**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Flow global node in War [Merged Threads]

Comments

• simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    Rank 5 duped Mojo, boss.
    The deadliest boss ever, in my AW experience.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

https://youtu.be/Ung3GyiAnS4

Flow Claire AON. Nice example. Impossible to solo without using limited boosts

I take that one with ghost/hood and tanking 2-3 SP3s.
    Just hope she throws it while Im phasing.
    That hope part is the biggest thing lol.
    Faced a Sinister on recovery mini today with Flow. Obviously kept getting crits even with Void, and he refused to throw specials. Spent 1.5 mins on the wall trying to bait. And obviously I get petrify last lol. He threw 5 specials over 3 fights. When champs just don't throw specials, definitely sucks. Add flow in and it's so much fun lol
    I agree 100%. Most "counters" have too much RNG in them. The weight on every shoulder is high in top lvl wars and costs 3-4 items per mistake. The RNG should be a very low factor in that environment.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    @""Kabam Miike" do you have enough statistic about the performance of this node in war?
    Is that what you had in mind when you brought it to AW tactic?
    Did you ran test of this global node on stun immune? On defenders that can’t (almost) be stun? On new defenders? On defensive defenders? On mystic defenders with full MD?

I’m not even use Corvus/ghost or any other champ with high crit rate and if I’m lucky I can land 5 hits combo before sp3 to the face.

I would like to know what is the plan for this node because we’ve just gave up on this season only after two wars in.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Seraphion said:

https://youtu.be/Ung3GyiAnS4

Flow Claire AON. Nice example. Impossible to solo without using limited boosts

I take that one with ghost/hood and tanking 2-3 SP3s.
    Just hope she throws it while Im phasing.
    That hope part is the biggest thing lol.
    Faced a Sinister on recovery mini today with Flow. Obviously kept getting crits even with Void, and he refused to throw specials. Spent 1.5 mins on the wall trying to bait. And obviously I get petrify last lol. He threw 5 specials over 3 fights. When champs just don't throw specials, definitely sucks. Add flow in and it's so much fun lol
    I agree 100%. Most "counters" have too much RNG in them. The weight on every shoulder is high in top lvl wars and costs 3-4 items per mistake. The RNG should be a very low factor in that environment.
    On the other hand, someone else in the alliance got lucky with Void vs Warlock. Just shows that luck>everything. Get the petrify early on and can survive. And heal Void without spending units on those new potions is a nightmare lol
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    yes flow is pretty broken esp with Magik on defence with flow global, quake is one of the best option for flow guilly 2099 is a good one also
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Attlia said:

The way i see it, this node is specifically designed to take corvus and ghost out of aw meta.

Yup, that's basically it. I was able to corvus a rank 3 warlock on stun immune mini though pretty easily, but i have a rank 3 corvus
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Werewrym said:

Ghost still dominates in war because you can just phase tank sp3... Now if only I could get my hands on a ghost.

If they dont hold sp3 until phase runs out and if their sp3 doesnt stun or armor break. It's far from a fool proof perfect counter
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Tank a sp3 from IMIW with Ghost. 😂
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Tank a sp3 from IMIW with Ghost. 😂

Or Doom 😄
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    edited April 2020
    Good luck trying to convince people to r5 a CB if they are lacking quake and g2099...

I’m curious if they would consider something similar to AQ modifiers but watering down the global nodes effect if used more than once per weekly AW cycle?
  • Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21

So why don't people use the 3 counters available? CB has been around for ages, same with Quake. You can't use the same Champs indefinitely.

And if you don’t have those champs? Let’s not forget quake is the hardest play style in the game too when fighting debuff/stun immune. At least with siphon you can use any champ still really.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★

So why don't people use the 3 counters available? CB has been around for ages, same with Quake. You can't use the same Champs indefinitely.

Good luck fighting mystic control champ with CB. MD will be worst of the passive flow.
    Quake can work on boss because of true strike.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Mart83 said:

And if you don’t have those champs? Let’s not forget quake is the hardest play style in the game too when fighting debuff/stun immune. At least with siphon you can use any champ still really.
    Quake is high risk high return champ that you need to play perfectly or else you will die instantly.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited April 2020

Because some players might not have those three counters. I myself don't have any of the three Champions. Even in that, there are match-ups where even these three Champions can fall flat.

Crossbones, in some match-ups doesn't have enough damage to end the matches, Quake can be screwed over by IMIWs etc. There are just so many variables and so few counters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

Because some players might not have those three counters. I myself don't have any of the three Champions. Even in that, there are match-ups where even these three Champions can fall flat.

Crossbones, in some match-ups doesn't have enough damage to end the matches, Quake can be screwed over by IMIWs etc. There are just so many variables and so few counters.
    Tiers 1-5 shouldn't really be doable for most Players. Their Rosters should be pretty wide by that point. Wide enough to have at least one of the counters. CB has been in the game for years. Quake after. Can you get stopped up? Yes. That's War. It's not AQ, where you have the same Map week after week and guaranteed Rewards with the same strategies. It should be different now and then. Whenever something is introduced that requires playing differently, people are upset. Why? Human Beings, and Gamers, are creatures of habit. They don't like change much. Only the game can't have longevity if everyone relies on Corvus indefinitely, or Ghost, or SW back in the day. Always a go-to Champ around, but there's no game-winner in this game. It will shift eventually. Otherwise we won't grow in the game, and neither will the game itself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    3 counters. As opposed to the usual same 2 that people use? Different when they're the most popular for some reason but when people need to switch how they do things, it's B.S.?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Will doc ock work by power locking them?

He won't work on debuff immune champs since the power lock is a debuff. Debuff immune champs seem to be the biggest issues when discussing flow since the counter that's built in to the node requires you to stun the champ in order to stop the power gain. .
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Gmonkey said:

Will doc ock work by power locking them?

Dsc0721 said:

Magick is a decent flow counter if you can get to sp2. Been watching KT1 use her well in his last war video.

Getting to an SP2 is a big "if" though. There's a fat chance that you'll crit and get yourself killed before even getting to the SP2. Debuff immune nodes are a whole other can of worms.