**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

1151617181921»

Comments

• simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Let’s be honest: Flow ruined AW.
    That’s a matter of fact.

I appreciate Flow just because I hate players who are only able to use a charged Corvus, and I can play well on Control Defenders using Ghost with Hood synergy, but honestly it ruined the game.

Keeping Flow as it is won’t make me spend more than I spended before, but it’s a matter of bad gaming experience.

Not to mention that Mojo boss. Unplayable with more than 99% of the characters currently available.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Pulyaman said:

I started bringing Doom on attack as he is one of the better counters for flow and has power control. I don't have Magik as 5 star. I don't like to play with Quake. To be honest, the only problem i faced was Brute force, All or nothing Thing. Other than that, Wars have been OK. Still hate flow though.

Doom is not a great counter for flow
    Why not? Please explain because I have used him in all the wars this season. He takes out bwcv in all or nothing + fisticuffs node. We play in Tier 4. He is not usefull for all the flow champs. But he is a good counter. Once you fire sp1, all your lights steal power from defender, so even if they gain power, you can just keep taking power.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Our Alliance went 12/12 with the opponents using Flow this season. The micro-change to the tactic did absolutely nothing for the balance of tactics as players here accurately predicted.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

qartweli said:

Flow made quake play imperative now

Either u r quake god player or die

Not really. You need at least a couple to a few solid quake players per bg but it's not remotely needed for everyone.
    Which is true. I have one quake player across the entire alliance, but it has been made much more manageable now, which I agree. Flow sucks, but isnt as bad as before.
    I've had far more problems with fights that aren't even flow defenders this season on path 4 than any flow fight I've had lol
    truth
    100% of my deaths this season were defenders that weren't control lmao. 0 deaths to control defenders
    How much SS Dorm Claire Warlock minis did you took this season?

I agree that you can play around Flow. We play in T2 and I take 1-2 minis per war.

But its annoying. And sometimes the AI just wont play into you and you die.

I died at least 2 times this season as Ghost vs Claire on AoN (Path 6) bc the AI waits out the phasing and throws SP3 right after.

Flow is unfun. Yes other champs like Domino on path 4 may be harder but that still makes it a horrible global node.
    Think I've taken one or 2 claire minis and some imiw. The vast majority of my fights tend be sec 1 on path 4 this last season though. Last season I took a lot more varied stuff. We're in T1 and currently 4th in master. Not like we're going up against cake defenses I promise
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Seraphion said:

qartweli said:

Not really. You need at least a couple to a few solid quake players per bg but it's not remotely needed for everyone.
    Which is true. I have one quake player across the entire alliance, but it has been made much more manageable now, which I agree. Flow sucks, but isnt as bad as before.
    I've had far more problems with fights that aren't even flow defenders this season on path 4 than any flow fight I've had lol
    truth
    100% of my deaths this season were defenders that weren't control lmao. 0 deaths to control defenders

I agree that you can play around Flow. We play in T2 and I take 1-2 minis per war.

I died at least 2 times this season as Ghost vs Claire on AoN (Path 6) bc the AI waits out the phasing and throws SP3 right after.

Flow is unfun. Yes other champs like Domino on path 4 may be harder but that still makes it a horrible global node.
    Think I've taken one or 2 claire minis and some imiw. The vast majority of my fights tend be sec 1 on path 4 this last season though. Last season I took a lot more varied stuff. We're in T1 and currently 4th in master. Not like we're going up against cake defenses I promise
    Higher up the defenders are definitely a bigger pain, since you guys will be facing R3 6* most of the time, but it's usually 150 diversity.
    Down below, atleast in T3 and T4, you're never going to face that. Flow sucks more there since the Map is littered with flow champs. If you don't have the counters, it's a massive pain in the ass
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Seraphion said:

qartweli said:

truth

Higher up the defenders are definitely a bigger pain, since you guys will be facing R3 6* most of the time, but it's usually 150 diversity.
    Down below, atleast in T3 and T4, you're never going to face that. Flow sucks more there since the Map is littered with flow champs. If you don't have the counters, it's a massive pain in the ass
    Oh yeah I'm sure it's far more annoying once diversity gets tossed out the window but the same counters can be used for champs, they just have to take more fights typically.

Not having counters to anything in the game makes it more difficult. I didn't think it would help much but the change to flow this season honestly did make it MUCH more manageable. You just can't go HAM throwing full combos into defenders and have to change up playstyle and parry a lot even if they're stun immune. Everytime I took sinsiter this season I wasn't using a true counter I was using capiw bc it was on node 19 or 20. Dealing with the unstoppable on 20 was more important than countering flow
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Seraphion said:

qartweli said:

truth

Oh yeah I'm sure it's far more annoying once diversity gets tossed out the window but the same counters can be used for champs, they just have to take more fights typically.

