**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Air98 said:

G0311 said:

We need more choice instead of chance. I know everybody's always worried about "well you can't let everybody have a corvus glaive" well guess what, all the top players and end players already do. Stop dangling the carrot Kabam.

So you want to let people choose which characters they get? I'm all for limiting the champ pool, but not for directly choosing a champion.
    Agreed. The smallest pool a crystal should be is ten champs, like incursion crystals. RNG is a pain, but it is necessary for the game I think.
    The pool doesn't matter, just increase the odds to target a certain champion. The featured 5* crystal that has the 20% drop rate for a champion should return. They started tailoring content around certain champions and then removed our ability to target champions. We need that crystal now more than ever.
    20% is far too high with as readily available 5* shards are now. That's the whole reason it got scrapped. 10% with a 10 champ pool is a bit more tolerable. It's still fairly high odds and more than double the featured 5* odds but leaving it at 20% basically guarantees anyone can get any champ at this point. That's just not healthy for the game and would basically make basic crystals pointless unless the new crystal was exorbitantly expensive
  • Options
    Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

We need more choice instead of chance. I know everybody's always worried about "well you can't let everybody have a corvus glaive" well guess what, all the top players and end players already do. Stop dangling the carrot Kabam.

So you want to let people choose which characters they get? I'm all for limiting the champ pool, but not for directly choosing a champion.
    Agreed. The smallest pool a crystal should be is ten champs, like incursion crystals. RNG is a pain, but it is necessary for the game I think.
    The pool doesn't matter, just increase the odds to target a certain champion. The featured 5* crystal that has the 20% drop rate for a champion should return. They started tailoring content around certain champions and then removed our ability to target champions. We need that crystal now more than ever.
    20% is far too high with as readily available 5* shards are now. That's the whole reason it got scrapped. 10% with a 10 champ pool is a bit more tolerable. It's still fairly high odds and more than double the featured 5* odds but leaving it at 20% basically guarantees anyone can get any champ at this point. That's just not healthy for the game and would basically make basic crystals pointless unless the new crystal was exorbitantly expensive
    10% featured 5* crystal is fine, we just need some kind of way to target champions. They can't build content around a handful of champions and give us no way to target them. They want to keep people desperate and spending hundreds on cav crystals over and over.
    I'm not disagreeing that they should probably look at adjusting champion acquisition (at the 5* level primarily, I'm not sold on changing 6* acquisition yet as they technically aren't even actually needed currently).

I also think that a lot of content that people claim to need a handful of champs can be done with other options that are just not ideal. It isn't a requirement to have an ideal counter situation if there are still other options that will technically work.

Regardless, things have gotten to a point that making some adjustments definitely wouldn't be game breaking as long as they still retain a decent amount of RNG. Some people are still going to miss and be upset but unfortunately that is the nature of a game like this.

They really do have a difficult task on their hands in balancing any change they make though. Turn up the taps too much and then it eliminates something that's a pretty core point of a game like this but keep it as is and people can potentially go years without getting an actual good option to say the 6.2.2 Sinister fight
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

10% featured 5* crystal is fine, we just need some kind of way to target champions. They can't build content around a handful of champions and give us no way to target them. They want to keep people desperate and spending hundreds on cav crystals over and over.
    I'm not disagreeing that they should probably look at adjusting champion acquisition (at the 5* level primarily, I'm not sold on changing 6* acquisition yet as they technically aren't even actually needed currently).

I also think that a lot of content that people claim to need a handful of champs can be done with other options that are just not ideal. It isn't a requirement to have an ideal counter situation if there are still other options that will technically work.

Regardless, things have gotten to a point that making some adjustments definitely wouldn't be game breaking as long as they still retain a decent amount of RNG. Some people are still going to miss and be upset but unfortunately that is the nature of a game like this.

