Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• L79GL79G Member Posts: 43

• L79GL79G Member Posts: 43
    This are all the message I had and after the last one 2 fights without message.
  • GoldballsGoldballs Member Posts: 4
    Put the Pieces Together - Joe Fixit?
    Cost You an Arm - Aegon?
    Please don’t leave Me - Starlord?

Maybe it’s a specific team? I was hopeful it was an actual puzzle and not an annoying snipe hunt. Now I’m leaning towards BS like a one-legged cowboy in a cattle pen.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    L79G said:

I believe that this is only BS and we are wasting time.

I think we just got to wait and see
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Member Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    It’s obviously to do with Next Month based on the image they have
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,190 ★★★★
    So I got my 9th encounter today (out of 12 attempts) with Platinum pool and like my 8th, I did NOT get a message. Guess he is no longer my friend... 😅 Looks like 7 is the max messages you will get but who knows, maybe he will write back when I beat him down in the last 4 tries? #MissPlatPool

• RU11011RU11011 Member Posts: 880 ★★★★
    Hi guys, so I was doing a little hunt through accounts and may have found something.

I was struck by the idea of how Platinumpool seemed to had stopped sending messages after 7, with the amount of xp received from him also being 777. I decided to search for accounts with 7, from one to five (basically I typed 7, rising up to 77777), since there are supposedly 5 pieces of this puzzle. Unfortunately, this was a dead end.

I got kind of annoyed, and tried every auspicious number I could think of. 8, symbolic of wealth and money, was a bust. 6, the number of the devil, also nothing. 3 (not technically auspicious, but 3 is an important number in some stories) also resulted in nothing.

In a random attempt, I tried 5, again relating to the 5 pieces of the puzzle. So I tried the method explained above. Once I got to 55555, I found something.

Clearly a Kabam account, as it has no letters. However, it differs in a massive way towards the regular Kabam accounts, in that the titles are locked. Literally no titles at all. I would try to put in pictures of a separate Kabam account for comparison, but I think I've written too much, so it's not letting me. I'll send them afterwards.

But, I want to focus on the titles for one reason. Every summoner is given a title when they start playing, aptly named "summoner". Even the Kabam accounts have this, and even new accounts receive this title. However, this account does not have ANY titles whatsoever.

This leads me to believe that is is not a summoner, but rather Platinumpool himself. Being a champion, he is unable to get the "summoner" title, since he is not a summoner.
    Bit of a stretch, but the evidence is solid. Blank username pointing towards a Kabam made username, the incorporation of the number 5, known to be important to the puzzle, and finally, the locked title, telling us that this is not a normal account, nor is this account a "summoner".

This concludes Part 1 of my TED talk, part 2 will be photos of comparison between a known Kabam account and this account, looking particularly at the titles.
    Jokes aside, what are your guys thoughts on this? Maybe this could be important??
    Part 2 of my TED Talk now begins:

Normal Kabam Account:

Titles available to this Kabam Account:

The account of "55555":

Titles available to this account:

As stated previously, it's locked, with no titles at all.

Thus concludes the second and final part of my TED talk, thanks for reading the wall of text I have written for both of the messages. Again, if you guys have any thoughts about this, we should discuss it, as I feel like this might be something interesting, even if it might not be related to Platinumpool.
    RU11011 said:

Part 2 of my TED Talk now begins:

Normal Kabam Account:

Titles available to this Kabam Account:

The account of "55555":

Titles available to this account:

As stated previously, it's locked, with no titles at all.

Thus concludes the second and final part of my TED talk, thanks for reading the wall of text I have written for both of the messages. Again, if you guys have any thoughts about this, we should discuss it, as I feel like this might be something interesting, even if it might not be related to Platinumpool.

Sorry about posting again, but I just now noticed the 0 prestige on the "55555" account. Possible something important? I'm not very sure.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian
    @RU11011 (55555 account)...
    Are you sure that isn’t just some VERY OLD dead account, that existed before they even created Titles in the game.
    If you see some old alliances, you will notice that after (~500 ?) days, that an account name gets removed, so that newer players can use names that may have been used in the past by someone long since not playing anymore.

I'll bet that you could still search by this old name (55555 in this case) even though it has been “removed” from the account (but not yet claimed by some new person).

Might be why Prestige shows as 0 too, maybe accounts would have had to login at some point after they added Prestige display to accounts. (Will have to look at a dead alliance and see what member's Prestige's show up as to verify if that is the case).
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian
    @rischio , (language translations)...
    I would assume any “meaning” behind the clues, as used in English wording and/or slang usage, etc. would probably indeed just use regular “technical” translation to other languages. Which may very well lose their intended meaning if put into a different context.
  • MystiKayMystiKay Member Posts: 90
    rischio said:

For those of you getting crazy about text-based riddles: this is an international game! I play in Italian and the messages do not share the same letters but they do share the same meaning.
    Example : the idiom "costs an arm and a leg" does not exist in Italian, we use "costs an eyeball of your head" and this is what we get on the Italian message.

