**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

We need more choice instead of chance. I know everybody's always worried about "well you can't let everybody have a corvus glaive" well guess what, all the top players and end players already do. Stop dangling the carrot Kabam.

So you want to let people choose which characters they get? I'm all for limiting the champ pool, but not for directly choosing a champion.
    Agreed. The smallest pool a crystal should be is ten champs, like incursion crystals. RNG is a pain, but it is necessary for the game I think.
    The pool doesn't matter, just increase the odds to target a certain champion. The featured 5* crystal that has the 20% drop rate for a champion should return. They started tailoring content around certain champions and then removed our ability to target champions. We need that crystal now more than ever.
    20% is far too high with as readily available 5* shards are now. That's the whole reason it got scrapped. 10% with a 10 champ pool is a bit more tolerable. It's still fairly high odds and more than double the featured 5* odds but leaving it at 20% basically guarantees anyone can get any champ at this point. That's just not healthy for the game and would basically make basic crystals pointless unless the new crystal was exorbitantly expensive
    20% is definitely not too high and why does everyone parrot the whole targeting isnt "healthy" for the game. We had 20% crystals before and arguably that was the peak of the game in terms of it being enjoyable.
    Those 20% crystals were around at a time we probably got a quarter of the 5* shards we do now. People saved for months to have a good chance at a specific champ. You could do that in weeks now
    With the number of champions in the pool it is definitely more appropriate to have it now. The quantity of 5* shards we have now is due to Kabam trying to remedy the large crystal pool which does not make sense in my opinion. If they left the 20% crystals we'd have had a different progression in shard gain.
    There is an easy fix to @Worknprogress suggestion and just make the 20% crystals worth 20k instead. Also you can limit it to just the basic pool so Kabam would still make their money from newer champs. Regardless the system needs a revamp, we can all agree to that.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

We need more choice instead of chance. I know everybody's always worried about "well you can't let everybody have a corvus glaive" well guess what, all the top players and end players already do. Stop dangling the carrot Kabam.

So you want to let people choose which characters they get? I'm all for limiting the champ pool, but not for directly choosing a champion.
    Agreed. The smallest pool a crystal should be is ten champs, like incursion crystals. RNG is a pain, but it is necessary for the game I think.
    The pool doesn't matter, just increase the odds to target a certain champion. The featured 5* crystal that has the 20% drop rate for a champion should return. They started tailoring content around certain champions and then removed our ability to target champions. We need that crystal now more than ever.
    20% is far too high with as readily available 5* shards are now. That's the whole reason it got scrapped. 10% with a 10 champ pool is a bit more tolerable. It's still fairly high odds and more than double the featured 5* odds but leaving it at 20% basically guarantees anyone can get any champ at this point. That's just not healthy for the game and would basically make basic crystals pointless unless the new crystal was exorbitantly expensive
    20% is definitely not too high and why does everyone parrot the whole targeting isnt "healthy" for the game. We had 20% crystals before and arguably that was the peak of the game in terms of it being enjoyable.
    Those 20% crystals were around at a time we probably got a quarter of the 5* shards we do now. People saved for months to have a good chance at a specific champ. You could do that in weeks now
    With the number of champions in the pool it is definitely more appropriate to have it now. The quantity of 5* shards we have now is due to Kabam trying to remedy the large crystal pool which does not make sense in my opinion. If they left the 20% crystals we'd have had a different progression in shard gain.
    When we had the crystals people were already complaining about the lack of 5* shards just like they are about 6* shards now.

It's not as easy a fix as a lot of people seem to think. They have to make sure they don't devalue every other crystal in the game by making the odds too good or cost too cheap, make sure a change won't have a massive effect on revenue (regardless of what some people seem to think Kabam is still a business and not a charity), and have to make sure it doesn't basically guranteed that people can get whoever they want.

I know players don't seem to think so but if everyone could just get exactly whatever champs they wanted all the time it really wouldn't be good for the game. People would just hoard forever until they get their shot and no one would have any real incentive to actually try to get champs early. Just sit back and wait until you can brute force a guranteed pull with shards. That would have a large effect on crystal and offer sales. Bottom line is people spending money, whether it's casual low spenders or massive whales, keep the game alive.

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

There is an easy fix to @Worknprogress suggestion and just make the 20% crystals worth 20k instead. Also you can limit it to just the basic pool so Kabam would still make their money from newer champs. Regardless the system needs a revamp, we can all agree to that.
    I think there are definitely ways they could increase odds without breaking anything. I'm not exactly sure how or to what extent but I do hope they're looking at it.

No matter what anyone says, I don't think eliminating randomness from champion pulls would be good for the game long term though.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    At 20% for one particular Champ, no one would bother with any of the other Crystals. They'd just save up until the one they wanted came along. I don't see that as a fix.
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

When we had the crystals people were already complaining about the lack of 5* shards just like they are about 6* shards now.

It's not as easy a fix as a lot of people seem to think. They have to make sure they don't devalue every other crystal in the game by making the odds too good or cost too cheap, make sure a change won't have a massive effect on revenue (regardless of what some people seem to think Kabam is still a business and not a charity), and have to make sure it doesn't basically guranteed that people can get whoever they want.