Not having counters to anything in the game makes it more difficult. I didn't think it would help much but the change to flow this season honestly did make it MUCH more manageable. You just can't go HAM throwing full combos into defenders and have to change up playstyle and parry a lot even if they're stun immune. Everytime I took sinsiter this season I wasn't using a true counter I was using capiw bc it was on node 19 or 20. Dealing with the unstoppable on 20 was more important than countering flow
    I mean flow counters. Not just champ ones. Like unfortunately for me, the only two champs I have who can counter Flow are CapIW and Void. No Quake/G99/Warlock etc. I'm able to manage with them, but fighting multiple of Flow champs just means that it's extra healing or more of those 3 minute boosts which we don't get much of. And there are many times that the AI just doesn't cooperate. I barely do 5 hit combos, but sometimes the AI doesn't like to throw specials. Can't help it at that time.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Seraphion said:

Pulyaman said:

I started bringing Doom on attack as he is one of the better counters for flow and has power control. I don't have Magik as 5 star. I don't like to play with Quake. To be honest, the only problem i faced was Brute force, All or nothing Thing. Other than that, Wars have been OK. Still hate flow though.

Why not? Please explain because I have used him in all the wars this season. He takes out bwcv in all or nothing + fisticuffs node. We play in Tier 4. He is not usefull for all the flow champs. But he is a good counter. Once you fire sp1, all your lights steal power from defender, so even if they gain power, you can just keep taking power.
    Ah I see. For T4 it might be enough.

If you do your normal doom combo Sp3 and the MM LLLMM SP1 they will be drained power.

But you have done many hits by now. So 3 stacks are there.
    After the SP1 if they dont dash into you in that moment they will end up with SP3 with a very high chance.

Doom likes to use enemys high power lvl but is not very good vs strong passive powergain bc they are near SP3 and can easily reach it.

Ofc you can play super slow and only fires SP1s and drain with light attacks after.
    But in that case he wont do too much damage.

When they changed flow they made doom a lot worse bc his passive stun doesnt remove it anymore.

In T4 the powergain might be easier to control.

Seraphion said:

qartweli said:

truth

I know you only play vs R5/ R2/R3 def.

And ofc dying on path 4 is not too suprising. Its the hardest lane (section 1)
    at least in my opinion.
    We play around flow by now but I still hate to go against it. You eighter have to play super slow, use powercontrol or play Ghost/Quake.

Im happy if it gets deleted/nerfed into tze ground
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    My only 2 path deaths this season playing between tier 4 and 3 were non flow related. I don’t enjoy flow wars though and isn’t the game supposed to be enjoyable? Defensive tactics in general imo have brought zero fun and has effectively ruined war. This is just my opinion
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    don't get me wrong, i can see the big issue with flow and i see it all around me in war,
    the majority of my alliance is absolutely fed up with flow. and is so damn happy the season is over and wishes it never started again.
    but personally for me flow was a non issue. i was not taking the paths that get slammed with dooms and bwcv and stuff. i run path 7.
    i came across flow defenders ranging from taskmaster, howard the duck, magik, dorm sym sup, rogue, hood, doc oc, pun2099 on my path.
    lucky for me i run Beardo so i play parry heavy, so i flow would come and then i would just shut it down.
    the only minis and bosses i took on were Guilly2099, OG Vision, Warlock, and i have Medusa for those. so got a few clean easy Boss One shots this season that i wouldn't have been able to get last season.
    so Yes, the change made a difference.
    yes it made a big difference for me.
    did i enjoy it? yes
    flow still sucks, all i have to do is look around my alliance and see those that got the harder end of the stick, see those that got the IMIWs and the Mojos.....
    did my ally mates enjoy it? NO.
    so therefore did i enjoy season? NO.
    so yeah flow needs to go...
    defence tactics neds to go...
    heck wars probably need to go... people are losing interest in wars simply due to defence tactics.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

Pulyaman said:

i use to die alot in war im in tier 3 AW and until i took doom in on offense ive yet to die since even solo Mojo with him as main boss Magik is good too and quake but Doom by far is my MVP one sp1 then before you kno it you're at sp3 passive stun then medium sp1, back to sp3 fight over.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Pulyaman said:

Seraphion said:

Pulyaman said:

Ah I see. For T4 it might be enough.

If you do your normal doom combo Sp3 and the MM LLLMM SP1 they will be drained power.

But you have done many hits by now. So 3 stacks are there.
    After the SP1 if they dont dash into you in that moment they will end up with SP3 with a very high chance.

Doom likes to use enemys high power lvl but is not very good vs strong passive powergain bc they are near SP3 and can easily reach it.

Ofc you can play super slow and only fires SP1s and drain with light attacks after.
    But in that case he wont do too much damage.

When they changed flow they made doom a lot worse bc his passive stun doesnt remove it anymore.

In T4 the powergain might be easier to control.
    That's what I do. I realize he is not the best option. But he is an option when you have no other. But, once you do that combo, you immediately gain 2 bars of power. Need to make sure you remove those stacks before firing sp3 though.
    Now I understand why they dont nerf Flow.
    They want to sell more Guarian crystals.
    So dirty :D