They really do have a difficult task on their hands in balancing any change they make though. Turn up the taps too much and then it eliminates something that's a pretty core point of a game like this but keep it as is and people can potentially go years without getting an actual good option to say the 6.2.2 Sinister fight
    I mean sure fights can be done with champs that aren't ideal but no one is gonna do that. If you have a do you bleed rogue you have to get through and you don't have Blade or Nick Fury most people aren't gonna waste their time trying the fight with Electra, most people value their time more than that, not to mention it straight up isn't fun. Btw when I said a handful I was being generous, can you even count on one hand the amount of champs you'd fight acid wash Mysterio with?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Air98 said:

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

I mean sure fights can be done with champs that aren't ideal but no one is gonna do that. If you have a do you bleed rogue you have to get through and you don't have Blade or Nick Fury most people aren't gonna waste their time trying the fight with Electra, most people value their time more than that, not to mention it straight up isn't fun. Btw when I said a handful I was being generous, can you even count on one hand the amount of champs you'd fight acid wash Mysterio with?
    King Groot, Man-Thing, Nick Fury, Proxima, and Human Torch. So no, I can’t lol. I hated that fight
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

I agree. At the time of their inception, 5*s were early, and rare, and that Drop Rate was necessary. 20% is entirely too high to target a specific Champ.
  • Options
    Air98 said:

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Acid wash Mysterio is one of the few exceptions. People hang on to this idea that every fight has to be a solo and item use is inherently bad. There's a large difference between farming items to clear a fight/path and buying tons of units to do it. Neither is technically wrong but the fact is that sometimes you may just have to use some items using non ideal counters is just necessary sometimes especially if you're not a heavy spender.
  • Options
    SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    The huge champ pool made up primarily of old unusable champs is one of the most demotivating parts of the game. I literally dread opening my 6star crystals at this point.

I feel like one possible solution would be if they let you for 15K shards open a "custom" crystal - let you choose 10 possible champs from a "good" list and 10 from a "bad" list... that way at least if you get one of the terrible ones you can make sure it's either 1 that you don't already have, or that you want to awaken, or that you can get a max sig crystal from but leave that up to the player.

RNG still plays a big part, and they can balance it by how many 'good' vs 'bad' champs you're allowed to select. But that'd at least let you target the ones you want somewhat.
  • Options

The huge champ pool made up primarily of old unusable champs is one of the most demotivating parts of the game. I literally dread opening my 6star crystals at this point.

I feel like one possible solution would be if they let you for 15K shards open a "custom" crystal - let you choose 10 possible champs from a "good" list and 10 from a "bad" list... that way at least if you get one of the terrible ones you can make sure it's either 1 that you don't already have, or that you want to awaken, or that you can get a max sig crystal from but leave that up to the player.

RNG still plays a big part, and they can balance it by how many 'good' vs 'bad' champs you're allowed to select. But that'd at least let you target the ones you want somewhat.

That's honestly ridiculous especially for 6*s. 15k would be WAAAAYYYYY too cheap for basically a 50% shot at someone you want. 6*s aren't even needed yet so drastically altering the RNG of acquiring them really isn't needed either.

That's not saying I'd be opposed to any change made but something that drastic is a terrible idea
  • Options

That's honestly ridiculous especially for 6*s. 15k would be WAAAAYYYYY too cheap for basically a 50% shot at someone you want. 6*s aren't even needed yet so drastically altering the RNG of acquiring them really isn't needed either.

That's not saying I'd be opposed to any change made but something that drastic is a terrible idea
    Yes, 50% isn't even present in the game.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

The 3 biggest YouTubers have all quit their high tier Allys and are making less videos. While all have different reasons, it can’t be coincidence.

I’m not saying Kabam does everything wrong, they do a lot right, but they seem to not be able to do anything completely right and still come off as extremely stingy at every turn. We know how much $ you make, is it so hard to ask that you keep us happy with rewarding content? Their actions seem to be bare minimum at all turns.

TL;DR: Kabam’s actions have shown no change despite their PR and words. I hate to say this as I do love this game, but I’m personally out of fight, it’s just not worth it. Maybe I’ll start playing 7DS after this season ends if things aren’t looking up.

When did Pewdepie quit?

Did you mean the 3 biggest mcoc youtubers? Seatin, Lagacy, and Brian Grant?
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

The 3 biggest YouTubers have all quit their high tier Allys and are making less videos. While all have different reasons, it can’t be coincidence.

I’m not saying Kabam does everything wrong, they do a lot right, but they seem to not be able to do anything completely right and still come off as extremely stingy at every turn. We know how much $ you make, is it so hard to ask that you keep us happy with rewarding content? Their actions seem to be bare minimum at all turns.

