**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

-sixate- said:

These last 2 seasons have been the best ever. I quit playing AW. The rewards are garbage. I don't understand why anyone is still playing it.

Bc it's actually fun being competitive for some people. Admittedly the rewards aren't remotely worth the effort on just looking at rewards vs effort. That's blatantly evident. Some just legitimately enjoy the challenge though.

I moved from a top 3 AQ alliance to top 5 war alliance before last season bc after finishing all of Act 6 and Abyss I was honestly just bored. While nodes like flow can admittedly be quite frustrating I've still really enjoyed it so far bc what else is there really besides sleepwalking through AQ?
    Fair point. I'm just not that competitive now. I have no desire to explore Act 6 or play AW, I run map 5 AQ cause it's easy and fast. Tired of being tied to the game so much. Close to taking a long break with summer right around the corner.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    qartweli said:

Flow made quake play imperative now

Either u r quake god player or die

Not really. You need at least a couple to a few solid quake players per bg but it's not remotely needed for everyone.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Flow is easily manageable. People hate it cause it require thought and adapting to new style of play..

• Options

qartweli said:

Not really. You need at least a couple to a few solid quake players per bg but it's not remotely needed for everyone.
    Which is true. I have one quake player across the entire alliance, but it has been made much more manageable now, which I agree. Flow sucks, but isnt as bad as before.
  • Options

qartweli said:

Which is true. I have one quake player across the entire alliance, but it has been made much more manageable now, which I agree. Flow sucks, but isnt as bad as before.
    I've had far more problems with fights that aren't even flow defenders this season on path 4 than any flow fight I've had lol
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Honestly one of the biggest problems is Mojo bosses. I think its a problem that hes the only character ever used as boss. He has way too few counters. In my opinion some of his prompts need to be removed. We shouldn't be getting degened for evading especially when he has such a long reach and its nearly impossible not to evade him. He's definitely the biggest item sink of a champ we've had in a long time.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Our Alliance is 10/10 so far this season in fighting opponents using the Flow node. Anyone else? Everyone else?
  • Options

Our Alliance is 10/10 so far this season in fighting opponents using the Flow node. Anyone else? Everyone else?

two of our opponents used siphon in one bg. Needless to say, those bgs enjoyed an easy war.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

two of our opponents used siphon in one bg. Needless to say, those bgs enjoyed an easy war.
    Nice little vacation
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

we're 9-2 against it BUT it still sucks. the little micro change they made hasn't done anything in preventing how ridiculous it is. not to mention there's no consistency to it. two separate fights against the same control champ and you do the exact same thing against both champs and you'll get two entirely different outcomes. sometimes "well timed blocks" work .. sometimes they don't. sometimes you get SP3 to the face back to back to back .. sometimes you don't. sometimes it gains on crit, sometimes it don't.

so the inconsistency of a terrible tactic makes it even more terrible.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    and why bother with the 15 seconds in the description when it takes 1/2 a second to go from no power to SP3. if that part of it were really a gradual buildup over 15 seconds then maybe we're ok .. however it takes literally 1/2 second before power gain to the SP3.
  • Options

and why bother with the 15 seconds in the description when it takes 1/2 a second to go from no power to SP3. if that part of it were really a gradual buildup over 15 seconds then maybe we're ok .. however it takes literally 1/2 second before power gain to the SP3.

That's not even remotely true
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

qartweli said:

I've had far more problems with fights that aren't even flow defenders this season on path 4 than any flow fight I've had lol
    truth
  • Options

qartweli said:

truth
    100% of my deaths this season were defenders that weren't control lmao. 0 deaths to control defenders
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

qartweli said:

truth
    100% of my deaths this season were defenders that weren't control lmao. 0 deaths to control defenders
    same! (so far, got a few fights left)
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Haha. It makes it challenging when you’re forced to bring attackers to tough defenders and specific attackers to counter specific interactions. 😂
  • Options

And it takes 1s for the attacker to gain power to sp2, based on the rate at which time passes for you. 😂
  • Options

qartweli said:

truth
    same!

• Options

This is probably my alliances last war together cuz flow wars and unfair node placements have destroyed the morale of a lot of my players it’s sad as hell

Aww. My sympathies. Seems like you are with like-minded people who can’t take losses and wanna whine about it. 😂
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I started bringing Doom on attack as he is one of the better counters for flow and has power control. I don't have Magik as 5 star. I don't like to play with Quake. To be honest, the only problem i faced was Brute force, All or nothing Thing. Other than that, Wars have been OK. Still hate flow though.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

qartweli said:

truth
    How much SS Dorm Claire Warlock minis did you took this season?

I agree that you can play around Flow. We play in T2 and I take 1-2 minis per war.

But its annoying. And sometimes the AI just wont play into you and you die.

I died at least 2 times this season as Ghost vs Claire on AoN (Path 6) bc the AI waits out the phasing and throws SP3 right after.

Flow is unfun. Yes other champs like Domino on path 4 may be harder but that still makes it a horrible global node.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I started bringing Doom on attack as he is one of the better counters for flow and has power control. I don't have Magik as 5 star. I don't like to play with Quake. To be honest, the only problem i faced was Brute force, All or nothing Thing. Other than that, Wars have been OK. Still hate flow though.

Doom is not a great counter for flow