**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    It's how the game is designed for you... and it's a really wrong way to see it if you think the game is about progressing through Ranking everything (even because you can't rank everything). The game is about ranking what is needed because there are better champs than others. Deal with it: no one is gonna rank Spider Gwen even if the last champ on their roster. We'll always save resources and wait for the next champ!

As for the Leaderboard, that absolutely means nothing at all. If your rank is better than mine, it doesn't mean you are a good or a better player.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Saving Resources to the point that they're expiring is really not a wise choice when you can use them to Rank something. Spider-Gwen is used often as an example, but she's literally 1 out of over 100. Whereas people used the same few over and over in the old system. Better is all relative to the uses. The use has changed. Which is why they are introducting new Nodes, and that's also why some are lost at the idea of Diversity. It's not about the same few Champs. People can say they're better, but that's really relative.
    The Leaderboard may be for those who are into it, but Rating is not worthless. Far from it. Many things can be determined from Rating. We saw that with the Adjustment Packages, and how people were upset they missed the cutoff. Rating is a significant cumulative metric.
    I would go further, but it's really going off-topic, so I will just leave it with the comment that Ranking Champs is how we progress, both in the game, and in War. We may not be able to Rank everything at once, but that's certainly the goal for anyone who wants to progress fully. It's no different in War where Ranking Champs increases your chance of winning. Ranking different Champs opens more possibilities for people than the same Champs used over and over.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    linux wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Your spamming them same nonsense over an over. You have stated many many many times your done but come back an spam the same e stuff, you do know that is a ToS violation

If you think there's someone spamming with repetitive arguments, one reasonable strategy is to ignore them -- especially if either you're not getting anything out of the discussion, or you don't think they're approaching it in good faith. I'm ambivalent about ignoring folks as I'd like to hear contrary opinions -- but sometimes that's the only real option.

On topic: looks like we'll have another week of boring and meaningless wars. :-( I'm still participating as losing one player means our alliance would lose (! you can't make up the points from missed defenders !), but it feels like a chore ... sort of like AQ map 5 on days 1-2 (day 3+ isn't hard, but mistakes start to matter).

I have him on my ignore list an have since the day the feature was introduced. However am still able to see his comments when he is quoted. I really hope kabam can change this an stop the quotes from displaying blocked users
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    My comment wasn't quoted.
  • Options
    nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike

Answer the real problem here!!!
    Defender Rating should not decide the outcome of a war. The nodes won't make a difference.
    In the end all our points will be tied up regardless of the node adjustments except for defender rating.

What's the big deal here????
    Why is kabam holding on to this, being stubborn, and not looking at the facts?
  • Options
    nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    Big problem here... and a problem that kabam seems to be completely blind to.

Member of a tier 1 alliance (2800+ rating). I hear y’all wanna make war “difficult” again. But I’m looking through the nodes, and I see the same old ****.

Not sure if y’all know this, but at a higher tier of war, WE DON’T GET HIT. We all have optimized attack teams to help us with that. The past month of “war” has been nothing but a sparring match. We don’t use items, the opponent doesn’t use items, both teams 100% even if we already know we’ve lost.

We do it because there’s nothing else to do in game.

It might surprise you but most of the top tier players are done with all the content. They have 100%ed all of act 5 (which I really like the design of, and appreciate the work y’all put into it) and are also done with 1+ lanes of LOL.

At this point I have no incentive to do my remaining 4 paths of lol considering how much time/money they cost. I don’t want another 4/55 just to stick on defense for a high defender rating.

Kabam, you’re lost touch with your more advanced players (I can go on a limb and say even a growing players feels the same way).

War HAS TO be about SKILL. Not how much I’m willing to spend on turning on suicides or buy champ boosts (if you’re wondering, it’s costing us 700 units per war, and we as an alliance decided that the last war was the last time we’re gonna fork over our hardearned units to such an idiotic system.

The other day I soloed a 4/55 dormammu war boss. I looked around, but couldn’t find a **** to give. It took our opponents 19 tries to take our boss. They won. By 100 points of defender rating.

I guess you don’t give a **** about skill either.

PERFECT!!! Couldn't have said it any better.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    These node adjustments will bring the difficulty of the Maps closer to where they were in the last iteration of Alliance Wars, and place more emphasis on the choices you make with Defenders and the nodes you choose to place them on.

We’ll be continuing to monitor how these changes affect Alliance Wars, and will continue to make adjustments as necessary until we make Alliance Wars into the mode we know it can be! Once you’ve had a chance to run the map a few times, pop back here to share your thoughts and provide us with your feedback on it!