TL;DR: Kabam’s actions have shown no change despite their PR and words. I hate to say this as I do love this game, but I’m personally out of fight, it’s just not worth it. Maybe I’ll start playing 7DS after this season ends if things aren’t looking up.

When did Pewdepie quit?

KT1 instead of Lagacy, but yes
  • Options
    edited June 2020

When did Pewdepie quit?

KT1 instead of Lagacy, but yes
    Edited.
  • Options
    SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    edited June 2020

Don't get hung up on the 50% in my example - like I said, they can determine whatever ratio they think is appropriate, maybe its 5 'good/decent' and 15 'bad', who knows. While we're at it, the 15K shards is also just an example amount, could be 20k, whatever. And I'm not just talking about 6stars, thought those are the ones that are truly the most painful given how long it takes to save up for them and the state of that pool (all terrible old champs in it, most great old champs not).

The point was, it would be nice to have at least a little control over your misses so they don't feel quite so bad - like if you'd personally prefer a civil warrior over a kamala khan (because he's new, or because it'd be an awakening, or because you'd get a max sig crystal out of it, or because you just like him, etc.) then you put civil warrior in your "custom crystal". It's still a bad outcome, but maybe it doesn't sting so bad.

And on the good side, maybe you want to put Aegon instead of Doom in your crystal as one of your "X number of champs" available from a 'good' list, because you've already got Doom at sig 200 and even when you land on a "good" outcome it still feels bad because that max sig crystal just isn't that worthwhile.

The idea is simply that with a little bit of control/curation (seemingly necessary when pool is so large and watered down) Kabam might be able to change the absolute feeling of despair or frustration of pulling a champ that is truly useless to that player.

• Options

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

That's easy to say when you already have all the ideal champions.
    And I was willing to do what it took to get what I have, spend. Time or money, that's what it costs to get things in a game like this. If you don't want to spend one, spend the other. If you want to spend neither, well you're just gonna have to manage with what you have.

I'm not trying to be condescending or brag about anything either. It's just that the idea that people have a "right" to anything in a game that's this chock full of randomness just doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said, I'm fine with them making it easier to target 5*s as players actually need them to complete content with the act 6 gates. There's nothing in game that 6*s are required for though currently outside of maybe the 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 gated paths which aren't exactly the most difficult.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

And I was willing to do what it took to get what I have, spend. Time or money, that's what it costs to get things in a game like this. If you don't want to spend one, spend the other. If you want to spend neither, well you're just gonna have to manage with what you have.

I'm not trying to be condescending or brag about anything either. It's just that the idea that people have a "right" to anything in a game that's this chock full of randomness just doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said, I'm fine with them making it easier to target 5*s as players actually need them to complete content with the act 6 gates. There's nothing in game that 6*s are required for though currently outside of maybe the 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 gated paths which aren't exactly the most difficult.
    Honestly I agree with you, I think 20% is maybe too high and unrealistic given the need for Kabam to maximize profits. I don't think it would break the game, most players were really happy with the 20% targeting system but Kabam needs to make money off of crystals. I would be okay if you can buy incursion type of crystals for 15k shards to target specific champions to help with the rng which is a 10% chance.

I think the bigger issue is 6 star shard availability that is more demoralizing because it takes entirely too long to pull a 6 star champion and the pool is way too high. The rng involved with the way we are getting t5cc on top of that makes it crushing.
  • Options

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Honestly I agree with you, I think 20% is maybe too high and unrealistic given the need for Kabam to maximize profits. I don't think it would break the game, most players were really happy with the 20% targeting system but Kabam needs to make money off of crystals. I would be okay if you can buy incursion type of crystals for 15k shards to target specific champions to help with the rng which is a 10% chance.

I think the bigger issue is 6 star shard availability that is more demoralizing because it takes entirely too long to pull a 6 star champion and the pool is way too high. The rng involved with the way we are getting t5cc on top of that makes it crushing.
    And I get that honestly. The game and playerbase is at an odd point in progression I think. There's such a huge gap between freshly cavalier players and those finished with everything let alone between them and someone freshly uncollected. They're all playing the same difficulty level with the same influx of resources though, outside of alliance events.