I know players don't seem to think so but if everyone could just get exactly whatever champs they wanted all the time it really wouldn't be good for the game. People would just hoard forever until they get their shot and no one would have any real incentive to actually try to get champs early. Just sit back and wait until you can brute force a guranteed pull with shards. That would have a large effect on crystal and offer sales. Bottom line is people spending money, whether it's casual low spenders or massive whales, keep the game alive.
    Never said it was an easy fix and 20% isnt "guaranteed". We had 20% crystals and many, many, many people missed and not just for 1 type of crystal but on many many instances. People missed multiple times on hyperion, mordo, sparky, blade etc

I went 1/4 hyperion (1/1 first go and then 0/3 on rerun), 1/4 sparky(0/3 on first go and 1/1 on rerun), 1/1 iceman and 1/12 for blade. Some people went for the same champs and missed. The time between each crystal made it that if you saved, you'd miss out on crystals inbetween.
    20% would absolutely be a guarantee now with as many shards as we get. You'd easily be able to open 10+ crystals for any champ you really wanted.

You talk about the time between crystals but they always came back so if someone showed up that you wanted and you hadn't saved, you just started saving for a rerun you knew was coming. With how fast you can accumulate shards now I don't even think you'd have to wait for the rerun
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

I'm actually really surprised that the Roadmap hasn't come out yet today. There's still plenty of time left in the day, though.

Im not surprised. It will probably come out next week on like friday and will just be more infomation we already knew
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Air98 said:

G0311 said:

Never said it was an easy fix and 20% isnt "guaranteed". We had 20% crystals and many, many, many people missed and not just for 1 type of crystal but on many many instances. People missed multiple times on hyperion, mordo, sparky, blade etc

I went 1/4 hyperion (1/1 first go and then 0/3 on rerun), 1/4 sparky(0/3 on first go and 1/1 on rerun), 1/1 iceman and 1/12 for blade. Some people went for the same champs and missed. The time between each crystal made it that if you saved, you'd miss out on crystals inbetween.
    20% would absolutely be a guarantee now with as many shards as we get. You'd easily be able to open 10+ crystals for any champ you really wanted.

You talk about the time between crystals but they always came back so if someone showed up that you wanted and you hadn't saved, you just started saving for a rerun you knew was coming. With how fast you can accumulate shards now I don't even think you'd have to wait for the rerun
    Saying that 20% is guaranteed is almost the same thing as Kabam saying that increased shard gain combats the increased crystal pool. RNG is still RNG and unless it is 100%, it isnt guaranteed.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I'm actually really surprised that the Roadmap hasn't come out yet today. There's still plenty of time left in the day, though.

If they don't release the roadmap by Friday than Kabam's promise to drop the information early June would be a false statement and the rage will know no end.

The expectation for this roadmap is getting higher by the day. Youtubers have been pretty much silently waiting.
    Man I can't imagine how pissed people will be if it doesn't drop by Friday at the latest. I was fully expecting it to be dropped yesterday or today.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★

If they don't release the roadmap by Friday than Kabam's promise to drop the information early June would be a false statement and the rage will know no end.

The expectation for this roadmap is getting higher by the day. Youtubers have been pretty much silently waiting.
    Man I can't imagine how pissed people will be if it doesn't drop by Friday at the latest. I was fully expecting it to be dropped yesterday or today.
    Never expected. Thing that’ll or isuse.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Its messed up that Kabam said they're working on mitigating the ticket issue for mixed alliances in the meantime before August and haven't give an update on how they plan on doing that before AQ started today. I like the new system too but for those mixed alliances I can see the outrage.
  • MrPerfect666MrPerfect666 Posts: 12

Thank you Kabam for issuing the Abyss CMM compensation to everyone. A step in the right direction.

This compensation was terrible.

It wasn’t a bare minimum, it was a bare minimum of a bare minimum of a bare minimum of a bare minimum.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

Nah I disagree. They can announce whatever they want. What matters is what actually happens in game. Just like after 6.2 they announced that they learned a lot. That didn't seem to actually translate over in 6.3, 6.4 and book 2 beta. The announcement will be important, no doubt about that, but until we see it/play it in game, we won't really know.
    Gregdagr8 said:

I really thought today was the day for the big announcement. Like a lot of people on here, and you tube has said. This one announcement is going to make or break the game.

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.

Gregdagr8 said:

People are looking forward to it, but I don't agree that it will make or break the game.
    Why? Lots of people are only hanging around for the Roadmap at this point.
    The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

The Roadmap is not going to make or break the game. People are still playing. Some are upset, some are talking about leaving. That's all fair. Saying the game will fall if they do is just egotistical.
    Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Except if this doesnt address any of the concerns then I wont see this game last another year. Funny how you still dont realise how much everyone is riding on this. Myself i don't play anymore, im done just logging in daily and thats its.
    I disagree with that one. What percentage do you think is at the End-Game level, waiting on this Announcement? 5%? 10% maybe? I'd say lower than 10.
    Am I saying their feedback doesn't matter? No. Am I saying it's collateral damage if people quit? No. Obviously they want people to play.
    What I am saying is it's an exaggeration to say the game will go down if they don’t get what they want. There's an entire Player Base outside of them, still playing. They don't even come to the Forum half the time. They just play the game.
    I also retired and logged on once a day. Here we are some months later, and I'm back. The break did wonders.
    But if this causes youtubers to quit players will quit as well. If Seatin,lagacy, BG and kt1 all quit most of there fan base would quit as well as most people dont follow them becuase they are playing the game its because they enjoy their personality. And just because someone doesnt use the forums doesnt mean they dont know whats going on. And finally this roadmap doesnt just affect CURRENT endgame players it affects all players.
    Let's not get carried away. Most people play the game because they love the game. Not because they're playing just for their favorite YouTubers. The only thing that does is add Views for them on YouTube. The only reason they even started watching them, for the most part, is because of the game.