It could be the translators don't know, but I vote for all this just being a fun prank by Kabam anticipating something that will come, either next month or at the end of this event.

And I will not hold my breath for any 5s free champ.

In portuguese for example, it uses another expression to represent something being too expensive. Here it is Portuguese/English of the same message

• Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Member Posts: 461
    Well hes coming at some point, we wont have to pay for him.. I dont think so anyway considering he ain't gonna cost us an arm and a leg + theres videos of him on YouTube from a data miner and I doubt he couldve photoshopped what was happening
  • ChickenLegsChickenLegs Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    So far I’ve been ambushed from platinum pool 8 times, but for some reason I didn’t get a message from platinum pool from the 8th ambush
    I forgot to screenshot his other messages but I do have the 8 crystals in my inventory

@RU11011 (55555 account)...
    Are you sure that isn’t just some VERY OLD dead account, that existed before they even created Titles in the game.
    If you see some old alliances, you will notice that after (~500 ?) days, that an account name gets removed, so that newer players can use names that may have been used in the past by someone long since not playing anymore.

I'll bet that you could still search by this old name (55555 in this case) even though it has been “removed” from the account (but not yet claimed by some new person).

Might be why Prestige shows as 0 too, maybe accounts would have had to login at some point after they added Prestige display to accounts. (Will have to look at a dead alliance and see what member's Prestige's show up as to verify if that is the case).

Welp, you were right. the account of "1234567890" also has a blank name with locked titles. Sorry for the wall of text everybody. prestige is still a bit of a mystery though, as this account has 141 prestige.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    Just floating an idea here. We know Hit monkey is coming next month and he is pretty closely tied to Deadpool in the comics. Considering it looks like it’s going to be a bit of a silly month, it might be related to that.

I don’t know about the messages, I know I’ve ran about 6 rifts and only faced him once. I don’t think this is the sort of thing we can currently work out. At least not until all the messages have been confirmed.

I do think there is some weight to the theory of certain champions being important. This months side event has largely been a scavenger hunt daily for champions, so it would follow in a similar vein.

- 1% message seems to hint at him being a boss
    - An arm and a leg is the confusing one here. It’s only this that’s highlighted not the cost part, but I assume this is to indicate it will not be a paid thing to get him
    - Splitting into pieces and break into 5 seems to indicate a full team. Could also be related to stars
    - Don’t leave me might just be indicating that it’s a time limited event
    - The puzzle messages suggest to me that we will have to collect items to some end. Could also be some sort of meta commentary on this thread

My grand theory: there will be an event next month where we need to collect 5 1* Platinumpools. Once we have we combine them into a 5* Platinumpool.
    1%= 1*
    Arm and Leg= FTP event
    Pieces=Split into 5 platinumpools to collect
    Don’t leave me=Time limited, might never come around again
    Puzzle= We need to collect the 1* Platinum pools and it might involve solving problems similar to the ones this month to collect them

It’s late here when I’m writing this so tiredness could be making be go off my rocker, but this is my best guess
  • SupereemeSupereeme Member Posts: 1

Skydad23 said:

Is it possible that he’s hinting we should save for the chronometer? Maybe the last day he’s an option on the rift? Or maybe there’s a bunch of versions of him on the final day rift? Like 2 star to a 5 star?

That would make a lot of people really mad since they didn't make it clear in the beginning.
    wat of we saved all the rift detectors n use them on the last day
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★
    The puzzle is in your hands, don’t leave me, split myself in five, break me into pieces, and arm and a leg, put the pieces together, 1% of my true power.

That’s what I think the order is.
  • KattohSKattohS Member Posts: 717 ★★
    edited May 2020
    I am treating it just like everything else with this game.

It will be RNG based so I’m not getting my hopes up or busting my brains. Thanks for the 175k gold so far tho 😬
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    I think he’ll be MCOC’s first build-a-figure :p
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Supereeme said:

Skydad23 said:

Is it possible that he’s hinting we should save for the chronometer? Maybe the last day he’s an option on the rift? Or maybe there’s a bunch of versions of him on the final day rift? Like 2 star to a 5 star?

That would make a lot of people really mad since they didn't make it clear in the beginning.
    wat of we saved all the rift detectors n use them on the last day
    How many energy refills will that be?
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Member Posts: 332 ★★
    Legs could be Agent Venom.
  • WokkawokkaWokkawokka Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2020
    I'm guessing it's a number puzzle using his pi # maybe gold won # and clues if you have the correct amount of Intel remaining matching the answer you get him in your mailbox.