Wrong.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    War is seriously out of control now. We used to have a 2000 war rating, and we consistently used to play and beat alliances that were bigger than us. Why? Because of smart placement which racked up defender kills, and skillful offensive players who could kill bosses with minimal deaths. Now we have lost 5 wars in a row and war rating has dropped over 300 points. We are 9 million now, and every war we are matched up with an alliance that is 1-2 million rating higher, just like before. But whereas before we could beat them with skill and smarts, now we have no chance of winning because of defender rating. We get 100%, they get 100% and we lose on defender rating. We put our highest ranked champs, and we still lose. It's like we are being punished. This is so frustrating and ridiculous. I have 5-6 people who might leave within a week because everyone hates losing, and Kabam is not doing the one thing that can fix this - bringing back defender kills. Today's war the opponent has over 115 deaths and we have 50. Yet we might still lose because of defender rating. When everyone leaves the game and Kabam can't sustain the business, they can look back at the changes that were made in war as the reason.

Totally agree. I know people will just tell me to stop whining but THIS IS WHY DEFENDER KILLS MATTER!!!!
    Harder nodes won't matter here, the same groups will just revive through and win on defender rating just the same.
  • Options
    RomezeRomeze Posts: 2
    War is boring, nodes are cake, system in broken. Bring back the old war format!
    Also how lame is it that teleports cost energy? Isn't the whole damn purpose of a teleport to save time and energy? You guys crapped the bed, rolled around, crapped again and tried to tell us that it would somehow get better.
    Everything about alliance wars both blows and sucks at the same time. Congratulations you guys achieved a damned anomaly of modern science!
  • Options
    I use to spend hundred and hundred a week buying deal, and been playing this game for over 2 years, ever since this AW update, i am not giving them a penny. If this AW doesnt change. Bye
  • Options
    Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Trash, absolute trash. The sides of the map thing are so weird! The new map sucks, just like this whole update.
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    We are yet another victim of the broken aw system. We had 19 more defense kills and we lost. We performed better than our opponents yet we lost. Bring back defender kills. Make them only half the points attacker kills if you want but bring them back. qxw6kpqr9vcn.jpeg
    goqaarttxp0w.jpeg
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    We are yet another victim of the broken aw system. We had 19 more defense kills and we lost. We performed better than our opponents yet we lost. Bring back defender kills. Make them only half the points attacker kills if you want but bring them back. qxw6kpqr9vcn.jpeg
    goqaarttxp0w.jpeg

Only 19? I have an example of 95 more defender kills resulting in a loss
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited October 2017
    goqaarttxp0w.jpeg

That's what happens when you don't place for diversity, there is no reason why you shouldn't have 150 diversity every war, or 100 if you only run 2 bgs
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    goqaarttxp0w.jpeg

Not only you failed with your diversity after a month of new AW, but you also failed to black out anything in those screenshots. Well done
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited October 2017
    isekkv8lcrkc.jpg

This is the kinda **** that makes me want to wish horrible things on the MCoC design team...
  • Options
    FPC3 wrote: »
    sjmjvu0270z1.jpg

This is the kinda **** that makes me want to wish horrible things on the MCoC design team...

That sucks man.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    sjmjvu0270z1.jpg

BUT YOU SHOULD MAX OUT DIVERS--- oh wait.
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★

Yup, we placed unique defenders instead of repeats of the ones we have that are stronger. Lost us the war doing that.
  • Options
    Acanthus wrote: »
    goqaarttxp0w.jpeg

Not only you failed with your diversity after a month of new AW, but you also failed to black out anything in those screenshots. Well done

I thought I had blacked it out enough and from my phone screen it looked like I had. You don’t have to be such an ass about it man. Most of us agree AW is broken right now. Having your defense hold off an attack but losing war because of defender rating or diversity sucks. Then, you have situations where you have lower defense rating because not everyone has high champs and have to place 3/30s to increase diversity. It makes no sense.
  • Options

Yup, we placed unique defenders instead of repeats of the ones we have that are stronger. Lost us the war doing that.

Sorry that happened. This new war system is awful. They need defender kills back to even out the playing field.
  • Options
    Just noticed this gem https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/150898/#Comment_150898

"As we’ve collected data, and gathered your feedback, we have been making adjustments as we’ve gone along, each time getting closer to our goals that we’ve made for Alliance Wars, which are to make the mode more varied, fun and engaging."

I don't think Kabam has gotten any closer to making AW fun at all. It's not engaging. It's boring. There are too many empty tiles and teleports. People use 5 energy and fight one person. That's not fun or engaging. It's definitely varied, but that's not a good thing. I don't want to fight captain america ww2 on defense because he's easy to kill and that's not fun. Bringing back defender kills would make war more engaging. People who have to make decisions about whether to try to revive and kill an enemy, or whether an extra death would cost them the game, instead of blindly spending until every node is down, which is what will continue to happen.
This discussion has been closed.