**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

WnP it’s scary to think Kabam might see a lot of this non sense as valid but if Kabam are so far off the rails to take it as valid then arguing against it won’t change a thing. Let the exemplifications of Dunning-Kruger have at it, you can’t argue with someone who is incapable of and will not entertain the idea that they are wrong.

I have faith that they won't kill off their own game but man it's just hard to sit back and read such an overwhelming percentage of ideas that are just flat out bad long term. The same people claim that I don't want people getting things bc they'll "catch up" and I'm selfish but in fact it's them who are selfish bc they'd rather speed up progression bc they don't like where they are currently. I'm perfectly fine where I am and that doesn't get affected at all by where anyone else is.
    But what you are doing is advocating for a status quo where nothing changes. You don't care if act 6 is changed, but you actively argue against reducing difficulty. When you argue like that, people have no option other than to believe that you don't want others to complete.
    Bad ideas are a result of people not understanding the mechanics of game economy and I know its frustrating to work with that sometimes. I don't comment on the idiotic ideas most of the time. People asking for champ exchange or wanting an increase in Uncollected rewards don't realize that champ exchange will just make ftp at a disadvantage and increase in rewards of UC eq will just increase the difficulty and more 5 star and 6 star acquisition will only increase the power creep to a extend that will just people to quit out of frustration.
    I'm not saying that nothing should change at all though. I'm still not even against a difficulty reduction. I however am unsure it's necessary. Players moving through content in months that took other players years is one of the reasons they find act 6 so difficult in my opinion. Granted a lot of that is no fault of theirs as they can't control they got one or two amazing 5*s and steam rolled everything.

The problem is expecting that same rate of progress continually though. They attempted to slow people down by requiring large rosters for Act 6. Did they go too far in some instances? Probably but I still understand the idea behind it. The other major problem with that is they made zero changes to the ability of players to even attain champs that will fit into the content restrictions so you can potentially have someone sitting in one spot with no real way in sight to move forward. No one should want that either. If they increased the chances of players getting those champs as 5*s, they at least still have to get and rank them to continue which gives them at least a slightly more natural progression rate while not being completely road blocked. I also think that reduces the necessity of altering the difficulty. If that happens fine. I still don't really think it's NEEDED.

I've been very much pro that happening. Where people seem to have an issue with my opinions starts at the 6*s. They're not required for anything yet so I'm not completely sold on there needing to be a drastic alteration to getting them.
    Then what it requires is the gating of a different sort. Like the elders bane should be mandatory to enter act 6. Or explore uncollected difficulty 5 times and earn a title which will allow entry into act 6. It should be time based so that you are forced to gain experience and then progress in game.That is one of my suggestions. Champion acquisition in an rng game cannot be made as a gate. Not everyone can get the champs.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

WnP it’s scary to think Kabam might see a lot of this non sense as valid but if Kabam are so far off the rails to take it as valid then arguing against it won’t change a thing. Let the exemplifications of Dunning-Kruger have at it, you can’t argue with someone who is incapable of and will not entertain the idea that they are wrong.

I have faith that they won't kill off their own game but man it's just hard to sit back and read such an overwhelming percentage of ideas that are just flat out bad long term. The same people claim that I don't want people getting things bc they'll "catch up" and I'm selfish but in fact it's them who are selfish bc they'd rather speed up progression bc they don't like where they are currently. I'm perfectly fine where I am and that doesn't get affected at all by where anyone else is.
    But what you are doing is advocating for a status quo where nothing changes. You don't care if act 6 is changed, but you actively argue against reducing difficulty. When you argue like that, people have no option other than to believe that you don't want others to complete.
    Bad ideas are a result of people not understanding the mechanics of game economy and I know its frustrating to work with that sometimes. I don't comment on the idiotic ideas most of the time. People asking for champ exchange or wanting an increase in Uncollected rewards don't realize that champ exchange will just make ftp at a disadvantage and increase in rewards of UC eq will just increase the difficulty and more 5 star and 6 star acquisition will only increase the power creep to a extend that will just people to quit out of frustration.
    I'm not saying that nothing should change at all though. I'm still not even against a difficulty reduction. I however am unsure it's necessary. Players moving through content in months that took other players years is one of the reasons they find act 6 so difficult in my opinion. Granted a lot of that is no fault of theirs as they can't control they got one or two amazing 5*s and steam rolled everything.

The problem is expecting that same rate of progress continually though. They attempted to slow people down by requiring large rosters for Act 6. Did they go too far in some instances? Probably but I still understand the idea behind it. The other major problem with that is they made zero changes to the ability of players to even attain champs that will fit into the content restrictions so you can potentially have someone sitting in one spot with no real way in sight to move forward. No one should want that either. If they increased the chances of players getting those champs as 5*s, they at least still have to get and rank them to continue which gives them at least a slightly more natural progression rate while not being completely road blocked. I also think that reduces the necessity of altering the difficulty. If that happens fine. I still don't really think it's NEEDED.

