gain.

Please check this
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    There seems to be a bug on node 53, the sub-boss node.
    The increased power gain is affecting Dr. Strange passive power gain.

Please check this

I noticed this when running up against ds earlier in the map on powergain
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    New war format is totally garbage. We all spent resources to build up war defences, and then they changed the whole thing. Now I have to use diverse defenders and all the ones I ranked up specifically for war, no longer have any use to me. Also the tactic of placing 0 defenders seems like the easiest way to win - this makes total sense! 0 defenders on both team, 0 items used, no units spent. well done Kabam! Great work on the new map you bunch of idiots.

Totally agree here. It seems like the few people who are commenting positively about these changes were the ones who took the view that defense can't win wars...and then complained when they lost to alliances that put resources and time into defense.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    They probably fired the Math Wiz that threatened Kabams bottom line, with their brilliant updated point system for this new AW.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    And wars continue to be the leading cause of rifts within alliances.
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Not everyone is in the same timezone people. The folks over at Kabam are starting their day, they might want to have a meeting about this before posting anything...
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    as well as some other possible adjustments to the mode.

NO! Only this please
    some adjustments need to be made to the new scoring system

Just reduce the amount of points for attacker kills slightly. You may or may not choose to reintroduce defender kills. I don't care about that
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Defender kills NEED to be added back. The nodes need to have something more to them. Diversity points are a joke. At this point I much rather play season 1 of AW
This discussion has been closed.