At least starting next month we'll have a better idea of how things will be starting to move forward for later game players. So really all we can do is wait to see where this whole thing starts off next month with the new side event difficulty. Hopefully they'll be able to refine it enough over the testing months that it can help to some degree.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

And I get that honestly. The game and playerbase is at an odd point in progression I think. There's such a huge gap between freshly cavalier players and those finished with everything let alone between them and someone freshly uncollected. They're all playing the same difficulty level with the same influx of resources though, outside of alliance events.

At least starting next month we'll have a better idea of how things will be starting to move forward for later game players. So really all we can do is wait to see where this whole thing starts off next month with the new side event difficulty. Hopefully they'll be able to refine it enough over the testing months that it can help to some degree.
    I'm just ready for the road map to drop at this point. Looking forward to the cavalier difficulty as well. We need the separation in difficulty because it causes way too much confusion between players and reward entitlement. This was abundantly clear to me with MODOK labs as I breezed through the fights and saw the amount of complaints.
  • Options

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

I'm just ready for the road map to drop at this point. Looking forward to the cavalier difficulty as well. We need the separation in difficulty because it causes way too much confusion between players and reward entitlement. This was abundantly clear to me with MODOK labs as I breezed through the fights and saw the amount of complaints.
    Yeah i was really surprised by the comments/complaints. Hadn't done it myself until last weekend, and it was a 5-10 minute thing depending on the path. Very easy.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Oooooh girl, the complaints. People were complaining that "it couldn't be done without R5 champs".
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Oooooh girl, the complaints. People were complaining that "it couldn't be done without R5 champs".
    It's not a great difficulty for a daily side quest with small rewards for each run, and limited entries. If you could max out on how much u got, it'd be one thing, but instead you "have" to complete each one and there are some obscene node combinations that come up... and keep coming up as you reroll them.

It would be fine as the paths for the last chapter of monthly main EQ event. Give people their easy path and then make these the other paths. Instead it's having to do unfun modifiers over and over and over and over.
    The Mutant path is the "easy" path. There's really nothing too BS about the node combinations there.

I actually enjoy this one. It's more challenging than the other events because it forces you to think. Also, thank god it's way easier than the Labs in the past. Those were just pure torture.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

walkerdog said:

Air98 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

It's not a great difficulty for a daily side quest with small rewards for each run, and limited entries. If you could max out on how much u got, it'd be one thing, but instead you "have" to complete each one and there are some obscene node combinations that come up... and keep coming up as you reroll them.

It would be fine as the paths for the last chapter of monthly main EQ event. Give people their easy path and then make these the other paths. Instead it's having to do unfun modifiers over and over and over and over.
    The Mutant path is the "easy" path. There's really nothing too BS about the node combinations there.

I actually enjoy this one. It's more challenging than the other events because it forces you to think. Also, thank god it's way easier than the Labs in the past. Those were just pure torture.
    There's no thinking involved in it for me. I just take the tech path with Corvus and collect my 500 five star shards and 50 six star shards. Most the time I don't even read the nodes. The only part that is annoying is that the final boss only has a node pool of 5-6 nodes. The problem is that this epic quest is tuned for Cavalier players but is accessible to Uncollected players.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

20% is definitely not too high and why does everyone parrot the whole targeting isnt "healthy" for the game. We had 20% crystals before and arguably that was the peak of the game in terms of it being enjoyable.
  • Options
    gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

20% is definitely not too high and why does everyone parrot the whole targeting isnt "healthy" for the game. We had 20% crystals before and arguably that was the peak of the game in terms of it being enjoyable.
    Those 20% crystals were around at a time we probably got a quarter of the 5* shards we do now. People saved for months to have a good chance at a specific champ. You could do that in weeks now
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Those 20% crystals were around at a time we probably got a quarter of the 5* shards we do now. People saved for months to have a good chance at a specific champ. You could do that in weeks now
    With the number of champions in the pool it is definitely more appropriate to have it now. The quantity of 5* shards we have now is due to Kabam trying to remedy the large crystal pool which does not make sense in my opinion. If they left the 20% crystals we'd have had a different progression in shard gain.