I've been very much pro that happening. Where people seem to have an issue with my opinions starts at the 6*s. They're not required for anything yet so I'm not completely sold on there needing to be a drastic alteration to getting them.
    Then what it requires is the gating of a different sort. Like the elders bane should be mandatory to enter act 6. Or explore uncollected difficulty 5 times and earn a title which will allow entry into act 6. It should be time based so that you are forced to gain experience and then progress in game.That is one of my suggestions. Champion acquisition in an rng game cannot be made as a gate. Not everyone can get the champs.
    I think it's a great idea to gate Act 6 behind Act 5 exploration, though I became Cavalier before I became Elder's Bane
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I think it's a great idea to gate Act 6 behind Act 5 exploration, though I became Cavalier before I became Elder's Bane
    That's why I am hoping for a change like this. If you are forced to explore act 5, you will have time to get experience, do the variants and by the time you explore act 5, you should have a solid roster. Act 6 is stil tough,but it will be manageable.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

We don't need to accelerate the acquisition of champions, we just need to alter it. This needs to be done either by adding in class crystals or making basic crystals nexus crystals. This won't accelerate the acquisition--if they go the class crystal route than it will actually slow it since the class crystals should be around 15K shards--but will alleviate the cruelty of the RNG.

Which I haven't argued against and even supported multiple times in this and plenty of other threads. That's not what a lot of people are asking for though. They're asking for new arenas, and more shards, more crystals, removing RNG all together in some ridiculous instances, etc...

I know, I'm just giving my ideas again. Though, we do need a five star basic arena.
    I am not sure how a 5 star basic arena is going to help with champion acquisition. Aegon entered into featured after almost 2 yrs and he went for 78 mill or above. If any desirable champ enters that arena, you really think it will be like 4 star basic? I am not so sure in that.
    I don't think it would necessarily help with champion acquisition a lot, but it would help some. The basic arena will almost certainly never go as high as 78 million since people will have to split their grind time between the basic and the featured. It'll give smaller players a better chance of targeting a specific champion.
    I remember when 4 star basic and 4 star featured were the only arenas available. A good 4 star basic went almost the same as the bad 4 star in featured. Both came around 6 mill. People who want the champ are going to go for them regardless of how many arenas are available. I even have an example in the aegon arena. People with 6 star rank 3 duped aegon placed in top 10 in 5 star featured arena. What was the point of running that arena?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

That's why I am hoping for a change like this. If you are forced to explore act 5, you will have time to get experience, do the variants and by the time you explore act 5, you should have a solid roster. Act 6 is stil tough,but it will be manageable.
    Variant 1 would probably be the best act 6 test. You have to have numerous 5 stars from every class to do it, and it has very specific nodes to counter. I know it is possible to do item less since new champions that are stronger entered the game but it is still the hardest test outside of Abyss and act 6 when it comes to permanent content.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Variant 1 would probably be the best act 6 test. You have to have numerous 5 stars from every class to do it, and it has very specific nodes to counter. I know it is possible to do item less since new champions that are stronger entered the game but it is still the hardest test outside of Abyss and act 6 when it comes to permanent content.
    I agree. Explore all variants. Some variants even have nodes from act 6 so that you get an idea of what you can face.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

We don't need to accelerate the acquisition of champions, we just need to alter it. This needs to be done either by adding in class crystals or making basic crystals nexus crystals. This won't accelerate the acquisition--if they go the class crystal route than it will actually slow it since the class crystals should be around 15K shards--but will alleviate the cruelty of the RNG.

Which I haven't argued against and even supported multiple times in this and plenty of other threads. That's not what a lot of people are asking for though. They're asking for new arenas, and more shards, more crystals, removing RNG all together in some ridiculous instances, etc...

I know, I'm just giving my ideas again. Though, we do need a five star basic arena.
    I am not sure how a 5 star basic arena is going to help with champion acquisition. Aegon entered into featured after almost 2 yrs and he went for 78 mill or above. If any desirable champ enters that arena, you really think it will be like 4 star basic? I am not so sure in that.
    I don't think it would necessarily help with champion acquisition a lot, but it would help some. The basic arena will almost certainly never go as high as 78 million since people will have to split their grind time between the basic and the featured. It'll give smaller players a better chance of targeting a specific champion.
    The reason I am sceptical is when it was just 4 star basic and 4 star featured arena, an old but good 4 star in basic arena went for the same score as a average or a bad champ in featured arena. Both went for 6 mill. I remember because I got 4 star rouge from featured for about 6 mill when the 4 star basic also went for the same. The aegon arena had people with 6 star rank 3 duped aegon place top 10. What was the point of them doing such a high score? Trust me, if its a good champ, its going high.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The thing is that 6.1 is easily manageable, even if you haven't explored Act 5. I completed an initial run with only r4s (Mordo, Iceman, Blade, Red Hulk, and Venom, all unduped) so the difficulty increase from Act 5 really isn't that much, it's the jump from 6.1 to 6.2 that's the trouble.
    I don't even think there's a large jump in 6.2 at least most of it. The health pools and attack dont really shoot up until 6.3. Most of the perceived difficulty in 6.2 probably comes from the gates and fights like 6.2.2 sinister that still really don't even have many options to solo without a synergy

