Summoners, we are aware of some issues currently affecting Dungeons, and possibly other parts of the game. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will address the knock ons when we are sure this is all resolved.

Parry after 2nd medium not working with certain champions (with video footage)

It's been going on for a year now and over the year I've emailed Kabam about it 4 times. Instead of ignoring it, can you guys actually do something about it?

Parrying after the 2nd medium doesn't work with certain champions (unless the AI is up against the wall). These champions include: Human Torch, X-23, Starlord, Psylocke, Symbiote Supreme, Iceman (to name a few off the top of my head). This issue is because the 2nd medium pushes the AI too far back therefore messing up the parry timing making it near impossible.

Here it is how it SHOULD be working and currently works with the rest of the champions:

Here's how it is when using the champions listed above:

Notice how in the last 2 clips, when the 2nd medium is executed, rhino is pushed too far back therefore causing him to dash in and trigger unstoppable/unblockable? (I recorded the footage against rhino as it was easier to show it wasn't my timing that was the issue but rather than the distance caused by the 2nd medium).

Why is this not being looked at? With certain champs such as Human Torch, it is a staple in their gameplay (if you want to execute M-L-M combos for incinerates). Currently you can only do so when the AI is against the wall. Try it out yourself.

Other info:
Yes it is occurring on all my devices which are updated (iphone x, samsung A70, Oneplus 3). It is occurring in ALL gameplay modes against ANY champion (regardless of nodes). I don't have connectivity issues and I am running the latest update of the game.

Comments

• tafretafre Posts: 195
    This has been like this since they broke everything like backdraft intercepts, hitting into blocks when they had the Human Torch/Annihilus update. I don't think any of the mods care, I have sent numerous tickets and posted many times regarding these issues and they never respond. I was very surprised about this issue never being adressed because they fixed Hood, who had the same issue for a long time, which shows that they have the means to fix these issues but for some reason they don't smh.

Starlord, psylocke, human torch, mister sinister, Symbiote supreme, guillotine, jane foster, ghost rider are the ones that pop into my head that are hindered by this issue and probably many more champions are experiencing this issue since their medium reach got broken somehow during that update I mentioned above. Not a new bug, but hey there are sooo many ongoing bugs that have not been fixed or even acknowledged for months so I would not keep my hopes up regarding this issue since it hurts the player :smile:

Simple examples to validate my point:

The node description on the Abyss clearly states that the defender starts with skirmish charges equal to the attackers challenger rating but none of the rank 5 champions seem to have the 120 charges instead they ALWAYS start with 110 charges. This is most certainly a super easy fix, just fixing the line in the code which creates the charges, but hey why fix this if it does not benefit the player. Also Medusa, she has been bugged for ages and they recently supposedly fixed her after she got broken in the Vision Aarkus/Claire month which was like 3-4 months ago.

In short, this has been an ongoing bug/issue and even though many people have raised the issue, they do have the means to fix it (they fixed The Hood) but they don't so end of story not really anyones concern unfortunately.

• xNigxNig Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    As much as it’s irritating that the timing to counter parry is not consistent across all champs, I personally don’t see why they should be.

You can bring up this exact same case for evading every champion’s sp1/2 and argue that they should either all be fully evadeable or fully unevadeable.

🤷🏻‍♂️
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 351 ★★★
    Would really love some attention for this issue and I hope we get a response that they are at least aware of it. I brought the same issue up in my thread HERE if Kabam needs more information and videos.

@xNig This has always been a core game mechanic that has worked the same for every champion since the game began. It wasn't altered or made inconsistent on purpose for any gameplay reasons. It would be like if the special button was moved for some champions, or if the dexterity mastery didn't last as long for certain champs. These are core game mechanics that are meant to function the same way for all champions to form the basis of the combat system. These core mechanics are what we rely on to interact with the changing elements like special animations.
  • CryptツCryptツ Posts: 17
    You can parry with them by delaying your block just a little bit. Obviously not gonna fix the issue for you, but hopefully that helps when you're using them!
    What I and most players do is end the combo with a light attack when fighting mid screen, as delaying the block isn't viable since the parry window is much smaller and leads to getting smacked in the face a lot. The problem with ending on light attacks is you lose out on quite a bit of damage as well as some champion mechanics and nodes interacting with how you finish your combo.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,232 ★★★★
    It gets super annoying with Human Torch, since you need the 2nd medium to get another incinerate, and the delay method never works for me.
    Can we please get a response to this? Really want this fixed. You should be able to just reduce the knockback distance on second medium attacks for champions having this problem.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 16
    edited February 10
    xNig said:

As much as it’s irritating that the timing to counter parry is not consistent across all champs, I personally don’t see why they should be.

You can bring up this exact same case for evading every champion’s sp1/2 and argue that they should either all be fully evadeable or fully unevadeable.

🤷🏻‍♂️

This may have been a good point had it existed in the game from the get-go. It's been fixed a couple times when it occurred with certain champions (Hood and Bishop), so why not now? There is 0 reasoning behind it. You're putting certain champions at a disadvantage who reap no great tangible benefit from the 2nd medium.

For example, guillotine doesn't benefit from the 2nd medium that much, so why is it that it's more difficult to parry after her 2nd medium rather than someone such as Corvus?

It's a very anti-player move and the fact that no mods ever comment on when someone brings it up is clearly showing they're trying to stretch this issue out as much as possible since it's costing unsuspecting players health potions (and sometimes revives) from failed parries.

If the whole community doesn't all try to help combat this at once, it'll get nowhere. This is why many bugs are in a state of perpetual existence, the 10% of the community that actually bring it up are hushed down by the other 90% as it doesn't affect them at all/as much. So these complaints never gain any traction and are gone ignored by mods. If a few influential youtubers brought this up, they would actually fix this issue,

but currently they're too busy investigating and bashing out any pro-player bugs.
    Mods any word on this please?