**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    First time back in AW and dealing with FLOW.....
    Makes me want to quit my alliance and find one that never even looks at AW. What a terrible idea, whoever came up with it.... just wow you really don’t like us do you?
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    That amount of power gain opponent will get is crazy, isn't it?
    Well they hate you but love your money for sure, hence, that node idea was born
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    I sat there clutching my phone, watching a max rank 5* Magik with buffet just constantly getting power/limbo like she was a pretty girl at Mardi Gras having a flood of beads showered on her, and just thought to myself.... "Yeah, you should probably be in the basement doing push ups or upstairs hugging your kids and telling them you love them..... instead you're hunched over your phone dealing with this joy"..... :smiley: I should re-think my choices in life
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Same here. AW isn't fun anymore. Flow is the biggest bs node AW has ever seen. Playing tier 5 and I don't use flow for any of our 3 bg.
    I am about to quit AW. Could not care less. Rewards are not worth it anyway.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    We stopped AW full cleaning map. So much expensive ! No pleasure only $$$ node #controle and #FLow
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    So??? Are wars free now? Our treasuries have been impounded and we have all sorts of scuttle butt about map 6 and 7 alliance quests and about tickets for those, but what does this change mean in terms of war? Sorry it is not strickly speaking about the flow node...but this was the closest most recent post when i searched for war topics.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Ty not being the one starting them i did not realize that.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,361 ★★★★★
    We're in that bouncing around Tier 5/6 stage and its really unfun. Not only has defensive tactics narrowed the set of defenders in use its all narrowing the viable attackers as everyone need a flow counter on their team.

Seems the whole thing is a big miss.
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Total trash for sure.

Bout to call it quits.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    Stop this node !!!! Destroyed our team. Our glory fully spent and season not finished so we are *?!#*@€ for the end of season.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    i have to echo, yet again, the overall consensus about this. when the "change" was announced i said it wouldn't matter because of how the game defines parry ie well timed blocks. i parry, heavy and still get SP3 to the face immediately after. so this passive power gain just won't be stopped no matter what.

the thing to have done would have been to simply make it a BUFF and not this passive annoyance. since they didn't, at least make the power gain STOP when i parry or do whatever they think is a well timed block. make it do that consistently! but it doesn't. so we're stuck in yet another season of war where the majority of summoners have voiced displeasure and now it's more of a nagging pimple to pop.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Try to have patience guys. I get that everyone is frustrated, but there's a couple weeks left in the Season. I have a feeling they'll likely adjust it again after that.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Another big issue with flow is it’s encouraging alliances to swap down to a lower war rating shell alliance.

When they do this it skews the rankings. You have alliances who drop from tier 3 to tier 7 by moving to a shell, and since tiers are determined by percentages based on ratings, it distorts everything.

There may be as many as 50% of tier 3 and above alliances that are empty save for a few alt accounts acting as place holders and not participating in war. The players who built that high rating are now flooding the middle tiers making them have artificially inflated alliance and prestige ratings in those ranks.

This whole system needs a rework. It’s almost like pro sports teams moving all the players to college or minor league teams to avoid the BS tactics and fight easier wars with weaker opponents who aren’t gaming the system.

Tickets were used to combat the donation loafers, but nothing is being done to regulate the other ultra competitive part of the game. Eliminate the overpowered tactics and maybe this will promote the intended competition that wars were designed for. In the absence of that, war rating means nothing when whole alliances can swap into a shell with a -1k or more rating and coast through against teams that don’t have the rosters to compete with them.

I think DNA3000 had suggested a system where players ratings moved with them. This may be a band aid fix until tactics are removed or equalized. The other thing to do is use tactics like AQ modifiers; only reduce points earned each time the same one is used per bg per week or to give the opponent more points for each clear if its a repeat tactic.

In summary, change something, it’s not fun and is encouraging unethical play and reducing the integrity of the mode you’ve worked so hard to fix with the piloting bans from a while back.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    For reference, we tiered down to 6 and my 5/65/200 mojo got zero kills as boss. So anyone in here who is below tier 5 but offering opinions on how kabam has handled or claims to have plans to eventually handle this: you know nothing. (And our string of flow wars matched against alliances who should be up in p2 has pushed us down to gold3 while alliances that started in tier 6 have won their way up - more effort for less reward! A kabam classic!)
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Tier 6/7 is a breeze. Never moving back up unless defence tactics are removed.

Even down in these tiers we've had just 1 war decided by diversity. Upper tiers are unnecessarily expensive.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    5 more wars guys (without today)✌🏻

Then this fun node will be hopefully deleted or nerfed into the ground.

Man this are the worst 2 seasons of War I have ever played. Duck this node.
    Second war in a row that my Mojo gets no kills on 54 when he got at least eight with flow. Granted, we've dropped way down in gold3 and are still getting matched against guys who have r3 duped torch for attack.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    These last 2 seasons have been the best ever. I quit playing AW. The rewards are garbage. I don't understand why anyone is still playing it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

These last 2 seasons have been the best ever. I quit playing AW. The rewards are garbage. I don't understand why anyone is still playing it.

Bc it's actually fun being competitive for some people. Admittedly the rewards aren't remotely worth the effort on just looking at rewards vs effort. That's blatantly evident. Some just legitimately enjoy the challenge though.

I moved from a top 3 AQ alliance to top 5 war alliance before last season bc after finishing all of Act 6 and Abyss I was honestly just bored. While nodes like flow can admittedly be quite frustrating I've still really enjoyed it so far bc what else is there really besides sleepwalking through AQ?
    Endless arena grind! I love baiting specials for three minutes against all or nothing AI in a meaningless fight for 100 battlechips!