6.2.5 is where I think they went too far though. Requiring 4 champs in the gates, the global, and that mordo boss (particularly strength in numbers which is just a cheap node) is a bit much. Some of that was even fairly tough for me and that's with having a plethora of champ options to make a team.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The thing is that 6.1 is easily manageable, even if you haven't explored Act 5. I completed an initial run with only r4s (Mordo, Iceman, Blade, Red Hulk, and Venom, all unduped) so the difficulty increase from Act 5 really isn't that much, it's the jump from 6.1 to 6.2 that's the trouble.
    I don't even think there's a large jump in 6.2 at least most of it. The health pools and attack dont really shoot up until 6.3. Most of the perceived difficulty in 6.2 probably comes from the gates and fights like 6.2.2 sinister that still really don't even have many options to solo without a synergy

6.2.5 is where I think they went too far though. Requiring 4 champs in the gates, the global, and that mordo boss (particularly strength in numbers which is just a cheap node) is a bit much. Some of that was even fairly tough for me and that's with having a plethora of champ options to make a team.
    I still have not emotionally recovered from exploring 6.2.5 lol. Whoever designed that quest legit should have been fired for incompetence. It's so radically different from the rest of 6.2 since every single fight is very heavily noded and a lot of those fights are either stun immune, debuff immune, or a big limber node that removes one of the two ways to remove the charges from the global node.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I understand that, the problem again is that most people who become cavalier are not able to handle that sudden increase in health and attack. I am expecting a huge uproar when kabam introduces cavalier difficulty. If it is too much, we will have an influx of "cash grab" posts. Better thing would be to force them to complete content and gain experience.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I understand that, the problem again is that most people who become cavalier are not able to handle that sudden increase in health and attack. I am expecting a huge uproar when kabam introduces cavalier difficulty. If it is too much, we will have an influx of "cash grab" posts. Better thing would be to force them to complete content and gain experience.
    Oh I absolutely agree with you. No matter what, there will be players crying cash grab when Cav difficulty drops because they expect all content to be made for them when it just isn't.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Can anyone explain why champ refreshes are a thing? I get that Kabam gets more money, but they really don't do anything but set the F2P and P2P farther apart from each other.

The champ cool down timers at arena offer and something different than that. They encourage players to rank up and build a diverse roster, which in other case no one would. If there were no timers, you could only need to bring a team of 3 highest pi champs and spam the arenas. Total game breaking.
    In my opinion, 5*/6* cool down timers should be reduced at least by couple of hours. That would help in closing the gap between FTP and PTP at arena, and give FTP more chances at a desired champ.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Greekhit said:

Can anyone explain why champ refreshes are a thing? I get that Kabam gets more money, but they really don't do anything but set the F2P and P2P farther apart from each other.

The champ cool down timers at arena offer and something different than that. They encourage players to rank up and build a diverse roster, which in other case no one would. If there were no timers, you could only need to bring a team of 3 highest pi champs and spam the arenas. Total game breaking.
    In my opinion, 5*/6* cool down timers should be reduced at least by couple of hours. That would help in closing the gap between FTP and PTP at arena, and give FTP more chances at a desired champ.
    I don't mind the arena timers. It allows me to get things done.lol. I would like the incursion cool down to reduce. A lot of my friends from the game need a solid partner to do incursions and I want to play with everyone. I don't understand the point of incursion timers anyway, you have specific milestones and there is no rank rewards. I know I can play using any champ, but part of the fun is using your top champ with insane hacks to destroy the nodes.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I don't mind the arena timers. It allows me to get things done.lol. I would like the incursion cool down to reduce. A lot of my friends from the game need a solid partner to do incursions and I want to play with everyone. I don't understand the point of incursion timers anyway, you have specific milestones and there is no rank rewards. I know I can play using any champ, but part of the fun is using your top champ with insane hacks to destroy the nodes.

The incursions timers are there for the same reason as arena timers. Though, I agree they need to be reduced. In my opinion, half the current cool down timers would be the optimal. It’s ridiculous to have to wait 4 days for your champs to refresh, if you have a bad partner and have your run destroyed. That would also reduce the impact to players of a bad matchmaking.
    Also, an addition of small gold milestones infinitely every X points, would tone up the interest and could turn incursions to an arena alternative.
    Finally, why incursions fights don’t count at solo/alliance events? It makes no sense. Since there are timers it can’t be abused by any way. It’s like Kabam released an 8 months project and try to sabotage it, finding ways to prevent people from playing it.

• Options
    Greekhit said:

Pulyaman said:

The incursions timers are there for the same reason as arena timers. Though, I agree they need to be reduced. In my opinion, half the current cool down timers would be the optimal. It’s ridiculous to have to wait 4 days for your champs to refresh, if you have a bad partner and have your run destroyed. That would also reduce the impact to players of a bad matchmaking.
    Also, an addition of small gold milestones infinitely every X points, would tone up the interest and could turn incursions to an arena alternative.
    Finally, why incursions fights don’t count at solo/alliance events? It makes no sense. Since there are timers it can’t be abused by any way. It’s like Kabam released an 8 months project and try to sabotage it, finding ways to prevent people from playing it.

But you cannot grind infinitely in incursions like in arena. Also, you have milestone rewards which we can get by going to zone 8 most of the time. Above zone 10, only section 7 has useful rewards. There are no rank rewards for people to compete. So , why have the timers for cooldown?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It also encourages people to play wise and grow. If you have limited time to use Champs, you're going to play smarter than if you can keep going in infinitely.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Overall though, they put limitations on a sliding scale to pace things out, I believe. That's why they have Timers and Bonus Timers and Crystal limits and cool downs. So that it doesn't become the main focus of the game and the main source of Rewards.
  • Options

It also encourages people to play wise and grow. If you have limited time to use Champs, you're going to play smarter than if you can keep going in infinitely.

Overall though, they put limitations on a sliding scale to pace things out, I believe. That's why they have Timers and Bonus Timers and Crystal limits and cool downs. So that it doesn't become the main focus of the game and the main source of Rewards.

Mate, sorry to say but I don't think you have done incursions. It was supposed to be a fun game mode encouraging you to interact more with other players.The rewards are in no way ground breaking. You can grind 3 5star crystals I think if you get to zone 25 of sector 7 and zone 10 of sector 6 every month. And the nodes already force you to play smart and think on it a lot. If your point is people will play with the same champ indefinitely, I would say let them because once you reach room 10, the difficulty is ramped up a lot and you don't get additional rewards for doing the same rooms again and again. If there was no cooldown, I would use some rarer champs like iron fist, who I like very much and try to get the milestones. It would also reduce complaints that we saw earlier regarding random matches, if someone gets shafted in a random match, we can quit and start over. That is my view anyway. In this game, the more you play, the more you grow.
  • Options
    Lunae said:

Just had an idea while on the John :o

What if they boosted mastery stats based on a players progression to help with act 6 and plus.

When a player becomes uncollected theyd unlock a next level of boosted mastery stats.
    For example
    • Dexterity could receive a bigger boost and or a
    longer duration so that it actually becomes
    useful in boosting a champions crit rate.
    • Suicides attack values could be boosted
    - Duration and debuff damage from them could
    be reduced, but the damage reduction might be
    too op.
    - Recoil atttack stats increased, kick back
    damage reduced.
    - Etc etc
    • Precision and Cruelty values boosted along with
    fury masteries so that the fury masteries actually
    become useful and worth the points.
    • Block masteries could also be improved to help
    mitigate block damage in act 6 + aswell.

Caviler would then again unlock the next level in an mastery stat increase, etc, etc.

I was never a fan of a gear system, but I think this would allow the player a greater deal of customization that would actually feel more useful then the current system.

The only problem is that these masteries would have to be locked out of war, arena and maybe aq. They could also just separate war, arena and aq aswell by introducing uncollected and cavalier restrictions, but this is just an afterthought with many possible glaring issues.

I think you’re onto something, but some just won’t be a good idea since it would be too difficult to make it so that the increased Suicides don’t count for war or AQ
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I agree. Explore all variants. Some variants even have nodes from act 6 so that you get an idea of what you can face.
    While Variants are a good test for roster depth in general, the unique class restrictions in Variant 1 (by far the hardest, in my view) mean you could have players waiting on specific champs for that Variant before they are able to hit Act 6. I don’t think that was the original purpose of the Variants and, given the fickleness of pRNG, putting story content behind a pRNG and sidequest wall seems like the wrong way to go. Given the litany of issues re: champ acquisition expressed here, I can imagine how that would be received.

Dr. Zola
    Variant 1 is by far the toughest variant and I have still not explored that. My idea was people could do variants and act 5 side by side.
  • Options
    DragonBloodÆDragonBloodÆ Posts: 28
    @Lunae
    That’s a nice idea.